Why is it that people change their voices?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
You know what im talkin about. When you're speaking to specific people you just let it all fly out.
HULLO *grumble*

And when you talk to someone else you're like Hey! *Giggle giggle* in a higher pitched voice.

I do it, and im sure everyone else does it. There's just no explanation as to why its done...at least not from me.

Clovie
nope.

but sometimes i'm starting to talk too fast confused

Morbid4Daniel
embarrasment

I do that too.

Clovie
and ppl are telling me to repeat everything mad cry

Morbid4Daniel
Aww. I'd do that when I used to get really hyper. I dont get hyper anymore. Sometimes I just do it naturally though..Or stutter..

a1hsauce
it depends on who youre talking to...like a friend told me this when my phone rang and I answered it...if its someone you like your voice kinda tends to get alil higher or more excited.

Morbid4Daniel
Totally stick out tongue

ladygrim
Originally posted by Clovie
nope.

big grin i have that problem too

cindy8219
it just changes wether your excited to speak to them. Also if you're laying down your voice does sound dfferent over the phone. smile

shaber
Perhaps it is in a state of flux! eek! fear rolling on floor laughing

a1hsauce
ohh ya defenetly...i was talkin to this gurl on the phone and i was laying on my stomach...she said my voice sounded deeper and scratchy

Morbid4Daniel
Well I was just talking Normally to Daniel last night and then his mom picked up the phone and my voice went a pitch higher! Lol

cindy8219
Originally posted by a1hsauce
ohh ya defenetly...i was talkin to this gurl on the phone and i was laying on my stomach...she said my voice sounded deeper and scratchy

cool

She probably liked that.

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
You know what im talkin about. When you're speaking to specific people you just let it all fly out.
HULLO *grumble*

And when you talk to someone else you're like Hey! *Giggle giggle* in a higher pitched voice.

I do it, and im sure everyone else does it. There's just no explanation as to why its done...at least not from me.
My aunts voice changes when shea talking to us, when shes at work and when she flirts.

I tend to to talk proper and intelligently when talking to girls and like 'sailor' around my guy friends. I will def only say certain things (as well as admit) around my gf when I have one

The Tired Hiker
Vocal adaptation!

Morbid4Daniel
hhahahah Mistah stick out tongue

The Tired Hiker
I just talk like C3-PO all the time to everyone.

Morbid4Daniel
huh

Mistah DEVIL
I'm only 5'6 so when a guy is like 6' my voice gets deeper. this also happens when I think I'ma get carded. it totally happens on reflex.

a1hsauce
Originally posted by cindy8219
cool

She probably liked that.
laughing out loud lol i have no comment

The Tired Hiker
When I talk to animals, like dogs n'stuff, my voice gets real high and I say, "Hey little guy, litte puppy dog guy." big grin

cindy8219
Originally posted by a1hsauce
laughing out loud lol i have no comment

lol

I would say she liked it alright. smile

Lana
I dunno, but I do that too. When I'm being polite or talking to people I don't know too well, my voice tends to be quieter and a bit higher-pitched than usual.

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
When I talk to animals, like dogs n'stuff, my voice gets real high and I say, "Hey little guy, litte puppy dog guy." big grin

laughing out loud I gotta see that.

a1hsauce
Originally posted by cindy8219
lol

I would say she liked it alright. smile
wink stick out tongue

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Clovie
kaz larner (KMC) does that a lot, I say slow down!

seaapple
I remember once getting into an elevator and there was a guy talking to my then girlfriend in a really friendly high-pitched voice "oh, hiiiiiii, how arrre things."

But when I got on he switched up quick to a quiet, gruff, 'manly', "Hey, whassup."

It was one of the most memorable examples of this I've experienced.

Morbid4Daniel
LOL

Storm
Because the tone of your voice shows emotions.

Morbid4Daniel
Yes, but why towards other people more then some others? (if they made sense)

D-Double
HULLO *grumble*

When I do it, it's drastic! eek!

Sometimes I sound like Chris Tucker then 5 minutes later, I'm Vin Diesel... blink

My vocal chords are krazy... wacko

Your Angel
HULLO *grumble*

Depends on how you feel towards the person

Spideys Sister
I do that a whole bunch to make people listen or strectch and eggsadurate.(SP!!!)

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Your Angel
Depends on how you feel towards the person

Could be. But Ill change my voice completely when I talk to my fiance's Mum. huh

a1hsauce
ohhh ya. they way you talk to a lil child is definelty different than the way you talk to anyone else...its just i guees subconscious that we do it sometimes.

Morbid4Daniel
wink

a1hsauce
big grin

Clovie
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
kaz larner (KMC) does that a lot, I say slow down! i hate when ppl say 'slow down' sad

Flying High
i shange my voice if i like them to high and friendly...and if i dont like them its usually mumbles....

or if im in a good mood i will speak high....if im in a bad mood i wont no expression

nutella-spatz
Yea, I know the voice changes.
Once, I was home and a couple of my friends were with me.
When my phone rang and I answered it. I told the guy that had called me, that I didn't have time and that I call him back later.
I hung up and my friends looked at me somewhat confused.
Finally one friend said: "I have never hear you talking that nice and..high before...no expression"

laughing out loud Coincidence? shifty eek!

Morbid4Daniel
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.