Mtv aint MTV No more!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
You know its true. Where's all the good videos anymore? Throughout the day there is only about 10 minutes of playtine and 23 hrs and 50 minutes of gay shows and crap.
Plus When they DO play music, they cut the videos off at half time.
I easily know this because I watch CMT, BET, VH1. And they actually play some music. Sure they have shows, but they dont have 40 different shows on during the day like 'Next' or 'Road Rules'..I mean I dont mind them but its getting out of hand...
Anyone agree or disagree?

Morbid4Daniel
CRAP Im an idiot. Move this thread plz

amity75
I agree. MTV stopped being about music a long time ago. The best music channel (in the UK anyway) is MTV2, it's more or less constant decent music except late at night when it's endless reruns of Jackass.

Morbid4Daniel
I've only saw a few minutes of MTV2. I dont have satellite but Ive seen it on my Aunt's. I mean Id enjoy some Jackass here and there..that's actually a halfway decent show (or was I should say..) but they dont even play it over here!

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
You know its true. Where's all the good videos anymore? Throughout the day there is only about 10 minutes of playtine and 23 hrs and 50 minutes of gay shows and crap.
I easily know this because I watch CMT, BET, VH1. And they actually play some music. Sure they have shows, but they dont have 40 different shows on during the day like 'Next' or 'Road Rules'..I mean I dont mind them but its getting out of hand...

IMO BET and MTV2 are the best. VH1 is okay to.
yes

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah. I wish I had MTV2. BET is awesome though.

Lana
MTV has sucked for years......

Morbid4Daniel
yep. For years.

Dr. Strangelove
The only channel I can stand is Fuse but even they are showing crappy reruns of that "Who wants to be a Fuse dj" show.

As for MTV, I haven't watched that channel for years as I seem to become stupider by the minute when I watch one of their non-music shows which seems to be about 90% of their program.

I've pretty much given up on music channels as I don't see the need when I can just go to Yahoo music or AOL music to see the music video I want to see.

mr.smiley
so true

SlipknoT
Fuse is the Best Music Channel

tabby999
in australia we have Channel V which is a pretty good music channel. has shows but they're just things like request shows or shows for particular genre of music shows. plus they have a double decker bus they take bands around the country and have free concerts and giveaway shows. i got to see Drowning Pool before Dave died because of the channel v tours.

Mtv has only come to aus recently because of cable, but even then its just a added feature you have to pay more for, whereas Channel V is part of the standard package

RedAlertv2
Fuse is the best, as Slipknot said. But even it seems to be going downhill. I have noticed it has started showing less music. But overall, I'd say Fuse keeps it pretty balanced as far as how often it shows what types of music

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel

....Yeah, we know.

Though VH1 doesn't play any more music than MTV, the only difference is that their shows are slightly more related to music. CMT and VH1 are also owned by the same company as MTV.

BackFire
MTV has sucked for ages.

eggmayo
I'm lucky I can't afford any shito music channels eh?

cad
yeah i think that MTV is crap now.

Deathblow
I never used watch any music TV in the states, especially not MTV. There's a couple of channels here in England that play good stuff late at night, but that's about it.

The only good thing about MTV is of course the legendary Jackass.

Morbid4Daniel
Yep, egg..

Aww thats poo! We dont even get Jackass anymore over here.

BasketCase
They hardly play that anymore, either.
Usually the only time i see music videos is early in the morning.

Morbid4Daniel
I know they dont BC. Me too! I dont mind things like...ex: Meet the Barkers, because thats someone who IS IN the music business. aka Blink 182 drummer (If I am correct). I mean thats alright, but NEXT and all those dating shows..thats whack man.

Freaky Zeeky
MTV2 is much better.
yes

moonwalker741
MTV sucks so bad, Music Television, Where most of the shows are reality shows..... i prefer VH1...... i wish i had fuse, i only have standard cable

Darth Jello
MTV has always sucked, i mean it took 2 years of industry pressure to get them to play music by black artists like prince ("we don't cater to fringe groups"wink. I will now list the only cool things MTV has ever done:
MTV news specials
rock the vote
Beavis and butthead
liquid television
the state
MTV Odditites (The Head, the maxx, Aeon fluxx, Brothers Grunt)
Daria
The Jon Stewart Show
Remote Control
not to mention a time when you could see Nirvana, sonic youth, the ramones, butthole surfers, primus, PiL, Garbage, Cypress Hill, Ministry, Slayer, and even Jello Biafra and TSOL on mtv. The only place to see good videos anymore is DVD, P2P, bands' websites or public access tv

Morning_Glory
I hate all the reality shows that are on MTV now... actually thats about all they have now..

the worse show they have is Sweet 16 -- spoiled kids.. whinning and crying over not getting what they want... i hate hate that show

StinkFist462
lets go spend 64694646 dollars for one day that wont mean shit to me when im 17 eek!

