Best Drummer In The World Is.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Buster 1700
who does every 1 think is the best drummer in the world is??? slipknot is aparently the fastest and buddy rich is classed as the best but so is joey jordisson

Deano
drummy mcdrum is the best

Buster 1700
Whos that??

Victor Von Doom
Joey Jordison? Isn't the fastest or the best.

I'd say Terry Bozzio.

Benjio
Dave Grohl

solacola
Jordan Burns...

Jordan Burns

And that has to show for something. Coming 2nd to one of the most popular bands is quite impressive. He's not just one of the best drummers. he's also a really nice guy to talk to in real life and on his forums.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Dave Grohl without a question. That guy is mega-talented.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Benjio
Dave Grohl

I like Dave Grohl, but he's way overrated.

knight
Mick Fleetwood

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/thekinks.jpg

Deathblow
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I like Dave Grohl, but he's way overrated.

He's also the biggest band whore in history yes

I personally like John Bonham, Danny Carey and Jimmy Chamberlain the best.

seaapple
Maybe Elvin Jones...he played with John Coltrane.

ragesRemorse
I would say that indian god with eight arms. I bet he could play a mean drum solo.

Dude from the who had the fastest beat, but i say the dude from tool. Danny somthin.

cad
hey has there already been a thread on this already.

Deano
Originally posted by Buster 1700
Whos that??

he doesnt exist

Buster 1700
Originally posted by solacola
Jordan Burns...

Jordan Burns

And that has to show for something. Coming 2nd to one of the most popular bands is quite impressive. He's not just one of the best drummers. he's also a really nice guy to talk to in real life and on his forums.

yer i no he might have come 2nd in a punk best drummer magazine but i no theres good punk drummers but there not ever as good as death metal/hardcore drummers so he wouldnt b the best in the world

And Joey Jordison got an award for the fastest drummer. any 1 herd of buddy rich??

Victor Von Doom
An award from who? He isn't even nearly the fastest.

Ladyluck
tommy lee!!!!!!!!!!hah

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Actually, I've changed my mind, Dan Jones from the punk band Seraphs Coal is the best drummer I've seen (and I've seen Joey Jordison) because he drums, sings/screams all at the same time and he is damn fast.

Doubledee90
I liek oey jordison he is ****ing amazing...but then again the frummer from Trivium is pretty good too

Ladyluck
to give an honest answer...dave grohl...for those of you who don't know who he is, shame on you

Morgoths_Wrath
ZOMG LYKE TRAViS BaRkErRrRr is tEh BEsT evAr LOL!!!

SlipknoT
yer i no he might have come 2nd in a punk best drummer magazine but i no theres good punk drummers but there not ever as good as death metal/hardcore drummers so he wouldnt b the best in the world

And Joey Jordison got an award for the fastest drummer. any 1 herd of buddy rich?? Yea, Death Metal Drummers are Amazing

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Ladyluck
to give an honest answer...dave grohl...for those of you who don't know who he is, shame on you

Derr...

Saiyanpirate
well, i also like dave grohl, and chad smith, not just coz he is in rhcp. i dont like him as a person though. he's like always drinking and stuff.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Derr...

haha good one

amity75
Neil Peart? Although in my musically ignorant mind I'm sure there's obscure jazz drummers around who could easily wipe the floor with any rock drummer.

Bad Boy
Stu, ex drummer from Burning Skies.... check him the **** out!

HJ4CW
TRE COOL all the way Green Day are the best band ever

Bad Boy
umm no

Maynard-is-god
danny carey has all of the drummers that you have listed beat...greatest drummer of all time

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by HJ4CW
TRE COOL all the way Green Day are the best band ever

No f*ckin way

Korri
Do they have to still be alive?

Anyways, John Bonham is easily the best drummer ever.

Victor Von Doom
What makes you say that? (Just to keep this from becoming a list of names)

Korri
Just listen to songs like Dazed & Confused, When the Levee Breaks & Achilles last stand.

I think it would be extremely difficult to name a drummer who shows as much skill as Bonham.

Victor Von Doom
You're basing it on technical ability then?

