Poll: Who is more powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Travizzle
Who is more powerful: Darth Vader or Darth Sidious?

I think it's Vader.

Dresta
vader was or would have been more powerful if he hadn't been deformed and had to be put in that suit after he was in the suit sids is slightly more powerful

Fishy
Sidious obviously... Vader would have killed Sidious if he was more powerful

Darth Travizzle
He kinda did kill him. Well he threw him over a ledge. But I don't know if that's considered killing him.

DenKi
How do we know hes Dead is the Question...

Darth Travizzle
How do you know he isn't dead?

Fishy
Okay Sidious is dead but thats not the point, Vader did kill him but not the point either.

Vader did not challenge Sidious for rule over the Sith Empire, he never faced Sidious in a fight, making him weaker then Sdious because he would have killed Sidious if he was more powerful. Its the Sith way

Darth Travizzle
M'kay.

meets of evil
Well if Anakin was not harmed during his battle with Obi-Wan he would've just killed Sidious because he still would've had all of his power and strength, but yet since his body was basically destroyed after the result in the battle he was not very strong and was made mostly of mostly machine to live.

- Extended theory of the ROTS game. smile

Dude Vader
Just the point I was about to make. Had Ani killed OB1 then he would have killed Palpatine and ruled the galaxy. But where is the fun in that? Imagine...No heavy breathing or shiny helmet!!

Darth Somebody
Vader had only eighty percent of the power Palpatine had. Vader was attempting to dethrone Palpatine - but required Luke who had very high Force potential - in order to do it. And even then it would take the both of them.

Palpatine was by far more powerful.

Dirty Vader
Hmmm good question.

Well Sidious that say that Vader would be more powerful that any of them (himself included). And Palpatine would never acknowledge something like that.

At the end of ROTS when Vader wakes up in his suit, you do see Palpatine slowly backing out (which I find stupid to tell you the truth), and the expression on his face shows he's in fear.

Darth Somebody says he needed Luke. But always two Siths they are , no more, no less. Which could mean Vader would have to find a second sith before overthrowing Palpatine.

Nonetheless I do believe myself Sidious is more powerful. But the things I mentioned above could prove the opposite.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
Hmmm good question.

Darth Somebody says he needed Luke. But always two Siths they are , no more, no less. Which could mean Vader would have to find a second sith before overthrowing Palpatine.

Guess who Vader wanted to be that second Sith to be...?

Luke.

Dirty Vader
That's what I'm saying. But it doesen't mean it's because he needed him for extra backup, just that he needed to secure an apprentice first, because there always needs to be two.

If he killed Sidious himself, then he'd find himself on his own, and risk everything since Luke may or may not join him.

Grand Moff Gav,
that is a good point

Darth Somebody
"Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen it."

That was taken from ESB. Notice that he didn't say "I can destroy the Emperor." Vader would get owned if he and Palpatine ever squared off against one another. In the Star Wars: New Hope commentary, George said this:

"That's why I made no real hierarchies in the Empire. The only real Hierarchy is the Emperor. Everyone is afraid of the Emperor. That's why Vader - for all intents and purposes - is really just a lackey."

Vader had to sneak up behind Palpatine (a smart move, on his part) when Palpatine was killing Luke - because he knew that Palps would own him one on one. And Vader died when the Emperor fried him with Force lightning.

This proves. The Emperor is FAR more powerful than Vader.

kier14matrix
In my opinion Vader is more powerful than Sidious. Sure Sidious took on three jedi's and killed two, and rivalled Yoda in a fight, Mace Windu had him nearly beat, showing that he is more powerful than Sidious but Anakin killed Windu, who nearly had Sidious beat...making Vader sronger than them both. Anakin also had the most mediclorians Qui Gon Jinn had ever seen and he killed Sidious in ROTJ.

kier14matrix
ahh you have a point Darth Somebody, a good point indeed, but i still stick with my opinion

Darth Zenemij
Anakin was spawned from mindichlorians, and Palps was n't almost defeated by Windu, he was messing around, had he had his light saber out, he would have killed him so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

AmrothSkywalker
Pretty much everything you said is wrong kier14matrix. First of all Midi-chlorians only mean force potential not how good you are by default. If Anakin hadn't been corrupted by Palp he would've been the strongest Jedi ever except the emperor screwed it all up.
Overall power at time of ROTS: Yoda>Palpatine=Windu>Obi-Wan>Anakin
The only reason Anakin got Windu's arm is because it was cheap and when the lord of the sith is in front of you you're not going to take your attention off of him for a second it was just as cheap as when he threw the emperor down the exhaust shaft. Did Palpatine throw the fight? Possibly but even so If Palp had a chance to kill Windu if he had bested him you don't think he would've spared him do you? If Palpatine was confident enough to trust Anakin to save him then why would he have let himself be reverse lightning tortured? And the only reason Yoda had to run are for a couple reasons, Palp probably would've brought some clones in, he lost his lightsaber, he's past his prime definetely (870 would be like 70 in human years for how long Yoda lived) and he happened to unluckily be closer to the edge of the platform than Palpatine so he fell off and Palp luckily hung on. So actually Vader/Anakin never becomes as strong as he could've because of his turn to the darkside and therefore is never more powerful than Sidious. Don't even get me started on saying its all because of his suit.

kier14matrix
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
Pretty much everything you said is wrong kier14matrix. First of all Midi-chlorians only mean force potential not how good you are by default. If Anakin hadn't been corrupted by Palp he would've been the strongest Jedi ever except the emperor screwed it all up.
Overall power at time of ROTS: Yoda>Palpatine=Windu>Obi-Wan>Anakin
The only reason Anakin got Windu's arm is because it was cheap and when the lord of the sith is in front of you you're not going to take your attention off of him for a second it was just as cheap as when he threw the emperor down the exhaust shaft. Did Palpatine throw the fight? Possibly but even so If Palp had a chance to kill Windu if he had bested him you don't think he would've spared him do you? If Palpatine was confident enough to trust Anakin to save him then why would he have let himself be reverse lightning tortured? And the only reason Yoda had to run are for a couple reasons, Palp probably would've brought some clones in, he lost his lightsaber, he's past his prime definetely (870 would be like 70 in human years for how long Yoda lived) and he happened to unluckily be closer to the edge of the platform than Palpatine so he fell off and Palp luckily hung on. So actually Vader/Anakin never becomes as strong as he could've because of his turn to the darkside and therefore is never more powerful than Sidious. Don't even get me started on saying its all because of his suit.

Yeah i suppose your right Amroth Skywalker, Anakin did get a lot of cheap shots in on some of the most powerful people, but i still don't think Sidious is the strongest, and neither is Anakin for that matter from what i can see from your lenghy speech lol. Yoda is the strongest in my opinion.

AmrothSkywalker
Yes he is. I'm glad I turned you back to the good side.

Darth Somebody
Sidious is more powerful than Darth Vader - in the suit and in human form in Revenge of The Sith. And Yoda and Sidious are of equal power. Yoda is wiser and Sidious is smarter. Lightsaber skills go to Yoda and overall Force power goes to Sidious.

Get over it. Yoda didn't own or kill Sidious in any way. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.