KOTOR 3 Idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithLord_Revan
My first thought would be on the character screen. You should be able to pick Who you want to become in like a split screen One being Revan the other the Exile. Now this would be cool. You could have a storyline that could intersect each other towards the end. And what would be cool is to have Revan back in his mask, and robe.

Exile - The game starts off somewhere in the Outer Rim. Your character if you choose the Exile would be flying the Ebon Hawk. You catch up with Bastila's star fighters who are trying to find the unknown location of Revan. You're first action in gameplay would be shooting your way through some of the fighters as they come towards you in the Ebon Hawk. After you make it through Bastila was is in the Star Forge could say "What was that ship doing out here. It should have been destoried....It can't be ..The Ebon Hawk. Lt. follow the Ebon Hawk. We may have the location of our lord." Meanwhile Revan is in a intense battle with strange beast. All of a sudden The Ebon Hawk comes out of no where. Fires lasers like crazy. Revan looks up, and leaps out of the way destorying all of the beast. The Ebon Hawk turns around, and lands. Revan could have his mask and robe. Revan looks at the Ebon Hawk hidden from view of the exile, and see's the Exile exiting the ship. Then Raven whips his cape around so the screen goes black as you view it. And walks off on his own mission. Bastila would lead on a sith ship giving a troop of Sith commands. Being a general in a sense.

Revan - In the begin as Raven you fight off the beast. You know the rest. But right after the Ebon Hawk lands, and he does that whip of the cape. You can take control of Revan again. In his own mission. Not caring about the Exile. Until later on. As he is still searching for this new treat which destories the sith if you go lightside. And it would begin Episode 1 all in perfect fitting Storyline. Sith thought to be gone from this treat.

What do you think? You choose the looks of the Exile but can have Revan if you want can wear his mask. Upload all the things you had in the other two games.

SithLord_Revan
Plus i don't know if i added but it would give you also alot more parties. Both Revan, and the exile wouldn't have the same parties. So, there would be more then just nine. It could give you a switch party option.

kid-adi-mundi
and make ramdom guys join your party

DarthMandalore
those are good idea!

Jedi Styles
Sounds interesting, but it's getting old and tired.

Kotor needs to be revamped in a different way, and the gameplay should be different (meaning how you control the character's actions) if its for console than I would say Jade Empire like controls... If for PC, i guess it can be kept the same..

However your idea is good, but it seems repetative... Revan, Ebon Hawk, Star Forge... Something new has to be done...

Emperor Revan
I like Fishy's idea in that the Death of the Force (Exile) fights The Heart of the Force (Revan and your character) to the death to preserve or destroy the Force. Revan would win of course and then he would finish off the ancient Sith empire, head back to the galaxy and either conquer significant planets one by one or save them one by one.

kid-adi-mundi
what if the ebon hark is destroyed and you need a a new ship a starfighter an ascape pod the harbenjer anything

Human Vader
IMO the exile is no longer a wound in the force. after he defeats nihilus he gets his jedi powers back. this would also mean that he wouldnt have to rely on kreia for force powers because otherwise, he probably would have died when she did. i like the idea of using a new character, who is sent by the newly formed jedi order, made up of the exiles and revans companions, to find revan and the exile and help them defeat the ASE. revan and the exile would both be members of your party eventually as you fought the sith.

darth-yoda
in kotor 3 i would like it if at the start of the game you made a choice to be trained by revan (darkside) or the exile (ligthside) for instance your in a house on your homeplanet and revan first and then the exile vist you as a young boy/girl which u will choose what gender race face and basic clothes u have before u start the story then once u have chosen u leave your family and go and train in the ways of the force once you get to the acadamy you begin your training as you play the game and age u get more skills to chose from then when your reach about the age of 15 you be come the apprentice of revan the dark lord of the sith or the exile a renound jedi master as the story progresses you meet all the characters from the previouse games and some new ones you get to recruit them all the story can end in seven possible ways following revan and becoming the new dark lord of the sith (revan darkside) folowing revan and turning him back towards the lights side and joining the exile(revan lightside) following reavan and turning to the lightside killing revan (revan neutral) following the exile and becoming the new jedi acadamy leader (exile lightside) the exile and turing to the darkside killing the exile (darkside exile) and following the exile turning him toward the darkside and joining revan to become the 3 sith lords and the last one killing revan and the exile stoping war and returning peace to the galaxy

so people please tell me what u think

Human Vader
revan is not dark side people!

it is stated by lucasarts that revan and the exile both followed the path of the light during KOTOR, regardless of your choices

DarthMandalore
pft. i don't see it in revan's nature to be LS, but if lucasarts says so...

darth-yoda
ere and when did lucas arts say that revan was LS i cant see revan being LS

HimoKun
Originally posted by Human Vader

it is stated by lucasarts that revan and the exile both followed the path of the light during KOTOR, regardless of your choices

If you saw the Hologram of Bastila in KOTOR 2, then you'll see that Revan went back to the Dark Side after he got all his memories back.