I could name gazillions.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Ladyluck
haha good one

I think you misunderstood me. I actually think Dave Grohl is one of the most overrated musicians ever. He's good, but he's nowhere near the best ever. Read my earlier post. smile

Ladyluck
heh...ok...lol

simpleplan_chik
TRE COOL all the way!

Lana
Ugh, not even close.

I'd have to say Danny Carey. There was someone else I was going to put too but their name escapes me at the moment.

Korri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You're basing it on technical ability then?

I could name gazillions.

Indeed So could I.

But for me, Bonham stands out more than any i have seen.

Alpha Centauri
Terry Bozzio, Danny Carey, Dave Lombardo, Buddy Rich, Billy Cobham.

All have more technical skill than Bonham.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Korri
Indeed So could I.

But for me, Bonham stands out more than any i have seen.

From that though, I infer that you aren't referring to technical ability, so just wondered what you feel makes him the best.

knight
Roger Taylor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/queen_banner.jpg

RagnaViper
Neil Peart.

Jordison
I have the drum solo that proved it to me, joey jordison overal hands and feet is one of the fastest in the drumming world. Buddy Rich is awesome, and why hasn't Mike Portnoy been mentioned, he's a beast. If anyone's been to the subliminal verses tour you'd know what im talking about. I dont think joey gets enough credit, or for those that do like him, they dont know why hes good, if you listen closely, he is so fluent and mixes it up so well, he doesnt do the common double bass beat all the time. He is so quick in using everything he has on his huge 20 piece set. And pretty much he uses double bass all the time, sometimes its quiet in the songs but its there, for me i think he is easily the best double bass drummer. Well those 3 guys Neil Pert and the guy from the who, are pretty much the greats.

Alpha Centauri
Joey Jordison is just really fast. He's not and never will be the best drummer ever.

Don't actually understand why you aren't understanding this.

-AC

Filth
joey jordison he is a great drumer, he has great skill in the speed he drums.

Doubledee90
Joey is the man. I went to the subliminal verses tour and he was friggen amazing on the huger spinny drum solo.....CrAzY!

Darth Somebody
Neal Peart - Rush.

Piggle Humsy
who does every 1 think is the best drummer in the world is???

This guy >> rimshot

wow! what a talent! eek! eek!

el_barto
Neil Pert

ESP07
Alex VanHalen is very good

Korri
So is Eddie aparently.

Swanky-Tuna
Kevin Haskins?

Alpha Centauri
So is Eddie aparently.

He's not a drummer wink.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally EVH was the drummer, AVH was the guitarist.

John Orosco
DANNY CAREY...HANDS DOWN THE BEST!

Alpha Centauri
^Agreed.

He's not currently a drummer though is he? EVH, I mean.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Alpha Centauri
*Point* *Point* *Point*.

-AC

Ronny
I like Danny Carrey most embarrasment I dont really think hes "omg TEH best shitz eva" but hes what got me into percussion.

knight
Mark Brezezicki

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

RagnaViper
Originally posted by Ronny
I like Danny Carrey most embarrasment I dont really think hes "omg TEH best shitz eva" but hes what got me into percussion.

Danny Carey won the award for most awesome shirt ever award.

ESP07
Who the f*ck is Eddie VanHalen?

debbiejo
OH, I don't know there's so many.....maybe Keith moon, Beck, Tom Watts.....don't know.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ESP07
Who the f*ck is Eddie VanHalen?

Hahaha.

You almost had me there.

I actually thought you didn't know who he was.

-AC

xXsparrowXx
its adam carson, geniuses =P...from u guessed it, <----

coolboarder98
Peart, he's definietely a technical drummer. I suppose being trained as a classic percussionist would do it.
Bonham, he knew how to play a rock beat for that truly awesome Zeppelin sound.
Buddy Rich for sure!

ElectricBugaloo
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that no one else has mentioned Billy Cobham yet. If you're talking time changes, look no further than a jazz drummer; they all make Tool's drummer look like Meg White (though in rock, The Apex Theory's drummer is the best with tempo changes).

Rock drummer: Moon
Overall drummer: Billy Cobham

Do yourself a favor and listen to Quadrant 4 or Spectrum.

