To All Fans! Read Book! Duh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ominous
READ THE DARN BOOK, IF U WANT MORE INFO, READ U LAZY KNUCKLEHEADS, IT MIGHT HELP U LATER IN LIFE! sad WELL MAYBE

Granted as far as this book goes, movie was probably better. usualy books are good for more info and detail but the speed was greatly reduced, to much that wasnt neccesarily needed. bUt it does talk about the Jedi considering on Sisious exposing himself so they did what they thought was best. and that should have been in movie just like the talk between Qui and Yoda so people know why Obi disapeared, and why Vader stomped on cloak, probably because he was confused. Because Qui taught him something totaly new that Darth may not have been aware of, is the reason he says
"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possiably imagine" it all relates to what Qui taught Yoda and Obi.

DeVi| D0do
Nah.

Ominous
oh come now u must be tempted! ... "U shall read the book and the eat the entire contents!.... oh yeah u saw the wave of the hand right?

JKozzy
I thought that they cut way too much out of the book. The movie would have felt like it had more substance if they included some of what was in there.

jabbar
meh

DeVi| D0do
Read for pleasure?!? Are you mad? wink

I shouldn't have to read a book in order to understand a movie. What kind of logic is that?

Besides, the book aint canon in my opinion.

And yeah... reading the book would just make me mad about what they didn't include in the film.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I shouldn't have to read a book in order to understand a movie. What kind of logic is that?

Besides, the book aint canon in my opinion.

And yeah... reading the book would just make me mad about what they didn't include in the film.

May not be canon, but it is cool. stick out tongue

Come check out the new billboard dodo, you like sidious.

Bubbapilot
I have to agree with Ominous. I saw the movie opening night and while it had some flaws, I was blown away. I had planned on seeing again the next weekend, but my father decided to have a heart attack so I spent the weekend at the hospital. Since I couldn't go see the movie again and I was bored out of my mind, I purchased the book. In my opinion it enhanced the movie.

Now, I'm not as nit-picky as some around here (to each his own) so I wasn't disappointed in the movie. But I felt the book did a nice job of explaining some things better than the movie did.

Since it looks like another week or two until I can get to the theater again, I am starting to read it once more.

Vanquish
Isn't the reason they make movies so we won't have to waste our time reading the book? smile

matreid
I read it. Has a bit more detail but its still not the same...

Ominous
Sorry to hear about your father Bubba, i know how you feel my Dad was so excited to take me to episode 4 when it came out and I was captivated, so was he for an adult, unfortunately he didnt make this one, he would have loved it.
Yes the book has neat little things, and extras that I enjoyed but I realy felt the movie moved along better than the books of episode 1 or 2. So is it worth it, probably, but in this case the movie for the first time in my life was better.

What the hell is canon? you darn kids and your crazy hip lingo, jeez. reading

Mist
i like the book. nice to see things from other perspectives, like dooku. very nice big grin

Julie
I'll read it eventually but not soon...my copy won't even come for ages

Mist
stick out tongue i only bought mine a few days ago...i cant believe it took me so long....

Robin Darkside
I thought the movie was great about how much info they put in there. For instance, the quigon sceen would have seemed a bit dull at that point of the movie. All the exciting things in the movie have happened, and its time to end it, without going into to much detail.

Anyway, I never read the book and dont intend too, I like star wars the way I currently percieve it by only watching the movies.
Therefore, I dont like this thread, cause you cant tell people to read the book, even if they want answers

Ominous
Oh I can tell you, yes And you want to obey but you dont, lol
well I just started it because people were asking quite easy little things on other threads that are in the book.I figured if they wanna know so bad they should read.

I for one dont let a book destroy my liking a movie, If I liked a movie then its not going to change, I love more so even though the book doesnt follow it exactly its just more detail or from a slightly different angle. I love it because it may explain reasonings that the movie doenst have time to explain or show. A great example was how the Jedi believed they were ready for Sidious to expose himself, that was cool, they knew they were spread out,
But I enjoyed that little substance, gives the Jedi council more credibility.

So anyhoo, by reading this thread you have just made your first step into a larger world, the world of books, Happy Dance laughing

Darth Halo
This is why there should be another movie so they can show what happened in between EP.3-4. It can show Luke as a moisture farmer but near the end. Obi as an older but still like in his 50's training to do the dissappear trick and Yoda training too before he goes to dagobah. Then maybe some Darth Taking over or more like The Empire taking over. ROTS only showed the fall of democracy.(not meaning to get political). But there can be a good movie maybe not an all new trilogy just one last one.

Stunrun
Originally posted by Ominous
oh come now u must be tempted! ... "U shall read the book and the eat the entire contents!.... oh yeah u saw the wave of the hand right?

most of us here read the book the minute it came out. That was a tempting enough reason

mossman
I'm beginning to think some people believe that the film was actually based on the novel...

no expression

Read the book!!!!....

....If you want to learn more about Matthew Stover's personal interpretation of, and embellishments upon, an early revision of the ROTS script.

Robin Darkside
books suck, how can u enjoy reading star wars? its meant to be a movie

palpy_666
I hate reading. Reading is for pansies. I like reading online though, but not physical material. It's too long and a waste of time.

To quote "Harry Wormwood" from the movie "Matilda", "There's nothing you can get from a book that you can't get from a television faster."

Robin Darkside
yep, why read when you can watch movies
I get bored when I read novels

Ominous
with each passing reply you get angrier and become more my servant, the darkside is swelling in you Robin, releade your anger and then... Oh never mind you should read the book! laughing beer

Bubbapilot
Originally posted by palpy_666
I hate reading. Reading is for pansies.

Originally posted by Robin Darkside
yep, why read when you can watch movies
I get bored when I read novels

weepThis is the future....weep

ShadowKing
No. There is another. I have my son read the books after he's seen the movies. He enjoys some of the background information and what characters are thinking. It provides better motivation for their actions.book

I have read all of the books based on the movies, and some expanded universe books (Shadow of the Empire, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Dark Force Rising Trilogy) and my son has all of the Young Jedi series. Reading is fundamental...dialogue George, dialogue! Surely you can do better!

Ominous
LOL, very nice! Dont suppose they will read the constitution either, or the Fedaral Papers, this way they can just let the politians tell them what it says, or them tell you what they think it means, or what it should mean,

Yeah, you just watched a movie on a takeover of a Republic from an emergency situation, just like Rome, and some what Germany when the Depression hit and the Chancellor even before Hitler suggested to disolve the Riechstag, so he could get things done, that didnt work.

This country is a Republic, no matter how many times they say its a Democracy. Be Warned younglings! sorry about that... just got swept up. confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.