Jedi Styles
Why not a whole new story that doesn't envolve wounds in the force, or revan or malak... SOmething new to revive this stale format.

darth-yoda
what do people think of my kotor 3 idea i would like to no

Julie
I like the way KOTOR I and II look but I agree that some screen changes would be nice just for the sake of change...the slowness stuff ought to be dealt with too...other than that, those would be good story ideas...I doubt that owuld happen but double game would be awesome

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Human Vader

I would like a link to the LUCASARTS site that says this. Because on the official KOTOR 2 website (lucasarts no less) in the chronicles it says: Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Revan... and it is clearly saying this AFTER he killed Malak. So unless you have a good link not just wikipedia then I believe the official side is Dark Side.

darth-yoda
im goin with the revan is dark side story i like it much better and it also fits better

Emperor Revan
I agree.

darth-yoda
has anyone noticed there are about thre kotor thread i might start one then will people stop making them please i seem to post the same message 3 times and ill probly do the same with this

AspiringJedi
Ok first and foremost the idea of having multiple parties is absolute idiocy. I say this cause alot of people will ***** about the idea of switching back and forth between 18 ppl and who knows how many worlds. Secondly the sheer amount of work put into this would take at least 3 years due to the vast amount of information and the newly proposed graphics engine which alone takes a year to develop PROPERLY!!! On previous forms i have seen for KOTOR 2 they were bitching about how long its taken for it to come out then it comes out and the next week they complain and complain about the storyline and lockups and blah blah blah blah. More saber colors is ludicrious... someone suggested black as a "color". It's not a color its %($@ing darkness.

Here are my proposals for KOTOR 3:

1. Each different form does a different style of lightsaber attack.
2. Better balance in distribution of feats, skills, powers, etc.
3. Graphics are amazing but the lockups were getting a little ridiculous.
4. Kameo appearances
5. Different characters
6. Better force powers for light side
7. Add more intense threats rather then go away or we'll space u. OOOOO IM SCARED!?!?!?!
8. Voice dialogue from the Main Character!!!!!
9. In KOTOR 2 there were so many video interruptions... have 1 big one rather then 50 million tiny ones that show the same thing!!!!
10. Get BioWare to do 3... they were so damn good.
11. Get the Wookies back
12. More indepth into the star wars universe
13. More then 2 "Jedi" survived the attacks by the Sith
14. More then just sparks go flying when you get hit...
15. Coruscant and its sister planets aka the planet Han Solo was born on
16. Alderaan
17. NO MORE TATOOINE
18. Manaan was actually quite good in the first and i was hopin to see it again.
19. Use of vehicles in gameplay
20. Add another ship for the main character
21. HK-47 STAYS
22. At the very beginning of the game i hope it would have like a timeline of what happened from the Great Hyperspace War to the present time

more to come....

Darth_Glentract
I think you should have levels within each form. Like, you dont learn the whole form at once, the more you use ut, the better you get with it.

Darth Pish
Did you even play KOTOR 2 or do u no anthing about star wars your post makes no sense at all i'll ad some thing beneth lines were you didnt make since ( * will be in front of it)
Originally posted by AspiringJedi
Ok first and foremost the idea of having multiple parties is absolute idiocy. I say this cause alot of people will ***** about the idea of switching back and forth between 18 ppl and who knows how many worlds. Secondly the sheer amount of work put into this would take at least 3 years due to the vast amount of information and the newly proposed graphics engine which alone takes a year to develop PROPERLY!!! On previous forms i have seen for KOTOR 2 they were bitching about how long its taken for it to come out then it comes out and the next week they complain and complain about the storyline and lockups and blah blah blah blah. More saber colors is ludicrious... someone suggested black as a "color". It's not a color its %($@ing darkness.

