Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
So begins the second phase of the tournament...

stormfront13

"Hurricane"

binary-powers/body
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers

Bloodstorm
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/red_rain

Zatanna
http://www.unstable.com/whoswho/zatanna.htm

Binary
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop....php?entryID=90

vs

Longpig

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr Strange
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=223

Flash (Barry)
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=flash2

Absorbing Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...y.php?entryID=2

The battle takes place in the Realm of Madness
http://www.marveldirectory.com/otherdimensions/realmofmadness.htm

The participants amalgams retain previous knowledge from their last battles and may use it in this battle in addition they have exactly one hour to prepare for the battle while dealing with the effects of the battlefield.

K Von Doom
The battlefield might be more of a factor in this fight than in the previous rounds.

long pig
BIG SEXY IS READY TO FIGHTTTTT!

Seeing that our physical bodies are nearly equal(you may possibly be stronger, i doubt it), so this is going to come down to a battle of magic. big grin big grin and we know from Zantanas own profile that she isn't even the top earth magician.

-PREP-
During the hour of prep, I conjure up the Eye of Agamotto to protect me from any illusions or mental attacks.

I use my absorbing man powers to turn into iron, then to add further protection against any physical attack, I cast a spell that takes deep concentration and time to work(if I do it, it has to be done here while i have prep and nothing else to worry about), called the Triple Shield of Protection( DS #32).
Three times more durable and strong than the shield that took hits from Death and Galactus.

Strange has shown the ability many times to creat powerful illusions, the limit to how many is unknown, so 10 will do.
Each one of these illusions have small ammounts of telepathic/hypnotic/magical power and can think independantly or be programmed to attack/engage.

Done preparing, and wait for the bell or whatever.
-END PREP-

First battle tactic:
As soon as the bell rings, I rush aside at near light speed and allow the identical illusions surge forth attacking at will, using each of their small amount of telepathy on BS, keeping her occupied....

I have no reason to attack her physically, if I did, there is a chance of being harmed or overpowered.

So I go for her mind's weakpoint, Concentration.

I cast the confusing Spell of Forgetfulness to confuse her mind, partially making her forget what she is here for in the first place, then, with help from the Eye of Agamotto I attack her mind, confusing her more, giving her false views of the landscape and slowing her mental down considerably.

As soon as I have her mind in a puzzle so thick she can't get out of, and too busy concentrating on where she is and fighting the illusions to put out any type of spell or energy blast... I allow the bands to overcome her and cast Fungol Thopa that will drain away her life force as well as her magical power .

Remember.
Any reality warping BS can possibly do, I can un-do or make myselfand the illusions immune to it.
Strange protected himself and his team twice from the reality warping power of the Infinity Gauntlet, once he even un-did the reality that Adam Warlock w/IG created.

long pig
That's my first tactic, just basically going for the incapacitation count.

The illusions on the landscape and fear based illusions will not effect my mind, due to the E.O.A.

long pig
http://img99.echo.cx/img99/9060/strange148ak.png
Two small gestures keep Strange and his team immune to the reality warping effects of the IG, Zatanna's reality warping power, if it exists at all, are not remotely near the scale of the IG.

long pig
Second tactic, if the last one is too boring and cheap.

During prep:
Conjure the EOA.

Caste the Triple Sheild.

Caste the multiple illustions.

Caste the bands, touch them, and absorb the properties of it, making me invulnerable to any attack, and infinitly strong (I figure this because of how strong the bands are, i.e they can be used to break out of certian unbreakable things. AM can handle it, he's absorbed Mjolnir before).

Fight Begins:

I fly at BloodStorm at light speed, blasting magic bolts that have K.O'd Galactus and knocked Death itself on her ass.

When I get into close enough range, I attack her in her weakend state, negate any magic thrown at me, and hand to hand fight her with my superior martial arts skill and reflexes.
And snap her neck or incapacitate her or make her tap out using pressure points.

That's just a summary, I won't use that tactic unless I need to.
Right now, I'm sticking to my first tactic.

My third tactic...........is so cheap, and so effective.....I'm saving it for someone else... evil face

Scoobless
realm of f**kin' madness?

lol

you just know that was invented after a Marvel writer took some bad acid

fear

DigiMark007
Hey, we started again!

Nice strategy lp. Stormfront shocked the pants off me (get that smile off your faces) the first round by making some good arguments with what I originally thought was a weak amalgam. He's got some work cut out for him here, but I'm interested to see what he says.

-DM

P.S. Hmmm....now Scoob, Khell, and I get to wonder...I think I'll just make 2 write-ups. It'll make it easier.

P.P.S. I hope the battle settings keep getting crazier. The Madness Realm is cool.

AngelGirl
does any one no any good websites

Dizzle
Well... that seems kinda vague...

stormfront13
well, we both know this won't come down to a battle of trying to defeat each other with magic, or at least it shouldn't because our characters would stalemate. according to wizard zatanna and strange are two of the most powerful sorcerers in comics, there were a few more but i can't remember them. k heres my battle plan.

