Could Harry Have Elf Blood In Him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NightCrawler341
Ok, you may all think I am crazy about this idea, but I think Harry would have elf blood in him. Haven't you noticed that everyone notices Harry's eyes as his mothers? How does everyone know that? Unless her eyes made her eyes so well known themselves. DObby had ggreen eyes just like Harry and his mother, could that mean that they had elf blood in them? Elves could do strong magic without wands and Harry has done some really incredible stuff without as well. Like make the glass disappear at the zoo and blow up Aunt Marge. He might have some elf blood in him. Just a theory though.

hotsauce6548
No. no expression

NightCrawler341
Your opinion. Plus you could at last give proof that it isn't true. Without proof, "no" means nothing.

NightCrawler341
Will someone try and back up hotsauce?

JohnnyBloom
this is only my opinion, but I think no, purely because it's a bit too strange even for JK, ... although I give credit to the idea that really not many people (even close friends) would know what lily's eyes looked like in enough detail to remember them 11 eyars later ... except maybe sirius or someone really close ... messed

shaber
House elf blood? On James Potter's side? Doubt it no the pureblood wizards are certainly very conscious of which species are the slaves and which the masters yes

tigress
could be a decendant of his mom yes shes a muggleborn but hey way back when there could be ancestry with the elven people

NightCrawler341
I mean on his moms side, yes. Not on Jame's. I think down the line in Lily's family somewhere a house elf or (who knows, I don't know much about the past in Harry Potter) elves we weren't house elves (if possible) mated with one of Lily's grea great great (or so or more) grandmother or grandfather.

The_Path
Who would **** an elf? laughing

NightCrawler341
Grow up Path. I think it would explain a lot on why he do do this powerful magic like blowing up his aunt without his wand. I don't even think Hermione can do that with a wand... Elven blood in home would explain it.

daeri
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Grow up Path. I think it would explain a lot on why he do do this powerful magic like blowing up his aunt without his wand. I don't even think Hermione can do that with a wand... Elven blood in home would explain it.

Did you ever look at an elf? Who would be that sick to make love to one? I understand your point, but who in the hell?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38718000/jpg/_38718143_dobby150.jpg

NightCrawler341
Harry could've had a sicko ancestor. Or maybe it wasn't even a house elf. It could have been way back before elves were forced to work as house elves and they looked good back then.

daeri
Harry could've had a sicko ancestor. Or maybe it wasn't even a house elf. It could have been way back before elves were forced to work as house elves and they looked good back then.

I doubt it..

tigress
not a house elf lol there are many types of elven folks

NightCrawler341
Yea. That too.

TheSun
Don't be ridiculous

air
yes but also remember how Harry, referring to information given in book 1, managed to grow his hair back in one night, shrink a revolting jumper and fly up onto the roof of his primary school he did this without a wand, yet it is still clearly magical, Neville managed to 'bounce along the garden path' when his Uncle Alfie let go of him from the bedroom window. Due to him being a wizard means that he has the ability to perform magic, shown, as JK has stated before the age of 11 and therefore getting him into Hogwarts, just because he blew up his aunt is no proof that he has elven blood.

TheSun
I can't believe this is even being discussed.

weegie
All wizards and witch's can do stuff like harry does, they are magic afterall. If he was doing something unusual (like blowing up his aunt is something impossible if your a wizard) then someone would have told him! Naa, harry aint part elf, lol

TheSun
Exactly.

air
lol thats wat i said in simpler terms thanku

NightCrawler341
Okay okay, you all win. No need to continue this thread.

TheSun
Excellent, finally seeing sense.

EDITED BY PHOE - Please be respectful of other opinions, they are as equally valid as your own.

NightCrawler341
Nope. I got another clue! Muahahaha. Thank you book two! Quote from book two

"'Ah, if Harry Potter only knew!' Dobby groaned, more tears dripping onto his ragged pillowcase. 'If he knew what he means to us, to the lowly, the enslaved, we dregs of the magical world!'"

So, Dobby is basically saying Harry means something to the House Elves. I believe that if Harry did have elf blood in him, he would be the link to bring house elves to becoming a equal, that is why Dobby wanted to save Harry all the time in book two. Without Harry, nothing could help the house elves!

shaber
I think that as elves have an inferiority complex they could only look up to a wizard. I liked that description of Harry Potter though, I wish something like it could be applied to me sad

TheSun
Nope. I got another clue! Muahahaha. Thank you book two! Quote from book two

"'Ah, if Harry Potter only knew!' Dobby groaned, more tears dripping onto his ragged pillowcase. 'If he knew what he means to us, to the lowly, the enslaved, we dregs of the magical world!'"