Here are my proposals for KOTOR 3:

1. Each different form does a different style of lightsaber attack.
2. Better balance in distribution of feats, skills, powers, etc.
3. Graphics are amazing but the lockups were getting a little ridiculous.
4. Kameo appearances
5. Different characters
6. Better force powers for light side
7. Add more intense threats rather then go away or we'll space u. OOOOO IM SCARED!?!?!?!
8. Voice dialogue from the Main Character!!!!!
9. In KOTOR 2 there were so many video interruptions... have 1 big one rather then 50 million tiny ones that show the same thing!!!!
10. Get BioWare to do 3... they were so damn good.
11. Get the Wookies back
*Hanhar was a Wookie
12. More indepth into the star wars universe
*Kriea dose this in conversations
13. More then 2 "Jedi" survived the attacks by the Sith
* Exile, Vrook, Atris, Zeik Ai EL (spelling),Kavar, Atton, Handmadin, Dicsiple, Bao-Dur, Mira
14. More then just sparks go flying when you get hit...
15. Coruscant and its sister planets aka the planet Han Solo was born on
* Han Solo was born on Corilea (excuse spelling) wich is in a different system than Coruscant
16. Alderaan
17. NO MORE TATOOINE
* Tat wasnt in KOTOR 2
18. Manaan was actually quite good in the first and i was hopin to see it again.
19. Use of vehicles in gameplay
*Swoop Racing
20. Add another ship for the main character
21. HK-47 STAYS
*HK-47 was in kotor 2 if you rebuilt him u could get him on your 2nd planet
22. At the very beginning of the game i hope it would have like a timeline of what happened from the Great Hyperspace War to the present time
* Galactic History Bounes mission ( only from JCW to present though)
** Kriea Explians History on Koriban and Onderon

more to come....

Djnannadaddy
Well KOTOR 3 needs:

1. a new main character
2. get rid of dantooine & korriban(been around long enough)
3. adjustable hoods, & lightsaber handles
4. ability to put ur lightsaber away under robe, rather than un-equip it
5. add coruscant, & sum planets that ur future companions r from
6. a new ship
7. ability to become a bounty hunter
8. be able to train a padawan
9. be able to start a jedi council, & recruit "force sensitives" to join the council
10. ability to cut body parts off with lightsabers or melee weapons

I agree with aspiring on

1. main character needs a voice
- if HK-47 stays then perhaps they will put in what was taken from KOTOR 2, be able to track the signal to the assassin droids factory(then be able to change their programming to leave u alone or follow ur commands, or destroy them)

- maybe u can be able to have 1-on-1 duels, with ur enemies( & instead of the game ending if u lose the fight, u survive, but instead get like anakin & luke.....body parts replaced by robot part, & the more parts u r robot, then u either become more dark side, or start to lose ur force abilities

Darth_Glentract
Anyone like my idea of taking time to develop each lightsaber form and that the more you learn of each form, the better you get at it. Maybe you could get experince for each form when you win a fight. Goes up to level ten or something and then you have mastered it. Maybe each level brings different things at that level. Like form 3 gives defence bonuses and form 5 gives more strenght. Also not be able to learn every form, three or so max.

General Zodiac
Djnannadaddy I like what you said. And have Revan as the last boss.

Darth Teeron
Just a question... How is KOTOR3 Going to end right where EP1 Begins when KOTOR happened like 5,000 Years before the Galactic Empire was Created?

Shirotakahashi
-First off I like all your ideas, anything different would be good!

I would just like to state my ideas even though some of them are sort of far fetched in the fact that they would take a many of years to make like 5...

Well first off I would definetly like a grand new engine, and I mean GRAND! I am talking like having great physics comparable to that of Half Life 2 and Halo, so for example when your push someone with your force push they going flying into somecrates and the crates react the way they should. Also a good engine would be great for having alot of sprites on the screen at the same time, so that while the main character is say dueling with a sith there is also at the same time some epic battle going on in the background like the battle on kashyyk from Episode 3, or the battle of Courrosant...(I can't spell). laughing sick Then there is the graphics. obviously everyone wants something like that of doom3 graphics or (again) Half Life 2 (or at least as good as) that would be fantastic!
Now there is the problem with the story. Personally I think they should just drop the Revan and The Last Jedi thing and start from scratch, and only mention Revan and the Lat Jedi. I thought Sith Lords was more of a pathetic expansion and not a sequel. Pathetic because of all the glitches, and because it was made to make more money...I think. I honestly have no good story ideas... I leave that up to you guys!

Miscellaneous...(still can't spell...maybe that's right, w/e) I would also like to see all the worlds reamp in MONDO style... like we see in them movies, and see hundreds of people walking and dozens of ships flying overhead.
-That was my only issue with the previous Kotors that like the most amount of sprites you could on the screen was like 12 without the frames starting to drop, please reply if you agree. Also I know this is kind of a rip off, but would be really neat that if you could kill anyone you see to gain dark side points easily, but you have some sort of galatic police force on you ass for killing so many people...GTA3... I know, but hey it's cool! Then you could also save people in the world to gain light side points, but this would atract bounty hunters hired from evil forces...
All of this would give you the ability to be evil or good in a giffe...