Also: Max Roach. Love this guy, especially his work on "Birth of The Cool"

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that no one else has mentioned Billy Cobham yet. If you're talking time changes, look no further than a jazz drummer; they all make Tool's drummer look like Meg White

Possibly the most ridiculous comment made.

But to each their own (despite it being not actually true).

Whether you find him impressive, like him, hate him, or all of those, no drummer on Earth can make Danny Carey look bad. At all.

The only reasons some of us never mentioned Cobham is probably because it's down to overall, I would guess.

I believe Cobham is of course one of the very greatest drummers of all time, with regards to his techncal ability. I believe that title goes to Terry Bozzio. I tend to vote overall on what they write, not what they can play.

-AC

Korri
I would also like to point out that there is nothing wrong with Megs, your just saying that because she is a girl.

ElectricBugaloo
then listen to Spectrum, he wrote that. IT is one of hte most underrated jazz albums of all time.

Saying that Danny Carey's plodding time changes are equal to the fluid style of Billy Cobham is laughable. Cobham did prog rock better than anyone (Mahavishnu Orchestra) he played with Miles Davis (one of hte most taxing things, trying ot keep up with Davis with any instrument) . He played with Sonny Rollins, The Brothers Johnson...the man has played many, many different types of music, and has never failed to impress. More than impress, he has played some of the most difficult music with ease, in a way that any other drummer wishes he could.

I still have not found a fusion or prog rock drummer able to do the things that he did, in two of the most demanding styles of play for a drummer.

As for the MEg White thing, she can't play. It has nothing to do with being a girl, it has to do with being bad.

Alpha Centauri
then listen to Spectrum, he wrote that. IT is one of hte most underrated jazz albums of all time.

And you're assuming I haven't, because?

Saying that Danny Carey's plodding time changes are equal to the fluid style of Billy Cobham is laughable. Cobham did prog rock better than anyone (Mahavishnu Orchestra) he played with Miles Davis (one of hte most taxing things, trying ot keep up with Davis with any instrument) . He played with Sonny Rollins, The Brothers Johnson...the man has played many, many different types of music, and has never failed to impress. More than impress, he has played some of the most difficult music with ease, in a way that any other drummer wishes he could.

Well besides the fact that Danny Carey has over 35 years of hardened experience in every kind of drum technique there is, mastered more or less, I think you're underrating him.

None of what you've said proves anything. Playing with loads of different people doesn't make you great. Josh Freese does that, but he's not (in my opinion) in the running for best of all time. Cobham is because of his ability, without a shadow of doubt, I'm never going to dispute that. But it seems to me like you're leaning more on antiquity than ability and talent. Danny Carey doesn't play "plodding" time changes. Anyone who has actually listened to some of his more complicated Tool work would know that. If you can listen to his fibonacci drum/time sequence on Lateralus and call it plodding, or claim that anyone else could create (or even play) that music, then THAT is laughable.

I still have not found a fusion or prog rock drummer able to do the things that he did, in two of the most demanding styles of play for a drummer.

So that must, of course, mean there isn't one or many (despite there being some).

As for the MEg White thing, she can't play. It has nothing to do with being a girl, it has to do with being bad.

She's not bad, she's just a simple drummer.

-AC

SlipknoT
I would also like to point out that there is nothing wrong with Megs, your just saying that because she is a girl. No, shes just not good...

Alpha Centauri
There's a difference between being shit and not being an amazing drummer.

She can play drums to the ability she needs to.

I know countless drummers with all the technical ability in the world, but when you can't make stuff that fits the music, what use are you? She can.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
And you're assuming I haven't, because?
Because if you had actually listened, you would have seen the tempo changes that cobham goes through. These are things that almost any other drummer cannot do - and Cobham does it with ease. He literally does things that no other drummer CAN do on this album and havent' done since.

Well besides the fact that Danny Carey has over 35 years of hardened experience in every kind of drum technique there is, mastered more or less, I think you're underrating him.

Billy Cobham not only mastered the styles that are most technically difficult with the drummer, but played with the best in his field. (Jazz, Miles Davis, he went on to Mahavishnu Orchestra, arguably the best prog rock band of all time, and finished his career with fusion-jazz)

Playing with loads of different people doesn't make you great. Josh Freese does that, but he's not (in my opinion) in the running for best of all time.

