Will star wars 4-6 be remade?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkperson
I think they should.
It would be much better.

tlbauerle
Five posts below yours:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t343002.html

And NO...it would not be much better.

Darth Travizzle
No way dude, your out of your mind! You shouldn't mess with the classics. So I have to say they shouldn't remake Episodes 4-6. Shame on you for even thinking about changing the better trilogy of the Star Wars series.

mossman
Over my dead body...

Lord Chariol
remaking would be the most disasterous thing to happen to Star Wars since Jar Jar Binks.

DeVi| D0do
Like I've said: I will personally destroy any person who tries to remake these films. Nuff said.

Darth_Leo
They are fine the way they are. But there saggy comapared to II and III
Im so confused confused But no leave the way they are

dflood
no
no
no
no
no
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Ones
Originally posted by mossman
Over my dead body...

thats the idea

General Zodiac
Never remake 4-6!

matreid
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Like I've said: I will personally destroy any person who tries to remake these films. Nuff said.

Me too! smokin'

JediMasterLuke5
I think they should be remade, and if they are they should have references to Mace Windu and Qui-gon Ginn. The Originals have so many mistakes, such as Yoda was Obi-wan's master. Also the lightsaber fights are not as well done in the originals, Luke should be alot better duelist than he is in Ep6. They need to show them using more force powers also. Also my biggest problem is why in the heck in Ep 4 when Vader has Leia captured why doesnt he try to turn her to the Dark side? And plus with such new technology the special effects will look better then ever, there will be no more puppets. If they remade the movies theyd be a whole lot better and there wouldnt be as many mistakes.

Darth Travizzle
Same here, even if it's GL himself, unless he's making 7-9. Then I wouldn't harm a single gray hair on his head.

Lana
Making 7-9 would be as bad an idea as remaking 4-6. What would it be about? Anakin's story is over.

stunna1773
they should make 7-9 cause i want to see more light sabre duels

Lana
Once again...what would it be about? Anakin's story is over.

JediMasterLuke5
if they did 7 - 9 it probally be on the Heir to the Empire series.

Neutrality
If any other Star Wars movie/trilogy is done it should not be at all based on the original story. No more Shywalkers.

JediMasterLuke5
Well its going to be based on Luke Skywalker, it will probally show the path he takes to become the most powerful Jedi ever.

DarthSidiouss
i would like to see episode 7-9 too see how powerful njo luke really is!

Lord Darth Gabe
We never know what could happen...this last 8 years or so had proven that we know nothing about star wars`s changes...

anything could change...except for the name...(I hope)

PloKoon Forever
wrong thread but, maybe instead of episodes 7-9, a knights of the old republic movie?

JediMasterLuke5
Heck no, I totally hate the Old republic. Theyre characters made up for the video games and writers(not by GL) to keep interest in Star Wars until the Prequels came out. They need to continue the story with Luke becoming the greatest of all Jedi.

AmrothSkywalker
I don't think they should make 7-9. who's gonna play Luke? maybe a cartoon but I think the books were enough of post ROTJ for me. I think a K0T0R movie would be mad awesome u rock plo koon forever! rock of course they would have to cut alot of parts out to make it like 3 hrs at the most but it would be intense especially the lightsaber duels. Like the finale between Revan and Malak.

JediMasterLuke5
They could try to get the original characters to play Eps 7, 8 ,9 even though they do kinda look a little old.

AmrothSkywalker
Maybe for ep 9 cuz they would have to be old anyway but idk i think the movies should end for the Skywalker story. Any other story from Star Wars thats gonna be made into a movie im all ears!

JediMasterLuke5
I would just like to see the NJO Luke is action. big grin

Darth Plagues
Me too...He's awesome!

exanda kane
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
I think they should be remade, and if they are they should have references to Mace Windu and Qui-gon Ginn. The Originals have so many mistakes, such as Yoda was Obi-wan's master. Also the lightsaber fights are not as well done in the originals, Luke should be alot better duelist than he is in Ep6. They need to show them using more force powers also. Also my biggest problem is why in the heck in Ep 4 when Vader has Leia captured why doesnt he try to turn her to the Dark side? And plus with such new technology the special effects will look better then ever, there will be no more puppets. If they remade the movies theyd be a whole lot better and there wouldnt be as many mistakes.

