Hollywood Video DVD/VHS Trade In Program - 6/12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Starting June 12th, Hollywood Video stores will begin their DVD/VHS trade in program where you can bring in your old VHS and DVD movies in exchange for in store credit at Hollywood Video. Credit is good for anything in the store, including but not limited to New and Previously Viewed DVD/VHS movies, concessions, rentals, late fees, and gift cards.

Sounds pretty good, eh? Hell of a lot better than Blockbuster's old trade in on new releases only. Big question is, what will Hollywood do with the movies they take in? Sell 'em? Rent 'em?

Depending on what they'll take, I may go to the pawn shop and buy a bunch of $2 movies to trade in, lol.

tabby999
tisk tisk tisk you naughty boy. good idea though

MildPossession
This has been going on in various Blockbusters here in the UK for some time now, still haven't bothered going in... should take a look.

tabby999
theres a blockbuster a town over but i dont think this idea/concept is going to cross to australia

Kaleanae
Mmm... I work in Hollywood Video messed
Well, yesterday we had a meeting about this trade in program and right now, they would pay 5 bucks or more for DVDs and 1 dollar for VHS
and about the question of what are they going to do with the traded movies, they would put them to sell as soon as they come in

Cinemaddiction
Really? That would be killer, another place to buy used DVD's! That's pretty generous, $5 a pop.

Cinemaddiction
Well, it's true. I also read on another DVD forum that the $5 deal is for the first 1-2 weeks of the promotion.

Anyhow, I went to Lincoln Pawn and bought 8 cheapo DVD's for $14 total, turned around and traded them in at Hollywood for $40 store credit!

tabby999
criminal mastermind you are boy

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, it's true. I also read on another DVD forum that the $5 deal is for the first 1-2 weeks of the promotion.

Anyhow, I went to Lincoln Pawn and bought 8 cheapo DVD's for $14 total, turned around and traded them in at Hollywood for $40 store credit! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.