Darth Revan vs Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dragon 89
Ok I am starting a debate on who is more powerful. Darth Revan or Darth Sidious and who would win in a fight? Personaly my money goes on Revan for several reasons. (note according to Lucasfilms Revan was a man sorry to any female fans out there) Sorry for my bad spelling!

1. He defeated Mandalor who was one of the greatest warriors in the galaxy.

2. He was a master tactiction and brilliant military leader.

3. He was one of the most accomplished duelists of the time equaled(not rivaled) only by Malak.

4. He was one of the Ancient Sith Lords.

5. He amassed a force of Jedi under one banner to defeat the Mandalorian threat.

6. He is considered by many (not all) to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time.

7. While Sidious was powerful and was the one to take over the Old Republic you must understand that Papaltine was very good at political maneuvering. Revan was also a skilled politian yet a warrior at the same time.

8. Revan would have conquered the Old Republic had Malak not betrayed him.

9. Just because Sidious could use Force Lightning does not mean crap. When he nearly killed Luke on the second Death Star it was only becasuse Luke being the idiot he was threw down his lightsaber and stood there like a fool. Revan could use Force Lightning just as well as any other Sith better even.

10. Revan was a master of both the Dark and Light sides.

11. Revan's will was so strong that he resisted the corruption of the Dark Side was still able to master and wield it just as well as any Sith.

12. Plus he just kicks ass.

Vanquish
Are you trying to convince yourself or?.....

Darth Abominus
<<He is considered by many (not all) to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time.>>

i agree that revan is incredibly powerful and would be one of the elite, but certainly not the best sith lord there ever was.

Darth_Glentract
Sorry, I'm not one to welcome with open arms.

I'm not trying to sound really rude. Or am I? These are just some suggestions.

BEFORE you post, try cheching if that fight has been done before.

Dont let your number of started threads equal more than a tenth of your total number of posts. Dont go spamming just to get this number up.

Well, I guess that's it.

Anyway, Revan beats Sidious' face into the ground.

Darth_Glentract
Dipsit should be along any moment now to be all nice.

Darth L. Dipsit
Good call. I think the thread was well-meant. However, it does seem slightly imbalanced (although I never have seen this fight before, but Glentract's been here longer, so he would know better than I - take his word for it). Revan, though not the greatest, is better than Sidious.

And welcome, Mr. Dragon, sir. And Glentract will be accept you soon. He has a very respectable attribute of try before trust that sometimes may appear excessively harsh to a newcomer. However, I think you'll find he's a good guy.

DarthMandalore
perhaps i voted wrongly.... i had forgotten what Lord Revan can do...

Fishy
Revan would own Sidious

Kun-ni Habeo
revan wuld wup his @$$ but i expect Jack to come and defend Sids

Darth_DaNThEMaN
first of all, thats not my name any more KunT-ni.....second of all, ur right. Sidious would fry revan while cackaling, and singing henry the 8th.
then he'd enjoy a pint at the pub with Lando and Maul's upper half.

Bobafetty
This thread sucks crap. Dragon think before you post.

Kun-ni Habeo
Sidious wuldnt laste more than 5 minutes Jack u know it,,ignorance is bad

Bobafetty
True. Sure Revan's overrated but he can kill Sidious easy

Gryn Jabar
Didn't you just say that Revan sucked?

starwarsfreak34
Reven would probably convert Sidious. i would know having played both KOTOR games hundreds of times

Kun-ni Habeo
convert him where?LS?never

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Didn't you just say that Revan sucked?
No, I said this thread sucks.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
if revan won(he wouldnt) but if he did, sidious would whip that ass, and last more than 5 minutes.

Kun-ni Habeo
revan wuold whip sidious

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
if revan won(he wouldnt) but if he did, sidious would whip that ass, and last more than 5 minutes.
What? Sorry, but that probably the worst post you've ever made. Please clarify it.

sasee tiin
I have to agree with Dan, at least a bit...
Why does everyone think sidious can't fight?? In ROTS we see that he is equal to Yoda in both light saber and force abilities, and Yoda was (my opinion) the second most powerful Jedi ever!
Revan might very well win, but it would have been a close fight!!

Fishy
He wasn't equal to Yoda in a lightsaber fight, Yoda does not strike fast thats why he didn't kill Dooku. If he was equal to Yoda in lightsaber and force he wouldn't have ran away and constantly tried to get the high ground, he's a smart bastard but nothing compared to Revan in fighting ability. Or the force for that matter.

