why is *** censored

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Why is the word *** censored? Sense when has *** been a swear word. I thought it was like damn. I know some may think of it as duragatory, but, *** is the key word to use in minor insults. I move that *** should be allowed to be read. Jesus christ can be friendly or rude, depending on context, same with ***.

Clovie
three stars? huh

Imaginary
Um, f a g?

IceWithin
lol

IceWithin
Originally posted by Imaginary
Um, f a g?
there's no way to make f.ag sound friendly messed

ragesRemorse
yeah ***, why is *** censored?

Clovie
i don't even know what does it mean messed

Storm
Because it is an offensive term and the context in which it has been used before was exactly where members aimed at, namely to offend.

IceWithin
so it is fa.g?

IceWithin
and plus it's a way of insulting homosexuals... it's rather obvious why is censored... Im surprised you didnt figured it by yourself erm

ragesRemorse
what? that isnt even what *** means. Are you telling me this is how people relate to the word ***, as insulting homo's? dammit, no wonder that homo got pissed at me when i asked him for a ***. confused

Clovie
WHAT DOES F.A.G. mean??????????????

Ou Be Low hoo
I'm an avid bird-watcher and I am constantly disappointed by my inability to express my admiration for the common blue-***. Such a shame...Censorship shall forever be the bane of my life.

IceWithin
well if you'd just tell us what those three little star mean...

Ou Be Low hoo
The f-a-g word can also be attributed to the British colloquial term for a cancer-causing cigarette. The Americans of the world forever find amusement in the British term 'Can I bum a f-a-g?' meaning 'Can I have a cigarette?'. Ha.

Storm
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what? that isnt even what *** means. Are you telling me this is how people relate to the word ***, as insulting homo's? dammit, no wonder that homo got pissed at me when i asked him for a ***. confused
***/****** is an offensive term for a homosexual man.

Clovie
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
The f-a-g word can also be attributed to the British colloquial term for a cancer-causing cigarette. The Americans of the world forever find amusement in the British term 'Can I bum a f-a-g?' meaning 'Can I have a cigarette?'. Ha. Originally posted by Storm
***/****** is an offensive term for a homosexual man.

thank you.

Storm
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If from the beginning *** was hidden under those stars then I cannot believe this from a 21-year old.

Imaginary
Well *** can also be slang for cigarette erm

Storm
We are all aware of that. The word *** is at least just as known or even more known in the meaning of insulting homosexuals than in the meaning of cigarette.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
The f-a-g word can also be attributed to the British colloquial term for a cancer-causing cigarette. The Americans of the world forever find amusement in the British term 'Can I bum a f-a-g?' meaning 'Can I have a cigarette?'. Ha.

You know what, now that i think about it, that *** that got pissed of that i asked for a *** was english.

IceWithin
jesus christ, is the word youre talking aout f.ag or not?

ragesRemorse
yeah, seems the joke ran thin real quick .

IceWithin
lol you think?

Blue Dragon
*** is something you smoke...then again on the music video Holiday (Green Day) it goes quiet when Billie Joe says ****...I was confused..I asked my mum why did it do that when he says ***?

Blue Dragon
I typed it in...it shows as 3 *'s...what if someone wants to say it because they smoke?

Wickerman
Sounds extremely silly IMO. So f.ag is censored but gay isn't? Wow....

~wickerman~

BakaXero
if you add an "s" its ok?

Blue Dragon
blink
I will smoke some **** now...
Did it work? blink

TheOne
f a g is like to tell some one there gay

TheOne
faggit

cindy8219
thats a derogatory word.

eggmayo
*** can be gay guy or cigarette, and according to www.godhatesfags.com, anything easilly flammable. (Nope. Me neither)

Storm
Originally posted by Wickerman
Sounds extremely silly IMO. So f.ag is censored but gay isn't? Wow....

~wickerman~
****** has historically been one of the most offensive terms that could be addressed to an American male, but the more casual use of the word in recent years has robbed it of some of its force. In recent years it has come to be used by gay men in a defiant or self-mocking way, rather as African Americans have taken to using the word ****** (as you can see, censored as well). When used as a pejorative, it is still a powerful term of abuse.

