(ROTJ) Luke VS Darth Maul (EP 1)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black batman
Who Wins?

Gryn Jabar
Maul goes ape shit and tears luke apart.

Bobafetty
This isn't even fair. Maul gets owned so easily it's not even funny.

Gryn Jabar
No, he doesn't. Give reasons.

TraptUnderIce
Luke got lucky and got Vader and the Emperor off guard. Maul may be cocky but he isn't an idiot and would crush him quite quickly. I also don't think early Luke could handle the double blades.

Darth_Glentract
You think that Maul is smarter than the Emperor? wtf. I thinl Luke wins.

Gryn Jabar
Maul isn't that smart, but he makes it for it in viciousness, a type that Luke hasn't encountered.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
You think that Maul is smarter than the Emperor? wtf. I thinl Luke wins. I agree

TraptUnderIce
Jabar has got it. Viciousness and double bladed gives it to Maul.

That whole time the Emperor's judgement was clouded because he wanted Luke as an apprentice and it backfired on him. Maul wouldn't allow his judgement to be clouded. He would go in attack Luke and just break him.

Fishy
Maul...

Luke was far from ready to face somebody thats constantly attacking, he couldn't handle the double bladed lightsabers either. To little experience. Maul would have owned his ass

Kun-ni Habeo
i agree Maul

Emperor Revan
Well, Luke whooped Vader's ass but Maul's really good too... In the end I would give it to Maul, I doubt Luke could've even gotten close to defeating those two Jedi at once.

seaapple
Luke wins.

All Maul does is jump in the air, do a few flips, twirl his sword, and get beat down.

I was very disappointed in that underdeveloped character.

TraptUnderIce
WTF did you guys notice the fight between Vader and Luke? During both movies it was weak swings and parrys. Darth would overwhelm his ass waiting for a weak point and then when he Luke gets off balance Maul stabs him.

Darth_Otaku
Yeah the battle's weren't that flashing.Not as Obi Wans and Mauls.I give it to Maul.I even think NJO Luke will have a hard time on Maul.Too bad Maul was just a pion in Sidious' and GL's plot.

Lord_Windu
Maul for sure. Luke is no where near skilled enough with a lightsaber to take on Maul, I mean no way in hell can Luke hold off Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan the way Maul did.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
I dont think my opinion need to be spoken here.

Lord_Windu
Pair Luke up with TPM Obi-Wan or something and then it will be more balanced.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
and still lose.

Bobafetty
Obi wan killed Maul and Luke was trained by Obi and Yoda who could own Maul.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
yoda as of ESB would get eaten by maul.......so would weak-as$ luke, and obi, becuz maul would be non-arrogant this time.

TraptUnderIce
keyword this time

Deicide
Obi-Wan got in a lucky (sucker punch) hit. Qui-Gonn wore him (Maul) down. if not for that, Obi would have been owned

bad_boba017
Well, that doesn't change the fact that maul got killed by a padiwan.

I'd say look since he was trained by Obi-wan who killed Maul and was a skilled fighter. Luke was trained by Yoda too who could pwn maul's ass.... So i think luke would have this.

Ogami Itto
Darth Maul wins this duel!!
His Lightsaber Skill is far superior to Luke's( The only reason luke does alright in ESB/ROTJ is the fact that he is fighting his father, if some random jedi with luke's ROTJ skill fought Vader it would be a massacre)
Plus just because Yoda trains someone it doesn't mean they get all of Yoda's abilities!!

Of course Uber Master Skywalker(post rotj) could beat him easily

Fishy
Originally posted by bad_boba017
Well, that doesn't change the fact that maul got killed by a padiwan.

I'd say look since he was trained by Obi-wan who killed Maul and was a skilled fighter. Luke was trained by Yoda too who could pwn maul's ass.... So i think luke would have this.

QGJ was trained by Dooku, Dooku was trained by Yoda, Yoda like you said could take Maul Dooku could take Maul, yet QGJ could not.

Being trained by somebody means jack shit. Luke's daed.

IKC
Necromancy!

Luke "I have no saber training" Skywalker gets tooled, though.

PurpleSaber
Maul would own this. Luke barely has any saber training. The only reason he beat Vadar was because Vadar was getting old, and hadn't practised in like forever. Luke could not handle a regular Jedi let alone a double sabered aggresive sith. Maul would win in less that a minute.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
yoda as of ESB would get eaten by maul.......so would weak-as$ luke, and obi, becuz maul would be non-arrogant this time.
Yoda in Esb has nothing to do with this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.