HBP Countdown!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Only 37 days to go!

dark1365
Yay.

Sarah_73
I cant wait....!!!! I pre-ordered mine mid-march, so i've had a long wait!!

danellemarie3
yay!!!! i can't wait!!!!!!! woot happy

KKdave
Wahooo!! I'm soooo excited about HBP! I don't know if I can wait another month! eek!

mentalbug
YAY!!! reading i ordered it, but its coming to my library

dark1365
Same.

HJ4CW
I really cant wait cause i love da books the third film ruined the films tho

keiji
gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keiji
Originally posted by HJ4CW
I really cant wait cause i love da books the third film ruined the films tho
yep

Tassie
35 More Days??? jump

shaber
36?

Tassie
bleh, time zones.
She started this thread on the 8th, right? And it's the 10th now bag

shaber
Anyone check out the Waterstone's offer on HBP?

PrinceofBlades
I don't get it. How is it that we can't wait for the books to come out if it doesn't speed the process?

pumpkinpie4ever
yes i got it right 37 dayz 2 go hurray ive heard that a romance will arise in this one

KKdave
Yeah I heard that too pumpkinpie, I can't wait for that! I'm most excited about that part of it all! By your name, can i guess who you ship... wink

Henry08
OMG I cannot wait!!

PinkDi@monds
33days!!!!!!!!!!!

pumpkinpie4ever
yeah only 36 romance is closer than ever hermione and harry forever perfectlove Happy Dance

pumpkinpie4ever
33? are you sure yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKdave
haha yeah! We should try to think of things to keep us busy for 33 more days so we don't crazy with waiting...because I'm borderline crazy right now

Sarah_73
so r u guys gona pick up ur copies when they are released at midnight??

air
probably not cause otherwise i wouldn't sleep but i no I'm gonna be awake bright and early so i can get it actually my mums up before me so ill let her go get me them, if i got it @ midnight id have read it by lunch time! have u guys go the countdown screen saver from bloomsburys? its so cool u don't have to stay on the web and it keeps track of time yay! i cant wait....

ickeris2003
ahhhhhh, I want this book to come out already I cant wait that long. miffed

NightCrawler341
How many days are we at now? A 32? it comes out July 16 so yea, 32.

KKdave
31 days, wahoo! I pre-ordered mine today at borders!

JohnnyBloom
heehee!!! i preordered mine today too!!! i really can't wait to see how they've done in things like they're OWLs!!!

star_scar_child
i cant wait to see if harry has what it takes to be an auror

JohnnyBloom
me neither!!
30 days!!!
(AAHHHH LESS THAN A MONTH!!! big grin)

KKdave
29 days, wahooo Happy Dance Now that we're in the 20's it doesn't seem so long

pumpkinpie4ever

NightCrawler341
27 days I believe now. It taking tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo *hours later* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

PinkDi@monds
27 days and 10 hours here in England

PinkDi@monds
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ the leaky cauldron. at the top it tells you how long left smile

Phoenix
http://www.hpandthehalfbloodprince.org/

Big it up! big grin

tippy
omg i cant wait lol iv read all the books soooo many times n i want the next book soooo badly, the books are way better then the movies!! the movies are great stil but i LOVE the books

KKdave
Tippy- welcome to the forums! Prepare to be addicted!

pumpkinpie4ever
hey tippy kk's right you'll be addicted and be prepared if your not already a perticular shipper be prepared to be like me and kk for instance we're h/hr shippers and thesun and nightcrawler are r/hr shippers. anyway who's ready for book six i know i am!!!!

KKdave
hahaha, nice effort in recruting some more shippers pumpkinpie! Funny. I know I'm WAY ready for HBP!!!!

NightCrawler341
Hey... I only said I ship r/hr because I'm going for h/g. And time is going by to s-l-o-w-l-y! At this rate i'm going to die from waiting before it comes out.