The word gay is now standard in its use to refer to homosexuals, in large part because it is the term that most gay people prefer in referring to themselves. Gay is distinguished from homosexual primarily by the emphasis it places on the cultural and social aspects of homosexuality as opposed to sexual practice. Like the other names of social groups derived from adjectives (for example, black), gay may be regarded as offensive when used as a noun to refer to particular individuals, as in "There were two gays on the panel."; here phrasing such as gay members should be used instead. But there is no objection to the use of the noun in the plural to refer collectively to gay men.

§P0oONY
F.a.g means many things....

Act as a servant for older boys, in British public schools,
Offensive term for an openly homosexual man,
English word for a cigarette

or even

"The term f.a.g derives from the word "flag" (as in: "His strength was flagging."wink. "Flag" appeared in the 16th century and was apparently a variant of the Middle English word flacken. Flacken meant "to flutter", and was influenced by the Old French word flaquir. Flaquir meant "to be flaccid." "

Big Evil
When I want to insult gay people (Which is very unusual because homosexuals, atleast the men are some of the nicest people in general i've ever met..) I don't say something stupid and abused like f-ag, i say something original and witty. Like butt-pirate..

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by Imaginary
Um, f a g?
lmaoo why did they block that...... is it offensive-i never thought it was... confused

Blue Dragon
Gay? Didn't know it ment that... blink

Holiday goes - Kill all the **** that don't agree!

eggmayo
Originally posted by eggmayo
*** can be gay guy or cigarette, and according to www.godhatesfags.com anything easilly flammable. (Nope. Me neither)
Try the link in the quote instead erm

§P0oONY
Mr. Garrison: Well, they can't use "f*g." Because you can't say "f*g" unless you're a homosexual.
Randy: Really? So we can't say (beep)?
Mr. Garrison: No. See, you got beeped.
Man 7: You mean you have to be a (beep) to say (beep)?
Mr. Garrison: That's right.
Jimbo: Hell, that's not fair! I should be able to say f*g.
Randy: ...Hey, you didn't get beeped.
Jimbo: Uh oh.
Mr. Garrison: Well well well! Guess we learned something new about you, Jimbo, you freakin' f*g! You wanna make out or something?"

Mr. Garrison: And so, children, instead of saying "Hand in your papers," I may now say "Hand in your shit." Any questions?
Filmore: What about, "I have to take a shit"?
Mr. Garrison: NO! NO, Filmore! You can say "I have to poop and shit," or "Oh, shit, I have to poop," but NOT "I have to shit." Are we all clear?
Kindergartners: No.
Mr. Garrison: Look, it's all about context. Well, for example, recently, I have come out and admitted that I was a homosexual. I'm gay. That means that now I can say the word, "f*g." On television they usually don't allow "f*g." But because I'm gay, it's alright. And with the new approval of the word, "shit," that means that finally I am free to say,
Hey, there, shitty shitty f*g f*g,
Shitty shitty f*g f*g, how do you do?
Hey, there, shitty shitty f*g f*g,
Shitty shitty f*g f*g, how do you do?
~pleased~ Oh this is great!

Man 6: ~bumps into Garrison~ Oh, shit, 'scuse me. ~walks away~
Mr. Garrison: Hey, watch it, f*g.
Man 6: ~stops and backs up~ What did you call me?
Mr. Garrison: I called you a f*g. Because I'm gay, and that means I'm free to use the word "f*g." So piss off, you f*g-shitter! ~laughs and walks away~

You can learn everything you need to about the word f*g from South Park episode 502 "It hits the fan"

eggmayo
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Gay? Didn't know it ment that... blink

Holiday goes - Kill all the **** that don't agree!
See, that Billie Joe Armstrong is not a very politically correct ***** is he?

carnival_junkie
Originally posted by IceWithin
there's no way to make f.ag sound friendly messed
UNLESS. you're referring to a cigarette...
but even then. it sounds dirty.

"i'm gunna have a f a g."

You see.
Dirty.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by eggmayo
See, that Billie Joe Armstrong is not a very politically correct ***** is he?
? blink ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.