Ur a dick, no offense!
That's pure blasphemy, look at the PT, made with the latest special effects and billions of dollars and it's crap, look at the OT, with the seventies mullets and puppets and a few million and they some of the best films ever. Anyway they do use puppets in the PT as well, and they look better compared to say Jar Jar.

And im probably alone in this, but I think some of the OT lightsaber duels are better (except Obi vs. Vader duel) than the PT ones, with a few exceptions, but there seems to be something much cooler about luke and vader swinging lightsabers in the dark than obi-wan and qui-gon trying to double team a midget!

. . . I also heard that Lucas would actually like Yoda bouncing around next to Luke on Dagobah, but a backpack with a little green man in it is just uber cool . . .

JKozzy
I think they should be remade, and if they are they should have references to Mace Windu and Qui-gon Ginn. The Originals have so many mistakes, such as Yoda was Obi-wan's master. Also the lightsaber fights are not as well done in the originals, Luke should be alot better duelist than he is in Ep6. They need to show them using more force powers also. Also my biggest problem is why in the heck in Ep 4 when Vader has Leia captured why doesnt he try to turn her to the Dark side? And plus with such new technology the special effects will look better then ever, there will be no more puppets. If they remade the movies theyd be a whole lot better and there wouldnt be as many mistakes. No, they don't have mistakes. They were made first. If anything were to have mistakes or continuality errors, it would be the prequel trilogy. If George contradicted the storyline in any way, it would be in making the prequels, and not matching it up that way. The originals are fine. No need to remake them for any reason.

JKozzy
Originally posted by exanda kane

And im probably alone in this, but I think some of the OT lightsaber duels are better (except Obi vs. Vader duel) than the PT ones, with a few exceptions, but there seems to be something much cooler about luke and vader swinging lightsabers in the dark than obi-wan and qui-gon trying to double team a midget!

Vader vs Luke in ROTJ = Best Duel Ever.

Dark Lord Plo
Heck no, I totally hate the Old republic. Theyre characters made up for the video games and writers(not by GL) to keep interest in Star Wars until the Prequels came out. They need to continue the story with Luke becoming the greatest of all Jedi.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/Barkdog24/images.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/Barkdog24/images1.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/Barkdog24/images2.jpg I dont see them doing three more..... i think the saga is done, but there is alot of interest in the KOTOR game and i think it would be coo... but i agree there would be a problem with the characters

(you hating the old repulic is YOUR opinion.... but i KNOW more people like it than just me)

pr1983
Originally posted by JKozzy

spot on... the music, the choregraphy (not technique wise, but you can see lukes anger in the way he fights), the set, just cool...

4-6 are cinema gold, and as Jkozzy said they have NO mistakes, the prequels are the ones with the mistakes...

Red Superfly
People who say the originals have continuity mistakes need their head examined.

They were there first. Lucas should have made the prequels fit perfectly around the originals. There is no reason to get it wrong because for over twenty years there have been fan fictions written by complete AMATUERS and they still manage to make it fit around the originals a lot better than the official prequel trilogy.

How do these people think you build a house? If the roof doesn't fit, redo the roof. Don't rip out the foundations from under it and build a new house just to make the roof fit.

mysterio69
but, wouldn't the PT have to be the foundations?
just kidding. spot on.

jabbar

You and what army, dodo? I doubt you even have the force....

cameron666

When Obi-Wan Kenobi was a young child, 10 yeaars of age and younger, any time before Qui-Gon took him as an apprenttice, he was trained in the Jedi Temple, on many occasions, by Yoda!

The lightsaber fights in the originals are my favorite, but that is besde the point. The vader suit provided reduced mobility, making it hard to move fast and agile.

In Episode IV, at that time, Vader did not know that Leia had any force powers, nor did he know they were related.