PREP:

during prep i work on using storms powers(aaren't very hard to control, storm was flying when she first got her powers). i quickly find that they are affected by my emotions. i do some simple stuff like lightning and tornados. then i try freezing things which works very well for me. then i try some more fine attuned attacks, like create minature tornados, and create storms in the palm of my hand, chain lightning and stuff of that calibre. now i seem to have very, very good control over the weather, andkeep in mind my weather powers are better than thors. in the last 10 minutes of prep i focus on some spells, incantations and stuff like that. i think of spells that i could use and stuff like that. in the last minute of prep i create a two-way portal right in front of me so that anything that tries to hit me will go through the portal.

zatannas natural abilities are to manipulate and control magic, that is how she is able to do what she does. zatanna is naturally magical and can adapt easily to magic. she ia a magical being, her race is a group of magical people the homo magi(i think). hurting me with magic will be very hard. and zatanna is a very accomplished telepath herself, she mind-wpied batman and rewrote his memories. also storms powers make her naturally resistant to psionic attack and I can create a lightning field that will scramble your incoming psionic attack. even storm with her normal power levels was able to keep out emma frost, rachel grey, and even at one point xavier. now with my weather powers that even surpass thor it will be even tougher to get into my head. even if somehow you do get past my lightning field(more than likely won't happen) then you have my very powerful telepathic power to deal with. and storms powers will be able to go right through that field of yours. has happened on more than one account and now her powers are enhanced to much greater levels it will be no problem. once i am in there then all i have to do is electrify the air around you as storm did to x-cutioner in uncanny x-men #17. storm did it with mere ease and talked about it like it was nothing. it was so powerful the x-cuntioner couldn't take it and had to teleport away, he even had his forcefield up. once i electrify the air all i have to do is send a bolt in your head effectively shorting out the synapses in your brain as storm did to the hulk in cable #34.

stormfront13
also if you try to compete in pshyical battle it will be hard to defeat me because Bloodstorm was one of the 57 warriors to be forced into the Secret Wars tournament by the Beyonder. She fought through eight of her opponents, defeating Phoenix, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Poison Ivy, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Baron Zemo. and I have a question- bloodstorm had adamantium bonded to her, would that carry through to binary's body because it can be considered a power?

Scoobless
i'd say no to the adamantium if it's bonded to a body that you're not using

stormfront13
k, it was worth a shot

long pig
It most definatly will, and according to Zatannas own profile she isn't considered to be the best magician on earth, much less the universe, like Strange.

That's why I'm going to make it a magical battle.

Strange doesn't use -true- telepathy, he uses mesmirism, it has the same effects as telepathy, but doesn't rely on the same science( i.e EM fields) to work. It works off magic, and being backed by the EOA, it would make Strange more powerful mezmirism/telepath than Xavier.

Not happening, her lightning may get through a normal shield, or a science based shield, but it isn't getting past a trumped up magic shield. Galactus' own powers couldn't get through, Storm's isn't either.

Like I said, you aren't getting past my shield.

But, how are you do any of this while being telepathiclly attacked by me and magically/telepathiclly attacked by 10 other Strange's attacking you, how are you to know which one is the true strange?

You can't do any of this while being hit with blasts and telepathic assualts by 10 different Stranges, powerful spells that confuse you, and finally being wrapped up inside unbreakable bands.

Zatannas telepathic power's are easily easily trumped by the Eye, Strange's mind would cut through yours like butter.

CorderaMitchell
keeping it up eh.

long pig
Originally posted by stormfront13
also if you try to compete in pshyical battle it will be hard to defeat me because Bloodstorm was one of the 57 warriors to be forced into the Secret Wars tournament by the Beyonder

You only have her powers, not her body or her fighting experience.
Even if you did, Strange is a better fighter with countless thousands of years experience.

Your body is strong, and fast, but you can't break out of the bands while being as confused as you would be after being mind raped by 10 different alternate strange illusions.

These illusions have no connections to me, I don't control them, they think on their own, I need no concentration to keep them around.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by long pig
You can't do any of this while being hit with blasts and telepathic assualts by 10 different Stranges, powerful spells that confuse you, and finally being wrapped up inside unbreakable bands.

This strategy sounds familiar, Longpig smile

stormfront13
i don't get what your saying about the telepathy thing but zatanna's is magical based also. she is very powerful at using telepathy, and she gains an extra boost by using the lightning field. i could easily create duplicates of myself in prep time, but the rules stated that it is against the rules. and your trusting a web-site over people that write the wizard magazine?? they specifically said that zatanna and strange are both 2 of the most power sorcerers in comics. zatannas natural abilities are to manipulate and control magic, that is how she is able to do what she does. zatanna is naturally magical and can adapt easily to magic. she ia a magical being, her race is a group of magical people the homo magi(i think). hurting me with magic will be very hard. and i'm not breaking through your force field, i'm not even going to try. i'm going in the field which will be simple. i electrify the air in the field, one of the bolts goes through your brain shorting out all synapses in your brain. and your bands won't even touch me. and yeah i don't have storms expierence but i have her powers, and extra added abiities which make me stronger. by herself bloodstorm defeated Phoenix, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Poison Ivy, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Baron Zemo. she beat them, so could my character

long pig
This realm of madness, really would have no effect on either of us.
It only effects those who are already insane.