So, Dobby is basically saying Harry means something to the House Elves. I believe that if Harry did have elf blood in him, he would be the link to bring house elves to becoming a equal, that is why Dobby wanted to save Harry all the time in book two. Without Harry, nothing could help the house elves!

Lol, maybe you'd better look up the word 'evidence'. Dobby went on to explain that Harry means something to ALL the lowly and enslaved because he defeated Voldemort once. During Voldemorts reign they were all treated as Dobby was under the command of Lucius Malfoy. Hence that is why Dobby was saving him - to repay his thanks. Now will you stop talking about this nonsense?

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by TheSun
Don't be ridiculous

:P
personally i don't think that it's JKR's way to make something like this happen - but plot wise it's possible, even if not very likely.

tigress
Harry means alot to the world as a whole if voldie was to win then every person and creature would be in deep S***

goddess_susu
<--------------------------
I'm half elf, and I no Harry can't be because he doesn't have any of their characteristicts. The same way you can tell Fleur was half veela, you would be able to tell Harry's part elf. happy

shaber
What sort of elf?

JohnnyBloom
yeah - there are loads of different kinds ....
(as previously said)

TheSun
Riiiiiiiight.

JohnnyBloom
well there are!! big grin

shaber
There are 'Light Elves' and 'Dark Elves' in European mythology. House elves are actually brownies (work for free, disappear when given clothes)

Phoenix
I think its a good theory, but I would think NOT a house elf! Maybe a 'higher' elf ((like the Elves of the Forbidden Forest which feature in several fanfictions - but have not been confirmed by JK yet))

shaber
How about wood nymphs? They're attractive enough to serenade dinners.

Phoenix
Could be...

Phoenix
Just had a thought! Maybe the one of the reasons Harry can/could defeat Voldie is because he has Elf blood and therefore Elf magic...

NightCrawler341
Now there is an idea, Phoenix. Two brother wands can't fight each other, but elves don't need wands do they. Plus I never said house elf, most people just said house elf right off the back.

TheSun
Now there is an idea, Phoenix. Two brother wands can't fight each other, but elves don't need wands do they. Plus I never said house elf, most people just said house elf right off the back.
This is just a theory, but that may just be because they're the only type of elf in the Harry Potter series? Just a thought... This is silly, there has been absolutely no evidence that Harry is an elf!! I could just as well say that Hagrid is a bunny rabbit.

EDITED BY PHOE - TheSun, I understand you have loads of strong opinions, which is great, but you cannot continue roughshoding over other people's opinions like this!

Thanks!

PHOE xx

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by shaber
How about wood nymphs? They're attractive enough to serenade dinners.

hee hee - sorry, just imagining daniel radcliffe as a nymph!!

rolling on floor laughing

shaber
no expression

NightCrawler341
O.O Can anyone tell me some people who support this idea has been trying to get evidence for this? Thanks Phoe for say that to TheSun. ^.^

TheSun
This is just a theory, but that may just be because they're the only type of elf in the Harry Potter series? Just a thought... This is silly, there has been absolutely no evidence that Harry is an elf!! I could just as well say that Hagrid is a bunny rabbit.

EDITED BY PHOE - TheSun, I understand you have loads of strong opinions, which is great, but you cannot continue roughshoding over other people's opinions like this!

Thanks!

PHOE xx
I was making my opinion in an effective manner. Unless creativity is banned form these forums I don't think I should be gentle and sensitive all of the time.

NightCrawler341
Yes, but you have been overdoing it. Over and over you have just said you don't think so, and nothing else. Hearing someone repeat themself is annoying, esp. if you keep being rude about it.

TheSun
Yes, but you have been overdoing it. Over and over you have just said you don't think so, and nothing else. Hearing someone repeat themself is annoying, esp. if you keep being rude about it.
I'm not being rude. And I have posted long messages relating to why I thought this and that. Try reading before making rash comments.

RoguePw25
I'm not being rude. And I have posted long messages relating to why I thought this and that. Try reading before making rash comments.

MOD NOTE:
It's comments like this that set people off. Of course you are welcomed to post your opinions! But that's not what we're talking about here. You have criticized people's opinions and completly disregarded them.

