Exar Kun vs. NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMandalore
Who do you think would win?

Darth_Glentract
I think it would be an awsome fight to see. I know I will get flamed for this, but I think Exar Kun might win. In the games, he is said to be better than Revan, and he singl handedly fought off several hundred Jedi. The whole thing about killing an entire race is pretty cool also. Luke may pull through though.

Kun-ni Habeo
Luke

Fishy
Exar.. Wanna know why? Read the Revan VS exar thread and read every thing Darkstar posted there... It has tons of good reasons why Exar is incredible, even more so then Luke

Emperor Revan
Read the NJO Luke vs. Darth Revan thread, he gave more reasons for NJO Luke. As for what Glentract said, where the heck are you getting that "Exar was better in the games than Revan" A mandalorian said that the STORIES were something like that" and I think he was talking about Freedon anyway. That's hardly proof. IMO NJO Luke wins this thread.

TraptUnderIce
Exar is pure badass power and almost took out a younger Luke as a ghost so it would be pretty damn equal until Exar pulls something off and wins.

Darth_Otaku
i think Exar can win.Luke did beat him but Exar was a spirit and in the weaker body of Kyp Durron.Really Exar is just plain stronger with the Force.Or Luke will just use some freaky b1tchy rage attack.

DarthMandalore
yeah, i think it would be exar.

Fishy
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Read the NJO Luke vs. Darth Revan thread, he gave more reasons for NJO Luke. As for what Glentract said, where the heck are you getting that "Exar was better in the games than Revan" A mandalorian said that the STORIES were something like that" and I think he was talking about Freedon anyway. That's hardly proof. IMO NJO Luke wins this thread.

Right, but he didn't almost convince me NJO Luke would win there, he did make me doubt if Revan could beat Exar and right now I can't give a single good reason as to why he would win or why he would lose. I still think Revan would win from NJO Luke. So his arguments for Exar were a lot better IMO.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
LuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuKE.

Bobafetty
I agree with Dantheman

Kun-ni Habeo
Jack is right LUUUUUUUUUUUUKE pwn4g3

TraptUnderIce
Exar Kun is at least equally as strong as Luke maybe even stronger and it's going to be a tough fight with Exar winning.

Revan Darkstar
I have to say Exar here, but it would be very close, basically flip a coin. If you want to know why, go read all my posts on the Exar vs Revan thread.
By the way, Fishy and Emperor Revan, thanks for the compliments

Emperor Revan
Hey, you earned it. You know yer stuff.

Darth Plagues
NJO Luke Skywalker. Reasons? Read the New Jedi Order books. Read the arguents in NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Revan...the answers will become clear. Exar is powerful though...starwars

Bobafetty
yes he is.

Nai Fohl
I think the main problem of the "versus" topics is NJO Luke is realy very much overpowered. Not without reason as I mentioned in the Revan vs NJO Luke thread

NJO Luke is just a mixer aimed with lightsabers (hard to develop decent swordsmanship against that) and a maelstrom when it comes to force powers. Unstopable, invincible and unfair. He's not god, he is not immortal. In a one-vs-one situation he is pretty much close to both things. Only 1vs1 situation I would say NJO Luke won't come out alive is a battle vs Ragnos.

To give reasons in a fight against Exar:

- Luke uses 2 lightsabers and it's quite hard to fight 2 weapons that are wield by a single person when you use something like a double bladed lightsaber
- the hilt of a double bladed lightsaber is a nice target to hit (remember Obi-Wan vs Maul in TPM)
- Kun killed thousand of Massasi with a Sith ritual with powers chanalized through the Sith temples the build on Yavin 4. Luke could kill thousand of Yuuzhan Vong in combat

Actually you can do it like that. In the whole Sith order beginning with Ragnos the power held by a single Dark Lord became less and less. That would be:

Ragnos > Naga Sadow (trained by Ragnos) > Freedon Nadd (trained by Naga Sadow) > Exar Kun (trained by Freedon Nadd). I know some people would argue that since Exar Kun destroyed Nadds spirit and Nadd defeated Sadow. But they all never learned everything from their former masters. That is the problem of the Sith Order. They get weaker and weaker with every "generation" because they always slay their masters before having learned everything from them. That is also part of the movies. Sidious killed his master and never learned all of his masters powers (if the story is true).

