Mobb Deep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freaky Zeeky
Who has heard of them. They're the guys that made "Shook Ones" and "Quiet Storm"

Their older ablums were better.
yes

Freaky Zeeky
No one like Mobb Deep?

confused

koolruningz
I've only heard some of their stuff. I like Shook Ones and G.O.D.pt3. The general consensus seems to be that their old albums were better.

Freaky Zeeky
Shook ones was a hott song.

I noticed that no one made a Mobb Deep thread, so I made one.

hh?
they have released classic albums in the past, their new stuff is boring, and pathetic.

Cinemaddiction
I liked Mobb Deep back in 1994, then kind of grew out of 'em by the time I graduated HS.

Afro Cheese
Newest addition to G-Unit. Well not yet, but soon..

hh?
thats true^ same with M.O.P and Papoose

Deathblow
The Infamous is just legendary. Hell On Earth is pretty good too, but their other four albums range from mediocre to shitty. Oh yeah and Prodigy's solo album, that was pretty good.

The final straw was when they made a song with Lil Jon sad

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by hh?
thats true^ same with M.O.P and Papoose Papoose? Didn't hear about him. Oh well.. he's not that good anyway. Nice collab with Common, though

They already signed MOP, and they are about to (probably) sign Mobb Deep, Guerilla Black, Lil Scrappy, and Three 6 Mafia. None of which I care about besides Mobb Deep and MOP.
Originally posted by Deathblow
The Infamous is just legendary. Hell On Earth is pretty good too, but their other four albums range from mediocre to shitty. Oh yeah and Prodigy's solo album, that was pretty good.

The final straw was when they made a song with Lil Jon sad You didn't like Juvenile Hell?

Yeah, Ice Cube made a song with Lil Jon too. He shoulda left his discography alone and stuck to acting. sad

Though some of the movies he's in suck bigtime.

Deathblow
Not really no. It kinda pales in comparison to The Infamous. And as it was their first album, when I bought it I guess I was expecting something really special which it didn't have.

I don't even wanna talk about post-Lethal Injection Cube, it makes my eyes sting.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by hh?
thats true^ same with M.O.P and Papoose

Papoose! I guess no more songs like "Charades" will be made.
sad

hh?
Papoose sucks in my opinion.

Freaky Zeeky
Wasn't to bad

Did any one hear "Quiet Storm" by Mobb Deep. Not the remix.
no

jnr hiphop
The only song ive heard by them is Half Way Crooks.. The rapping was pretty good but the tune just got on my nerves..

Freaky Zeeky
confused

That song is called "Shook Ones".

hh?
laughing

overall: Mobb Deep went from something good, to something less than crap.

Freaky Zeeky
Yeah, the two songs they did with Alchemist and their new songs are not as good as their old joints.

Deathblow
Give Up The Goods is my favorite Mobb track. I challenge any gangsta rap disciple to listen to Prodigy and especially Noyd on that song and still say Biggie was the master of flow.

Afro Cheese
Biggie's flow is actually rather simple, consists of a lot of pauses and is relatively slow tempo.. his delivery is fun to listen to but it's far from a work of genius like people claim it is.

Deathblow
Yeah that's actually exactly what I've always thought.

Probably the best flow I've heard is Inspectah Deck's. He's not always consistent, but he's got this way with words and some of his verses just slip off the tongue so perfectly. His opening verse on Protect Ya Neck (the updated version on The W that is) is a sublime example. Well, it's between him Edan, and MF Doom.

Freaky Zeeky
Did anyone hear the song "H** Cakes (ant remix)" by MF Doom? Catchy beat.
yes

hh?
ummm is this the same Ketchuptome^ confused

came to your senses?

Freaky Zeeky
yes

Yes I did.

hh?
thumb up

Deathblow
Another successful conversion by the Super Villain cool

All hail the metal faced one notworthy

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by hh?
thumb up

big grin

So did any one hear the song "H** Cakes (ant remix)"?

hh?
Originally posted by Deathblow
Another successful conversion by the Super Villain cool

All hail the metal faced one notworthy

notworthynotworthynotworthy

hh?
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
big grin

So did any one hear the song "H** Cakes (ant remix)"?

yea i heard it a month or two ago. its pretty good.

Freaky Zeeky
It was on the cd "Mmm....Doom" right?

Freaky Zeeky
Any one herre?

hh?
the original Hoe Cakes was on the album, the remix was on the leftovers album i think

Freaky Zeeky
Oh, okay.

What album was Pop Shots on? I forgot the name of it. I know it starts with the letter O.

hh?
Osirus. i didn't really like that album. i prefer his album Return To The 36 Chambers.

Freaky Zeeky
I've heard of that one. Heard it was good, it has alot of collabes with Wu Tang.
smile

hh?
ODB is in Wu Tang. Wu Tang has 9 members plus the Wu Fam which is like over 100 people.

Freaky Zeeky
smile

Deathblow
Originally posted by hh?
ODB is in Wu Tang. Wu Tang has 9 members plus the Wu Fam which is like over 100 people.

Was sad

See Killah Priest, Shyheim, Gravediggaz and Cappadonna (or is he actually a fully-fledged Wu member? I've never been able to tell) for some sweet Wu Fam junk yes

Freaky Zeeky
With so many artists in Wu Tang, do they have alot of mixtapes?
confused

hh?
i dunno.

Wu Tang (the 9 and ODB r.i.p sad ) have alot of solo and some group albums out.

The Wu Fam (the rest of 100 members) have alot of stuff out too. Killah Priest, Warcloud (one of my fav mc's), Shyheim, Gravediggaz, and so on.

Freaky Zeeky
Okay

hh?
did you guyz like the album Wu Tang- Wu Tang Forever

Freaky Zeeky
sad
Never heard of it.

hh?
check that out.

sucks that ODB died, he brought the most energy in the Wu.

Freaky Zeeky
okay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.