Deathstroke vs. The New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
DS has a week of prep. NA doesn't. Sentry is not allowed.

Blair Wind
DS kicks there asses.....period

Sentry
New Avengers win. Sure Deathstroke went through a bunch of street level and a few super powered JLA, but he ain't defeating all the New Avengers. Especially once they gang up on him. Spiderman has similar attributes Deathstroke has, plus you got Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Cap, Iron Man, and don't forget that other New Avenger/ninja dude. I'm pretty sure it's Matt Murdock, and he'll hear Deathstroke coming seconds before he attacks. Sure he'll give them a fight, probably drop a few Avengers in the process, but he will eventually fall.

Wanderer259
Deathstroke vs Captain America

There's no contest here and Steve can only hope to get in Slade's way. Captain America's claims to fame are his tactical know-how, superior close-combat skills, and shield. Slade will out-think him, out-fight him, and because of his prep time, he'll know how Steve uses his shield.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Luke Cage

Luke Cage is physically stronger than Slade and he can take a lot of damage, his steel-hard skin not withstanding. Despite that, he's not exactly known for being a top hand-to-hand combatant (he's a flat out brawler) and he's not invincible. If Slade doesn't have sufficient strength to push a blade into Luke's body, the microwave projection beams on his staff will certainly do the trick. I know a handgun caliber bullet won't penetrate, but an armor-piercing high caliber rifle round might be able to. If Slade doesn't feel like messing around, this fight is over quick.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Wolverine

This'll be harder. Wolverine has a healing factor, unbreakable bones, enhanced senses, unbreakable and razor sharp claws, and superior hand-to-hand abilities. He isn't, however, more skilled than Deathstroke, and Slade is also stronger, faster, smarter, and also possessing of a healing factor. Because of Slade's week of prep time, he knows just how fast Wolverine can heal and that he's also a berserker -- which means he's prone to "black outs" in which he really won't think, but continuously swing with those claws of his. Piss Logan off, and Slade's tactical advantage becomes even more dangerous. If any of the street level members are a problem, it's this one.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Spider-Man

Spider-Man has extremely fast reflexes and web-shooters, and to top it all off, he's also Slade's physical superior. He isn't, however, as skilled in hand-to-hand combat and he's more easily prone to panic than the others. Spidey's reflexes might be fast, but Slade's are better (near, if not, instantaneous). Slade has stabbed Barry Allen and Wally West and shot Bart Allen while they were speed-blitzing, so Spidey's speed isn't much of a problem. His maneuverability, however, far exceeds Deathstroke, but he already knows that and comes prepared with tranquilizers. If Spidey comes straight at Slade, he's done. If he tries to outmanever him, he'll last longer, but eventually, he'll go down.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Spider-Woman

Jessica Drew can press around 7 tons, last I checked, is immune to all toxins and poisons and can emit beams of bioelectricty, powerful enough to kill an average man or woman when up close. She's stronger than Slade and probably faster too, with decent hand-to-hand training. Going up against up close isn't a viable method until she's been properly weakened and gas-related grenades will achieve nothing. She's no more durable than Spider-Man, however, without the added bonus of extremely swift reflexes. A bullet can take her out if sufficiently placed and timed, such as catching her off guard.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Matt Murdock

Matt is a skilled martial artist and boxer with enhanced senses (that give him 360 degree radar) and great agility. Unfortunately, Slade is also his superior in skill and I would daresay if pressed, he could also out-maneuver Matt. Matt's radar won't do much good when Slade doesn't need to hide. If Matt comes at Slade, he'll beat him into the ground, plain and simple. If Matt chooses to try and outmanuever Slade while tossing around his stick, this is something Slade can anticipate from his prep time.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Iron-Man

This is probably the hardest match up. Slade can't get at Tony Stark while he's in the armor; it far exceeds Slade's strength and durability. It cannot be magnetized, however, it is affected by EMP (from a huge detail of Tony's latest armor, it can emit a 50 foot radius EMP charge, but the suit has to fall back on a back-up solar-powered life support generator in order to remain minimally functional while the EMP lasts). Due to this, Slade could use an EMP to basically 'turn-off' Tony's armor and allow him to do nothing more than sit there and breathe in a big metal case. This could only, however, be a temporary solution.

- Tie or Iron-Man

But that's only one-on-one.

long pig
Slade could easily out maneuver matt, Slade's speed and agility are on par or above Spiderman's.

Lets not forget Slade has grenades that has k.o'd superboy and wondergirl(think thats her name), and sent tanker trucks flying.

But this is against them all at one time......I just doubt he could take em all.
One on one, probably....