Luke wouldn't be the greatest duelist, considering he had no one to teach him dueling between Episode V and Vi, with ben dead and not seeing Yoda until ROTJ.

And since he did not fight, there is no need for a CGI yoda. I thik the Yoda in TESB looks pretty good. And the acting. You cannot recast the original actors, at least not too many of them. And knowing hollywood these days, we would end with someone like Sean William Scott as Luke.

*shudders*

Myth
Notice how the two who want them remade are 15 and 13. Don't worry, when you are older you'll understand that advanced technology does not mean better movies. Everybody thinks similarly when they are younger. To little kids the sequels are better because they try to top the originals (Ex: You add the word "super" to anything and it will be 10X cooler to a child). As you get older you realize that sequels are trying so to top things that sometimes they become ridiculous or unoriginal.

Myth
(edit) Duplicate

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by Lana
Once again...what would it be about? Anakin's story is over.

Exactly, the Star Wars saga is the story of the chosen one and the prophecy. Vader's dead so there's not much left that could be done. If you want 7-9, then get yourself, 10 friends, some plastic lightsabers, and a camcorder, and make them yourself.

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by darkperson
I think they should.
It would be much better.
what is wrong with you?! my friend said the same thin, he said they dhould remake him, i told him i was gonna kill him. dude the old trilogy is a classic! ur a gay retard.....i am so offended

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by JKozzy

agreed!!!!!!!!!

Sith-Nerd
lets all just face it, the movie saga is over!! NO MORE MOVIES!! lucas told an interviewer he wouldnt make 7-9

Sith-Nerd
and he wont remake them either

SithHappens
Nope it would clearly suck, nothing can compare to OT.

beedubaya
I Personally didn't think the prequel trilogy was all that bad, but I think the OT was the best and shouldn't be remade. When people complain about the saber fights in the OT being too slow, look at it like this. In the Ep4, you had a machine man vs. an old man and neither one of them have dueled in over 20 years! Of course they are going to fight slower. The Luke vs. Vader fights were much better. Now in the PT, the Jedi and the Sith were all given traditional Republic training in dueling, of they will naturally have more of an art to it.

Will-one Kenobi
If anything was remade it would be best if it was the PT not the OT I mean look at all the mistakes GL made making the PT. For example in the OT it says Owen Lars is Obi-wans brother but then GL changes the plot so that their not even related! Also so much is wrong with the purge of the Jedi I want to murder GL ( takes pills, gets over rage ) And I prefered Luke versus Vader in ESB than in ROTJ

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Will-one Kenobi
For example in the OT it says Owen Lars is Obi-wans brother
Where?

tlbauerle
Where?

Ditto...

Will-one Kenobi
Im not sure when it says so in the movies but I know it is said somewhere

DarthLazious
They better not remake those movies.

Darth JLRTENJAC
No, not again. They did it twice NO MORE! But they are anyways. mad

Darth JLRTENJAC
I think they should.
It would be much better.

They were at their best as the origionals, The origionals focused more on story than Flashy Visual-effects. The first re-make was enough! Of course that wasn't really a remake it was editing an already good movie...

Dan Skywalker
If they remake the original trilogy I would never go to see it, Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker, Harrsion Ford is Han Solo, you cant replace these actors, they are the characters they created.

theredbaron

Dude, do you know why Qui-Gon Jinn is not referred to in the Original Trilogy? Because he was an A-F-T-E-R-T-H-O-U-G-H-T. The prequels are inconsistent with the originals, not the other way around! Yoda was Obi-wan's master, there was no Qui-Gon - the only one at fault here is George Lucas for his inconsistency. If anything, the prequels should be remade to fit in with the backstory of the originals.

What's the bet that the person who suggested this crap was a 12/13 year old kid who prefers fancy CG over good acting, and a well-told story?

theredbaron
The lightsaber duels in the OT are superior, for a number of reasons:

a) they fight like they're trying to destroy each other, rather than showcase their moves
b) they serve as symbols of emotional conflict between master and apprentice, friend and friend, hero and villain, father and son.
c) they are used to reveal critical elements of the plot through mid-duel dialogue.