KKdave
Ditto NightCrawler! I'm trying to find ways to distract myself from Harry Potter, but I'm so excited about this book, I can't help anticipating how good it's going to be! To pass the time I'm trying to watch all the movies in my collection, I'm hoping it will distract me big grin

NightCrawler341
Tryin' to read all the books myself. It not working though....

KKdave
Yeah I think im going to start re-reading book 5 in july

NightCrawler341
Only on Prisoner of Azakaban... did I spell that right? My spelling seems to be going now-a-days. I need to quicken the pace to get through all the books.

Elessea
26 days eek! eek!

KKdave
wahooo! I wish I could get this book in my hands now! I'm afraid it's going to be the highlight of my summer, lol.

Phoenix
me 2! big grin

shaber
I just realised how dismal my summer as a whole is likely to be confused

KKdave
Haha yeah. I got kinda sad for myself when I realized the thing I was looking forward to most was reading HBP, haha. Nerd Alert! geek

shaber
I am probably a more dismal case than you.

KKdave
Possibly. Who knows, I'm more of a closet nerd...I try to hide it but it always comes out! like my friends all make fun of my for being all excited about this book, haha. Whatever, I'm starting to come to tearms with being a nerd.

NightCrawler341
Aren't we all nerds on the inside?

shaber
I am unwell.

NightCrawler341
confused

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Watch the bananas dance. It will waste time for you and keep you distracted from HBP so you don go crazy from anticipation.

KKdave
Haha. I think dancing bannana's will drive me even more insane laughing I wonder who thought of those blink

PS: are you ok shaber? should we call someone?

NightCrawler341
Do you need a doctor, shaber? doctor

USALadybug
26 more days!! I can hardly wait!!

NightCrawler341
beer I've taken up drinking waiting for HBP. xD

NightCrawler341
Oh, and welcome to the forum USALadybug. Ship Harry/Ginny! *gets out hypnosis will thingy* devil

I_love_hp_books
Hello room.I am also a fan of J.K.Rowling books,I think J.K.Rowlings books are better than any writer.I also think that the movie is a cheapscate.I sugget the book.I myself have read 1-5.I am dying of the time getting so slow.I wish July will come closer.I would always love to talk to Harry potter fans.I think the half blood prince is Harry,not really sure. Please write to me!!!! And tell me more hitory about Harry Potter if you have something new. big grin
I think Harry will be minister of magic when he finishes Hogwarts.
any other ideas? stick out tongue I want to know the secrets! eek!
Harry potter books are things I'll die for to get.

NightCrawler341
JKR said it isn't Harry... Nor Voldemort (I found that out the hard way) and welcome to the forums. For shipping, I'm a Harry/Ginny shipper, Ron/Hermione Shipper. And if you call the movies bad you call JKR's work bad since she worked alongside the movie. You will be seeing a lot of threads with my crazy ideas and I will love to hear your imput, but what is the point of this thread?

TheSun
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Only on Prisoner of Azakaban... did I spell that right? My spelling seems to be going now-a-days. I need to quicken the pace to get through all the books.
Azkaban.

TheSun
Originally posted by I_love_hp_books
Hello room.I am also a fan of J.K.Rowling books,I think J.K.Rowlings books are better than any writer.I also think that the movie is a cheapscate.I sugget the book.I myself have read 1-5.I am dying of the time getting so slow.I wish July will come closer.I would always love to talk to Harry potter fans.I think the half blood prince is Harry,not really sure. Please write to me!!!! And tell me more hitory about Harry Potter if you have something new. big grin
I think Harry will be minister of magic when he finishes Hogwarts.
any other ideas? stick out tongue I want to know the secrets! eek!
Harry potter books are things I'll die for to get.
JKR has stated that Harry isn't the HBP, that may be because he's pure blood, and also that he wont become Minster for Magic. Secrets; put your money on Dumbledore dying, it's a dead cert. Hermione and Ron will also get together, but thats pretty obvious to anyone. I think the movies are poor also, but the movies never live up to the books, except for the passion of the christ, because that book is boring!!