Dr strange has walked through it with no ill effects many times, and has thrown others in it.

check it out.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/realmofmadness.htm

stormfront13
yeah neither of us are really insane

stormfront13
ok, i'm going for the night, but i will say this- i can get inside his field even if it is skin tight(has happened before). i am not trying to break it, i am causing the field no harm. all i need to do is electrify the air around him(uncanny x-men # 17). i can direct it to his head, which willshort out ann the synapses in the brain taking him out of the fight. also he is made of iron and iron is a metal, soit will do damage. he can't really affect my telepathically or anything psionic because i have a lightning field up which kept out emma frost, rachel grey, and even xavier, now with my p[owers greatly enhanced it will be waaaay more affective. even if you do somehow manage to get past the field which will still be affecting you when you attack my mind you have zatannas own psionic defense to deal with. zatanna herself is a very powerful telepath. also by herself bloodstorm has defeated apocolypse, iron-man, phoenix and a few others. now with having more powers, and being a lot more powerful my character could defeat them also.

stormfront13
also bloodstorm is a very, very powerful sorceress herself. due tozatanna's heritage and powers she would have no trouble tapping into storms magical abilities

stormfront13
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/mutantxpage.bmp

^^that os bloodstorm being attacked by mutant-x strange and her being un affected by his powers, that would still apply here right? or at least a little? his magical abilities didn't affect her mist form

long pig
There is a difference between mezmirism and telepathy, they have the exact same effects, but are based on different things.
Telepathy can be effected by science, mezmirism is based on magic, and the EM fields Storm can use wouldn't effect magic.
Zatanna, at most is a mid-low level telepath, Strange is of the highest order when backed by EOA.

Duplicates are material, these are just illusions that have no physical.
Purely illusions.

Even Wizard lists Zatanna under Dr.Fate, and anyone can argue that Strange is above Fate.

Being a magical being doesn't protect you from magic assaults, Shuma Groth and Dormmamu were magical beings of the highest order and were easily hurt by magic.
Zatanna can manipulate HER own innate magic, she can't manipulate others.

Nothing gets through the shield, nothing.
Strange's normal shield has taken supernovas, attacks from Galactus, your lightning isn't going to even scratch the surface.

They have caught faster and more powerful opponets, they can materialize around you just as easy.
Especially while you are being effected by two different spells of confusion and forgetfulness, you can't fight off anything while you are so utterly confused.

Those are nothing compaired to actual gods who Strange has defeated on his own.
Strange himself could beat 99% of those at the same time.

You can't get through my sheild, you can't out run me or become stronger, you can't reshape reality to any manner i can't undo, you can't caste spells unless you can concentraite, and with my spells and illusions, you have no possible way to concentraite.

You get wrapped in the bands, you're confused and i keep you that way easily until i get a count out.

long pig
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/mutantxpage.bmp

^^that os bloodstorm being attacked by mutant-x strange and her being un affected by his powers, that would still apply here right? or at least a little? his magical abilities didn't affect her mist form

Mutan-x is alternate reality, has no hold in this debate.
And isn't that ManThing?

long pig
http://img265.echo.cx/img265/6862/strange106gv.png
This is the type of blast you will be hit by, and at light speed,
Is your Character more durable than Galactus? I think not.

One blast K.O'd big G', imagine 5 or six of those coming at you.

stormfront13
once again, i'm not doing anything to the forcefield. i know i can't break through the field. I AM NOT AFFECTING YOUR FORCEFIELD IN ANY WAY, NOT EVEN TOUCHING IT. and if they are illusions then i have the cosmic awareness and senses to tell which one is the real one, if they are just illusions. and the bands aren't getting to me in i have the 2-way portal around me as i have already stated that i will be bringing up during prep. and being under someone still doesn't make me any less powerful. and can you tell me where it says the eye ofamagotto gives you the power of mesmerism? because in everything i have read about it it says that it has the powers of telepathy, and telepathy is affected by em fields in the marvel universe. but still all zatanna does is have to think about it happening, it doesn't take that much concentration. with zatanna's powers she could make herself immune to telepathy if she wanted to.

Sentry
Damn, Strange is the man. Why was he ever allowed in this tourney... %%^#^$#@hole Strange.... Sorry longpig, I got a case of sour grapes.

stormfront13
once again those won't hit me with a force-field and the 2-way portal. and also g's weakness is magic, zatanna's strong point is magic

stormfront13
and that pic would apply to my character if she was unnaffected by magic. yes, that is man-thing in that pic, strange has his body

stormfront13
and if your illusions can hurt me pshyically then they aren;t illusions

long pig
You are trying to get through it by charging the particles in the air around it with electricity. Those particals can't pass through the shield.
Whatever electricity that tries to get through will simply bounce off.
Nothing gets through, not even molecules.