So basically, the difference between an OT duel and a PT duel is that an OT duel actually serves a purpose and furthers the storyline.

Not to mention the fact that in EPII, Yoda flips around like a spastic, and in EPIII, Sidious is a clutz.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by theredbaron
The lightsaber duels in the OT are superior, for a number of reasons:

a) they fight like they're trying to destroy each other, rather than showcase their moves
b) they serve as symbols of emotional conflict between master and apprentice, friend and friend, hero and villain, father and son.
c) they are used to reveal critical elements of the plot through mid-duel dialogue.

So basically, the difference between an OT duel and a PT duel is that an OT duel actually serves a purpose and furthers the storyline.

Not to mention the fact that in EPII, Yoda flips around like a spastic, and in EPIII, Sidious is a clutz.

Thankyou.

This is precisely the reason why I consider even the "crappy" (for the record I'm just saying that because everyone says its crap - I still think its great) duel from ANH to be superior to anything from the PT.

The duels in the OT were for a purpose. They were more dramatic, and in my opinion, more realistic due to the clunkiness of it all.

In my opinion, the OT fights LOOK LIKE FIGHTS. The style of the fighters are also consistent. The PT fights look like elaborate dances. Obi-Wan seems to fight differently in every movie. I don't care what justification the fanboys come up with ("he has different styles" - BAD EXCUSE considerring in Ep III Anakin and Obi-Wan were matches).

Now that it's all over and I've had a couple of months to let the finished product sink in - I really do wish the prequels never existed.

SS_181st_Snow

You must've been hit in the head.

1: Why make references to Mace and Qui-gon? Their presance is not needed to continue the story. There is no need. MAYBE a quick glimpse of him on Tatooine when Luke is building his lightsaber, but it adds even more mystery. Mace has no area in the OT.

2: The originals are perfect. The Prequel are those with mistakes.

3: The Saber fights are fine. There is no need for action. It's all about the story. What the hell would be more dramatic to you? Vader and Luke jumping like chimps on Bespin or Vader saying "I am your father".

4: Luke had no training.

5: Vader didn't know Leia was his daughter until ROTJ. Hell, he didn't even know about Luke until ESB. When him and Palps were conversing about "The Son of Anakin Skywalker" Somethin', it's been a while. But Vader felt Luke's emotions and learned about Leia.

6: Puppets were cool. It's easier to have a puppet in a backpack than trying to have a cgi thing moving constantly in sync with a backpack.

Bottom line: The mistakes were in the PT, not the OT. And, for your info. 4, 5, and 6 came FIRST! Just so you know, okay? Okay? Okay? Okay big grin

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Will-one Kenobi
Im not sure when it says so in the movies but I know it is said somewhere
No, it isn't.

Rockon
they are making 3 more star wars movies

SS_181st_Snow
There is no point. The tale has been told. If anything, they can make a KOTOR movie, but Lucas would screw even that up.

Rockon
It carrys on were the over is left of and Steven Sbeilberg made do it after lucas has done tv series.

DeVi| D0do
No. You're stupid.

Rockon
Who is stupid.

DeVi| D0do
You.

Captain REX
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
There is no point. The tale has been told. If anything, they can make a KOTOR movie, but Lucas would screw even that up.

...especially seeing as it would ruin the point of playing the games, and they do not entirely fit to his views anyway.

Originally posted by Rockon
It carrys on were the over is left of and Steven Sbeilberg made do it after lucas has done tv series.

Not going to happen.

Maikahyandowen
Lucas probably wouldn't let Speilburg play with them

Rockon
they did Indaina Jones together, and im right about the real life TV series though.

DeVi| D0do
The TV series is old news. Really old news. Really extremely old news.

And there will be no more Star Wars movies. By anyone. . <-- (period)

Rockon
I thing you will see that there will be another three.

DeVi| D0do
I thing you will see that there wont.

Rockon
yes and thats final!!!!

DeVi| D0do
No.

Red Superfly
yes and thats final!!!!

You're wrong, though.

Rockon
But im i though!!!

Red Superfly
But im i though!!!