Anakin could have thrown those pods, the only impressive thing was his lightning and Yoda blocked that.

sasee tiin
He NEVER run, and he climbed to a high ground ONCE, which not really proove anything...
Don't misunderstand me, i like Yoda a thousend times more, but the fact is that Sidious is never even close to loosing until the very end.
the light saber battle was never finished, but we still never saw Yoda getting an advantage.
Im not saying Sdious owns Yoda, i think they are equal in most abilities.

I would give Yoda a chance against Revan, and therefore also Sidious have a (small) chance

Fishy
He never ran? Yoda pushed Sidious over a chair and Sidious tried to run.

Finding the high ground although smart still means to me that he knew he wasn't able to defeat Yoda fairly.. And he had all the time in the world clone troopers would come soon so he didn't have to hurry up the fight. There was no reason for him to run away at first and then seek the high ground except for the fact that he was weaker.

Kun-ni Habeo
in a fair fight yoda would own him

Darth Abominus
Originally posted by sasee tiin
He NEVER run

yes he did.

sasee tiin
he makes a jump trying toescape, thats true, even though i woldnt call it run.....sorry anyway. I thought of the fight, which i personally considered started when they rose their light sabers.

anyway, (even though i hate defend sidious, but it is needed) why does people complain about an unfair fight?
i cannot see anything else than the fact that Yoda had to hurry a little bit, affecting the fight......can anyone tell me what was unfair??

Fishy
Unfair depends on how you look at it.

Did Sidious cheat? No, did Sidious break rules? No, Did Sidious play smart? Yes.

So its not unfair if you look at it like that however

Did Sidious face Yoda on equal grounds? No.

Meaning that the fight had an unfair advantage to Sidious because he choose the higher ground, is there something wrong with that? No of course not but its not a good measurement of strength between the two.

sasee tiin
well said, but remeber: Yoda jumped down, which was really stupid!!!

but still we see some fair (at least i think so.....) lightsaber combat between the two of them, and yoda didn't manage to take him down...
i agree that yoda would win a fight in a locked, empty room (which rarely happens...) but even there it would take looooong time....

Fishy
Yoda only jumped down once from what I remember and that was to avoid a pod. Keep in mind he had his lightsaber activated then, a few seconds later he deactivated it and then started throwing every Sidious had back in Sidious his face. And yeah a empty room hardly ever happens, but something else would have been a lot better. Something were Sidious couldn't have thrown a thousand things at him in seconds.

sasee tiin
afraid you don't remember exactly what happened. After seeing anakin vs obi wan, we are taken back to the yoda- sidious, just in time to see yoda jumping down from where they earlier stood. i understand that you didn't get that.
but, the fact that Yoda throw back/ jump away from what sidious throw, does only proove him equal, not better.

Nai Fohl
afraid you don't remember exactly what happened. After seeing anakin vs obi wan, we are taken back to the yoda- sidious, just in time to see yoda jumping down from where they earlier stood. i understand that you didn't get that.
but, the fact that Yoda throw back/ jump away from what sidious throw, does only proove him equal, not better.

Sidious tried to run away after Yoda had force pushed him across the room. Yoda even cuts Sidious escape way and asks him why he wants to leave if he is so powerful. Sidious is afraid of the idea that he has to face Yoda in direct combat.

And we see that Sidious always has the advantage on his side:
- during the lightsaber combat he stands in the middle of the pod while Yoda has to jump around outside. Fair ? No...
- then he has the higher ground and throws things down while Yoda throws things up. Yoda can catch a pod that Sidious throws down on him while Sidious can't catch one that Yoda throws up at him.

In any situation he has the advantage and is not able to defeat Yoda. Logically that means Sidious + advantage = Yoda and folowing that logic Sidious without advantage < Yoda. In a fight where non of them can take any advantage because of the fighting area Yoda will kill Sidious.

sasee tiin
yeah, but it woul certainly take a loooong time even in an empty room.

sasee tiin
sidious is almost (VERY little difference) as powerful as Yoda in all kinds of abilities

Fishy
He is still weaker, one other thing

"but, the fact that Yoda throw back/ jump away from what sidious throw, does only proove him equal, not better."

Imagine you throwing a 50 kilo bag or something, its not that hard to do. Now imagine getting that bag thrown at you catching it and returning it. Now thats pretty hard to do. Yoda does it.

