Darth Sidious vs. Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black batman
who wins?

Darth_Otaku
Vader yeah i gues Vader.Sids wasn't much with a lightsaber.Vader has gotten slow (that is if you mean mechanical Vader)through the years.But i think Vader can pull it of.

xyz jedi
Sidious will win

Fishy
Sidious... Lightning will kill Vader

Darth L. Dipsit
I think Vader can block the lightning. Vader's a tough opponent - more than he is given credit for being nowadays. I think he could do it, seeing as the Emperor is a craven jerk. I bet that he truly, deep down inside, is a coward, and that if Vader came coming for him, he would probably fight at first and then hide and come up with a plan. That, I believe, is his way. But I don't think Vader would let him.

LordSorgo
Who would win? How many times must i go over this? Vader already won. He bench pressed Vader and chucked him into a power generator.

And if you mean a saber fight, Vader. hands down.

FistOfThe North
Darth Sidious would win..Vader's medichlorian count plummeted after losing his limbs so the Force isn't as potent in him. He lost about 35% of force power due to his injuries on the volcanic Mustafar.

Vader had the highest count after Sidious but after Vader's near fatal injuries, Sidious was the one with the most influence in the Force in the galaxy followed by Yoda.

The only way Vader was able to defeat Sidious was by surprise.

If pure combat was to take place between the 2 Force lightning would win the day for Sidious. Force lightning would horrifically short circut Vader's inner componets severly, frying him instantly even faster than a human would fry because Vaders a cyborg basically.

I say Darth Sidious.

Darth L. Dipsit
LordSorgo, do you mean he bench pressed Sidious?

However, I do think Vader would win.

By the way, it's good to meet you, Mr. LordSorgo, sir. Peace be with you.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
LordSorgo, do you mean he bench pressed Sidious?

However, I do think Vader would win.

By the way, it's good to meet you, Mr. LordSorgo, sir. Peace be with you.

Thanks for the correction, Darth Dipshit. It's nice to meet you too.

Thanks for sharing my opinion. Vader rules. big grin

Bobafetty
Vader does rule and win.

TraptUnderIce
Vader bench presses him again even if there is no generator to throw him down Vader is just that cool and strong.

Crazymaniac
Darth Vader was destined to win and survivie

Bobafetty
yet he didn't

Darth L. Dipsit
Vader was destined to "bring balance to the Force." But what does this really mean? I always thought that "balance" meant good equaled evil. What I mean is, according to the way I see the prophecy, Vader fulfills it - twice. First, in order to to make the number of Jedi equal the number of Sith, which is what I perceive "balance" to mean, some of the Jedi have got to go (although Obi said that Vader was meant to "destroy the Sith" in ROTS, I think GL made him deliberately misquote the prophecy). Since there are only ever two Sith, Vader must bring balance by making the number of Jedi two as well. And, what do you know? He does. By the end of the Clone Wars, there are two Jedi: Yoda and Oba. There are also two Sith: Sidious and Vader. Then along comes Luke, making the number of light Force-users three. One of them's gotta go to make them two again. Before you know it, Obi the Kenobi goes down, AT THE HANDS OF VADER. The good and evil are now balanced. Then, at the end, Vader destroys the Sith when he kills himself and Sidious. Prophecy fulfilled. He didn't have to be a good guy to bring balance to the Force. He also didn't have to win, or survive. He actually DID fufill his destiny without successfully completing either of those two objectives.

This is my opinion, but it seems like there are way too many coincidences in SW that support my point to dismiss it immediately.

Gryn Jabar
Vader>Sidious with a lightsaber? No, no, no. He got his ass kicked by a half trained padawan who was blinded with rage. Sidious kicked the three greatest duelists the Jedi had in less then three minutes, two of them in around 2 seconds.

TraptUnderIce
That is why Vader is so underrated in these forums. He got beat by a young Luke. Sidious may be a coward but he is strong as hell and would eventually beat vader unless Vader grabs hold of him and bench presses him he's going to win.

Fishy
Vader couldn't beat Sidious because he is the apprentice not the Master. Its a simple rule as soon as the apprentice becomes stronger he kills the master, easy as pie. Its obvious Sidious was more powerful

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
That is why Vader is so underrated in these forums.
He's not underrated, its jus his level. He is WEAK.

Emperor Revan
How can you people think Vader would win? Vader lost to Luke who (while powerful) was still just a Jedi knight. Sidious could compete with Yoda. Secondly it would just take lightning to kill Vader, it only took about 5 seconds of it for it to kill Vader in ROTJ. Thirdly, if Vader's better than why is he the apprentice and try to get Luke to join him in ESB to kill the Emperor?

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
He's not underrated, its jus his level. He is WEAK.
Vader is not weak. in fact he's one of the most strongest siths.

Emperor Revan
How many do we know of? 12 or so? Wow, and many people including myself would say he's second weakest anyway, higher only then Darth Bandon.

Gryn Jabar
Darth Bandon might just kick his ass, we just don't know enough about him, only that he managed to survive for a bit against Revan &co. That being said, it is ENTIRELY possible that Bandon> Vader, this relying on a proxy fight of Revan V Vader. Vader's heavy handed style would ensure total defeat versus Revan, not taking into account their power differences, hence, it can be said that Bandon is stronger, making Vader, THE WEAKEST SITH LORD EVER! Plus, Bandon was never a true Sith Lord.

darth tyrant
Vader would win because Darth Sidious is old and really his only power is to manipulate people and shock them.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Darth Bandon might just kick his ass, we just don't know enough about him, only that he managed to survive for a bit against Revan &co. That being said, it is ENTIRELY possible that Bandon> Vader, this relying on a proxy fight of Revan V Vader. Vader's heavy handed style would ensure total defeat versus Revan, not taking into account their power differences, hence, it can be said that Bandon is stronger, making Vader, THE WEAKEST SITH LORD EVER! Plus, Bandon was never a true Sith Lord.