Keeping that in mind and the oppinion that Ragnos with his knowledge, power and swordfighting abilities is a match for Luke I can only say that Exar Kun will lose here since there are at least two or three steps of "losing knowledge" from Ragnos to Exar.

ImmortalOne
LUKE !!!
LUKE !!!
LUKE !!!

Bobafetty
give reasons

Bobafetty
oops sorry didn't read that other post

Crazymaniac
NJO Luke

TraptUnderIce
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
- Luke uses 2 lightsabers and it's quite hard to fight 2 weapons that are wield by a single person when you use something like a double bladed lightsaber
- the hilt of a double bladed lightsaber is a nice target to hit (remember Obi-Wan vs Maul in TPM)
- Kun killed thousand of Massasi with a Sith ritual with powers chanalized through the Sith temples the build on Yavin 4. Luke could kill thousand of Yuuzhan Vong in combat
I guess Luke used two sabers in TUF because I never heard about that before then. As for Kun's saber, it's hilt was smaller than Maul's. I wish I had a picture in hand but it's seen in the comics. You're right though Luke is overpowered and so is Revan and Katarn. Luke has been built up by many authors to be quite strong which I can believe because of the whole son of the chosen one. He is sort of making up for Anakin's failure.

As for Revan and Katarn's strength, it's all bullshit that the game developers didn't look ahead when they were making the games. They weren't authors and they shouldn't have been telling the stories. Now you have overpowered characters because the developers wanted their character to be the coolest. mad

Kun-ni Habeo
Revan IS the coolest and still if he werent overpowered(i admi it hes a little bit overpowered)he would be one of the strongest sith

Darth_DaNThEMaN
wuit calling me jack, kunT-ni, i obviously have a new name bud!

Darth Plagues
1) Luke was able to charge through the entire Yuuzhan Vong HQ, basically on his own (yes Jacen and Jaina were with him, but it says in TUF that they did almost no work). Since this is the place where the YV leader is, there would be thousands of Vong, maybe even 10 000 or more, yet Luke wasted them all.

2) After doing that, he faced off against 7 or 8 slayers, can't remember which, either way it is impressive, Kyp who is supposedly very powerful could not even take one and he landed dozens of hits. Yet Luke was able to kill them with one hit, that means he is either exceptionally strong, or he was powering his weapon with the force.

3) Then he defeated the Supreme Overlord, who on his own would be a match for many jedi.

4) In the final YV battle, Luke used an unknown power, to instantly kill a slayer. It is described as being like green sparks. Jaina also describes him as being like the centre of the force. The force flowing through him, he was like a malestrom of force energy, unstoppable. Jaina also described him as being calm and focused, and his blade with like 10 or 20, all moving at the same time, with one purpose.

5) Luke was also able to manipulate black holes and gravity.

6) Luke was also able to knock down AT-AT's like they were nothing, he could also destroy entire armies with the force.

7) In the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke removed an entire planet from view using the force, he said it should last indefinently. He was also able to make himself invisible and unable to be sensed through the force. Also in the Black Fleet Crisis Luke rebuilt Vader's old fortress, he also made it invisible. He did all this with out being sensed through the force, and this is on Courscant.

8) Luke also trained underneath the clone emperor, so he would know about the sith as well as the jedi. Luke also defeated the Emperor's force storm, which was massive and able to destroy ships. Orignally posted by Revan DarkStar

Here are some reason Luke would prevail.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Luke is a hard-as$.

Kun-ni Habeo
i dont mind calling me kunT-ni jack

TraptUnderIce
When did Luke knock down an AT-AT?

Lord Mader
Luke u dipshits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.