He's not leagues above Sidious otherwise he would still have won, but he's still beter then him.

Nai Fohl
Good point, Fishy.

Yoda is obviously > Sidious. But I can't get why this is even discussed here. The topic is Revan vs Sidious and I realy won't doubt that Sidious is getting owned here.

Revan is:
- the better swordsman
- has more force powers
- can use light and dark side abilities

He could throw everything from Sidious right back in Sidious face and kill him with his forcepowers or just kick the old mans ass badly in lightsaber combat. No chance for Sidious here.

Darth Somebody
Fishy. Nai.

Yoda is widely considered to be the wisest, most revered, and most powerful Jedi Master. I can agree. He was certainly wiser and smarter than Luke could ever hope to be (and that's saying something).

But I will disagree with your thoughts on Palpatine. Palpatine, as you have implied, was SMARTER than Yoda. Yes. I think we can all agree. In a battle of wits - Palpatine would kick ANYONE's ass in the movies and would be one of the best in the EU.

Palpatine was an excellent duelist. See Jedi Masters are the equal to a Sith Lord. I don't think Yoda could kill three Dooku's or three Mauls or three Grievous's (he's not a Sith Lord, I know) in three seconds. Palpatine kills three Jedi Masters - who are considered to be three of the best duelists that the Order ever produced - in three seconds. I can agree. Yoda is better. But sure as hell not by leagues - otherwise Yoda would've owned Sidious. Which he didn't. I don't recall Palpatine dying. So...

Palpatine's mastery of the Force is EASILY equal to Yoda's. Yoda's gift at foresight is the greatest amongst his colleagues - but this pales in comparison to Palpatine's - otherwise he would've seen Palps to actually be Sidious.

Palpatine - in combat - is much more clever than Yoda. He used his environment to his advantage. Like everything, Palpatine controlled the majority of the fight. I put emphasis on majority. Palps didn't come out of this unscathed - and he didn't dominate the entire fight. Palpatine orchestrated the fight to where he believed he'd have the advantage. He gained the higher ground - and threw the pods. He kept distance from himself and Yoda. If one has the advantage, one should take it.

You all need to read the book "Art of War". It would educate you. The Sith aren't honorable. Palpatine didn't break a single rule.

Darth Somebody
Revan and Palpatine are actually quite alike - as well. Both tend to fight like the Art of War suggests. They are true fighters. Honor is a myth. In the real world - if a soldier is having a fight to the death with another soldier of an opposing nation - he will do anything to win. Cheating does not exist in war. If you all would manage to look over this pointless argument that Palpatine is clearly weak, you'd all see.

On the otherhand. Revan had tendancies to go to the extreme. He was certainly a powerful warlord. I'd rather have Revan lead a war than Palpatine. BUT. If I wanted to take control of the galaxy - like Revan wanted to - I'd adapt Palpatine's methods - which were obviously superior to Revan's.

In a war: Revan. In the overall grand scheme: Palpatine.

In a fight, we don't know who would win. You're basing things off of of video game fight scenes and cut scenes. During Star Wars video games - if you get hit by an opponents lightsabre - you don't lose a limb or die like in the movies. So. As you can see, to compare video games to the movies are stupid.

If Revan were in a Star Wars movie - I guarentee you that he wouldn't have the power to withstand bombardments from a lightsabre - like he does in the video games. Think about that. smile

General Zodiac
Have you ever heard the tail of Darth Plagueis the Wise. A Sith so strong in the darkside he was able to cheat death and keep people from dieing. Darth Plagueis taught his student everything he knew but then he was killed by his student in his sleep. Do you know who was Plagueis's student? Darth Sidious. Sidious would have defeated Revan using the supreme knowledge and power from his master's teachings.

Darth Somebody
General, I like Palpatine better than Revan. But both have their skills. Namely, Revan was overall a better military tactition than Palpatine. He was feared - like Palpatine - and conquered in a time when the Republic warred. However. He - like Palpatine in the end - failed.

Palpatine was a master manipulator - far greater than Revan. The times changed. Peace was restored. The Republic's military was weak because they controlled the galaxy. It was a time of peace. In truth - Palpatine actually orchestrated everything - and led the galaxy back to a time that Revan fought. Revan fought in a war-torn galaxy. So did Palpatine. But in a different way.

They're both powerful. Revan was probably more powerful - but Palpatine's methods and accomplishments were probably greater than Revan's.