What the f**k?

I'm I too.

Maikahyandowen
Lucas won't do any more of them. He doesn't want to. or need to.

commander gree
Originally posted by ESB-1138
Never remake 4-6! never? how do you think? battle of endor must be remaken and obi vs vader and a LOT!!!! more

roughrider

I bet they could add even more without having to remake the films. If they can put another actors head on someone else, they can jazz up the lightsaber fights even more, with selective shots at the right angles. And Yoda being Obi-Wan's master - Yoda is everyone's master; he trains all jedi when they are small children for a time, then turn them over to an adult master who becomes their mentor under they become a knight.
And Vader didn't try to turn leia in ep. 4 because he didn't know who she was - she was the one most hidden from him.

jaden101
I think they should.
It would be much better.

yeah...they would be much better...just like get carter, rollerball, the italian job, the lady killers, alfie, shaft, the stepford wives, the shining and planet of the apes were all better than the originals

hang on a minute...no they weren't

and while we're at it

neither were the ring, the ring 2, house of wax, psycho, the texas chainsaw massacre, lolita, dawn of the dead, carrie, the island of Dr moreau or war of the worlds

infact i dont think i've ever seen a remake that was better than the original

Red Superfly
Originally posted by jaden101
yeah...they would be much better...just like get carter, rollerball, the italian job, the lady killers, alfie, shaft, the stepford wives, the shining and planet of the apes were all better than the originals

hang on a minute...no they weren't

and while we're at it

neither were the ring, the ring 2, house of wax, psycho, the texas chainsaw massacre, lolita, dawn of the dead, carrie, the island of Dr moreau or war of the worlds

infact i dont think i've ever seen a remake that was better than the original

FACT

pr1983
whats all this bullshit about mistakes in the OT?

they have no mistakes, the PT is responsible for any errors... simple fact...

theredbaron
Exactomundo. If I was to somehow magically edit ROTJ without harming what is already there, I would replace the Ewoks with Wookies, and perhaps change Endor's name to Kashyyyk. I'd also remove all the new musical numbers, like 'Jedi Rocks' and the new celebration song at the end. I don't know about a second death star either - sounds like a bit of a cop-out. But I tell you what, unless, like I said, I could edit these magically without harming the rest of the movie, I wouldn't touch it. And I sure as hell wouldn't touch ANH or ESB.

jedi-kev
Jesus H ChRIST

We don't need these films remade! Gayest thread ever

woodenbadger

Personally i dont see many mistakes with the original three. Obi-wan never said i was yoda's padawan.. he just said that yoda instructed him, which is true.. he was also trained.. primarily, by qui gon... but yoda trained all younglings at some point..

and vader didnt try to convert leia because he didnt know she was his daughter.. he didnt know he had twins. he only found out after he learned from luke.....

and as far as the special effects are concerned.. personally my biggest problem with the new three are that the effects rely way way way too much on computers.. i say the puppets where great and they should never redo the original three.. ever.. bad bad idea

overlord

Yeah, remake it so they can mention Mace and Qui-Gon once in a while! Not kidding, but that is actually the best goddamn idea I have ever read!!

The Originals have so many mistakes, such as Yoda was Obi-wan's master

Ever considered the PT has changed everything and therefor having the potential mistakes you mention?

Also the lightsaber fights are not as well done in the originals, Luke should be alot better duelist than he is in Ep6.

They can't change it and they should just let the damn movie be.

They need to show them using more force powers also.

It would suck if everybody constantly used force powers, they should only be used at the right moment to give an impression or as some sort of climax.

Also my biggest problem is why in the heck in Ep 4 when Vader has Leia captured why doesnt he try to turn her to the Dark side?

After the movie was made, a lot more aspects came to be in the story as Leia being force sensitive, Vaders daughter and stuff.
I see no need to change that, it's useless and people don't convert to the dark side through torture, only through themselves.
And Vader new nothing of course about her being force sensitive.

If they remade the movies theyd be a whole lot better and there wouldnt be as many mistakes.

