which was larger for its time. REAPER or STAIRWAY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Which song was more popular dont fear the reaper or stairway to heaven? I know stairway pretty much cemented led zeppelin, but dont fear the reaper tricked many people into believeing that BOC was a good band.

SlipknoT
Over All I like Zeppelin more than BOC but SWTH is too over Played, Reaper for me.

ragesRemorse
yeah, boc isnt even in the same musical league as zeppelin. your bound to hear stairway atleast twice a day on the radio, but which was more popular at the release.

SlipknoT
Oh, Stairway.

Cinemaddiction
I think BOC was way, way overhyped, while bands like Steppenwolf had really solid songs/albums that got lost in the hoopla.

tabby999
dont want to sound stupid (the catch cry of someone about to sound stupid) but who is BOC?

StinkFist462
Blue Oyster Cult.
i like both songs, but answer this question , what song sounds better backwards stick out tongue. have to go with Stairway on that one big grin

Deathblow
STH I'd say.

Not that it matters, both of them are overrated, overhyped, overplayed and corny as hell. Difference between them is that one (STH) was made by a band who did a lot better, and the other was made by just a generally very shitty and overestimated band.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Oh, Stairway.

dude, i get the feeling that your trying to impress me. If so, it worked, never talk against the LED.

Afro Cheese
I find Stairway To Heaven to be boring as hell. It also seems to be LZ's biggest song for some reason. I don't know how popular it was when it was released, cause I wasn't born till the late 80's.

tabby999
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
dude, i get the feeling that your trying to impress me. If so, it worked, never talk against the LED.

i dont think slipknot has ever done anything without his tounge firmly in place in cheek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.