Playing with A Perfect Circle is a little different than beign good enough to not only play with Miles Davis, but to excel while playing next to him - on classic recordings such as Live-Evil and Bitches Brew, no less. And to help lead Mahavishnu Orchestra - remember, he left with McLaughlin to form the band- after such accomplished jazz work is amazing. This is without even going into his solo work.

But it seems to me like you're leaning more on antiquity than ability and talent.
Antiquity? He's still recording great fusion albums today! And why shoudl it matter if it happened 30 years ago or today. Ability and talent? Cobham has more than nearly anyone else - he is one fo the few to be on the same level as Buddy Rich, Mingus, etc. in the eyes of the musical community.

As for the fibonacci series, duke ellington was using that in his music ages ago - by instinct. And to say that Billy Cobham didn't know of this would be a bit of a stretch in such a tight knit community as the jazz community.

Tptmanno1
Martin Lopez of Opeth is really good too...
Maybe not Danny Carey good, but worth mentioning.

And it should be said, No good rock drummer cannot play jazz. There are so many jazz influences styles and such, that it would be foolish to think otherwise.

Alpha Centauri
Because if you had actually listened, you would have seen the tempo changes that cobham goes through. These are things that almost any other drummer cannot do - and Cobham does it with ease. He literally does things that no other drummer CAN do on this album and havent' done since.

Well, no. You're wrong. Me having heard it doesn't mean that I will automatically have the exact same view as you do. You thinking that he has done things no other drummer can do or hasn't done, doesn't mean it's actually true. No drummer has duplicated what he has played because why would they? There are drummers who have done as or more so outstanding things than he did on that album. Might not be a wealth of them, but they exist.

Billy Cobham not only mastered the styles that are most technically difficult with the drummer, but played with the best in his field. (Jazz, Miles Davis, he went on to Mahavishnu Orchestra, arguably the best prog rock band of all time, and finished his career with fusion-jazz)

I'm aware of that. What's your point? The man is a genius drummer. I've never disputed this. Only the fact that the NUMBER of people with which he played, has no bearing. It's what he played that made the difference, and I'm not arguing that it's amazing or that he's definately one of the best of all time. He's just not the best in my opinion, overall. Technically he may very well be, but then there's Terry Bozzio. Who I have actually seen live. He played with Fantomas, who Dave Lombardo drums for. Dave Lombardo claimed that it took him hours to learn just little pieces of that music. Terry Bozzio was reading it off a sheet and playing it flawlessly for the first time, as the gig was going on.

Playing with A Perfect Circle is a little different than beign good enough to not only play with Miles Davis, but to excel while playing next to him - on classic recordings such as Live-Evil and Bitches Brew, no less. And to help lead Mahavishnu Orchestra - remember, he left with McLaughlin to form the band- after such accomplished jazz work is amazing. This is without even going into his solo work.

You completely missed my point and just highlighted things we're both aware of, again.

Antiquity? He's still recording great fusion albums today! And why shoudl it matter if it happened 30 years ago or today. Ability and talent? Cobham has more than nearly anyone else - he is one fo the few to be on the same level as Buddy Rich, Mingus, etc. in the eyes of the musical community.

I know he is, but from your past musical post it seems you value older musical artists than newer ones. Nothing wrong with that at all and I could be wrong. Just going by what I see. It seems you include antiquity into your voting. That's your choice though.

As for the fibonacci series, duke ellington was using that in his music ages ago - by instinct. And to say that Billy Cobham didn't know of this would be a bit of a stretch in such a tight knit community as the jazz community.

Right. So not only are you assuming that but as a result, that means that Billy Cobham could also play and create it?

-AC

Maynard-is-god
i'm going to have to go with Danny Carey, but Neil Pert is tied with him...because in Neils case he has everything there is in a drummer, he can do it all...i saw his solo once, and it blew me away...but then again so does danny carey, with his chops on Ticks and Leeches. So i could not choose between the two...

kier14matrix
I'd say Joey Jordison.

Alpha Centauri
Why do people keep saying Joey Jordison?

He's not the best in the world. Factual. Not even in the running.