Darth Somebody
I don't know if this counts, but Wikipedia, the world's largest online encyclopedia, states that Revan was "one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history" but it also states in Palpatine's entry (which is VERY large) that "...Darth Sidious, the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith, was finally dead."

Both entries detail how powerful the other was. Both mention that Revan and Palpatine were very similar, very great, and very powerful. But Revan is probably the strongest of the two and Palpatine's probably the greater (greatness doesn't always mean strongest) of the two.

Darth_Malazia
Yeah but if they were to meet and really fight but if I repeat IF it was a draw then why don't they just join forces and with the empire and the Star Forge Unlimitied army could rule the entire galaxy (and with imortalaty provided by Palpatine) for centuries, but i'm getting of the subject but surely it would be a close battle but Revan would win.

Serra_Keto
My vote goes to Revan.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
But I will disagree with your thoughts on Palpatine. Palpatine, as you have implied, was SMARTER than Yoda. Yes. I think we can all agree. In a battle of wits - Palpatine would kick ANYONE's ass in the movies and would be one of the best in the EU.

No...he wasn't smater than Yoda.
At least Yoda was the one to destroy him. Yoda knew that the Chosen One would be the one to destroy the Sith. And with all his actions and decissions in RotS he is the one that ultimately destroyed Sidious.

- he knew that Anakin is the one that must destroy the Sith
- meaning: Anakin has to stay alive to fulfill the prophecy (and Sidious must too, since their has to be someone that can be destroyed)
- Yoda sends Obi-Wan to Mustafar alone knowing that Obi-Wan probably won't be able to kill Anakin (he could have gone there on his own or go there together with Obi-Wan; or go and face Sidious with Obi-Wan...in all that possibilities there would have been only one Sith Lord left)

And then look at what Yoda did in the OT movies:
- he gave Luke the reasons to conquer his fear and face Vader (rescue his father, protect his sister)
- he gave Anakin/Vader the only possible reason (love for his own children) to betray his master thereby fulfilling the prophecy in the end.

So it's Yoda outsmarting Sidious in the end.

Erm...please...
The only "real" good swordfighters in the order on this time were Yoda, Mace and Obi-Wan (and Anakin). The rest is just lightsaber wielding lame asses. Look how they did fight on Geonosis. Look in what pathetic ways they get killed when Sidious gives order 66 to his clones. And please don't even compare Yoda, Mace, Dooku or Maul to people like Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar. They are totaly out of their league when they faced Sidious. And Sidious launched some surprise attack on them.
Imagine Dooku, Maul and Sidious walk around somewhere. Yoda meets them and they don't know about Yoda having a lightsaber and his force powers. Than Yoda says: "Hey. Lower your head you must so that understand me you can." They do so and get beheaded all with a single strike. Would you call Yoda godlike in that case ?

No...he would not because Sidious is just a big hole in the force seeming like anybody else. What should foresight do about that ? And Sidious still choose to run away when he had the choice to fight Yoda in a "fair" match or just run away.

Sidious controlled the fight ? Sidious orchestrated the fight ? Ok...Did you see the same film I have seen or do you have NO idea about swordfighting ? He got his ass kicked badly by Yoda. He's fighting unfair, Yoda is fighting fair and still he nearly got owned by Yoda. He didn't come out of that alive because he was clever. He came out of that alive because he was a lucky SOB - nothing more.

Sidious did almost lose two times to people that were fighting honorable (Mace and Yoda) and both times he just had LUCK on his side. Being without honor he should have killed them easily on his own. He wasn't able to do so...now think about how "great" he realy is.

sasee tiin
I think you complain to much about how "unfair" Sidious fought, Nai Fohl.
Remember, when fighting for your life you don't think of fair and unfair.
Even not Yoda would do that.
Do you remember sidious laughed through much of the fight? Of course he had an advantage but anyway....
during the lightsaber fight we saw Yoda superior to Sidious, but unfortunately for Yoda, it didn't last that long. For the rest of the fight they were pretty equal.

Darth Teeron
The Truth is told it is.

Fishy
I think you complain to much about how "unfair" Sidious fought, Nai Fohl.
Remember, when fighting for your life you don't think of fair and unfair.
Even not Yoda would do that.
Do you remember sidious laughed through much of the fight? Of course he had an advantage but anyway....
during the lightsaber fight we saw Yoda superior to Sidious, but unfortunately for Yoda, it didn't last that long. For the rest of the fight they were pretty equal.