Cosmic awareness would be impossible to use here, especially since you don't have Binary's mind to comprehend the cosmic awareness.
To Zatanna, it'd just be an unknown feeling, litterally of no use because she doesn't understand it.

Firstly, the bands aren't effected by the gravity pull of a portal, and would materialize around your body, not around your area.
Secondly, those portals need concentration to keep around you, and you will have no concentration left after all my spells kick in.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.

Strange has mezmerism without it, the eye makes his mind many many many times more powerful.

i think it's here http://members.tripod.com/~ttjh/strangebio.html

She needs complete and utter concentration to caste spells, if she's taken by surprise, she can't cast them correctly.
All these spells keep you from thinking well enough to complete a spell.
Zatanna has never made herself immune to mental attack, if so, where?
She can't.

long pig
and if your illusions can hurt me pshyically then they aren;t illusions
They can't hurt you physically, they hurt you mentally, they all have telepathic powers.

Just remembered something really dumb and technical.
Zatanna uses Chaos magic right?
In the Marvel U, Chaos magic doesn't exist....and since this fight is happening in the marvel U, Zatanna wouldn't have any power at all.

big grin jk....but it did pop into my head....

long pig
http://img265.echo.cx/img265/9373/strange83qz.png
Death comes along, and says to Doc "Me kill Galactus and all! How do you like them apples!"

Doctor Strange, naturally, does not like them apples.

He's attacked by death itself, and her blast was dispelled....Storm's electricity isn't gettin through his shield.

Dizzle
They can't hurt you physically, they hurt you mentally, they all have telepathic powers.

Just remembered something really dumb and technical.
Zatanna uses Chaos magic right?
In the Marvel U, Chaos magic doesn't exist....and since this fight is happening in the marvel U, Zatanna wouldn't have any power at all.

big grin jk....but it did pop into my head....

Hey, if you're gonna get technical, if Strange can beat Galactus, there's no way he's below herald level...

long pig
Nah, only with a large ammount of prep is he above herald.

Batman took out Superman......but he's considered street level.
It's all got to do with circumstances.

And I was only kidding about the Chaos magic, I just thought it was funny big grin

stormfront13
but the shield ain't getting hurt here. if there is any air in the shield then it can be affected. even if the shield is skin tight, the inside can be affected. it will be like the shield isn't there for me. the inside can be affected because there is an enviroment in there. and anyform of mind-control or anything of that sort can be deflected by will, and determination. people have shrugged off the most powerful of telepaths, or mezmerists(not sure if that's right) because their will was string enough to keep them out. and besides as i have already said, i am bringing up a shield during prep. mosy forms of trying to hurt someone in their mind is unnaffected because of the shield. and that pic proves that one of myu charactersis very invulnerable to magic, making me have really good resistance to magic

DigiMark007
Still, even though Strange is apparently only above herald with lots of prep, I'll reiterate what Sentry said...how the %#$@ did Strange get in this tournament. Or Zatanna for that matter.

I still have a pretty big trump card to play if I fight lp, and I feel ready for either of these two, but still...

-DM

Dizzle
Storm's electricity isn't gettin through his shield.

I think he's saying that he can affect the inside of your shield without actually getting through it-He'd be manipulating stuff (air) inside the shield, rather than bringing death upon you from the outside. Though if there's nothing between the shield and Strange's body, don't really see how that would work...

DigiMark007
...sotrmfront argued that even it was skin-tight, she'd just manipulate the molecules in Strange's (or Absorbing Man's) body. longpig countered by saying that the shield is basically so tight not even molecules could pass through it...so unless Zatanna can use Bloodstorm's powers to do this remotely, without having direct access to inside the shield, it may or may not work.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...sotrmfront argued that even it was skin-tight, she'd just manipulate the molecules in Strange's (or Absorbing Man's) body. longpig countered by saying that the shield is basically so tight not even molecules could pass through it...so unless Zatanna can use Bloodstorm's powers to do this remotely, without having direct access to inside the shield, it may or may not work.

-DM

there would have to be some kind of psionic signal passing through the shield to manipulate anything inside it...... do the shields in question block psionics?

DigiMark007
Zatanna no doubt has some psionic power, but I have a feeling lp will say it'd block psionic control as well (unless Strange's psychic blocks are simply contained within him).

That said, it would also require a psionic manipulation of electricity...so we're talking more than just regular telepathy. With all that to consider, my initial tendency would be to believe that it's not likely to happen. SF has made some good arguments, but given everything I've heard, I'd say this one is a bit of a stretch.

-DM

Scoobless
Zatanna no doubt has some psionic power, but I have a feeling lp will say it'd block psionic control as well (unless Strange's psychic blocks are simply contained within him).

That said, it would also require a psionic manipulation of electricity...so we're talking more than just regular telepathy. With all that to consider, my initial tendency would be to believe that it's not likely to happen. SF has made some good arguments, but given everything I've heard, I'd say this one is a bit of a stretch.