They are perfectly good movies and much improvement would probably not be possible without throwing everything upside down, then they could just as well make another SW trilogy. But changes will probably just be useless and sucky just like the other ones.

This movie was made and there were no so called mistakes untill the PT came out.

But to return to subject, this movie is made and it is good, it shouldn't be done again, that is a waste of time. Then they could just as well make up a whole new story without Vader and Sidious and such. To change would be to kill the whole story of SW.

Scarecrow756
Episode 4-6= Should never be remade.

Jack O'Neil
They will never remake episodes 4-6 because they don't need to. Its good enough.

exanda kane
The PT should be redone to fit the OT. Then there woulnd tbe people saying the OT has 'mistakes'

SpyCspider
kids....sigh

sick

no seriously, who would ever fathom the idea that the originals should be remade instead of the other way around?

overlord
These kids secretly didn't even bother to watch the OT!
They just presume ROTS is teh best because of the nice colors!

Son of Boromir
I feel so strongly about the fact the shouldnt be remade i believe all starwars fans agree at least true ones...Im not saying you have to know where everything to be a true fan but you need a real feel for the characters...during Episode three When order 66 (the killing of the jedi took place) I had tears in my eyes and it was soo hard to keep them there I had to wipe them all the time and when Obi-wan said he luved Anakin even after all that he didcrybaby. Im sure u r a nice guy mr Darkperson but Trying to redo starwars is sick next i suppose you'll try to give Jar Jar a lightsaber

Darth_Erebus
I certainly hope not. I was 14 in 1977 when the original Star Wars was released. Over the course of that summer I saw the movie 8 times, not at a multiplex but at a single theatre that stood by itself. Star Wars was WAY ahead of it's time. My parents both loved the flick as did my younger sister. The whole country went nuts for a movie that sold the second most number of tickets EVER at the box office, only Gone With The Wind has sold more. When The Empire Strikes Back came three years later I was a little older, 17, and had more of an appreciation of what these movies meant. There was still the Iran hostage crisis, unemployment was high, I was facing my senior year in high school. This movie was a great distraction in hard times for our country. Three years later, in 1983 some of the magic had worn off. The Star Wars concept was getting tired, the mood of the country was changing, and the Ewoks were corny. What happened with the first two flicks can never happen again. Some movies aren't meant to be remade. I commend George Lucas for trying with the last three flicks but he couldn't recapture what happened the first time around, though Revenge of the Sith was a decent flick. Anyone who was into the first series when it first came out understands exactly what I mean here. The original Star Wars was far more than just a movie, it was THE icon of it's time. No movie since has managed to do that, and probably never will.

queeq
No... please no remakes. At the the OT has spirit, soul, the PT kinda lacks that. Even in ROTS.

shaber
Hasn't anyone watched that South Park episode where a caricature of Steven Spielberg was cast in a villainous role? Spielberg sent Stone "the meanest nicest letter..." and it seemed the episode discouraged him from making another remake... it also touched on Lucas and the Star Wars remakes.

queeq
Where's the letter?

shaber
It must have been a jew to jew sort of thing rather than material for the common property of the rest of the world confused

queeq
Hmmm, I sense antisemitism.... You nazi! stick out tongue

xyz jedi
I think a remake with lots of cooler scenes to make them link with PT would be mint/cool.

queeq
Don't touch ESB... it'll only get worse. The additions in the SE and DVD were already useless.

overlord
Yeah, why the hell would you alter an already finished project constantly just to fit some new movies? Utter nonsense..

queeq
"Because it wasn't according to GL's vision" or some crap like that. Gl is a bit like Indiana Jones: "I'm just making this up as I go."

Shadow x 20
dots

exanda kane
Originally posted by xyz jedi
I think a remake with lots of cooler scenes to make them link with PT would be mint/cool.

"Alright boys, call the cops!"

queeq
laughing out loud

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
"Alright boys, call the cops!" confused1

jenzie
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, why the hell would you alter an already finished project constantly just to fit some new movies? Utter nonsense..
yeah, why would ANYONE do that ..... at all???

