King Thor vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Strange has a week of prep. Discuss.

Crazymaniac
*sighs* thor

Mider
Dr Strange would win He's defeated Shuma Gorath i dont think even King Thor would be able to handle Shuma Gorath.

Cosmic Cube
A week of prep? Strange certainly.

Sentry
Strange wins.

long pig
I don't know what King Thor is capable of though, so I can't comment.

Is he as powerful as Odin himself?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
I don't know what King Thor is capable of though, so I can't comment.

Is he as powerful as Odin himself?

Yes. Possibly more powerful.

long pig
Oh, well hmm.
It'd be a bastard of a fight, but a week of prep is a lot.....

Cosmic Cube
Oh, well hmm.

I've heard Strange can actually invoke the Phoenix Force. Other magicians have. If this is true, how can he be defeated by anyone lower than LT?

Mider
If He can invoke the new Phoenix then not even LT can beat Him.

K Von Doom
Question is, would Agamotto or Hoggoth allow their power to be used against the head of a pantheon?

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I've heard Strange can actually invoke the Phoenix Force. Other magicians have. If this is true, how can he be defeated by anyone lower than LT?
Not true he has called the phoenix force with help of jean / r

But he can't use the force lol

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Not true he has called the phoenix force with help of jean / r

But he can't use the force lol

I don't mean he could become an avatar. I mean he could summon it's power to manifest itself. Strange can invoke the power of Cyttorak but he can't become the Juggernaut.

black wolverine
doc strange wins

Dizzle
Yeah, even King Thor isn't getting through shields that Death herself couldn't... Cheating bastard.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't mean he could become an avatar. I mean he could summon it's power to manifest itself. Strange can invoke the power of Cyttorak but he can't become the Juggernaut.
Has he done this?

I haven't seen it
smile

i have seen him call the force with help of avatars.

kgkg
Damn Strange went from low end (no respect)
now look at this even king Thor is going down.

long pig good job buddy

Cosmic Cube
Damn Strange went from low end (no respect)
now look at this even king Thor is going down.

long pig good job buddy

lol

black wolverine
king thor is still blonde and i dont like blondes exept for girls then its all good

long pig
My plan worked perfectly.....evil face

Now all we gotta do is wait for the backlash, which certianly WILL happen.

kgkg
My plan worked perfectly.....evil face

Now all we gotta do is wait for the backlash, which certianly WILL happen.
Magic is very hard to counter sad

black wolverine
yup u giotta be a true g to take down strange

kgkg
Oh, well hmm.

which avatar ? long pig

K Von Doom
Magic is very hard to counter sad

King Thor has magic

kgkg
Originally posted by K Von Doom
King Thor has magic
I was talking in general

long pig
Strange has become Eternity's avatar on more than one occasion, and during, he had a small ammount of Eternity's power.

kgkg
Strange has become Eternity's avatar on more than one occasion, and during, he had a small ammount of Eternity's power.
become? Strange and everyone from the universe are his(eternities) avatars

long pig
Well, maybe so, but this was when he asked eternity for power and was granted it.
He changed color and all, and was doing things that normal strange couldn't

Cosmic Cube
Well, maybe so, but this was when he asked eternity for power and was granted it.
He changed color and all, and was doing things that normal strange couldn't

In the Order, when he was blue?

K Von Doom
I remember that comic, it seemed that Strange was to Eternity what Surfer was to Galactus and Quasar was to Eon.

long pig
That's what i got out of it.
He was like jugs or SS.

joesha28
This is king thor we are speaking here. Give doc 1 mth of prep and he's still good as dead. King Thor is at the cream of marvel's most powerful. He ruled MCU for a 100 years! Wiping all marvel heroes opposing him.

Mider
Dr wins this is the Guy who told Mephesto and Satanish to leave NY or He would cast a spell to remerge Them, He beat Shuma Gorath, stoped Galactus come on guys with prep time King Thor loses.

joesha28
What could possibly that Doc could do to beat King Thor.

joesha28
Nullify Odinforce, done that before

joesha28
I believe Doc had that 1 week and went to meety the pantheon to nullify the odinforce. He failed miserably. Sorry to say.

Scoobless
Originally posted by joesha28
Nullify Odinforce, done that before

he did manage that.... but he needed a big distraction to apply it

long pig
Did he use the Eye to show Thor the truth of his ways? Because what I've been told, Thor was thinking he was helping by being the ruler.
This doesn't have to do with the fight, just the story......what happend??