Sentry
Remember what happened to Superman when the Avengers bum rushed his a$$. If it's close quarters, he jumps in takes one down, the rest will be on him like flies on sh!t. If the Avengers are all separated, and he could theoretically take them out one by one. Iron Man would probably be his toughest opponent. He's not susceptible to gas, since he's encased in armor, but he probably would use some kind of emp to disable Iron Man's tech, but Tony has dealt with that kind of stuff before.

Avengers together: Avengers 8/10 for the Avengers.

Avengers 1 on 1: He gets through most of them, but gets stopped by Spidey or Iron Man. 6/10 Spidey or Iron Man stop him

Mows down all Avengers 1 on 1 and gets stopped by Iron Man. 8/10 Iron Man stops him

Wanderer259
Superman has nothing to do with this. This is Deathstroke, who has a week's time of doing nothing other than studying the entire New Avengers' roster. And if Slade gets to set up the battlefield as well? Then this is over.

Spider-Man will be no problem to Slade. I've explained how he can take out Luke Cage, who is stronger and more resilient than Spidey, leaving Spidey with only a few true advantages: spider-sense and agility. His agility will mean little to nothing -- this is the man that stabs the Flash -- and his spider-sense is not infallible. In fact, it's possible Spidey would still jump into whatever Deathstroke has waiting for him (Spidey's spider-sense only tells him something will happen and how severe the damage would be), and seeing as how it's Slade and that he knows about Peter's spider-sense, I wouldn't put it past him at all. It can be argued that Slade even knows the frequencies by which Peter's spider-sense works on and could "jam" it, as has happened to him before.

If there's any single individual here that'll prove an especially big problem, it's Tony, but I did some research and apparently his armor can be affected by EMP.

Sentry
Can be affected and will be affected are two different things. Emp's have affected him in the past, but he's more than likely fixed that problem, especially with his current armor. Then again I could be wrong and you could be right. He could take out all the New Avengers with exception of Sentry, but the odds aren't in his favor. It all depends on the scenario. Draco didn't specify this was a one on one battle gauntlet type match against the New Avengers. EX: Wolverine first. Then I'll go after Spiderman. Then murdock. Etc... Draco put up Deathstroke VS. The New Avengers. That means he battles them as they are, a team. Similar to how he got the jump on the JLA. Your a good debater Wanderer259. It's good see why people choose their anwsers instead of leaving one liners like : Deathstroke wins or New Avengers win without some sort of explanation.

Wanderer259
Quite true and I'm only going off the research I've done, which isn't always entirely correct. As far as I'm aware, however, the Iron Man armor can be affected by EMP bursts. Other than that, I have no idea how Slade could get around Tony's armor; he just doesn't have anything that can bust through it.

I know this isn't a gauntlet match, but Slade's a master tactician above even Batman, and in this case, Captain America. He'll try to maneuver them so that he does take them out one on one, just as you saw with the JLA 'B-Team' in Identity Crisis, or make it so that they muddle each other up.

Sentry
Good points. I think Kyle was the biggest idiot their. Threw a punch at Slade while he had one of the most powerful weapons in his possession. He could have just created a construct or erected a shield or something.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by long pig
Slade could easily out maneuver matt, Slade's speed and agility are on par or above Spiderman's.

Lets not forget Slade has grenades that has k.o'd superboy and wondergirl(think thats her name), and sent tanker trucks flying.

But this is against them all at one time......I just doubt he could take em all.
One on one, probably.... Slade's speed and agility are on par or above Spiderman's.

LOL.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by Wanderer259

There's no contest here and Steve can only hope to get in Slade's way. Captain America's claims to fame are his tactical know-how, superior close-combat skills, and shield. Slade will out-think him, out-fight him, and because of his prep time, he'll know how Steve uses his shield.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Luke Cage

Luke Cage is physically stronger than Slade and he can take a lot of damage, his steel-hard skin not withstanding. Despite that, he's not exactly known for being a top hand-to-hand combatant (he's a flat out brawler) and he's not invincible. If Slade doesn't have sufficient strength to push a blade into Luke's body, the microwave projection beams on his staff will certainly do the trick. I know a handgun caliber bullet won't penetrate, but an armor-piercing high caliber rifle round might be able to. If Slade doesn't feel like messing around, this fight is over quick.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Wolverine

This'll be harder. Wolverine has a healing factor, unbreakable bones, enhanced senses, unbreakable and razor sharp claws, and superior hand-to-hand abilities. He isn't, however, more skilled than Deathstroke, and Slade is also stronger, faster, smarter, and also possessing of a healing factor. Because of Slade's week of prep time, he knows just how fast Wolverine can heal and that he's also a berserker -- which means he's prone to "black outs" in which he really won't think, but continuously swing with those claws of his. Piss Logan off, and Slade's tactical advantage becomes even more dangerous. If any of the street level members are a problem, it's this one.