-AC

kier14matrix
matter of opinion dude

Alpha Centauri
No, no it's not.

It's provable. He isn't technically in the running for best in the world. He's not that good.

-AC

kier14matrix
It's provable. He isn't technically in the running for best in the world. He's not that good.

Hmmm, lets see, yes it is. So what your trying to say is, whoever is the best drummer in the world, everyone should like that certain drummer, somehow i don't think so, and i don't know if the thread is asking who's the best in thier opinion or the best factually, if its not the best in our opinion, then it's a pretty pointless thread.

Alpha Centauri
Joey Jordison does not create music good enough to be called the best, nor does he have the ability to be called the best.

Fact.

-AC

Ronny
Originally posted by ESP07
Who the f*ck is Eddie VanHalen? jawdrop Van Halen? The Band? Key Member? Moron

I was born on his birthday happy

benjizriotgirl
Actually the fastest AND best drummer in the world is Joey Jordison, he has actually kept his record for fastest drumming for 15 years now, and no1 has broken it yet. Joey jordison has also won numerous awards for Best Drumming, so u can't argue wit any1 who says dat joey is the best and fastest drummer in the world, coz dey wud win wink

Treehuggerjanie
joeyjoeyjoeyjoey...he kicks ass!mmmm and hes ever so sexy!

Treehuggerjanie
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Joey Jordison does not create music good enough to be called the best, nor does he have the ability to be called the best.

Fact.

-AC

I would disagree. I think his awards for drumming disprove what you have said and the fact that he has been head hunted and asked to drum in a few bands shows that he does have the ability.Listening to his drumming is amazing. When he played a drum solo to a crowd of thousands at numerous concerts and they all went wild i think it showed what a superbly talented man he is

benjizriotgirl
Joey Jordison always has, and always will be the greatest drummer ever wink

Ronny
Originally posted by benjizriotgirl
Actually the fastest AND best drummer in the world is Joey Jordison, he has actually kept his record for fastest drumming for 15 years now, and no1 has broken it yet. Joey jordison has also won numerous awards for Best Drumming, so u can't argue wit any1 who says dat joey is the best and fastest drummer in the world, coz dey wud win wink Um yes awards say everything youknow.. Beyonce she got tonnes of awards rightfor like best female vocals... yea.. no Christina Scabbia erm Joey is fast, hells yah, but he gets less creative. Next to Danny Carrey.. Joey is a prick erm

Ronny

-AC because Hes the only one they know off the top of their head. anyways Mtv says so

What about John Dolmayan He is le KICK ASS and Brad Wilk? they crucify Joey

Tptmanno1
I don't think Wilk ever let loose on the drums.
He has some really cool little things, but that just hints that he could be better...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by benjizriotgirl
Actually the fastest AND best drummer in the world is Joey Jordison, he has actually kept his record for fastest drumming for 15 years now, and no1 has broken it yet. Joey jordison has also won numerous awards for Best Drumming, so u can't argue wit any1 who says dat joey is the best and fastest drummer in the world, coz dey wud win wink

You just made that up didn't you. Let's be honest.

LiveAndLetDie
I don`t know who the BEST is, but my favorite is Matt Sorum. I`m not an expert in drumming, so I wouldn`t know

peejay88
It's a matter of preference and opinion but Max Weinberg is pretty good. The best drummer in the world is probably someone from a really crappy band who have a tiny fanbase and no publicity.

RagnaViper

-AC

Seriously. He's a fine drummer but there are so many that are better.

alcoholicpoet
Dave Grohl, and Ron Bushy.

Darthburgerking
John Bonham, the led zepplin drummer, not sure if I spelt his name correctly.

alic88
Mike Portnoy

dreambrother
evil face doods.. its fkn obvious that many of u havent heard enuf music in general.. i mean i love dave grohl and nirvana.. but BEST DRUMMER?? fk nawww id go with danny carrey from tool on best to listen to, and virgil donati from dream theatre on technical abilities.. fk yea cool

dreambrother
just had to say another bunch of fkn SICK drummers who a lot of u fellas mightnt no n shuld hear: vinnie paul from pantera.. fking insane on the kit.. lars ulrich for obvious reasons.. matt cameron from soundgarden and pearl jam.. personal fave and travis barker.. the one and only reason blink made it big cool