K3VIL
Strange, without the Eye of Agamotto and The Cloak Of Levitation was barely able to counter magic assaults from Loki during the Reign saga.
In the assault at New Asgard, Captain America, Thing, Hulk, Wolverine, Vision, attacked the royal palace in an attempt to kill Thor.
Balder helped Wolverine, Strange and Cap to enter in the palace.Then asked them what they want to do.Strange sayed they want to take him down, but Balder answered that the Odin Force is too much for them.
Then they talked about Quicksilver and Warbird freeing Scarlet and her daughter, then Loki teleported in the palace, floating in mid air with WB and QS magically lifted from him.He sayed they must know it's impossible to hide a betrayment to the Eye Of Agamotto, also Strange should know it.
Cap sayed to divide, he can't stop all of them, Loki answered no one can beat him, not if his power is ampified from the eye, he blasted Wolverine, blocked a magical bolt from Strange, meanwhile Cap and Logan fought the royal guards, and Strange teleported Hulk, Thing and Vision in the palace.Loki sayed again they will not stop him and they will not overthrow Thor, and then killed Vision, Warbird and Quicksilver with a magical bolt.Cap sayed he'll stop Loki and the guards, saying to the others to reach Thor.Loki barely stopped Hulk charging him, Balder told to Hogun and Fandral to don't help him, this isn't what Odin want to happen.
Meanwhile Wolvie reached Thor in the nursery where he and Amore were playing with their son Magni.Wolverine sliced Thor's left eye and arm, Thor punched him and disintegrated both his adamantium skeleton and his flesh using Odin Force, but Strange used his lack of attention to put on his neck a medallion.Thor sayed they are crazy, they can't hope to prevail, the Odin Force make him superior to all of them, Strange answered the Odin Force is no more yours.
Thor screamed it's impossible, no mortal can block the Odin Force, indeed no, sayed the Doc, but the Council Of Terrestrial Pantheons can.
Now, this was a Strange without his artifacts and with an object obtained from other gods, but I think that without summoning a powerful entity he can't beat King Thor.

long pig
Wow, Loki had the eye.....his powers would be amplified 10 fold or so with it...
Sounds like a story i need to pick up, this all happend while i was out of comics.

But, without invoking a powerful entity, Strange basically has very little power. That's basically the meat of what he does, leeches off of powerful Gods.

Scoobless
Wow, Loki had the eye.....his powers would be amplified 10 fold or so with it...

yeah... he had the eye and Strange's cape of levitation... thievin' bast*rd

he actually looked pretty cool with the cape though

cool

leonheartmm
i think strange could take this

leonidas
in a regualr battle, no chance strange wins this. if king thor gets greedy and starts wanting to rule the multiverse or something, strange might be allowed access to powers he doesn't normally employ. he would need to access enormously high powers to actually DEFEAT thor in this form - not a chance his normal abilities could get it done.

leonheartmm
even odin is no match for a full power galactus or dromammu or mephisto in his own realm.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonheartmm
even odin is no match for a full power galactus or dromammu or mephisto in his own realm.

I actually think Odin could beat Mephisto, or Dormammu. He had a hard time with Surtur, even with Thor's help, but isn't Surter above them?

leonidas
galactus at FULL power is above all of them. the others are all on the same level. a less than full-power galactus stalemated meph in hell then started devouring hell!

strange might bother odin (or a weakened galactus) but he's not beating odin/thor and he sure as HELL isn't beating a full power galactus.

and don't forget cube, when odin struggled with surtur, the sword twilight was blocking the odinforce. when odin was at last able to call upon his full power he was at least equal to surtur.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonidas
galactus at FULL power is above all of them. the others are all on the same level. a less than full-power galactus stalemated meph in hell then started devouring hell!

strange might bother odin (or a weakened galactus) but he's not beating odin/thor and he sure as HELL isn't beating a full power galactus.

and don't forget cube, when odin struggled with surtur, the sword twilight was blocking the odinforce. when odin was at last able to call upon his full power he was at least equal to surtur.

True.

Maestro
Dormammu and Odin are around the same level. If you've read a thor comic, dunno which title, it has them playing each other at a chess game using strange and Thor as pawns, indicating they are probably on the same level of power as the way it portrayed the respect between them.

But Dormammu in my opinion is a a bit above Odin due to some of the feats he has accomplished.

GalacticStorm
"a less than full-power galactus stalemated meph in hell then started devouring hell!"

I gotta see that. What comic did this happen in?

Also does anyone knowwhat comic Galactus fought Agamotto in?

Maestro
It's in one of the excalibur issues, the agamotto fight.

leonheartmm
ill just say that people here have a knack for manipulating facts, a FULL POWER, galactus was imprisoned in hell by mephisto, galactus couldnt get out of hell, so he started sucking part of the power of hell, he NEVER stalemated mephisto in hell, but mephisto decided that it was too dangerous to keep galactus in his dimension so he let galactus escape, thas what happened.

long pig
Strange defeated a fully powered Galactus.

leonidas
<<ill just say that people here have a knack for manipulating facts, a FULL POWER, galactus was imprisoned in hell by mephisto, galactus couldnt get out of hell, so he started sucking part of the power of hell, he NEVER stalemated mephisto in hell, but mephisto decided that it was too dangerous to keep galactus in his dimension so he let galactus escape, thas what happened.>>

yo, leon, check facts BEFORE throwing stones . . .

ss and nova were in hell. nova and ss were tricked into hell, and when they couldn't get out, nova summoned galactus to aid them. even g's ARRIVAL in hell shook hell to its foundations. meph WANTED to trap g, but since he has no soul it was impossible. in the midst of the STALEMATE g turns from meph and simply begins absorbing hell because he was HUNGRY (not at full power) and before he could finish destroying meph realm, meph gave up his claim on the heralds. in this hard cover graphic novel, meph also CLEARLY shows he is more powerful than ss in his own realm. (some here have stated otherwise in othere threads).

and you're right leon - some people DO manipulate facts. i just don't happen to be one of them. capiche?

and long, any strange/g confrontation i've ever seen g has been no where NEAR full power. i'd love to know the issue you're talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.