NightCrawler341
Poor as they are, TheSun, JKR worked alongside them.

TheSun
Poor as they are, TheSun, JKR worked alongside them.
She isn't a movie director, all she did was say if she didn't like any bits. I don't at all blame JKR for the poor movies. But like I said, 9 times out of 10 literature is superior to film.

NightCrawler341
I agree with you there. The books always prove better, most of the time. In this case it does.

NightCrawler341
Thank you.

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by KKdave
Possibly. Who knows, I'm more of a closet nerd...I try to hide it but it always comes out! like my friends all make fun of my for being all excited about this book, haha. Whatever, I'm starting to come to tearms with being a nerd.

that happens to me - i try to hide my wierd obsessions from my frineds cos otherwise they'll think im absolutely barmy, but i never really manage at the hiding thing-
i mean when book 5 came out on the saturday, by the time i'd got to school on monday morning i'd read it 3 and a hlaf times and somehow word got round and they all think im crackers messed *sigh*
ah well - it can only get better
... confused

laughing out loud

NightCrawler341
Who cares. Be proud of what you are. If your friends don't like you because of it, their just shallow. love56

weegie
Hello I_love_hp_books
I suggest you look around this forum , and other websites such as www.mugglenet.com and www.jkrowling.com .
If you really love HP then you should look around the internet because HP is HUGE!! You will find out so much stuff you would never have thought of before. Seriously, you will learn loads. Stick around, everyone is really nice!

TheSun
Including me

dark1365
Originally posted by TheSun
Including me
According to RoguePw25: Not really.

shaber
And Harry is Half-blood it's all over the books.

KKdave
Haha that's rad Johnny. I can't say I was able to read it 3 times, but that is quite impressive. Whatever, nerds rule big grin

RoguePw25
Threads merged.

You're funny dark1365 laughing

shaber
Do you prefer fighting fantasy games? Where you can blast the trolls and get points for it? teehee

NightCrawler341
?????????? What game???????????

Phoenix
Hey guys, I sooooooooooooo can't wait, we'll have to have a party on the day after release date ((no point having it on release date, we'll all be feverishly reading it!)) I predict that I will be one of the last of the hard core HP crew to finish the book - I have to work all day, stoopid student debt! So no spoilers unless u've spoilerd them! big grin

And KKdave - don't 4get, in the Phoeniverse, 'Nerd' is a term of endearment! big grin

shaber
I could be a claret fountain

NightCrawler341
I just hope I can get a copy. my dad wont let me buy one now... he says he will get one... Peh, probably waking up early in the morning like everyday and going out to get the book about 3 A.M. Is it true that JKR is going to by a some bookstore (don't know where) and going to read the book? And that they are going to close a train down for a day (I think a day) and going to make it the Hogwarts Express?

KKdave
Phoenix- whenever I use the term "Nerd" it is in an endearing way, seeing as I have a huge nerd inside of me wanting to burst out! Nerds are a lot nicer too, I'd much rather chill with a pack of nerds then "super cool" kids big grin 25 days eek!

pumpkinpie4ever
25 is a brilliant #!!!!whooo

NightCrawler341
It ain't brilliant... if anything 1 is a brilliant number. ^.^ I wish that brilliant number 1 would come quicker.... Oh a feel like Christmas has come early. O.O Christmas in July.... xD

sephiroth rules
u know wots better? 0..........cant w8......

NightCrawler341
*Sings a strange song of Christmas in July. I'm not putting any words because I don't do lyrics...* It's taking toooo long.... what day are we at?

NightCrawler341
29 DAYS!...... gah... this isn't fair...... it may be less than a month but it is tooooo long. *cries in corner.* crying1

Maylien
I can't wait for this book to be released. Does anyone know who the Half Blood Prince is? I might not get the book till two weeks after it is released I am so annoyed I wanted it straight away.

NightCrawler341
My guess is one of the Weasleys. Why? check the HBP thread and search for the stuff TheSun said on the Weasleys. Why? Because I rule all!

