Err...A huge what the???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
Well. i was at my friends and he has the illegal copy of ROTS, we were watching it and during the Mace/ Palps fight RIGHT after palps does his crazy flips, it shows a closer look at his saber. and....the saber hes holding, im pretty damn sure, is Anakins. it has a red blade, obviously, but the hilt is Anakins. I paused the film to get a good shot, and although its a little blurred, im pretty sure its Anakins saber. even if its not its definitely not palpatines saber (not the one that he takes out of his sleeve at the beginning of the fight)

...... huh

.......i dunno, i was like "wtf" when i saw it...

adamrubin
you are correct

adamrubin
g

Mist
might wanna quickly edit that part about your copy out of it....wink

NoFate007
It is an ancient Sith technique called Lightsaber Mask. It makes the person you are dueling with think you have a billion lightsabers......

funny if this is true, just shows that not even in a computer created world, everything is perfect.

Mist
no....wouldnt this tie in with the game, how sidious gives anakin a new saber?

this would be it then. sidious has two.

adamrubin
Originally posted by Mist
might wanna quickly edit that part about your copy out of it....wink

who me that is just a short clip

DeVi| D0do
Doesn't Obi-Wan duel with Anakin's saber at one stage too?

Mist
Originally posted by adamrubin
who me that is just a short clip

nah, anamoly. ken said no mentioning the boot wink

Ast Rofan
So 4 people use anakin's hilt?

Sid, GG, OW, and Anakin.

newjak86
You know what probably happened was that when they were supposed to grab their lightsabre for duel they probably didn't grab the right one.

((The_Anomaly))
I dont have a copy of it...

Darth Jello
i still can't figure out why Palps screams "POWER!!!!!!!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when he zaps mace.

((The_Anomaly))
cause, hes a sith and wants power, and is showing that he has power, and that he is more powerful then the Jedi...etc. etc. etc.

DeVi| D0do
and he's an evil s.o.b.

Darth_Sidious01
Because Anakin has chosen the dark side and is now an instrument in destroying the remaining jedi and will gain control over the galaxy "Unlimited power"
or he might just mean he doesn't have to hide his power anymore

((The_Anomaly))
I doubt he was talking about vader...

Darth_Sidious01
Oh YA i forgot..when Obi-Wan is fighting GG, the second hand he cuts off is holding Luke's saber from ROTJ!!

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i still can't figure out why Palps screams "POWER!!!!!!!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when he zaps mace.

I think that is the giveaway that Palpatine was in control of the situation.

((The_Anomaly))
yea, weird how lucas does that...

i dont think the palps using anakins was on purpose though...

Ast Rofan
I think Anakin just has a very popular model.

((The_Anomaly))
that makes absolutely no sense, there are no "models" of lightsabers...

Ast Rofan
I know, just making excuses for the unexcusable.

((The_Anomaly))
.....right...best to just do that...

lol

*sigh*

Ast Rofan
Although I believe I discovered the answer to so called mistake of OW knowing that Palpatine is the Emperor. I remember someone bitching about that last week.

The Ones
lightsaber easter eggs

palpy_666
The Palpatine toy figure of him wearing his outfit that he did during his duel with Mace, he actually has Anakin's saber in his hand. Weird.

Darth_Rankkor
Since this is a kinda "what does it matter" discussion and it's about hilts, I say that anakin should have kept Dooku's sabre and that's that. :P

PVS
wow...what with all the careless lightsaber scenes? who's idea was it to just say "oh, you lost the right saber? ahh f*** it...just use hayden's"

darthmaul1
They just do it so all the losers can have something to talk about.
Look at one point during the pod race Sebulba isn't even in his pod there is no one driving it. they probably see it and figure they can get away with it, and they can for the normal people, but the nut jobs that view frame by frame will catch it.

benskywalker88
That lightsaber is not exactly the same as Anakin's, it is Sidious' spare saber which he loses and then uses his proper one to fight Yoda with!

Sans_Fi
Hey, Sidious lightsaber doesnt fall through the window when he fights Mace? what does he use against Yoda?

mossman
It's not that weird.
When the scene was originally shot, Anakin was already in the office when the Jedi arrived to arrest Palps.
Palpatine used Anakin's saber for the duel.

That was why the Palps figure came packaged with Anakin's saber.

The scene was reworked extensively in late 2004.

As well as Ani entering at the end of the confrontation, and Sidious now using his own saber there were a number of changes made at different stages.
At one point Palpatine revealled Plagueis was real during the duel, as he was pleading with Anakin.
At one point Palpatine's saber was cut in half by Mace rather than booted out of his grasp.
In the animatics, Anakin cut Mace's saber in half rather than going for his arm. Mace tried (and failed) to repel the final bout of lightning with his hands.

And on top of all of this, much of the actual fight was actually cut altogether, particularly at the start of the duel.

With so much footage to choose from, this shot obviously either got in by mistake, or GL probably thought that the take was good enough to warrant the minor continuity error.
I mean, it took is nearly a month to spot it. stick out tongue

Well spotted, The Anomaly...

Darth_Rankkor
This has been already discussed but I hope the duelling extended scenes come in the dvd :P

JediStang
Psh, your friend has a bootleg copy, cmon, admit it...

Anyway, good catch, I wonder why he used anakin's hilt?

PVS
Originally posted by JediStang
Anyway, good catch, I wonder why he used anakin's hilt?

it was just explained. read a couple of posts back

happyman987
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious01
Oh YA i forgot..when Obi-Wan is fighting GG, the second hand he cuts off is holding Luke's saber from ROTJ!!

actually its just Obi Wans Saber with a green blade...

Dresta
didn't palps just lose his saber while fighting with mace and he probobly used a spare one. wasn't the hilt of the saber that he took out of his sleeve slightly gold.

happyman987
heres a good shot of anakins hilt...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/HappyMan987/palpatinewithanakinslightsaber.jpg

Boris
Weird...

jerlark386
Originally posted by Boris
Weird...

Whats weird is that shot of palpatine with the saber. Does it seem just a little well..

You can only imagine what im thinking at this point.

idiot_1185
Maybe they all just had sabers that looked the same but werent the same...

Darth Halo
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious01
That is not possible cause even Vader said I see you've made a new lightsaber. That was when he turned himself in to Vader so he could save him or try to

((The_Anomaly))
^^^

actually, no, GG does have lukes ROTJ saber

and for all the people who are saying "it was palps spare saber" are wrong. when he says "I am the senate" and flips his saber out, its not anakins saber, or a spare saber, it looks nothing like the anakins saber...

this is a mistake in the movie, there is no explanation for it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.