-DM

i know that GL fields block psionics..... so it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the shield Strange considers to be his most powerful would keep them out as well

stormfront13
well once again i will bring up that unus tried to keep storm out by making his field skin-tight, and he failed. he was literally electrified out of his own field. and psionic blocking shields don't matter to storm. mags shield blocks psionic attack, so does jenas some times and storm had no difficulty going through theirs. also i have read that unus's field blocks telepathy, and she still got through even though it supposidly blocks psionic attack and was skin tight. there should be no reason that i can't get through this shield seeing as the shield won't even be affected or even touched. storm has even created storms in glass jars, and in ultimate she created one in icemans stomach. also i would like to point out that bloodstorm is able to use mesmerism as well, she has done it before(i will try to find the issue number) and the pic gave an example of how one of my characters is very invulnerable to magic, she even got so close that she was ready to bite him

stormfront13
and i don't really see how the force-field can be so tight that even molecules can't go through it because strange was the one casting the spell in the comics and he needs to breath. if the shield is really that tight then he wouldn't be able to breath

stormfront13
and ther bands won't help you much either-i'm not planning on moving much anyway, sure you can restrain me but it isn't going to help you any. i'm not going in for a pshyical match, all the powers i am using are activated by the mind, no movement needed. still, you don't have any defense against my electricity

K Von Doom
I'm not an expert on Storm but I was under the impression that the difference between her weather control powers and Thor's is that Thor can conjure a storm out of nowhere using magic whereas Storm has to 'psionically' relocate weather clouds that already exist so creating a storm in a jar or in someone's stomach is a bit weird.

long pig
It's basically magically bonded to my skin, nothing gets in, no air no nothing.

There is no inside, it's bonded to my iron skin, I dont breath in my Iron form....there IS NO AIR anywhere around me.

Zatannas very very very small amount of telepathic power is nothing compaired to Strange's telepathy backed by the Eye, The Shadow king couldn't shake it off.....The SHADOW KING>Prof X almost always.

Yes, STORM'S body may have that power, but unfortunatly you don't have STORM'S body, you have BINARY's.

Those magic herbs aren't going to help jack.

long pig
Strange can control his body to not need air for long periods of time, he fights in space for christ's sake......but that doesn't matter, i'm NOT using his body, Absorbing man's body doesn't need air or anything in iron form.

The bands ....don't need you to move, they materialize around you.
The won't be effected by any gravity pull of portal at all.
They won't need to pass through the portal....they just materialize around your body.

You don't seem to be taking into fact that you will be effected mentally by the illusions, effected mentally even more so by me.....be effected by the confusion spells.....
You will be barely awake after they kick in, you'll have zero concentration to cast any spells...no way around it.

You keep saying how you will use Storms ability, but you have only had 2 hours of prep with it......you can't possibly have mastered it.

Dizzle
Has Digi been second guessed? Find out next week, on... The Tournament that Never Ends!!!!!

EDIT: Next month. Sorry guys.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dizzle
Has Digi been second guessed? Find out next week, on... The Tournament that Never Ends!!!!!

Same Bat time (which appears to be whenever Evang feels like it)

Same Bat channel (or at least near the top of the board)

batman

Dizzle
Da na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Dizzle

EDIT: Next month. Sorry guys.

Don't be sorry. We all know it.

And magic herbs?!?! Beware my paprica and basil!

-DM

P.S. The batman song rules.

long pig
evil face I already know yer dastardly plans...

Dizzle
Don't be sorry. We all know it.

And magic herbs?!?! Beware my paprica and basil!

-DM

P.S. The batman song rules.

I bet his uber-weapon for the finals is Simon and Garfunkel.
Scarbarough Fair vs. TOAA & The Presence...

stormfront13
in tha pic you gave it wasn't skin tight, an yes the bands will prove inaffecticive because i don't need to move to do anything. and you completley disregard the fact that i have a shield which was brought up during prep which protects me from attack, including any attack on my mind. you disregard the fact that zatanna is a very powerful telepath, and bloodstorm is very skilled at using the same form of magic-based telepathy as you are. i am very powerful at utilizing both normal telepathy, and magical based telepathy(mezmerism). and a persons body naturally has air in the bloodstream and in their body, whats to stop me from electrifing the air inside your actual body?? or using the small amount of air that is in your body to create a small storm? storms powers are very easy to control, she had very good controlover her powers as soon as she gotthem. when she got her powers, she had easily rescued black panther from assassins. and in that pic storm was fighting in mist form and she wasn't affected, i can do the same. and you keep saying that strange uses telepathy- i can establish a lightning field to officially keep you out

stormfront13
and since the shield is bonded to your skin, then it must mean that there is an opening for the mouth because in the opening of the mouth there is no skin, i could easily send lightning in there

stormfront13
and whats to stop me from creating a black hole right under you sucking you in?? or, how bout i create a small lightning storm right in front of me the use zatannas powers to teleport it inside your stomach or brain, if it was in your brain it would shour out all the synapses inm your brain. there are just too many possibilities for me to beat you with zatannas powers. also i can move faster than lightspeed, unless you had me with the bands i would be very hard to hot, and even with the bands all i have to do is think about things happenning you, because according to you the bands will appear inside my field restraining me, but my field will still be up keeping me safe from you.