Victor Von Doom
Lars is good at his job, but he's out of his depth in this thread.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by dreambrother
evil face doods.. its fkn obvious that many of u havent heard enuf music in general.. i mean i love dave grohl and nirvana.. but BEST DRUMMER?? fk nawww id go with danny carrey from tool on best to listen to, and virgil donati from dream theatre on technical abilities.. fk yea cool Danny Carey w00tOriginally posted by Victor Von Doom
Lars is good at his job, but he's out of his depth in this thread. Lars is a big B*tch compared to danny carey, or terry bozzio, or neil pert....ect..

Kid Cheynno
How bout keith moon. or roger taylor

RagnaViper
Seriously though.

Neil Peart > All

metalmikey
Virgil Donati is not the drummer for Dream Theater..thats Mike Portnoy..im a drummer also..but in my opinion the best out are Niel pert..he is my personal god..Mike Portnoy Danny Carey Buddy Rich Terry Bozio and yes jordy jordison..he is really quick..alsp dave Lombardo from slayer...scot travis from judas priest ..just to name a few that i like..

Alpha Centauri
Joey Jordison is just fast. He's not worthy of mention in with those names.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
Joey Jordison is just fast. He's not worthy of mention in with those names.

-AC tru dat boi

Alpha Centauri
People seem to confuse this thread with "Name lots of drummers you really like."

-AC

RogerRamjet
good drummers are/were:

Keith Moon (The Who)
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Ginger Baker (Cream)
Mitch Mitchell (The Jimi Hendrix Experience)

Revernd Maynard
People seem to confuse this thread with "Name lots of drummers you really like."

-AC Originally posted by RogerRamjet
good drummers are/were:

Keith Moon (The Who)
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Ginger Baker (Cream)
Mitch Mitchell (The Jimi Hendrix Experience) point prooven

RaTm_PoD_89
i dont know many but i think joey aint that good .......why hasnt no1 said travis barker ...i know he isnt the best but hes pretty good tho

RaTm_PoD_89
Originally posted by dreambrother
just had to say another bunch of fkn SICK drummers who a lot of u fellas mightnt no n shuld hear: vinnie paul from pantera.. fking insane on the kit.. lars ulrich for obvious reasons.. matt cameron from soundgarden and pearl jam.. personal fave and travis barker.. the one and only reason blink made it big cool

there u go least someone mentioned him ...hes my fav and hes got loads of technical abilty

RaTm_PoD_89
and send me a message with the song name that makes u choose whoever u choose as the best drummer

Victor Von Doom
Listen to Ticks and Leeches (Danny Carey); or La Villa Strangiato (Neil Peart).

Karn Evil 9: First Impression Pt. 2 / Second Impression / Third Impression by ELP (Carl Palmer)- not that good of a song but possibly the most ridiculously crazy drum solo I've ever heard.

Or go here and check out the videos of Terry Bozzio on his spacestation drumkit. The greatest drummer ever in my opinion.

RagnaViper
Originally posted by RaTm_PoD_89
and send me a message with the song name that makes u choose whoever u choose as the best drummer

Song name?

The best drumming song I can think of is Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin.

aerofan1024
alright people its time to get down to the core and push all our "favorite" drummers to the side. For those of you who encouraged the nomination of true great drummers, instead of picking a personal favorite, i applaud you! Joey Jordison? No, not at all, fast maybe, but in no regards a great drummer...so everyoone please quit throwing his bullsh!t name on the thread, its a pain to my eyes. So, were lookin for the TRUE GREATEST DRUMMER IN THE WORLD..........OF COURSE, UNDOUBTABLE, INARGUABLY, ALEX VAN HALEN!!! Take a second to let in sink in, especially to all you Jordison frieks... and realize the raw skill alex posseses! Truly remarkable, seems almost as if he is endowed by God. Once again, Jordison does not hold the title as worlds fastest drummer, as a matter of fact, Alex does, he took it over from Buddy Rich a while back. Little trivia for ya. Anways so there ya have it, is alex my favorite? No, but he is one of my favorites and even though he isnt, I still respect him enough to realize and claim his as best, since he is. Dont believe me? listen to his music, watch his videos, and see for yourself.... Rock on ...