D-Double
Originally posted by Darth Jello
MTV has always sucked, i mean it took 2 years of industry pressure to get them to play music by black artists like prince ("we don't cater to fringe groups"wink. I will now list the only cool things MTV has ever done:
MTV news specials
rock the vote
Beavis and butthead
liquid television
the state
MTV Odditites (The Head, the maxx, Aeon fluxx, Brothers Grunt)
Daria
The Jon Stewart Show
Remote Control
not to mention a time when you could see Nirvana, sonic youth, the ramones, butthole surfers, primus, PiL, Garbage, Cypress Hill, Ministry, Slayer, and even Jello Biafra and TSOL on mtv. The only place to see good videos anymore is DVD, P2P, bands' websites or public access tv

Yup... sad

It's been all downhill since the first Real World. MTV2 was kool (for like a month) before they started putting sh!tty shows on that too. When M2 first came out, I was in heaven. Then they screwed that up real good.

... disgust

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I hate all the reality shows that are on MTV now... actually thats about all they have now..

the worse show they have is Sweet 16 -- spoiled kids.. whinning and crying over not getting what they want... i hate hate that show

For real. Didnt they take that show off the air? I havent seen it in a while. Maybe its just me.

Darth Jello
well, the guy that took over viacom (which is one of the media monopolies and owns mtv, blockbuster, vh1 etc.) after turning blockbuster into family friendly dreck with no respect for movies as its CEO is a certain guy named H. Wayne Wzenga. this is the same guy who previously ran one of the world's most infamous polluters/illegal dumpers-Waste Management Inc.
The main reason that music and animation/creativity in general suffers is the same reason why real journalism suffers. Media consolidation especially after repeal of the fairness act by everyone's favorite sack of shit-ronald reagan. All of these consolidation laws that were repealed by the Republicans and the corporately corrupt democrats were ANTITRUST laws for a reason. Now our entertainment is corrupting it's audience with a world view that condemns science, reason, love, charity, reality, tolerance, creativity, humor, and art while touting ignorance, wealth, evangelism, consumerism, war, hedonism, narcissism, homophobia, classism, sexism, racism, nationalism, sensationalism, iconism, and greed as being the highest virtues of the human race. That's why the only channels i watch anymore are NBC, MSNBC, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Animal Planet, Discovery, and the History Channel. Boy bands and the latest pop scum aren't music, rap fueds aren't music, corporate rock or reunions of dinasaur bands devoid of whatever creativety they ever had aren't music, michael Jackson, Jean Bennet, Tonya Harding, Chandra Levy, Runaway Bride, OJ Simpson aren't news.

There are two ways of keeping a population uninformed and stupid:
1. Censor or limit their access to information
2. Bombard them with so much information that they can't judge what's important and what isn't.

think about it.

Doubledee90
Ok I have watched MTV and i saw a show meet the Barkers or the Jessica Simpson show and whatever. And honestly I really dont care of how they live their lives. Like WHO CARES!!! its their life and it isnt that great. I have my own life that I will live.

Morbid4Daniel
True. I could live without watching other people live their lives, but there are some reality shows like that that I HAVE favored..

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Morning_Glory

So don't watch it.

Puzzles me, that.

-AC

ickeris2003
yes mtv has become very boring lately. all day long they show repeats of real world, inferno this and that its very annoying and boring. I mean i do enjoy watching the shows but do they have to show them all day long?!? mtv2, fuse are the only decent programs that actually show music videos throught the day. mtv is going down the sinkhole big time

Morbid4Daniel
I agree with ickeris on that one, a couple hours on it is okay, but not all day every day of the wekk.

Red Superfly
MTV is awful today. It truly is utter garbage.

I watch MTV2 but even that has started to become "me-too-band" home.