The fight went equal for the rest of the time, well mostly but it was clear that Yoda was superior even when Sidious was launching pods at him.

Darth Somebody
Nai, you made some good points. And then you're just pitiful in others. You're trying to excuse the very fact that Sidious's triumphs over the Jedi were based on luck.

For example. You said the rest of the Jedi - other than Mace or Yoda - were pathetic with a lightsabre. You obviously say this because they were the only two to ever last more than five seconds against Sidious. It is also clear that you dismiss their abilities because you believe Sidious to be weak, and yet he triumphed over them.

Palpatine's powers of forsight are NOT perfect. But they are greater than Yoda's. Palpatine is an anomaly - it is through his presence that the Dark Side of the Force so easily clouded the sight of the Jedi. Palpatine is a master manipulator. His skills are quite far beyond all of the other politicians - as well as his tactical abilities are beyond Yoda and Mace.

It is up to speculation whether or not Mace defeated Palpatine in combat or vice versa. I suppose you can look to it that they won the battles, but Palpatine won the war. Regardless - you cannot excuse the fact that
Yoda lost. I'm certain that had things landed in Yoda's favor, you would not be dismissing his victory on luck. You're biased. Painfully so.

Yoda is a VERY powerful figure. His lightsabre skills are probably better than Palpatine's - despite the fact that I've seen in the Making of Star Wars book that Rick McCallum gives Yoda and Palpatine both TEN on his lightsabre scale. That means that they are on the same level. But Yoda has centuries of experience that Palpatine does not - which is understandable why his skills might be inferior to Yoda's. But he kept up with him is my point.

Yoda could never easily crush Palpatine. Nor vice versa. Palpatine was smarter - which is why he survived. Yoda was patient and thoughtful which is why he knew he had to escape from Palpatine to train Luke. In that moment, Palpatine won. No disputes. In the end - Yoda's will was done. But only through Luke.

Darth Somebody
Kit Fisto and the others were there for a reason. They were made up to be powerful, formidable figures. But they were also killed so easily to prove how powerful the Sith are. They wanted it made clear how dangerous and menacing Palpatine/Sidious was. Not only was he clearly the master manipulator and puppet-master of all of the Jedi's modern failures - but he's also pretty tough in a fight.

But back on topic. Revan could probably defeat Palpatine and Yoda in combat. Not both at the same time, but one on one. In terms of greatness - Palpatine was superior to Revan. Revan did not take control of his greatest enemies. Think about it. The Jedi were under the very control of the Dark Lord of The Sith. Revan was brilliant in combat and in tactics. But overall - in sheer greatness and accomplishments - it would have to be Palpatine.

But in an actual FIGHT - I'd have to say Revan. He had years of experience in combat - where Palpatine could not (he was Chancellor afterall. He holding a lightsaber would be very questionable). He was also pretty strong in The Force, like Palpatine.

Darth Somebody
Oh. And I will now use a quote of Fishy's to help support my ideas. On the thread "Darth Sidious vs. Luke", one of the members made a comment that in a video game, the character was able to get slashed repeatedly and get shot repeatedly as well. And yet he still survived. To this, Fishy replied:

"Its called scripting...

And an over powered game he sure as hell couldn't do that against a real Jedi or Sith"

Now. Revan is powerful. But all you have is quotes from game characters to actually prove this. Kreia - to my knowledge - does not detail all of his battles. And if you go by in-game combat, just read about my quote above. Thanks! big grin

Nai Fohl
For example. You said the rest of the Jedi - other than Mace or Yoda - were pathetic with a lightsabre. You obviously say this because they were the only two to ever last more than five seconds against Sidious. It is also clear that you dismiss their abilities because you believe Sidious to be weak, and yet he triumphed over them.

I don't say Palpatine is weak and I don't say that people are weak. I just said that the fighting abilities of people like Tiin, Kolar or Fisto is NOTHING compared to Mace or Yoda. Hell...Yoda had 850 years of lightsaber training and Mace invented his own fighting style at the age of 12. How do you want to compare them to Kolar, Fisto and Tiin ?

Oh yes. Great forsight abilities.
In TPM he isn't even able to predict that Valorum would send Jedi (Obi-Wan and Qui-gon) to end the blockade on Naboo - when their mission would have been sucessful his plans would have been destroyed during TPM. He was lucky...There are so many situations in which only luck saves Palpatines plans. And it's quite easy to be a good politician when you are a force user.