MetalHeart
Joey Jordison

Tptmanno1
God Damn, Someone listen to the last three Minuites of Deliverance...
I mean Danny Carey is insane, but 5/4 and 4/4 at the same time?

Cringe
TRAVIS BARKER!!!

Tptmanno1
no.

papabeard
Mitch Mitchell, John Bonham, Dave Grohl, Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa

ElectricBugaloo
Just listen to Spectrum by Billy Cobham, or any of his work with Mahavishnu Orchestra

Alpha Centauri
It's always really gonna come down to preference in this thread, but actual best to me, in terms of ability:

Terry Bozzio, Danny Carey, Carl Palmer, Billy Cobham, Vinnie Colaiuta.

-AC

papabeard
I think jazz drummers are the most skillfull and have the best technique.

Alpha Centauri
To add to the above list, I forgot Bill Bruford.

Terry Bozzio has amazing technique. He hardly moves his arms. It's all in the elbow down. Incredible, especially considering how hard he hits.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
To add to the above list, I forgot Bill Bruford.

Terry Bozzio has amazing technique. He hardly moves his arms. It's all in the elbow down. Incredible, especially considering how hard he hits.

-AC

It's actually wrist down.

Most drummers drum elbow down, you coffee-sipping simpleton. No-one uses an entire straight arm you MUG.

Alpha Centauri
Of course, Dino of Dredg fame used his whole arms like some nutter.

That's what I meant, wrist. Not elbow. Saturday Night Wrist. Although of course you'll try to claim I didn't mean that.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Although of course you'll try to claim I didn't mean that.

-AC

I believe you, I often have trouble with the difference between 'elbow', and 'wrist'.

Alpha Centauri
Was a textual parapraxi.

I meant lower arm, in this case really low. Wrist.

-AC

Phat J
I'm sure its already been said, but my favourite drummers dave grohl cuz hes like a jack of all trades and hes got some of my favourite drums beats of all time in nirvana.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Aha Centauri
Was a textual parapraxi.

I meant lower arm, in this case really low. Wrist.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Phat J
I'm sure its already been said, but my favourite drummers dave grohl cuz hes like a jack of all trades and hes got some of my favourite drums beats of all time in nirvana.

Well if we're judging on drum ability, why does it matter how good he is at anything else?

-AC

JenR1215
I dont really know that many Drumers but my favorites are:

Travis Barker, Stewart Copeland, and all the 4 in SlipKnot. JOEY!!

Victor Von Doom
There's only one drummer in Slipknot.

The others are percussionists, and there are only two.

el_barto
Keith Moon

Neil Pert

JenR1215
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
There's only one drummer in Slipknot.

The others are percussionists, and there are only two.

Yeah i couldnt leave them out.

rimshot rimshot band rimshot party22

mshadowsisagod
Victor Von Doom?? I am a drummer myself and yes joey jordisson is like the best..have u actually listened to the drumming he does..it is bloody amazing!! as a drummer i listen for the drumming so i listen to how he plays and it is absolutely awesome..buster..avenged sevenfold is my favourite band..if u havnt herd any of them u definitley hav to. the drummer in avenged sevenfold is a really great drummer too...the guitarists are amazing and the singer has one of the best voices ive herd..he has an amazing vocal range and sounds so great hence the name..m shadows is a god!!!

Otaku
Brann Dailor stick out tongue (Mastodon)

Well,he's not the best but he sure is a master on the skins thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by mshadowsisagod
Victor Von Doom?? I am a drummer myself and yes joey jordisson is like the best..have u actually listened to the drumming he does..it is bloody amazing!! as a drummer i listen for the drumming so i listen to how he plays and it is absolutely awesome..buster..avenged sevenfold is my favourite band..if u havnt herd any of them u definitley hav to. the drummer in avenged sevenfold is a really great drummer too...the guitarists are amazing and the singer has one of the best voices ive herd..he has an amazing vocal range and sounds so great hence the name..m shadows is a god!!!

Joey Jordison is nowhere close to being the best drummer ever. You liking him a lot won't make it so.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

He's a very good drummer, nowhere near the best though.

