the big issue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101

Deano
sorry about your cousin man
i buy it occasionly..i dont see what the problem is..plus it helps the homeless
some people would feel embarressed to buy it

Trickster
I buy it sometimes - I just don't read magazines.

jaden101
Originally posted by Deano
sorry about your cousin man
i buy it occasionly..i dont see what the problem is..plus it helps the homeless
some people would feel embarressed to buy it

cheers mate...

yeah..i dont know why people are embarrased about it

i know in some cities the vendors are supposedly quite aggressive in trying to sell it but in my experience the vendors in my town are all very appreciative about it...although when you buy a copy you tend to get a story about how little copies they've sold that day...

its a good read too...last issue had a bit about tori amos..usually good if limited music coverage though...

it covers alot of issues that the mainstream press doesn't...mental health issues and the like

Red Superfly
The vendors are so nice.

I think it's absolutely awful when the majority of people completely ignore them when asked.

Even if I don't want to buy one, I still say "not today thanks mate", and they say "thankyou" to me every time, just for acknowledging their existence.

They deserve an answer at the very very least. I'm so sick of this "keep your head down" mentality towards the homeless. At least look them in the eye and say "sorry".

They appreciate that. I wish people would just acknowledge them, especially when they are so polite.

People of this country bug the hell out of me. Ignorance perfectly sums up the cowardice and selfishness that is rife in modern Britain.

Sethcx
I buy one when ever I have the spare change, at the very least I always say no thanks or whatever.

Glasgow's homeless population is becoming excessive however, leading to the problem of too many big issue sellers. Most people on the street ignore all of them now, for the simple reason there are too many.

It begs the question, what else can be done to help people work their own way out of it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.