^^Uncalled for and uncessary. There is a mature way to say "I diagree with that" vs. saying "Don't be ridiculous" as if to say, I am ridiculous because that is my opinion. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's the way it was taken because you said that. Calling the issue "nonsense" is a problem because it's NOT nonsense. Maybe it is to you, but that's not going to keep people from discussing the issue. So don't say things like that.

Try to keep comments about the individual out of the conversation. Stick to the topic of this thread, but if you don't agree with them, fine, but don't start criticizing there opinions by calling it nonsense of making wise cracks. Please try to work on this.

TheSun
Originally posted by RoguePw25
MOD NOTE:
It's comments like this that set people off. Of course you are welcomed to post your opinions! But that's not what we're talking about here. You have criticized people's opinions and completly disregarded them.

^^Uncalled for and uncessary. There is a mature way to say "I diagree with that" vs. saying "Don't be ridiculous" as if to say, I am ridiculous because that is my opinion. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's the way it was taken because you said that. Calling the issue "nonsense" is a problem because it's NOT nonsense. Maybe it is to you, but that's not going to keep people from discussing the issue. So don't say things like that.

Try to keep comments about the individual out of the conversation. Stick to the topic of this thread, but if you don't agree with them, fine, but don't start criticizing there opinions by calling it nonsense of making wise cracks. Please try to work on this.
In my calling this thread 'nonsense' I am in fact stating my opinion. Should I have to keep saying , 'In my opinion/I think that/I believe that/According to me this thread is nonsense'? I shall state that none of my 'nonsense' or 'ridiculous' mentionings are intended to be rude or demeaning, this is just how I choose to express myself. It's very light-hearted, or do you believe I should use the inane 'I h8 to disagree but I fink dat is untrue and dat there are no elfs blood in Harry thanx xxx big grin stick out tongue big grin'? And what the hell is this ridiculous dancing fruit?? Happy Dance

dark1365
Ok, you may all think I am crazy about this idea, but I think Harry would have elf blood in him. Haven't you noticed that everyone notices Harry's eyes as his mothers? How does everyone know that? Unless her eyes made her eyes so well known themselves. DObby had ggreen eyes just like Harry and his mother, could that mean that they had elf blood in them? Elves could do strong magic without wands and Harry has done some really incredible stuff without as well. Like make the glass disappear at the zoo and blow up Aunt Marge. He might have some elf blood in him. Just a theory though.
No.

The reason why Harry could do magic just like that(blow Marge up and stuff) is because he's a wizard. And wizards/witches can do that. Remember Neville: "He dropped me, but I bounced all the way down to the lawn. Gran was crying, she was so happy."

Dobby's green eyes might play a part in the books though. We will see.

TheSun
Originally posted by dark1365
No.

The reason why Harry could do magic just like that(blow Marge up and stuff) is because he's a wizard. And wizards/witches can do that. Remember Neville: "He dropped me, but I bounced all the way down to the lawn. Gran was crying, she was so happy."

Dobby's green eyes might play a part in the books though. We will see.
Surely this rejects once and for all the ridiculous notion that Harry is some kind of elf? Now let it go, yes?

RoguePw25
Surely this rejects once and for all the ridiculous notion that Harry is some kind of elf? Now let it go, yes?

MOD NOTE:

Again, this is what I'm talking about respecting people's opinions. Everyone knows where you stand of this issue, you don't agree with it. But to KEEP coming in this thread like you are, is uncalled for. No one's going to "let it go" just because you say so. And once again, this is not a "ridiculous notion." Be respectful of other's opinions.

TheSun
Originally posted by RoguePw25
MOD NOTE:

Again, this is what I'm talking about respecting people's opinions. Everyone knows where you stand of this issue, you don't agree with it. But to KEEP coming in this thread like you are, is uncalled for. No one's going to "let it go" just because you say so. And once again, this is not a "ridiculous notion." Be respectful of other's opinions.
I respect that they have an opinion. I respect that opinion. I think the opinion is wrong. I have said so in the best way I see fit. You have a problem with my style of writing, not my apparent disrespect of people's opinions and so-called fight-starting. I don't want to fight, I just want to express my opinions on a forum. I know it's a note, and it's from a mod, so is there any need for the MOD NOTE?

tigress
I agree with you on Harrys eyes there maybe something there Rogue but im not sure if its elf related or if ive read too many fics lol but I do think there may be a connection with elven folk afterall Harry has a power the dark lord knows not could it be elven ancestry magic or his love for those close to him,