NightCrawler341
GAH! I made a mistake. It is 23 Days, not 29. BAD NIGHTCRAWLER.. *blows self up.* blowup2

NightCrawler341
I saw a funny thing watching a 15 minute thing on the movie PoA. They showed the them doing the scene when the whole school is spending the night in the great hall. (I don't know any actors names. xD) The dude that plays Dumbledore was goofing off and the person playing Snape was smiling and laughing.... It is weird to see Snape smile and laugh. O.O

KKdave
23 days!!! Wahooo. Come on July 16th...Hurry up eek!

NightCrawler341
*sleeps, trying to speeds days up.*

harry_lover_1
*sleeps, trying to speeds days up.* Jumpy I'm going haywire!

shaber
laughing out loud

Maylien
It can't be one of the weasleys they are all pure bloods. Does anyone know when the next film is out

NightCrawler341
It could have been one of the Weasleys, but it isn't. We figured out it has to be a new character because the discription JKR gave us fits no one.

KKdave
Originally posted by Maylien
It can't be one of the weasleys they are all pure bloods. Does anyone know when the next film is out

The GOF movie is out either November 18 or 19...I don't have a calender with me right now. (22 days!!!)

Phoenix
I nearly DIED today! I asked my dad which address he'd got HPB delivered to ((cos he ordered it for me off amazon cos I am a cheapy scaffy student)) and he said 'Did we order it?'. I almost had a HEART ATTACK!

So... I went on amazon to check, and yes we HAD ordered it, but dad was getting it sent to his work address!! I'm so glad I checked and got it sent to my home address, imagine me having to wait til MONDAY to read it, I would have gone SPARE and bought myself another copy from the bookshop and have paid them about ten times the price just so they'd let me have it!

*goes to have a lie down because of the stress*

shaber
I'm glad I'm graduating now messed

KKdave
Haha nice Phoenix, I can see myself doing the same thing. I'd probably force my way into my dads work to get to it big grin

NightCrawler341
*wants to now secretly preorder the book.*

alberto8159
*wants to now secretly preorder the book.*

If you do it do it at some place like borders were they just take your name and you dont have to leave any money just in case he does get it that way you dont lose money and you have a gurented book.
I'm new by the way.
21 days left

NightCrawler341
WELCOME! *does the 21 days left dance*pianodance

Maylien
what was the discription that she gave. My friends and I thought that maybe it was someone from another school that was put in Harrys year.

NightCrawler341
(He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

KKdave
Sounds like the new DDA teacher to me

pumpkinpie4ever
heya ppl few more dayz left hurah!!!!!!

NightCrawler341
My dad finally reserved a book at Barnes and Noble. Imma be there before midnight so when midnight comes, I can get my book then and start reading.

KKdave
I'm having a major internal struggle right now about going to borders to pick up my book at midnight or not. I really love sleeping, but im freaking out over getting my hands on this book. I can't decide if it's worth it or not to wait till morning.. aggghhh. I'm so lost blink

NightCrawler341
I screwed up my sleeping pattern so it really doesn't matter. Never stay up all night, it will screw up your sleeping pattern. I sleep by day and awake by night... which is rather boring because everyone else is asleep.

alberto8159
We got 20 more days to wait just under 3 weeks.
I was just wondering if any one here was on HP-B

NightCrawler341
HP-B? What's that?

KKdave
19 days! Happy Dance

NightCrawler341
Got bored and found a interesting picture someone drew online. Found it on google, ja. I think I see the characters looking more like this then how they look in the movies... Except maybe the Ron in this picture. I don't know how to put pics in the thread so here is a link. Its Harry, Ginny(YEA), Ron, and Hermione I think somewhere around the 4th or 5th book.

http://www.minstrelbook.net/hpbook/helengroup.jpg

NightCrawler341
Yea, I change my mind about Ron in the pic. I see him more like that as well.