Then I agree with the fact that we need man character vocals and better character face selection... at least have better hair styles...

I also agree that we need better light force powers and that the more you use them the stronger that power gets... so if I use my force lightning alot it will be really strong and gain levels somewhere around 20+ max for levels of powers. I would also like more control of my powers. If i grab a sith with my force grab or w/e I would like to move him where I want him to go, or grab other objects and propel them at the enemy. Same depth for the other powers, and I would like to see you become an apprentice and learn the powers from a master not out of thin air... So you can become apprentice of w/e master and learn what he knows. Naturally a light master would be first then you could fall to dark side and learn force lightning, but still having the ability to be saved and KEEP your dark power this just makes more sense and is still not punishing, I mean what Jedi did you see in the movies that learned force lightning from a Jedi master...

Then there is the lightsaber duels... they could be so so SO SO SOOO much cooler! I mean come on when you fight a sith you both always stay in the same position and the chorography is not good when you keep hitting the other character and all they do is... i geuss bleed a few sparks...gay... It should like an endurance thing as in the longer the fight lasts the more your endurance wears. This would alow great chorography like from the movies and superrealistic fights, till finally you can't block anymore. THEN you get your ARM CUT OFF!!!...or your head eek!
This would be more real, and require you get robotic body parts...if you survive... so eventually you could become a LORD VADER!!! If you wanted to, because as we know you can always restart... again this just makes sense and is not punishing. Also in the fights there needs to be movement MOVMENT!!! DAMMIT!!!... mad would it not be cooler to see a jedi and a sith moving and jumping around in their badass way?
Then also just add neat little things... like maybe the sith kicks your lightsaber out of hand, but you use your force powers to retrieve it then your suprise him, and cut his F*&^ing head off. laughing Please reply if your agree.

I would also like to have some Ship Flying! I would to be able to purchase or steal... (depending on your path) a NEW SHIP that you can customize. Then you could fly your ship around the planets... or if that bores you you can just buy a precustomized ship and use instant lightspeed to fly around! This could possibly allow great space fights like from the begining of episode 3. Happy Dance then you could board enemy ships to fight! This also sparks the idea of having a duel on top of a flying ship while it's in a battle with other ships IMAGINE" the wind blowing, the ship doing crazy stunts, and being shot at whist you are dueling with a sith, or jedi." cool

Well thats about the extent of my ideas... obviously I have been thinking alot... embarrasment Thank You for enduring my extremly long message AND I WOULD LOVE SOME REPLYS positive or negative PLZ!!! Happy Dance

Message: Not every morally good decision is the right decision, and not every morally bad decision is the wrong decision.

Azrael23
Ideas for KOTOR3

1. Able to use other species as main characters, other than humans.

Zabrak-durable in combat
Cathar-rage enhanced strength
Nautolan-can breath underwater
Miraluka-enhanced force capabilities
Togruta-balanced

2. Able to use other lightsaber forms of combat and stances,maneuvers
and enhanced saber battles battles. Able to make unique hilts.

Ataru
Shii-Cho
Makashi
Soresu
Sokan
Shien
Jung
Sai
Shun

3. Customization of main Character

Able to alter hair length
Tattoos/Body Markings
Body Paint
Can have cybernetic features and limbs, enhancing speed & strength
Any Combination of Robes and Armor/in any color

4. Infiltration and Stealth tactics. And assasinations missions (for Sith)

5. Able to train a whole group of Jedi,Sith and Bounty Hunters. Able to discard members of group and attain others.

6. Can Visit a variety of planets, but only a selected few are paramount to the games plot. On other planets you can find more lightsaber fixtures, allies and other side quest.

7. If you are a Sith you can select a title of Darth ?......that the game provides and you will be known as such and called that, or you can keep the selected name you created in the begining.

Plot/Details

KOTOR3 should place alot more emphasis on your destiny and revenge . In the begining you choose your adult look and the game starts you off as a very powerful force sensitive child with the Sith and Jedi trying to seek you out to train you. This is many years after the events in the first 2 games.

Eventually a Sith and a Jedi both finds you, so then you will have a choice as to be trained by either one, yet that still doesn't mean that you will remain a Jedi or Sith by the games conclusion.

If you choose the Sith then you are trained as one and you gradually began to grow-up and then to become an apprentice you have a final mission before the complete story starts to unfold. A variety of missions include assasinating Sith enemies such as Jedi and political leaders and eventually you can continue to serve your master and his purpose or you can kill him and become the new master, having your own apprentices and starting a new campaign of terror against the Republic and Jedi.