CorderaMitchell
I agree with all of this, I thought music shows would be the last thing to get old, but I was wrong, they put gimmicks in there to keep people watching, Vh1 isn't close behind, either, but I like it a little more..

Morbid4Daniel
thumb up Totally

Sadako of Girth
On our holiday in Spain recently, the missus and myself stayed in a hotel where MTV2 europe was on the tv set so as there was like BBC world news or CNN to choose from along with it out of the english speaking channels, we wound up watching it....

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....!!!!!! WHHHHYYYYY GODDD WHHHHYYYY.....?

It was like 70% ringtone commercials 70% of which was for Akon's
"Im Lonely".... It amazed us that sometimes the commercial played TWICE in the same minute, such was the regularity of said garbage....

And then, when the music did play, it was mainly Akon's "lonely"...!!!!
( with some Black Eyed Peas, Will Smith and some German Arena rock type band thrown in..)
the rotation of this was SO frequent, so heavy and so brainwashing that after the 3rd day, we preferred the news channels for our music.... LOL

Die MTV...!!! Diiiiieeeeeeee.....!!!!!!

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah they do that here, but mostly on BET. I hate the damn ringtone commercials, jeeze.

Lol. I remember how they played those songs out on the Reg music channels, AND the damn radio!

Libertine
In England we get Mtv- Which just shows non stop crap programmes
MTV2- Rock music all of the time, it shows great rock music
Mtv Base- for RNB fans
MTV dance- non stop dance music
VH1- shows loads of music mostly pop
VH2- all rock videos
VH classic- 80's music
TMF -pop
The box- pop
smash hits- pop
kiss- rnb and pop
magic- power ballards
Q- pop rock and RNB
Kerrang- heavy metal, rock, indie
The hits- pop
The vault- old ninties pop
B4- any song that hasnt been officially released yet
The charts- channel of pop
Classic FM- classic music
Fizz- hip hop and rock
U music- hip hop, pop and rock
The amp- Indie rock and pop
Scuzz- Heavy metal
Flaunt- pop

Mtv2, VH2, Q and Kerrang are my fave channels

Lord_Andres
MTV has been crap since like 1994 or so, I remmeber all the good videos, GnR, Bon Jov, Skid Row, and all the great videos, but nope now they show rapers and hip hop along with the dreadful other videos like Greenday and allt hat crap, and they turment us with all those NUTHIUNG WHAT SO EVER ABOUT MUSIC SHOWS, and I cant stand those camera guys, I's pure pain to just watch those shows, ALL OF THEM!

Alpha Centauri
It's not shit now just because they don't play your favourite bands.

It's shit because it's shit.

-AC

Freaky Zeeky
confused

Lord_Andres
Well, let me rather put it this way, 'the bands I like' tend to be both more musical talented then that wich is on MTV right now, ask any musician who has bigger talent um Yngwie Malmsteen or the so called guitar player in System Of Down or what be it of all the new bands, now All know that answer, all that have heard Yngwie Malmsteen, wheter YOU like it or not, but he is the better guitar player, its like comparing Bach to 5year old children that have never seen a instrument in their life! ya thats how it is, also the vocalist of the 80' early 90' where MUCH better singers, they had a a much better voice, and they could also make alot better melodies then the bands today, and just write awesome lyrics! now what MVT is suppose to do IMO is show music videos, so by all means show the once with best music and cool videos, and also have interviews with the musicans, not freakin show some lame guys calling them self men play around have doing stunts, hell I would turn on MTV for one reason MUSIC ON THE TELEVISON! not stuns, or that show with those guys building cars, and all that stuff that has no place on a music tv!

Alpha Centauri
Who's the bigger talent out of Malmsteen and Daron Malakian?

Daron.

Why? Because whilst Malmsteen is possibly the fastest guitarist ever, he knows nothing about making good or average music. He makes shit music.

He's the better guitar player? No he's not. He's faster, probably more technically able. That means nothing, he makes shit music. Daron doesn't.

All this coming from a man who thinks Bon Jovi are the best band ever.

You're opinion is damn near null and void.

-AC

Lord_Andres
Nope your wrong about both Malmsteen, he can make music damn well, it has amazing melodies, it has good singing and good writing aswell, he aint just fast, you've most likely heard only 1 or 2 songs of him, perhaps more, i happend to ahve a die hard fan as a friend and I've heard over 100 songs, both fast and also those not just fast, and he knows what hes doing alot better then Daron Malakian, I've heard all those System of a down songs, in most of the songs he ruins the whole shit after like 10 secs, why cause they simply cant hold the mask up for longer, crap band!

