Question about the universe ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camo Di Mass
Is there sun in the universe of Star Wars ?

Well ...there should be but I didn't see any . You see two suns on Tatooine but there is nothing in space that would look like sun .

In Rots there is something over the horizon of Coruscant that gives this kind of light and that could be sun but we know it's not there .

So how the hell do they have something like day or night there if I can't see no sun ?

Could anyone explain it to me ?

jerlark386
Just because you can't see it does'nt means its not there, much like the force. The sun is just simply not the *star* attraction.

Ahhhhhh...

matreid
This is irrelevant to almost anything to do with star wars but its an interesting thought. Im not sure actually...

thejeditraitor
all those stars you see are probably suns.

we only see ours but that doesn't mean there aren't any others.

and if they showed the sun in the sky all the time it would seem too similar to earth.

the main purpose of showing twins suns is because it's weird.

jedijunky1138
Lucas purposefully did not show the STARS for the individual systems because the glare would have to be very intense. This would be a difficult effect to perfect. The STARS are all "Off Camera". They are to be assumed to be there.

Ast Rofan
What about the opening shot, when the drums are going. You can see the sun, but it is on the other side of the planet.

jedijunky1138
less glare because it was on the other side. All you really see is the event horizon. Also dont forget that that scene didn't last to long.

Insomnia
Ok, I just assume there is a sun off camera for the scenes that don't include one.
I don't know about you, but I don't think I've seen the sun all day. I just don't stare at the sky that much.

When ships are in deep space and you can see them clear as day, though... then I start to wonder...

jedijunky1138
Its a movie! What do you want? To sit in a darktheater and stare at a blank screen?

((The_Anomaly))
for the love of god, they show many suns....

not to mention this is completly pointless and has nothing to do with anything...

Vanquish
Pretty much every single star wars scene that is in space, you will see millions of suns. What the hell do you think is passing by the screen when someone jumps to lightspeed? What are those "stars"? nevermind... if you don't know what a star is...

Robin Darkside
There has too be numerous amount of suns in the star wars galaxy, and the planets have to have a certain distance from it, otherwise it will be like mercury which is 1000 degrees during the day. Although, it may not either. Curuscant doesn;t seem like a life growing planet, just one big city, so they can use energy to regulate the planets temperature and surface pressure. Otherwise, it seems impossible to really explain...
Naboo is like our planet, I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.