True, Bandon may be stronger. But Bandon had too little of training imo, and was extremely arrogant. however he is called DARTH Bandon so I believe he just barely earned that title myself.

Oh and darth tyrant, have you seen episode 3? he kills 3 Jedi masters in about 10 seconds and he was already about 65 at that time or so, 23 years wouldn't do much to him if he was already that powerful while being old and his power does come from some crystal anyway so his power should not decrease (I hate the crystal idea but Lucas says it's canon so whatever)

Gryn Jabar
True, but Bandon took part in the "purge" of the Jedi after the Malak assume power, and this time, he didn't kill Younglings, but fully qualified Jedi.

Darth Abominus
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Darth Sidious would win..Vader's medichlorian count plummeted after losing his limbs so the Force isn't as potent in him. He lost about 35% of force power due to his injuries on the volcanic Mustafar.

Vader had the highest count after Sidious but after Vader's near fatal injuries, Sidious was the one with the most influence in the Force in the galaxy followed by Yoda.

The only way Vader was able to defeat Sidious was by surprise.

If pure combat was to take place between the 2 Force lightning would win the day for Sidious. Force lightning would horrifically short circut Vader's inner componets severly, frying him instantly even faster than a human would fry because Vaders a cyborg basically.

I say Darth Sidious.

^^^ what fistofthenorth said

Fishy
How would he win...

Okay let me explain something to you about the Sith.

Master is the most powerful
If you surpass the Master you kill him
Killing your master makes sure the most powerful always rules

Did Vader kill Sidious? No. Did the most powerful rule? Seeing as they were Sith yes. Was Vader more powerful then Sidious? No.

And don't give me that Vader killed him crap, because first of all that wasn't Vader, that was Anakin and he did not kill him in a fair fight.

Darth Abominus
wasn't even a fight. all vader did was pick him up an unsuspecting sucker an throw him down a reactor core.

imo, vader feared sidious when in his suit. he knew full well that his weakness was that if he was struck with force lightning it would wreak havok on his life support system and body. i don't think vader could block force lightning confidently, if he could, or if he had confidence in himself he would have. presuit, he said he'd take the empire from sidious, in suit, he never made the attempt.

in some of the eu books i've seen where sidious recorded thoughts about some of his creations such as a crysalis rancor. about how making the creature extremely powerful save one fatal flaw, a weakness, that he knew of that he could exploit incase the creature ever turned on him. sidious shared this same philosophy with his apprentices.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Fishy
Did Vader kill Sidious? No.

Ever seen ROTJ ? big grin

Just joking around a little bit. Sidious would kill Vader (in suit). Even Lucas said that Vader in suit only has 80 % of Sidious/Palpatines power.

Revan Darkstar
one point, it is never said which Vader this is, RotS or ESB, they are completely different. Everyone is assuming it is ESB Vader, if it is, he looses. But if it was RotS Vader, I think he wins.

Its like this: RotS Vader>Sidious>ESB Vader

OB1-KeNinja
Sidious would win. Lucas already said that OT Vader is weaker than Sidious. Vader took Sidious by surprise as well, it really isn't good proof of Vader being superior to Sidious.

EmperorSidious2
Darth sidious definitly because I don't think vader can take sidious Lightning since all it took was that moment of lightning to vader in ROTJ for palpatine to kill him now a sober deul I would be debated but I give it to vader for one reason and one reason only TIME sidious was a great lightsaber deulist able to match the blades of yoda and ,ace windu but those deuls were hours to days from each other so he got a sorta feel again but this is a 20 year time span where he rarely uses his powers since he is the emperor and is occupied his force abilities are strong but dealing abilities wear off over time it's like riding a bike once you learn it never leaves you but if you don't do it for a while you have to get back in the swing of things so that's the only way vader could win but palpatine I think even in the beginning of the fight would start off with the force so vader has not chance

Zampanó
I score this as a solid B+] effort for a forum post. The chain of cause and effect is surprisingly coherent. Evidence relating to the claims is presented and an argument from someone who might disagree is considered ("that's the only way vader sic] could win"wink.

One half letter grade was removed due to that being technically one sentence and also misspelling Mace Windu's name. I like Mace Windu. A second half letter grade was removed due to factual inaccuracies about Palpatine's Force use during his time as Emperor. Did you know the planet Byss served as a sort of Force "battery" to power Palpatine's Force research and Force experiments during the reign of the Empire?

Score: B+]

The Merchant
Wow back then people thought Bandon could beat Vader wtf.

carthage
Going with Vader in this, good fight though.

Board Walker
Vader never lost any his potential and or power post of his Mustafar mauling, Sidious himself stated that Anakin's issue was one of psychological proportions. Vader blamed himself for Padme's death which led to him being weighed down by self hate, guilt, and depression.

Darth Vader with a clear mind would destroy Sidious in a fight, their is no comparison between the two.

carthage
thumb up

EmperorSidious2
Me Emperor Sidious im the most powerful Sith of all time even more powerful in the force than master yoda and on par with master luke Skywalker who supersedes Vader and I have incredibly powerful force lightning look at what it did to vader when he threw me off the railing it killed him

/\/\_/\_7_|-|
sidious duh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.