- Deathstroke

Spider-Man has extremely fast reflexes and web-shooters, and to top it all off, he's also Slade's physical superior. He isn't, however, as skilled in hand-to-hand combat and he's more easily prone to panic than the others. Spidey's reflexes might be fast, but Slade's are better (near, if not, instantaneous). Slade has stabbed Barry Allen and Wally West and shot Bart Allen while they were speed-blitzing, so Spidey's speed isn't much of a problem. His maneuverability, however, far exceeds Deathstroke, but he already knows that and comes prepared with tranquilizers. If Spidey comes straight at Slade, he's done. If he tries to outmanever him, he'll last longer, but eventually, he'll go down.

- Deathstroke

Jessica Drew can press around 7 tons, last I checked, is immune to all toxins and poisons and can emit beams of bioelectricty, powerful enough to kill an average man or woman when up close. She's stronger than Slade and probably faster too, with decent hand-to-hand training. Going up against up close isn't a viable method until she's been properly weakened and gas-related grenades will achieve nothing. She's no more durable than Spider-Man, however, without the added bonus of extremely swift reflexes. A bullet can take her out if sufficiently placed and timed, such as catching her off guard.

- Deathstroke

Matt is a skilled martial artist and boxer with enhanced senses (that give him 360 degree radar) and great agility. Unfortunately, Slade is also his superior in skill and I would daresay if pressed, he could also out-maneuver Matt. Matt's radar won't do much good when Slade doesn't need to hide. If Matt comes at Slade, he'll beat him into the ground, plain and simple. If Matt chooses to try and outmanuever Slade while tossing around his stick, this is something Slade can anticipate from his prep time.

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Iron-Man

This is probably the hardest match up. Slade can't get at Tony Stark while he's in the armor; it far exceeds Slade's strength and durability. It cannot be magnetized, however, it is affected by EMP (from a huge detail of Tony's latest armor, it can emit a 50 foot radius EMP charge, but the suit has to fall back on a back-up solar-powered life support generator in order to remain minimally functional while the EMP lasts). Due to this, Slade could use an EMP to basically 'turn-off' Tony's armor and allow him to do nothing more than sit there and breathe in a big metal case. This could only, however, be a temporary solution.

- Tie or Iron-Man

But that's only one-on-one. Spidey's reflexes might be fast, but Slade's are better

OMG, LOL.

pym-ftw
Who are you a sock of?

ShadowFyre
Slade is not faster than Spiderman. He has been bested by Batman at least once in hand to hand. Something cap can replicate and definitely Spidey. But with a week prep is the only thing that gives him the advantage. Still gonna be hard putting some of these guys down.

IHateCoughing
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Who are you a sock of?

Uh, what?

IHateCoughing
I'd love for any Slade fanboy to show me an agility feat that surpasses any of Spider-Man's.

2005 was a bad year.

namorsubby
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Slade is not faster than Spiderman. He has been bested by Batman at least once in hand to hand. Something cap can replicate and definitely Spidey. But with a week prep is the only thing that gives him the advantage. Still gonna be hard putting some of these guys down. umm no....he hasn't.

IHateCoughing
Yeah, when has Batman actually beaten Deathstroke?

Silent Master
Avengers win.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by IHateCoughing
Uh, what? you keep bumping 5+ year old dead threads, its generally an activity angry sock accounts take pleasure in...Originally posted by namorsubby
umm no....he hasn't. even though his example was dumb and false, Slade isn't as fast as spidey and even using the current weaksauce NA team this is still spite.

deathslash
Originally posted by Wanderer259

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Luke Cage

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Wolverine

- Deathstroke

- Deathstroke

- Deathstroke

- Deathstroke

Deathstroke vs Iron-Man

- Tie or Iron-Man

But that's only one-on-one. Deathstroke vs Captain America
wrong! Cap is most certainly a better fighter than Slade and just because Slade knows how Steve uses the shield, doesn't mean that Steve still won't mix up his fighting style.

Deathstroke vs Luke Cage
Wrong! Cage isn't strictly a brawler, Iron fist has trained him in h2h. I doubt that a blade will work against Cage's level of Durability. An armor piercing round will definitely not work (he's been hit by armor piercing rounds before and shrugged them off). I highly doubt that Slade's energy blasting staff will do any lasting damage (Cage has shrugged off Iron Man's repulsor beams)Cage's skin isn't simply as hard as steel, that's just an expression (Cage himself even said so).