Oh please...
Did Sidious/Palpatines empire survived at the end ? No. What was reason for his downfall...oh...YODAs last apprentice. So who did win the war in the end ? Ups...
And you can tell that Sidious lost to Mace. Please...he threw so much force power at Mace that his body started to collapse...he couldn't go past that point and still Mace is about to kill him. So what ?

McCallum...wohoo...great source for information about swordfighting. You should better search for a statement of Lucas or at least Gillard to tell you who is the better fighter. Oh...wait: Lucas just said that Palpatine was only able to win against Mace / Yoda because of the circumstances - so not because of his superior skill.

Imagine Mace would have gone to Sidious alone. Would the fight have been any different ? No. Kit Fisto and the others are obviously only there to get killed - nothing more. Otherwise Anakin would have had to kill them during his assault on the Jedi temple. I won't give him a chance to kill Fisto, Tiin and Kolar at once when they knew he was coming. Sidious suprised them - as I said: Nothing that has to do with "skill" actualy. He just got lucky there.

Darth_Frobo
Revan owns sidious blindfolded, he has much more force knowledge and is much better with a lightsaber, has accomplished more and is a better tactician than sids which means that if anyone would give themselves an unfair advantage in this fight its Revan.

Darth Somebody
I said his forsight was NOT perfect - but better than Yoda's. Let's face it. If Yoda is the god that you're making him out to be, he would have seen Sidious for who he was. Palpatine. Must I remind you that Palpatine had met very frequently with multiple Jedi Masters and walked out of the room with no suspicion? Need I remind you that Palpatine's empire, according to the Star Wars databank is "the most powerful tyrannical regime". Revan had an empire too. It was tyrannical. Clearly Palpatine's empire was greater than Revan's. Need I also remind you that Palpatine was in control of the Jedi Order? Do think about that please. The Dark Lord of the Sith in control of not only the Republic - but basically had control over the Jedi Order - his worst enemies.

Revan did not have this power. Palpatine clouded the vision of the Jedi. Revan did not. Only at the end - when Palpatine made a direct move and had the Temple destroyed - did the Jedi finally see that Palpatine manipulated them ALL from the very beginning.

Palpatine did away with the Republic - something Revan could never do - and created the Galactic Empire. He controlled the galaxy. Revan did not.

So please stop making it sound like Yoda was smarter, stronger, and more powerful than Palpatine. This is a Revan vs Palpatine fight. And, to end this, need I remind you that Yoda NOR his apprentice destroyed the Empire.

You say that Yoda won in the end. Nope, he didn't. Not even Luke. The Empire signed a peace treaty with the Republic that ended the fighting so they could combat the Vong. Palpatine also was resurrected as a clone - took back the galaxy from the Republic - and seduced Luke to the Dark Side. It required TWO Skywalkers, the Jedi Order, Han Solo, and a Jedi who had to sacrifice himself to finally kill Palpatine.

Darth Somebody
As for the Revan and Palpatine fight, in direct combat, I'd go with Revan as the victor. In combat.

Fishy
About Revan never being able to destroy the republic...

If he would not have been attacked by Malak the republic would have been destroyed by the time of Kotor. The republic has said so itself, the Jedi have said so themselves. Revan was still fighting a war, a war Palpatine never even started. Palpatine was always on the winning side, really brilliant but not a test of strength something that Revan really wanted.

Darth_Frobo
I said his forsight was NOT perfect - but better than Yoda's. Let's face it. If Yoda is the god that you're making him out to be, he would have seen Sidious for who he was. Palpatine. Must I remind you that Palpatine had met very frequently with multiple Jedi Masters and walked out of the room with no suspicion? Need I remind you that Palpatine's empire, according to the Star Wars databank is "the most powerful tyrannical regime". Revan had an empire too. It was tyrannical. Clearly Palpatine's empire was greater than Revan's. Need I also remind you that Palpatine was in control of the Jedi Order? Do think about that please. The Dark Lord of the Sith in control of not only the Republic - but basically had control over the Jedi Order - his worst enemies.

Revan did not have this power. Palpatine clouded the vision of the Jedi. Revan did not. Only at the end - when Palpatine made a direct move and had the Temple destroyed - did the Jedi finally see that Palpatine manipulated them ALL from the very beginning.

Palpatine did away with the Republic - something Revan could never do - and created the Galactic Empire. He controlled the galaxy. Revan did not.