Dizzle
Firstly I doubt whether Storm can create lightning in the bloodstream... Especially with your character's limited prowess with her powers. And I don't think the shield opens with the mouth, Strange was kinda yelling at Death when she tried to blast him.

stormfront13
yes, but itisn't very hard for storm to do it, she does it with a mere thought,and even with zatannas powers i could do it. and you may be right but was death aiming at his mouth?

long pig
They are always skin tight, unless he chooses it not to be.
In my iron form, i don't need air to breath, I have no water in my body. Nothing there to electrocute.....my body, including my brain isn't meat anymore.

You don't need to be moving for the bands to get you, actually, by staying still, they get your faster.

Storm's shield or Zatannas shield?
Either way, show me how they protect you against powerful magic and telepathy.
They can't.

Zatanna isn't even on the mid-level telepath level, you're being hit by 10 different telepathic assaults, and one by a telepath that is probably the most powerful telepath in the world via the Eye.
Bloodstorms telepathy doesn't matter, you don't have her mind to use it, you have Zatannas.

I don't have a natural body.
My body is metal, it doesn't use air, it has no water....nothing but metal.

Is that why Storm says her powers are so hard to control because they are based off emotion??? Zatanna's emotions will be going crazy during this fight, she's more likely going to spaze out and lose control of Storms power.
Please, a spell of emotion control would make you lose her power completely.

Your lighting shield won't keep my magic telepathy out, it may work on regular telepathy, because regular telepathy is effected by EMP fields, magic is not.

long pig
Wait a second, Thor hits Absorbing man with lighting all the time when he first appeared and it did absolutly nothing.
Storms limited lightning will do even less.

When im in iron form, i have nothing to electrocute.
Your tactic is 100% negated.....somehow i forgot about the Thor's lightning deal.

stormfront13
no, storm syas that her powers are hard to keep in-line and straight because they are affected by emotions. i have already told you, i can put up a shield during prep that protects me from all forms of attack and that includes attacks on the mind. and if your so-callled illusions have no connection to you and think independantly, and can use their powers as they want then they aren't an illusion. a person can't be affected by ilusions because illusions aren't real. you are basically creating duplicates of yourself which is against the rules. you yourself said that they are the same thing but one is magical based, zatanna already can use telepathy so using mezmerism would be no different. and i would alsolike to point out that bloodstorm has hte ability to manipulate ambient magickal energy, well so does zatanna so it will be even harder to affect me using magic. and if i summon millions of bats, then create a huge fog, then turn into a bat myself, how will you know which one to attack. and still that pic was proof that bloodstorm is unaffected by magic in mist form

stormfront13
well actually bloodstorm has better weather powers than thor

long pig
Exactly, your emotions will be a wreck when your fighting someone so totally out of your league.

How? Where has Zatanna been able to do that?
I need proof.
Remember, you don't have Bloodstorms mind to create and use her magic.

They can't hurt you physically, they only can distract you mentally with telepathy, distractions that will keep you from knowing im casting spells of confusion and also attacking your mind.

Maybe, but Strange is the master of manipulating ambient magic energy, and he can tap into yours and drain you while fighting, like he did with Dormmamu.

The EOA shows me the truth of any situation, I'd know right off the bat who is the real deal.

I've said it before, you do not have Bloodstorms body, you have Zatannas!
Zatanna isn't immune to magic at all.

long pig
You still need another tactic, lightning will no nothing to me whatsoever.
Explain how storms lightning will hurt me when Thor's couldn't do jack.

Dizzle
He has Binary's body, not Zatanna's...

long pig
Oh.....confused my bad big grin
Too many names to keep up with.

Khellendros
LP, that link you provided doesn't say anything about the Eye granting Strange the ability to attack minds, just look into them. Got another link?

-DM
Though I don't think it's been confirmed, I beleive the accepted theory is that her power is some kind of exotic psionic ability.

Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm not an expert on Storm but I was under the impression that the difference between her weather control powers and Thor's is that Thor can conjure a storm out of nowhere using magic whereas Storm has to 'psionically' relocate weather clouds that already exist so creating a storm in a jar or in someone's stomach is a bit weird.
Nevertheless, she has done those things. It's weird, but it's within her power.

All that being said, I might not be here for the next day or two, and to keep myself from losing a vote in my next fight, I'm putting in my vote for long pig. He's done a good job countering Storm's points, though a couple if his counters I'd question if it were me (not saying whch, te be fair)... Anywas If I get back in time and Storm has impressed me, I reserve the right to change my vote.

long pig
The Eye is like a booster to Strange's already powerful telepathy, he's used it to attack Silver Dagger, Dormmamu and tons and tons of others as an offensive weapon directly attacking their mind and souls.