( sun your not doing yourself any favours arguing with mods hun why not just stay out of threads if you think the topic is so rediculus)

TheSun
Originally posted by tigress
I agree with you on Harrys eyes there maybe something there Rogue but im not sure if its elf related or if ive read too many fics lol but I do think there may be a connection with elven folk afterall Harry has a power the dark lord knows not could it be elven ancestry magic or his love for those close to him,

( sun your not doing yourself any favours arguing with mods hun why not just stay out of threads if you think the topic is so rediculus)
Because I like to discuss points with other users, is that not what a forum is for?

tigress
I know but theres a diference in discussing and shooting people down it winds people up

Hermione202
I think nightcrawler might have a point but it needs sharpning.he already found stuff to support his idea but i agree with dark1365.all wizards and whiches can do that and i have my proof

Think about this from book five at Harry's hearing in the ministry:
page 136:
'he blew up his aunt for god's sake!' Fudge shouted
"And you very kindly did not press charges on that occasion,accepting,i presume,that even the best wizards cannot control their emotions ,"said Dumbledore calmly.

look at the part where Dumbledore said'even the best wizards '
In my opinion that means that if all wizards can do that Harry might not have elf blood in him.

what do you guys think?

huh

tigress
Ill think on it and get back to you its late hear my brain needs to reboot lol you have a point though big grin

TheSun
Originally posted by Hermione202
I think nightcrawler might have a point but it needs sharpning.he already found stuff to support his idea but i agree with dark1365.all wizards and whiches can do that and i have my proof

page 136:
"And you very kindly did not press charges on that occasion,accepting,i presume,that even the best wizards cannot control their emotions ,"said Dumbledore calmly.

In my opinion that means that if all wizards can do that Harry might not have elf blood in him.

what do you guys think?

huh
I think that's 100% correct.

NightCrawler341
Then I will try and get more evidence.

NightCrawler341

page 136:

what do you guys think?

huh

Also it never said it the people who lost their emotions used a wand or not. It might mean they lost their anger, pulled out their wands, and did the magic. Though I see where your getting at.

Hermione202
you have a point there but i don't agree for some reason.

NightCrawler341
Perfectly understandable.

JohnnyBloom

page 136:

what do you guys think?

huh

fair point!

NightCrawler341
Remember, though. They never said if people used their wands or not, JohnnyBloom.

Phoenix
I respect that they have an opinion. I respect that opinion. I think the opinion is wrong. I have said so in the best way I see fit. You have a problem with my style of writing, not my apparent disrespect of people's opinions and so-called fight-starting. I don't want to fight, I just want to express my opinions on a forum. I know it's a note, and it's from a mod, so is there any need for the MOD NOTE?

TheSun, you say you are respecting other people's opinions, but I've seen no evidence of that in your derogatory comments. Comments such as "I may as well suggest that Hagrid is a bunny" are extremely disrespectful, and both myself and Rogue have asked you politely to stop.

Hermione202
Oh dear! sad
TheSun don't be angry at what our wise moderaters are saying.Just listen to them and heed their words of advice.

TheSun
Hm. Apparently we have differing interpretations of light-hearted humour and outright disrespect.

JohnnyBloom
not everyone agrees on everything - but seeing as they are our mods, perhaps we should just do as they ask messed

nightcrawler: yeah true :P i was only saying she had a point stick out tongue but your point taken to laughing out loud

NightCrawler341
I know, I just wanted to make sure you noticed that as well.

air
NightCrawler341 do you think harry is an elf because of his green eyes...was this the beginning of the thinking or....something else....

dark1365
I was making my opinion in an effective manner. Unless creativity is banned form these forums I don't think I should be gentle and sensitive all of the time.
If the moderators think it doesn't belong, it DOESN'T!

TheSun
Originally posted by dark1365
If the moderators think it doesn't belong, it DOESN'T!
Mods have opinions also, yes.

harry_lover_1
Hot Sauce, I' m gonna try and help you out here. Okay, why would a person have (eh hem) with a HOUSE ELF? That's the only way you would get HOUSE ELF in your blood!!!!

harry_lover_1
Plus, it's not in the house elfs' nature to do that.

NightCrawler341
Did I specifically say house elf? I believe just elf, and there could be other elves unsaid OR, people, it could be long back if elves couldn't have been bad looking and such. But hell, it is just a theory.

harry_lover_1
And they've always been enslaved.