Darth Revan
You can't even compare Daron Malakian with Yngwie Malmsteen, it's a completely different style of guitar. Besides which, speed isn't a huge indicator of talent. Most anybody can learn to play an instrument really fast, but that won't make them a good writer. Malmsteen deserves some respect for being such a fast guitarist, but I'll take Malakian over him any day. He's an annoying, corny idiot. SOAD on the other hand are a reasonably unique band who have something virtually all hair metal bands lack: talent.

Deathblow
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
I've heard all those System of a down songs, in most of the songs he ruins the whole shit after like 10 secs

Try listening to more than 10 seconds of Psycho and then saying that again.

Lord_Andres

Alpha Centauri

Lord_Andres
'Every musicians knows that' I ment that they just know say John norum can play better then that System dude, they know it damn well, also what the blue fu(k is the Rocky Horror Picture Show? I've never heard of that sorry, must be one of those reality shows you keep watching, and about the singers, are you acturly saying that Bon Jovi sings fake? and the System guy is singing pure? no infact he aint singing for the most part its just shouting and thats not singing, please dont confuse the two, you'd make a big mistake if you'd do that, and honestly why do you say Bon Jovi is fake singing?, he aint faking, he is holding the tone perfectly and his voice is also quite deep at times, and its simply just beautiful, so no not fake, and the same gose for Joey Tempest singer in Europe holds every tone perfect, and pure, can that dreadful shouter in SOAD say that? nope? thats a blood ugly voice he's got, and no SOAD dont have more talent in making music, just listen to all the amazing melodies Europe,Bon Jovi, skid Row, and hell also Bryan Admas for that matter make, and all beautiful melodies, they acturly pay attention ot the art of music they make, now malmsteen's music is not bad in aanyway, it's quite original, and not bad, he takes alot of inspiration for the masters of old (Bach, Vivialdi, Beettowen, Mozart) and also from Jimi Hendriks, and deep purple, and what you get is a super musician, he's solos, and playing is simply beautiful, and he always has a superb singer in the badn along all the others, and what is that shit you say? Joey from Manowar just a medicro bass player, lol ya your lost for sure!, hey wanna join us in mid 05? whats that all about? you trying to say that I'ma bit to old school or some lame shit? well let me tell you 1 thing, good art (music in this matter) never gets bad cause of age, whats gonna be next, in 20 years from now, your gonna hate SOAD why cause they'r old? thats so pointless what you said about 'join us in 05' duhhhhhh

Lord_Andres
Oh I ment high tones, he can hold well, but also deep asweel, hey listen to these songs and tell me they sing bad

Europe - Carrie
Yngwie Malmsteen - Forever One
Bon Jovi - Santa Fe
Dare - Silent Thunder
Steelheart - she's gone
Skid Row - I Remember You

just some of my fav songs of those bands, check them out and tell me they are singing fake, and also that that guy in SOAD is a better singer, ya you do that

Red Superfly
Guys guys, stop fighting, don't you see that this is what the big corporations want us to do? The war is out there man, OUT THERE!

And MTV sucks.

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Guys guys, stop fighting, don't you see that this is what the big corporations want us to do? The war is out there man, OUT THERE!

And MTV sucks.
What the f**k?
Who was fighting?

Ronny
Originally posted by Lana
MTV has sucked for years......

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah...It'll probably only get worse over the years. scared *Cringes*

alcoholicpoet
MTV hasn't been the same since the death of grunge rock. Then it was taken over by shitty rap and RnB artists, and stupid reality shows.

Morbid4Daniel
I agree on the reality show part. And halfway on the rap and RnB, but some of them are good artists..(if you like that kind of stuff like I do)

ragesRemorse
Mtv is the devil. I believe Mtv has turned America into the thug nation and single handedly ressurected the teeny boppers. In a given day, there is 20 hours of bad shows, and four hours of the same bands playing in different orders. Mtv will make you famous, and all you have to do is give them your soul.

StinkFist462
ok MTV sucks. end of stroy.

Korri
Stick it to the man!

el_barto
I hate MTV so much, just because there is no music, and even when there is it's complete crap and I have to deal with Carson Daily's bull. VH1 plays a little more but not much.... its sad really sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.