I have scans.
This is when he used it to attack Dormmamu's mind while in astral form.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Ledaal/Strange2.bmp

This is when SilverDagger stole a version of the eye, and they were using it to attack each others mind.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Ledaal/Strange4.bmp

I'll find a bio where it states exactly how much his telepathy is amplified. I remember him defeating the Shadow King in a telepathy fight while using it.

long pig
Back to the fight though......unless SF is changing tactics, he can't win with the one he has now.
Lightning can't effect me even if it could get between my shield, I'm using a body that's taken hits by lightning and electricity like it's nothing.

stormfront13
k, any shield can be modified to resist telepathy, and when you have someone who can make it impervious to any attack it can happen. in that pic bloodstorm was in mist form, her mist form is a power i can access making me very resistant to magic. and you can't drain me of magic because it's against the rules. and totally out of my league?? all three of my people would be a match for strange alone. i have binary who is more powerful than surfer, bloodstorm who is very resistant to magic almost to the popint where it doesn't affect her, and one of the most powerful sorcerers in comics. and if your chemically bonded to the suit wouldn't absorbing man naturally absorb it?? and it would more than likely bo to much power causing you to explode right?

long pig
I think we needa re-do our tactics, cuz yers isn't going to work at all.

We could go h2h, and use telepathy and shields. and just fight without magic. It'd make it more even....

long pig
Not any shield, those shields are only kept fortified by concentration, and you'll not have any. You can't create those types of shields anyway

Bloodstorm's body makes her a bit invulnerable to magic, Binary's doesn't

How is making a constant drain on you illegal? It's a slow weakening drain.

And I can go into astral form, but i chose not to. And your mist form doesn't protect you against my magic, AND you don't have enouhg experience to learn her power to become mist.

No, I can choose what i turn into, and when i turn into it.
Plus, no, I wouldn't explode.
I've asborbed Mjolnir, and more powerful things, like the q-bands without blowing up.

Face it, you can't hurt me.

Scoobless
a persons body naturally has air in the bloodstream

actually it doesn't... blood carries oxygen, not air

sad

"When air enters the bloodstream it is called an air embolus"

"An air embolus occurs when a bubble of gas or air circulates freely through the vessels until it reaches one so small that it cannot go further. An embolus in one of the vessels leading to the lungs, brain, or heart, if large enough, can be fatal"

. Also, sometimes people are told not to forcefully blow into the vagina for fear that this may cause an air embolism. There is some research that shows that this can in fact be dangerous during pregnancy when the air can pass through the fetal membranes and into the circulation of the fetus. Again, this is a very rare occurrence."

laughing

http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Health/4426.html

Sentry
Too much reading reading Vote is for longpig. I reserve the right to change my vote later though.

DigiMark007
Voting for longpig. There's questions marks on both sides of this argument, but lp has done a better job of chopping down sf's arguments. Strange's reality-control to prevent Zatanna's magic from working well against him was key in my decision, and this fight would obviously be dominated by magic, and there's no clear advantage otherwise.

As always, I retain the option of switching my vote if compelling evidence against lp is provided.

-DM

stormfront13
well actually zatanna could block telepathy if she wanted to, cause she can do anything by thinking about it and she hasn't expierenced even being remotley close to a limit yet. and i was using mist in the last fight, and expierence is carried over. and how would you know your magic affects the mist form?? we never got the chance to ever test it out and your counter-part's magic didn't affect her. and yeah scoobless that's what i ment, but oxygen can be electrified as well. but yeah i agree we should change tactics but yoy don't have to because i am forfeiting the fight. with the way things are now i can't do anything to you because of that shield and you can't do anything to me either because of all the things i could dismiss and protect me with zatannas and bloodstorms powers. so thanks to the people that voted for me in the first round, and evangel srry i didn't resign earlier. and also this is a really good idea of a tournament. congrads longpig, with strange it seems that your going to win the contest smile

Scoobless
resigning or not... i vote for Long Pig.... magically speaking he has all the advantages experience brings over SF's character and can summon the higer up type beings power (which i'm pretty sure is a drain on him) but the shield thing sounds good

stormfront13
well no offense but i don't really think that strange should've been allowed. strange could almost beat anybody in this competition by himself with the standard prep-time

DigiMark007
Way to take the high road and go out curteously Stormfront. I'm sorry to see anyone resign, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. For what it's worth, you did a good job and definitely held your own both with the amalgam and debating. Also, a congrats to longpig. You're still alive...for now. *menacing yet completely un-intimidating laugh*

smile

-DM

stormfront13
thanks, i shouldn't have even entered the tourney though, i can't debate at all. i don't really have the skills as others do. but i think the final fight will be between u and long pig

DigiMark007
well no offense but i don't really think that strange should've been allowed. strange could almost beat anybody in this competition by himself with the standard prep-time

I'd partly agree, but I think some of what Strange has done in the past to guys like Galactus has been after much longer prep than what is available here. LP did a good job making him seem like a god (and he's really powerful...I'm not denying that) but he's not quite as unstoppable as lp would have us believe. And if I'm wrong, me, Khell, and Scoob are screwed in this tourney...so let's hope I'm right.

-DM

stormfront13
what do you mean your screwed?? and i actually wanted to go up against you

DigiMark007
thanks, i shouldn't have even entered the tourney though, i can't debate at all. i don't really have the skills as others do. but i think the final fight will be between u and long pig

Hehe...thanks. First leonidas, now you. People have high expectations for me. Honestly, with ScarletSpider's late arrival in my first match, my debating skills have yet to be truly tested...so I hope I can compete with the likes of LP, Scoob, and Khell. We'll see soon though.