Deathstroke vs Wolverine
Wrong! Slade is not faster and I highly doubt that he is stronger. Even if Deathstroke is Logan's better in h2h, it isn't by a whole lot. It isn't a matter of pissing Logan off to make him go berserker (most of the times it takes him experiencing a very traumatic injury in order to go berserk).

Wrong! Prone to panic? You're talking about a man that regularly has the fate of all of New York City, and on occasion the entire world hanging on his shoulders and you think that he's prone to panic!!?? Yeah, he isn't Deathsroke's superior in h2h but he's so much of his physical superior that that shouldn't matter at all. laughing I can tell you without a single doubt in my mind that Spider-man's reflexes are much better that Slade's(just cause you can pull out PIS related feats of Slade hitting mid to high meta speedsters doesn't mean that I can't pull out PIS related feats of Spidey hitting mid to high herald speedsters). The only chance that Slade would have against Spidey is gassing or poisoning him. Since Peter doesn't really showcase his strength, speed, and doesn't really make it known that he basically has a sixth sense, I doubt that Slade would really know just how deep in the shit he would be if he tried to fight Peter.

Wrong! I don't think that Slade is Dare Devil superior in h2h and DD's enhanced physicality would at least even out the fight if Slade is his better in h2h. Slade will most certainly not Beat Matt into the ground, it would be a very had and long fight even if Slade did win in the end. Guns won't do Deathstroke any good, because DD is most certainly a bullet timer.

Deathstroke vs Iron-Man
Wrong! Would Slade know for a fact that an EMP could affect it? Even so, Stark could just jump out of the suit, and get into another one while the other Avengers hold Slade off.

You're acting like these are single match ups and they fight one at a time (that isn't the case). Slade will have to fight Spidey, Logan, Dare Devil, Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider Woman, and Iron Man at the same time. Even with a week of prep, that is not something that I see him doing

IHateCoughing
^Thank you.

deathslash
Originally posted by IHateCoughing
^Thank you. you're welcome

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by deathslash
wrong! Cap is most certainly a better fighter than Slade and just because Slade knows how Steve uses the shield, doesn't mean that Steve still won't mix up his fighting style.

Deathstroke vs Luke Cage
Wrong! Cage isn't strictly a brawler, Iron fist has trained him in h2h. I doubt that a blade will work against Cage's level of Durability. An armor piercing round will definitely not work (he's been hit by armor piercing rounds before and shrugged them off). I highly doubt that Slade's energy blasting staff will do any lasting damage (Cage has shrugged off Iron Man's repulsor beams)Cage's skin isn't simply as hard as steel, that's just an expression (Cage himself even said so).

Deathstroke vs Wolverine
Wrong! Slade is not faster and I highly doubt that he is stronger. Even if Deathstroke is Logan's better in h2h, it isn't by a whole lot. It isn't a matter of pissing Logan off to make him go berserker (most of the times it takes him experiencing a very traumatic injury in order to go berserk).

Wrong! Prone to panic? You're talking about a man that regularly has the fate of all of New York City, and on occasion the entire world hanging on his shoulders and you think that he's prone to panic!!?? Yeah, he isn't Deathsroke's superior in h2h but he's so much of his physical superior that that shouldn't matter at all. laughing I can tell you without a single doubt in my mind that Spider-man's reflexes are much better that Slade's(just cause you can pull out PIS related feats of Slade hitting mid to high meta speedsters doesn't mean that I can't pull out PIS related feats of Spidey hitting mid to high herald speedsters). The only chance that Slade would have against Spidey is gassing or poisoning him. Since Peter doesn't really showcase his strength, speed, and doesn't really make it known that he basically has a sixth sense, I doubt that Slade would really know just how deep in the shit he would be if he tried to fight Peter.

Wrong! I don't think that Slade is Dare Devil superior in h2h and DD's enhanced physicality would at least even out the fight if Slade is his better in h2h. Slade will most certainly not Beat Matt into the ground, it would be a very had and long fight even if Slade did win in the end. Guns won't do Deathstroke any good, because DD is most certainly a bullet timer.

Deathstroke vs Iron-Man
Wrong! Would Slade know for a fact that an EMP could affect it? Even so, Stark could just jump out of the suit, and get into another one while the other Avengers hold Slade off.

You're acting like these are single match ups and they fight one at a time (that isn't the case). Slade will have to fight Spidey, Logan, Dare Devil, Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider Woman, and Iron Man at the same time. Even with a week of prep, that is not something that I see him doing

Nice couldn't have put it better myself.

And IHC I don't think Wandere will see this a it has been a long time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.