2/3 of Americans Believe in Extraterrestrials!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Out of a telephone poll of ONE THOUSAND--yes, that is correct, 1,000--people, roughly divided in half by gender, 66% said that they believed in extraterrestrials.

(See if you can figure out where I'm going with this.)

Bardock42

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by FeceMan
Out of a telephone poll of ONE THOUSAND--yes, that is correct, 1,000--people, roughly divided in half by gender, 66% said that they believed in extraterrestrials.

laughing out loud

debbiejo
What do you think they are if not ET's, demons (I've heard that.), Mass hallucinations...That's a good hypothesis, the real thing?? Hmmm.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
What do you think they are if not ET's, demons (I've heard that.), Mass hallucinations...That's a good hypothesis, the real thing?? Hmmm.
I don't think you get what he is aiming at.

debbiejo
OK...I get it now...On another note...I know someone that's seen em.

Fishy
I believe in them too smile

debbiejo
She wasn't alone either. Her sister and mother were with her and there was a laps of time.

finti
well ask how many is religious, I dont see why they should be treated any different than them who believe in E.T

ickeris2003
I do believe in aliens and that there is intelligent life out their. I mean we cant possibly be the ONLY living things in this whole entire universe. alien

KharmaDog

O.K., I'll bite, where are you going with this?

jaden101
1000 people...66%

works out at 666 people

is that where you're going with this?

botankus
Actually, it would be 660 people.

lil bitchiness
I think it would be rather egocentric to say ''there are NO extraterrestrials - we are all alone in this infinite universe even though our minds cannot possibly understand the concept of infinity''
no expression

shaber
yes

Fire
Question is how was the poll conducted (Having just spent the last 4 days studying how proper scientific polls should be done, I've gotten a tad suspicious about any stastical data from which I don't see the source and method)

debbiejo
Originally posted by jaden101
1000 people...66%

works out at 666 people

is that where you're going with this?

AHhhhhh...Mark of the beast...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedAlertv2
Are you trying to say we'll go to hell for believing in extraterrestrials?

debbiejo
No...just kidding...666. ?Actually from what I've heard 666 is the number of man...not ET..maybe they're 999

Fishy
Nah 666 is for the devil... God is 7 Devil is 6 and no matter how many times you put 6 in a row it still won't be 7

finti
just like 7 wont be 8, so?

Fishy
But 8 isn't the number of anything now is it?

God has the number 7, 7 days all 5 fishes 2 bread or was it the other way around? Well anyways lots of 7's and 3's around.. Why do you think the number is six six six and not sixhundred and sixty six. No matter how many six you put in a row it won't be a seven... Of course there are other explanations out there as well, but I like this one smile

finti
it is the number that comes after 7 and thats all to it

actually it is six hundred and sixty six they say Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man's number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six. Revelation 13:18

WindDancer
The only Aliens I belive exists are in movies, books, and tv shows.

KharmaDog
It's a mathematical impossibility that life does not exist on at least one other planet somewhere. The question is will we ever make contact with or discover that life, I'd most likely bet not.

Bardock42
Hmm maybe I misunderstood it I thought Fece Man found it funny that just 1 000 people of 230 000 000 are supposed to be represantative.

As for aliens..I don't know...the Universe is a crazy big place...I can't say that there is nothing out there (just think aboot it don't have to be humaniform could be bacteria or something.

botankus
Any talk of 666 is irrelevant. It's already been pointed out that the number in question is 660. Now what does 660 have to do with anything?

PVS
extraterrestrial life could simply mean any form of life.
what of some type of algae which lives in a body of water on
some distant planet? that would also fall under the category of
"extraterrestrial life". these statistics seem to be presented to
give people the false impression that 2/3 of americans believe that aliens
are landing on earth. big difference.

i believe there is life on other planets. there has to be. to think not is entirely arrogant.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
extraterrestrial life could simply mean any form of life.
what of some type of algae which lives in a body of water on
some distant planet? that would also fall under the category of
"extraterrestrial life". these statistics seem to be presented to
give people the false impression that 2/3 of americans believe that aliens
are landing on earth. big difference.

i believe there is life on other planets. there has to be. to think not is entirely arrogant.

Plus: 1000 people in no way are enough people to represent such a big nation.