FistOfThe North
I heard Lucas wanted to do the 3D Imax version of all 6 ep.'s using new tech. Him and Spielberg.

queeq
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they're gonna reshoot these films.

overlord
GL and SS (steven spielberg) must be getting eccentric..

queeq
No, that 3D stuff is just fun. I'd love to see that.

Darth Jello
at this point, i think the majority of changes will be done to the prequals (mostly adding in scenes, fixing digital characters, and explaining why anakin loses conciousness after getting his arm severed-like a head bumping sound).
i think all the original trilogy really has left to do is maybe put a few more planets at the end of ROTJ, fix the lightsabers more on new hope (THAT GOD AWEFUL LIGHTPOLE IS STILL VISIBLE!!!!) and maybe add back a few more tweaked deleted scenes like the wampa attack or the sandstorm. maybe give the unmasked anaking more injuries.

willman
dont worry, they wont.

queeq
Hope not. All they have to do is fix Luke's 'green' sabre on the MIllenium Falcon and I'll be happy enough.

willman
or darth vaders pink one when he throws it at luke in ROTJ

Darth Jello
what about the fricken lightpole that you can still see through alec guinesses' recolored lightsaber during his duel with vader? All they had to do for those shot was white it out since it's the center of the blade anyway.

overlord
Some lightsaber goofs should remain though..

willman
yah that one was good. smile

queeq
Excellent.

No I don't mind the lightpole, that is just SW history, that can remain. But all the bad tampering with the lightsabres since the DVD, that must be fixed.

willman
and the annoying boxes around the tie fighters when they are flying in space.

goatman3000
Im no hardcore starwars geek, but instead of pointlessly remaking those movies, they should instead make one prior to the ep.I.....about that Darth Plagus or something like that. Or maybe explainin the Jedi Council. From the PT, you dont really get an introduction into this Jedi stuff, and same goes with the Sith. Explain that instead of wasting time remaking already great movies. Either that or something between Ep.III and the original movie.

queeq
Oh no, not more explaining. SW is not an enyclopedia...

SpaceMonkey
I agree with both sides to a degree.

I want more Star Wars but not to remake the originals. No way!!! I always wondered about a Shadows of the Empire movie, but everyone is too old now. So maybe have a movie be a "The Hobbit" to Star Wars like it is to Lord of the Rings". The history of the Sith or the Jedi or something like that. Or a spin-off on a minor character like X-Men is doing with Wolverine, except he's not a minor character. Then again maybe the TV series will quench my thirst.

So, in conclusion, my post said nothing.

"Move along."

queeq
laughing out loud

coolmovies
GL allready made them so many times that fans are sick of the changes

queeq
But we still buy them

JaehSkywalker
I think they should.
It would be much better.

No.

queeq
No...

JaehSkywalker
er, exactly.

coolmovies
give sw a rest will u

queeq
Why?

General G
I would love more star wars, but as I am agreeing wih a lot of other people, they should not remake the originals, they are good the way they are. They also should not remake the PT, they are good too, I don't care what poeple say, I enjoyed them all. I think that they should make some kind KOTOR movie, think about it, all the action and drams, and the awesome plot twist (turning out to be Revan), that would be sooooo crazy.

queeq
Wait for the tv series.

Darth Martin
No, please don't remake them. Rather edit them some more.

This is IMO.

If anything could be touched it could ROTJ, the ewoks were lame and wookies would fit thier nicely. Vader doesn't havce the commanding presence as he did in TESB. They could also touch the ships and such on the Hoff system to look more modern(like ROTS). Also, is it just me or when they say the Stormtroopers are elite, are they kidding. They can't even hit anything. Make them as good as the clones in PT w/ better weapons meybe(I don't mean clones, just give them a commanding presence). That battle in TESB on the Hoff system could be extended and looked more war-type, not just shooting and hitting nothing. In ANH the lightsabre duel should be extended but they shouldn't have Kenobi and Vader hopping around like bunny rabbits(hence, if yoda can use the force to amp up his speed, jumpin, strength and such why can't Kenobi and Vader do so). Luke should be poytrayed sloppy the way he is, and Lord Vader should be handing him his ***. Boba Fett should not die the way he did(assuming he's dead, because that is what GL meant for him to be). I think they're should be more use of the force in the duels also. Chewbacca should be potrayed more as the warrior he is(ripping arms out of people's sockets). Vader should have a scene in TESB where he is having memories of Padme and in deep sadness in his breathing chamber.