My goal was just to win my first round match. I did that, so I'm obviously trying to win the whole thing, but if I go out at this point I'll still be happy.

-DM

stormfront13

k von doom, storm can do anything that thor can do but to a lesser degree, but bloodstorm can do anything that thor can, only to a more powerful degree

DigiMark007
I was just saying that if Strange is as powerful as LP would have us believe, that LP will cruise to a victory. (my contention is that he has at least a couple exploitable weaknesses, but I guess we'll see soon)

-DM

stormfront13
well the only reason i forfeited was because the field was bonded to his skin, and he is completley iron. even if the field was like a half a centimeter away i could have electrified him, sending aa bolt into his head shorting out all the synapses in his brain

Scoobless

maybe.... but if LP hadn't picked him someone else would have.... he was part of my original choice for my first string amalgam team

embarrasment

stormfront13
no, i was considering picking him but didn'tbecause i thought he was above herald with being able to take down galactus with one hit

Scoobless
no, i was considering picking him but didn'tbecause i thought he was above herald with being able to take down galactus with one hit

well i tried for Drax + Gem, the Asgardian Destroyer and Desak.... lol

someone else went for the Runner

(just remembered i stole the A-Destroyer idea fron Long Pig as well.... i guess he'd planned to cheat from the start)

stick out tongue

btw... i don't think Zatanna should have been allowed either

stormfront13
well i saw strange so i tried for zatanna, and supposedly according to everyone in this tourney zatanna isn't even powerful

Scoobless
it's not that she isn't powerful.... she just doesn't show the ability to use her potential as well as a lot of the other characters in the tournament

long pig
BLAH.

long pig
Stormfront did awesome.

Scoobless
i can't believe you forfeited after the whole mess with the end of your last match

had you done it earlier the tourny could have moved on with 4 people left and made it a lot simpler.... hmmmm.... maybe we can disregard this match entirely and just have a straight knock out now

long pig
What scoob?

Dizzle
There's only 4 people left, so he's saying it should just go into a round of semifinals, then finals instead of giving someone a by... Basically, you fight whoever was gonna get into the finals free.

stormfront13
well scoob had i known i was going up against someone who can't be harmed in anyway possible then i would have

DigiMark007
Not sure if I think Strange is above herald...it's close, and he definitely is with prep...but no one objected so we only have ourselves to blame. I think LP did a good job picking him...it was worth a shot, if nothing else, and others of us were thinking about it so it was obviously a smart pick.

I think straight elimination is the smart thing to do too. LP will just end up having to fight one more match than the rest of us if you include this one...hehe. In any case, we've fought 6 matches in the tourney so far and only have 3 left, so the end is in sight. Woo!

-DM

stormfront13
i am actually regretting resigning, but oh well i am kinda relieved. this tourney is taking waaaaay to long. no offense evangel but if you hold a tourney then you should try to be on more. and digi, i saw that you wanted to eleminate storm lol

Evangel94
If you feel the tournement is taking too long, then why would you take couple days of wasting the participants time with debates then deciding to resign? You should know better by now, and especially after what happened in your previous match and see you match through regardless of whether you win or lose. It's rather insulting.

For those of you who don't know, I'm online monitoring this tournament nearly everyday multiple times throughout the course of a 24 hour period. I do not step in all the time because I feel that the participants are competant enough to handle the situations and problems by themselves. I will step in though if there is usually a rule or abuse of an exploitation of the rules.

Initially, I kept the tournament matches over a 24 hour period, but eventually I felt that everyone didn't get enough time to express their views and debate longer so I extended the match to a couple days to even a week long. Which is more than enough time to get a full experience out of the match.

For those who feel that the matches and tournament in general is taking too long, feel free to pm with your complaints I'll keep note of them, but keep your complaining out of my tournament threads. You need to remember that this tournament is for fun and no longer restricts itself to a resctricted time frame or set time frame. There is no important reason to rush the tournament through and people can view these threads at their leisure.

Match Closed.

Longpig beats Stormfront with a higher vote count.
Stormfront also surrenders.

Longpig advances to the next round.

-Evangel

stormfront13
most of why i resigned was because i thought that long pig had the better character, how is that insulting and the debating only went on for line a day and a half, so it's not lioke a huge waste of time. and if your here everyday then why do you let the battles continue on, and on even after people are complaining it takes to long and most of the stuff is being repeated

Evangel94
most of why i resigned was because i thought that long pig had the better character, how is that insulting and the debating only went on for line a day and a half, so it's not lioke a huge waste of time. and if your here everyday then why do you let the battles continue on, and on even after people are complaining it takes to long and most of the stuff is being repeated

The match is over. Anything you wish to say please PM instead of posting is closed match thread.

Scoobless
shouldn't this have been closed by now? and another one started?

stormfront13
it should have and if evang was actually on everyday then it would be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.