ElectricBugaloo
if we're talking multiple drummers, you gotta talk butthole surfers

even though they kinda sucked, but still. have to mention them

mshadowsisagod
AC i like joey jordisson but not that way..hes a great drummer..one of the best..if hes not then who do u think is??

Alpha Centauri
It doesn't matter who I think is, does it? If I name a drummer that you don't agree with, it doesn't change the fact that Joey Jordison is nowhere near one of the best drummers in the world.

-AC

mshadowsisagod
well y do u think hes not??..hes been given that name

Victor Von Doom
well y do u think hes not??..hes been given that name

He's not, because there are better drummers. It's not that hard to figure out.

knight
Mick Fleetwood (Fleetwood Mac)
Roger Taylor (Queen)
Bob Henrit (The Kinks)
Mick Avory (The Kinks)
Mark Brzezicki (Big Country)
Nick Manson (Pink Floyd)

Mmmm_FloorPie
This thread is hilarious! I love when people try to rate who is the best 'whatever' and they only listen to complete crap for music.

Ratings in magazines etc. don't mean $hit either! You have to listen to ALL types of music to decide for yourself (including the crap). But you can't let your personal opinion of the genre of music interfere too much (although it will to a certain degree). In any case, off the top of my head have a look at these drummers in no specific order:

*Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)
*Phil Collins (Genesis Days)
*Dennis Chambers (Parliament, Funkadelic, Scofield Band)
*Neil Peart (Rush)

These guys kick the crap out of the above listed in this thread not too mention others like (haha) Dave Ghrol... lmao. Give me a break.... Whoever here has named this guy has a music collection that starts in about 1992.

I mean common... Nick Mason (BTW, its Mason not Manson). I love this drummer and the band. Especially pre Dark-Side days. But he is in no way close to the same realm as the guys I've mentioned above on a technical scale.

HOWEVER, Geddy Lee of Rush may be one of the best technical vocalists out there, but personally he makes me cringe! Whereas Neil Young can barely hold a note, but his shakiness and heartfelt vocals are felt through and through and loved by many.

So, it's not always as easy as who is better. Who is faster maybe, who is technically more competent maybe. But who is better is not a fair question. However, in any competition I think the above mentioned drummer would fair ok!

Drum ya later! Floor_pie out!

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Mmmm_FloorPie
This thread is hilarious! I love when people try to rate who is the best 'whatever' and they only listen to complete crap for music.

Ratings in magazines etc. don't mean $hit either! You have to listen to ALL types of music to decide for yourself (including the crap). But you can't let your personal opinion of the genre of music interfere too much (although it will to a certain degree). In any case, off the top of my head have a look at these drummers in no specific order:

*Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)
*Phil Collins (Genesis Days)
*Dennis Chambers (Parliament, Funkadelic, Scofield Band)
*Neil Peart (Rush)

These guys kick the crap out of the above listed in this thread not too mention others like (haha) Dave Ghrol... lmao. Give me a break.... Whoever here has named this guy has a music collection that starts in about 1992.

I mean common... Nick Mason (BTW, its Mason not Manson). I love this drummer and the band. Especially pre Dark-Side days. But he is in no way close to the same realm as the guys I've mentioned above on a technical scale.

HOWEVER, Geddy Lee of Rush may be one of the best technical vocalists out there, but personally he makes me cringe! Whereas Neil Young can barely hold a note, but his shakiness and heartfelt vocals are felt through and through and loved by many.

So, it's not always as easy as who is better. Who is faster maybe, who is technically more competent maybe. But who is better is not a fair question. However, in any competition I think the above mentioned drummer would fair ok!

Drum ya later! Floor_pie out! i do indeed agree with most of that list, besides Phil Collins...i guess i was never really impressed with his playing. And any kind of Funk drummer is okay by me, and yes Niel Pert is a great influence on every drummer, also The drummer from Dave Matthews Band has always been a favorite of mine, with his crazy combinations of snare and high-hat....yet there is one you forgot, danny carey. In my opinion, he is a very great drummer. Better than Collins (oh man...i'm gonna git shit for that). i just hate Phil Collins after Genesis..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>