All of this is just IMO. As to remaking the movies, NO, just add some CGI touches to meybe some of the ships and have the stormtroopers more....well....you know and a few other things mentioned above. TESB is the best SW movie ever and arguably one of the best science fiction movies and together all six films make a great saga.

Now, if they were to make another saga they should make a Clone Wars saga based on the story/war between AOTC and ROTS.

Blax X
They should remake the OT, just so dumbasses on this forum can make a billion "I hate GL" threads on their way to go see the new OT at the movies.

queeq
Don't touch the OT, they made history... Remake the PT instead.

Impediment
I agree. Remake episodes 1, 2, and 3 with the pride and vision that was apparent in the OT. I, personally, would love to see 7-9 made, as they could expand on Luke founding the Jedi Academy, Han and Leia having twins Jayna and Jacen and little Anakin, maybe even include Chewie's death and introduce the Yuuzhan Vong. All of the OT actors are age appropriate now for their roles.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Impediment
I, personally, would love to see 7-9 made, as they could expand on Luke founding the Jedi Academy, Han and Leia having twins Jayna and Jacen and little Anakin, maybe even include Chewie's death and introduce the Yuuzhan Vong. All of the OT actors are age appropriate now for their roles.

I've always thought that concept of a 7-9 would be interesting, and always thought that now would be a good time seeing as they are all the appropriate ages. However, I doubt that they ever get Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford to even consider it.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Kram3r
I've always thought that concept of a 7-9 would be interesting, and always thought that now would be a good time seeing as they are all the appropriate ages. However, I doubt that they ever get Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford to even consider it.

why not?

and... hey, chewie? in there? dying? cry

i went into a deep state of depression when i found that one out. sad

smile

queeq
All EU stuff there folks.... all EU.

General G
I do not think they should remake the OT, it was great. If they did make a 7-9 I probably would only watch them if they somehow found a way to bring back the Sith, except more badass then ever. Who am I kidding, I would see it no matter what.

JaehSkywalker
erm

if it'll be remade, i'd probably watch it, but it'll never be as good as the originals.

i still say it shouldn't be re-made.

queeq
Amen.

DC BrDr10
Luke - Shia LaBeouf, Emile Hirsch, Jake Gylennhaal, Tobey McGwire
Han - Matt Damon,, Shia LaBeouf (when he's older), Ashton Kutcher, Mark Wahlberg
Lea - Keira Knightley, Megan Fox, Sarah Roemer, Elizabeth Banks, Kate Beckinasle
Obi Wan - Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins
Lando - Will Smith
Vader - James Earl Jones

General G
I don't think that is physically possible...

Alliance
Star Studded Remake = Apocalyptic Disaster.

Darth Hord
Personally I wouldn't want a complete remake rather a few additions. Like add dialog that makes more references to pt events/characters.

Personally the lightsabers fights are pretty well made because in ANH obiwan can't much acrobatics,they are fighting in a narrow hallway which further restricts movements (though they could move back and forward)

A Luke is not a beastly duelist so there is n point in making him so much better when he has not had much training.

The only thing I would change about the duels is adding better dialog and more emotion in the Vader vs. Obiwan duel to make you feel the emotion this is the first time they have met in years and they barely have much to say to each other.

General G
Well, what would you have to say to the person you could have considered your brother and then decided to duel you to the death.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by General G
Well, what would you have to say to the person you could have considered your brother and then decided to duel you to the death.

Well IDk really know cause im not that much of story writer but the dialog seems to be somewhat plain after all the emotion we had seen in ROTS

Mr Parker
yeah that would be disgraceful for the classics to be remade except for that crapfest return of the jedi,It WOULD be nice to see them remake that disgraceful one and change just about everything they did with THAT one. sick

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>