PVS
yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if they conducted their survey in a midwest trailer park.

figures dont lie. but liars figure erm

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if they conducted their survey in a midwest trailer park.

Then the number would have been 100%

Bardock42
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Then the number would have been 100%

If they would have known what an extraterrestrial is.

FeceMan
Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with all of you?

A POLL OF ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE REPRESENTING THE MILLIONS WHO LIVE IN AMERICA.

fruits
dude, its probably cuz.............they do exist!!! seriously, how can you think that out of all the kagillion's of planets in the thousand upon thousands of of galaxies that not a single other planet can sustain life???

Bardock42

Thats what we are talking about Shitguy

debbiejo

laughing Yeah...that's what they're talkin about. Is that you JM?

finti
that would kind of making the bible a flaw

KidRock
Do I belive in some kind of ET's in the universe? Yeah, I belive there is bacteria, or single celled organisms. Things along those lines

Do I belive there is a superior race out there that will one day come here and wipe us out? Not really.

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
that would kind of making the bible a flaw

Honestly, the church looks at these ET's as aliens..Evil angels of the end time.

finti
well according to the bible god is the creator of everythiong so .........

debbiejo
OK, there's Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, and Bible god..And Bible gods people say it's a sign of the end times.

finti
sign of times, nah that was Prince

debbiejo
Bible gods people say that the big angel will come soon with many ships.

finti
noah got a fleet now?

debbiejo
laughing out loud Yes...filled with aliens...

finti
illigal aliens, green card?

debbiejo
Yes, and only 1000 people polled know about them...But their number is 666, they are the BEAST!!! And they want in your clothes.

Jackie Malfoy
We have no idea when the world is going to end.It did say a date in the bible but how do we know if that date is right?JM

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Thats what we are talking about Shitguy
I know, but some people failed to recognize this right away.

TAZ663
no it did say the time in the bible because it listed a number of popes to be in order belive me i have read the whole book through twice there are only supose to be 2 left after this one

TAZ663
and for the whole alien thing they are out there. My father some of u may have herd of him he was arestead for leaking information about area 51. he had been working there for 9 years before they found out what he was doing, and now he is in jail with a life sentence. What he use to say was that they kept the ones that were found in ice chambers frozen 6 of them

yerssot
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
We have no idea when the world is going to end.It did say a date in the bible but how do we know if that date is right?JM
I thought that you had to take everything from the bible without a doubt?

Darth Nauj
WE ARE NOT ALONE alien

Mr Parker
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I think it would be rather egocentric to say ''there are NO extraterrestrials - we are all alone in this infinite universe even though our minds cannot possibly understand the concept of infinity''
no expression

My thoughts exactly.

Stealth Agent
Alright i beleive there could very well be intellegent life in the universe equilavent to us or superior. How we would we know though/. What makes this so far fetched. There could be another planet earth in the solar system next to us, with creatures as smart as us.
We would never know.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
I do believe in aliens and that there is intelligent life out their. I mean we cant possibly be the ONLY living things in this whole entire universe. alien

If you beleive in evolution and statistics then its most probable that we are the only life i the universe.

The chances of even 1 cell "happening" by accident is like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1. The fact that we are here makes it obvious that it happened, and seeing as the universe is soo massive the "1 off" chance must have happened, but only the one off.

If you believe in creation then who knows what other wonders GOD has created, the Angels for example are aliens to this world (probably dimension as well).

The question is probably not "are there aliens" but "What are these aliens"

Dexx
actually...the birth of life is still a mistery for us on our planet..let alone anywhere in the universe.
so...contrary to what you said..if i believe in statistics, i would say that it is improbable for a similar phenomenon to terrestrial life birth not to happen some place else, in the immensity of space.

the variables here would be the conditions that favour life birth, and the dimensions of the universe....with which to calculate the probabilty of the first condition.
not much to work with..

Bicnarok

Stealth Agent

Bicnarok
Originally posted by TAZ663
no it did say the time in the bible because it listed a number of popes to be in order belive me i have read the whole book through twice there are only supose to be 2 left after this one

There are no Popes mentioned in the Bible, The catholic church is a Cult based on pagan beliefs.

If you disagree quote a few verses

PVS
why is it that a useless thread, based on a baseless statistic, has lasted for so long? its a lie people. someone made it up. 2/3 of americans DO NOT believe in E.T.

stop believing internet figures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.