So please stop making it sound like Yoda was smarter, stronger, and more powerful than Palpatine. This is a Revan vs Palpatine fight. And, to end this, need I remind you that Yoda NOR his apprentice destroyed the Empire.

You say that Yoda won in the end. Nope, he didn't. Not even Luke. The Empire signed a peace treaty with the Republic that ended the fighting so they could combat the Vong. Palpatine also was resurrected as a clone - took back the galaxy from the Republic - and seduced Luke to the Dark Side. It required TWO Skywalkers, the Jedi Order, Han Solo, and a Jedi who had to sacrifice himself to finally kill Palpatine.
Revan did not try to conquer the republic, he just wanted to unite it to combat the sith, as for clouding the jedi councils view, why would he do that he has an infinite army with an undepleatable amount of ships droids and weapons? as well as the fact that he's quite possibly the greatest SW military tactician ever.

My opinion of the yoda vs. palpatine fight is simply that if yoda could have won he would have

A.Continued fighting
B.come back another day to finish the job

I still like yoda better but palps was at least equal to him, as for direct combat, Revans a better swordsman, better force user and better tactician so he wins it.

darthrevan89
It's incredible on how topics can change so fast in a single thread...anways my money is on Revan and that is personal opinion. What's also funny is that I am Dragon 89 the dude who started this post. And before you ask I forgot my password and had to make a new account, in fact I forgot I even had a username named Dragon 89 on this site. But in regards to my post I concede that I was wrong on some points and hope that I did not offend anyone.

Escape81
Yikes. Asides from being a horrible thread (ROTS Sidious would be destroyed, in my opinion), it also has a very bad Nai moment. Nai Fohl arguing Yoda was smarter than Sidious? Yeesh.

Ianus
Wow. Ye olde thread.

Ianus
And even more remarkable- I never once posted in it before tonight.

Veneficus
Ah! Please this thread is an embarrsement to me! I was in the height of Revan fanboyisim during this thread.

Escape81
This thread ought to be continued, for the sake of allowing the immense vestiges of fanboyism to be observed. Darth Somebody and Nai both made good points, but I'm surprised that they went as far as they did. Darth Somebody went out of his way to argue against Revan's Sith related accomplishments and his political skills. And then we have Nai who tried to argue that Sidious got lucky when he killed the Jedi Masters in his office and that Yoda is smarter than him.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Dragon 89
Ok I am starting a debate on who is more powerful. Darth Revan or Darth Sidious and who would win in a fight? Personaly my money goes on Revan for several reasons. (note according to Lucasfilms Revan was a man sorry to any female fans out there) Sorry for my bad spelling!

1. He defeated Mandalor who was one of the greatest warriors in the galaxy.

2. He was a master tactiction and brilliant military leader.

3. He was one of the most accomplished duelists of the time equaled(not rivaled) only by Malak.

4. He was one of the Ancient Sith Lords.

5. He amassed a force of Jedi under one banner to defeat the Mandalorian threat.

6. He is considered by many (not all) to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time.

7. While Sidious was powerful and was the one to take over the Old Republic you must understand that Papaltine was very good at political maneuvering. Revan was also a skilled politian yet a warrior at the same time.

8. Revan would have conquered the Old Republic had Malak not betrayed him.

9. Just because Sidious could use Force Lightning does not mean crap. When he nearly killed Luke on the second Death Star it was only becasuse Luke being the idiot he was threw down his lightsaber and stood there like a fool. Revan could use Force Lightning just as well as any other Sith better even.

10. Revan was a master of both the Dark and Light sides.

11. Revan's will was so strong that he resisted the corruption of the Dark Side was still able to master and wield it just as well as any Sith.

12. Plus he just kicks ass. I already did this.

Escape81
Originally posted by xyz jedi
I already did this.

This was done FAR before yours.

Veneficus
Originally posted by xyz jedi
I already did this.

Dude... I made this thread in March. (ignore the join date below my avatar its wrong. Instead of January it says June! Of all things.

overlord
Originally posted by Veneficus
Dude... I made this thread in March. (ignore the join date below my avatar its wrong. Instead of January it says June! Of all things. It's because you suddenly had another username or something wasn't it?

xyz jedi
Why do people still discuss this which was the original???

Veneficus
Originally posted by overlord
It's because you suddenly had another username or something wasn't it?

Yes so I think KMC's system got mixed up or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.