New Thunderbolts vrs. New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
I thought this would be an interesting match-up. Both teams are a fun read.

New Thunderbolts:
Blizzard
Atlas/Giant Man
Beetle/Mach IV
Speed Demon
Joystick
Swordman
Songbird
Captain Marvel(III)/Genis-Vell

New Avengers:
Spiderman
Wolverine
Spider-woman
Captain America
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Sentry?

8bitChris
Here is some info on the New Thunderbolts. They are all former villains trying to be good guys. Their powers are not as instantly recognizeable as the New Avengers so I thought i'd fill you guys in.

Blizzard = Poor man's Iceman
Atlas > Henry Pym's Giant Man. Same formula.
Mach IV = Poor man's Iron Man. It's like a jet suit that he wears.
Speed Demon = Poor man's Quicksilver

Joystick:
Powers/Abilities: Joystick apparently possesses superhuman strength (around Class 10), speed, and agility roughly equivalent to that of Spider-Man. She also wears metal devices on her wrists, each of which generates a "baton" of coherent energy, powered by strontium chips. These batons can be swung or hurled with great concussive force, sufficient to damage concrete. In addition, by striking the batons against one another, Joystick can project a powerful concussive force beam at a target, and possesses wires to hack into computers within her gauntlets.

Songbird:
Song Bird can create almost any solid structure out of sound. (e.g. force fields, benches, bats, use your imagination)

I forgot to add Radioactive Man the first time. But I might as well add him to the vs. battle. He's over 800 pounds can absorb radioactive energy. He can also create power blasts and explosions. The more radioactive energy he absorbs the stronger he gets.

Swordsman - He uses some adamantium coated swords very well. He's at peak human.

Genis-Vell uses the nega bands which give him super strength, cosmic awareness, interdimensional travel, and the ability to manipulate photon energy.

armandovalles
i disagree. I still would bet that Speed Demon is faster than Quicksilver.

Laminator_X
Speed Demon's a bit faster than QS used to be. Like most mutants, Pietro didn't escape the 90s without a major power boost.

Atlas is MUCH stronger and tougher than Pym. At normal size, he's a low-powered Wonderman duplicate (the treatment didn't quite take). THEN he starts growing...

I'll give it to the Avengers. Iron-Man and Spidey practically made a career out of beating these same guys in groups of two or three. Not a slam dunk though, Genis and Radioactive man are both VERY powerful.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Speed Demon's a bit faster than QS used to be. Like most mutants, Pietro didn't escape the 90s without a major power boost.

Hahahaha....so true

8bitChris
If Genis and Radioactive Man found a way to hang with the Sentry i'd think the New Thunderbolts would have the edge.

It would take both Atlas and Mach IV to get to Iron Man though.

Songbird can hold Wolverine at bay with a sound bubble or wall or something until someone else is free to take him out.

Blizzard could restrain Spider-women unless she gets to him first...

Ok nm, New Avengers are a lot tougher than I give them credit for. However, without the Sentry I say New Thunderbolts take it haha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.