NightCrawler341
Did JKR say that? And what if there are other elves? Or what if ther was actually some good looking ones that are well kept because they have a nice family? Think of the possiblities(sp?)

NightCrawler341
Plus we've only seen what Dobby's looked like.

NightCrawler341
And even if they do look bad, give them some credit, they have been having rough lives. No need to call them ugly.... Crap now I sound like Hermoine.... or a S.P.E.W. person....

harry_lover_1
Actually almost everyone here has been talking about Dobby's type. They even have a picture of Dobby as an example on this thread somewhere.

harry_lover_1
EVERYONE HAS TO FREAKING REMEMBER THAT VOLDEMORT PASSED ON "SPECIAL" POWERS TO HARRY!!!! MAY NOT EVEN BE A CASE OF ELF AT ALL.

NightCrawler341
I know. I am just leaving the thought out there, no need to shout.

harry_lover_1
I actually wasn't shouting. My thing was on caps lock and I was too lazy to turn it off.

NightCrawler341
*Blows up your caps button.* There, no more worries. blowup2

harry_lover_1
lol1 Yeah. That always happens.

Hermione202
Originally posted by harry_lover_1
I actually wasn't shouting. My thing was on caps lock and I was too lazy to turn it off.

lol laughing out loud

tigress
LOL

ths2006
I have thought a lot about Harry having elf blood in him. I think it is very likely that he does. Considering that Rowling seems to have gotten a great deal of her inspiration from the Dungeons and Dragons/ J.R.R. Tolkien books and characters, it does make sense. There have been many characters in the genre who were half elf. I agree that it seems weird that a human would have a child with an elf, if the elf looked like Dobby. However, if you look at the way elves have been presented previously, it is not all that unlikely. I think that as elves have been enslaved over time, they have become physically different like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. Gollum had been a hobbit, but look at what he became. I think something similar has happened to the elves in Rowlings Harry Potter world. Nothing has ever been said about how the elves became enslaved or what sort of consequences that enslavement has had. It is possible that somebody took issue with elves and humans having children and caused the enslavement and the physical change. By changing elves so radically, that would likely ensure that they could not seduce a human.

The Phantom
Originally posted by ths2006
I have thought a lot about Harry having elf blood in him. I think it is very likely that he does. Considering that Rowling seems to have gotten a great deal of her inspiration from the Dungeons and Dragons/ J.R.R. Tolkien books and characters, it does make sense. There have been many characters in the genre who were half elf. I agree that it seems weird that a human would have a child with an elf, if the elf looked like Dobby. However, if you look at the way elves have been presented previously, it is not all that unlikely. I think that as elves have been enslaved over time, they have become physically different like Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. Gollum had been a hobbit, but look at what he became. I think something similar has happened to the elves in Rowlings Harry Potter world. Nothing has ever been said about how the elves became enslaved or what sort of consequences that enslavement has had. It is possible that somebody took issue with elves and humans having children and caused the enslavement and the physical change. By changing elves so radically, that would likely ensure that they could not seduce a human. O.O Wow. Someon bumped this back up. And I got a supporter!

Rapscallion
I don't think Harry could be part elf be cause thegeneral consesnsus is that it would be through his mother's side except she's muggle-born. No muggle would ever have a kid with an elf because they don't even know what an elf is. They live in two different worlds.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Rapscallion
I don't think Harry could be part elf be cause thegeneral consesnsus is that it would be through his mother's side except she's muggle-born. No muggle would ever have a kid with an elf because they don't even know what an elf is. They live in two different worlds. Yep. That'd destroy the mothers side part of the theory.

Waterslicer
And Elf's are disgusting, no offence. Who'd want to have a kid with them?
Hermione?
There's a possibility, but...
Sorry, I wandered off topic.

Waterslicer
And also, I think James is a bit too cool and sensible to have a part-elf kid.

Waterslicer
sorry about hogging the last 3 messages, but I have another reply.
He Who must not be named could not have transfered elf blood into him (Harry Potter) when he did the avada kedavra, because "He would not have wasted time with scum like elves"

The Phantom
Please... use the edit button. And once more, we only know of house elves, there might be other kinds of elves.

Padfoot1960
Everybody who mentioned Harry having Lily's eyes was very close to Lily either through James or just by knowing Lily. Her eyes being green and Dobby's being green is a coincidence, I do believe Winky's eyes were brown.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Padfoot1960
I do believe Winky's eyes were brown.

Negative. In CoS Winky's eyes are described as bright green tennis balls peering through the hedge at Privet Drive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.