KKdave
After seeing the movies I can only see them as how they look in there, which is fine because the people in the movies look pretty close to how i imigined them to be; especially emma watson. I think she's a perfect Hermione. I don't even remember how i thought they looked before thge movies came out... huh

NightCrawler341
I'm confused. Hermione said she has braces before the forth book.... did she? So confused.... Anyway, they look the part, and Emma does play a good Hermione, except the hairwise. Hermione was supposed to have bushy hair like that till the forth movie, right? well, it didn't see like it to me. Anyway, she is good at her, but I still see them as in that picture... Plus is Rupert taller than Dan? Because Ron is taller than Harry.

KKdave
I think Rupert is taller, he's also older I think I remember hearing. Hermione says that her parents wanted her to have braces (because they're dentests) but she fixed her teeth when she had madam pomphery (sp?) shrink them. So ever since the yule ball her teeth have been straight, as if she had braces.

NightCrawler341
And she minds how she looks now.... which doesn't seem like her at all.

alberto8159
Hp-B is a sit seanse it wont let me post links I'll use words.
www dot harrypotter-boards dot com.
If anybody signs up please put alberto8159 in the refferal part ravfenclaw needs all the points we can get.

Yes 19 days left

NightCrawler341
It's funny you know, I am rereading the books, and I though I know what is going to happen, I hold my breath every time something bad happens and stuff like that. Weird. Whats the count at now? 18 days? Crap, thats less then three weeks, and I am still on the fourth book. I have to hurry up with this and get through the fifth so I am back up to date for the sixth.

Maylien
kkDave I think you might be right about the new DDA teacher being the Half Blood prince but I'm still not completely convinced about how it might be.

NightCrawler341
All we know it is no one we know.... well that made perfect sense. O.O If we can't match the discription, well then, whats the point on guessing? O.O Though the new DADA teacher sounds interesting... JKR said a new character, Mc-whatever the hell his name is. Who is Mc-whatever the hell his name is... all I know is the Mc.

KKdave
Isn't it something like McClaggen? To me it would make sense for him to be the HBP, since every other person we've guessed had lead to a dead end. But really I have no clue. 18 days! Come on july 16th, hurry up! eek!

Hermione202
yay!only 18 days left!I pre-ordered it

NightCrawler341
18 days. Wahoo! Party! pianodance And hereby start my vacation from here till a week later. *falls dead asleep for vacation*

alberto8159
I think the discription is of ron we all know he sucks at magic and why else would they tell use that they didnt start animal transfigureation till there sixth year(which there about to enter) I also think that the half-blood prince is some3 one we've heard in passing kind of like sirius but I donnt really think he will matter much.Just like the things in the title are haqrdly ever inportant.

Maylien
17 days left

RoguePw25
17 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes, 55 seconds!

Elessea
16 days eek!

KKdave
Wahooo. I can't wait! big grin

spidergrl
16 DAYS!!!

NightCrawler341
15 days. Tomorrow is two weeks! ^.^

spidergrl
love

JohnnyBloom
ALMOST TWO WEEKS???
*faints*

KKdave
14 days!!! 2 weeks from now guys! big grin

KKdave
13 days!

NightCrawler341
12 days!

F_Padfoot
About Harry being minister of magic...JK said he would be too young for that so no.

16 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NightCrawler341
First, I think Lucius(sp?) is going to be Minister of Magic, and its 12 days not 16.

Tassie
12 days now??

eek!!! *Faints of hyprrness*

actor
^^^13 days
12 days now!
*faints*

KKdave
11 days!!!

Because I can
Yeah, its 11 days..... i'm peeing my pants with excitment!! big grin

eek!

NightCrawler341
o.O *gives Because I can now pants* Don't wet those.

Hermione202
don't know what time it is by you guys but its 40 mins till midnight in my country

orient_celts
I even filed a leave from work for this day!

Originally posted by KKdave
11 days!!!

sephiroth rules
hav to order my copy...its friggin 50 buks.......TT.TT

ickeris2003
I cant wait anymore im getting to excited eek!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>