If you become a Jedi, then you are trained first as a youngling, then padawan, Knight and eventually Master. While stopping the sith threat while investigating the murders of your parents.

Another unique thing they could do is make it so that you are able to infiltrate the ranks of the Sith or Jedi to learn their plans, and that to be completely successful you have to be very manipulating.

There are plenty of things that they could do with KOTOR3.

Shirotakahashi
You're absolutley right I would love see any number of those things, but the question is will they do things? In my opinion since I hear Obsidian is doing kotor 3 (I sincerley hope not) they probably wont. As in the Sith Lords there really was no huge upgrade... But I am trying to stay hopeful as I... hope we all are. Happy Dance

General Zodiac
He's one. KOTOR 3.
1.) Same as what Azrael23 said.
2.) Able to select what you want to be.
Jedi/Sith
Bounty Hunter
Soldier
Pilot
Instead of always becoming a Jedi/Sith.
Everything else I agree with Azrael23.

Admiral Akbar
kotor 3 should have a young yoda.

Admiral Akbar
really young

Shirotakahashi
Isn't kinda funny thought that no one really wants to be a pilot or bounty... well not really they suck... So I say in the next Kotor they need to make those types of characters stronger even if it doesn't go with the mythos or at least let them have their own story... I would love to be a Han Solo like character with a wookie at my side and a hot princes as my bi*&^ Happy Dance

Darth_Glentract
anyone like the idea of having to level up your forms and you maybe are only able to learn maybe three or so by the end of the game.

Shirotakahashi
Dude like I said I like your ideas I can see the form thing really working out that would be badass It would be fantastic for strategy having learned a few forms. To aniihilate a few sith then own a buch of droids. I thought it was lame that you just learned the forms and bull that u mastered so many of them in kotor 2 and that was it... The possibility of levels makes good sense and its now on my wish list for things i want in Kotor 3 thanks for thinking of it! It adds good depth to the game.
smile

Azrael23
Originally posted by Shirotakahashi
Isn't kinda funny thought that no one really wants to be a pilot or bounty... well not really they suck... So I say in the next Kotor they need to make those types of characters stronger even if it doesn't go with the mythos or at least let them have their own story... I would love to be a Han Solo like character with a wookie at my side and a hot princes as my bi*&^ Happy Dance

Actually Shirotakahashi, that would also be a welcomed bonus, to be a
bounty-hunter or a pilot that is able to use the force. So even though you would technically be a Jedi or Sith, you can also choose to have a job as a bounty-hunter and earn that reputation. and the more you use a certain method is what you will be know as.........

Force Violence and Manipulation-Sith

Force Do-gooder-Jedi

Aggressive hunter-Bounty Hunter

Rather than follow a set story where you have choices and 2 alternative endings. The idea of having a total of 20 characters that can be allies, you can help them solve their backstories and then discard them and move to the next person. The ending can also be different depending on who is in your group. And if you have a ship full of Sith, then prepare to be challenged by them to keep your position as leader.

The story is just what you make it, therefore there can be over 8 or more different endings, such as

3 Jedi endings

3 Sith endings

2 Bounty-hunter endings

1 Smuggler endings

1 Ending comprised of everything

KOTOR3 Can be a mixture of Splinter Cell, Fable, Shenmue and KOTOR
the whole story can be on 2-3 disc.

But I doubt that we would ever get a game that diverse, if it ever happened it would have alot of replay value and be a hit, whoever makes the third installment should consider alot of new alternatives that the fans would love.

Shirotakahashi
Yea that sounds pretty cool, but like you said its doubtful as is everything in this entire thread, but hell we can dream can't we!
I really like the idea of having the party members you want! reminds me of Final fantasy I, it would be great because some of the characters in the Kotors were lame, and it could be good strategy material as well if they made it where each has there own special abilitys.

Sounds like a plan.

gathering

Darth Awesome
Those are all brillant ideas, but everyone missed one great idea.

Cooperative play

Sincerly,
Darth Awesome Happy Dance

Darth Awesome
poop rock bunny zorro

Darth Awesome
In nagasaki, They like bukake, in nagasaki they go funky for your love Happy Dance smokin' laughing

Shirotakahashi
What does that mean...

Yea I like cooperative game play but tell how you think it should work, I mean that is kinda like there being multiplayer... I mean most co-ops are about15 hours or less just to keep short so friends don't have to live with each other to long or so you can keep playing with the same person on-line before one or the other get disinterested.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.