Saved!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I just watched this movie last night. Pretty funny.

Oh and to the mods this is meant to be a serious discussion about the issues touched upon in Saved!

DeRFmAn
is it with that one young chick singer/actress?

Draco69
Mandy Moore. Yep. I liked the clever jabs about the hypocrisy of hardcore Evangelical Christians.

tabby999
this will get moved to the movie discusion forum

Your Angel
I hated the movie. I found it to be stupid and pointless

Tptmanno1
I thought it was great.
Very well done too.

IceWithin
yeah it was a pretty decent film... I did love the christian hypocrisy.

debbiejo
Never heard of it. So I guess it was about someone who got saved?
If so, this might be moved to the religious forum...I don't watch too much TV...Though I do like Sci Fi

AdventChild
Originally posted by Your Angel
I hated the movie. I found it to be stupid and pointless
Oh how i so agree with you!

IceWithin
let me guess, you're a christian??

Originally posted by debbiejo
Never heard of it. So I guess it was about someone who got saved?
If so, this might be moved to the religious forum...I don't watch too much TV...Though I do like Sci Fi

not exactly.. its about kids in a christian school

Tptmanno1
And how they break away from it.

Lana
I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told that I'd like it a lot.

Your Angel
Originally posted by IceWithin
let me guess, you're a christian??

not exactly.. its about kids in a christian school

I am a christian but that doesn't matter, I wasn't insulted, but it was like watching Napolean Dynamite. It was as i said earlier, stupid and pointless

spidergrl
I loved this movie, and the issues and how they raised them on it was awsome happy

IceWithin
Originally posted by Lana
I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told that I'd like it a lot.

yeah... I mean its not exactly a very MATURE movie... but it's fun

Originally posted by Your Angel
I am a christian but that doesn't matter, I wasn't insulted, but it was like watching Napolean Dynamite. It was as i said earlier, stupid and pointless

ur taste in movies, suck. IMO

Tex
I loved it and its wonderful positive message. thumb up

Darth Revan
It's not nearly as stupid or pointless as Napolean Dynamite. In fact, there's very little stupid or pointless about it. It has its share of stupid humor, but it's also very clever at times, and as Tex said there is a very positive message beneath it all: a true Christian loves and accepts people as who and what they are.

IceWithin
Originally posted by Darth Revan
It's not nearly as stupid or pointless as Napolean Dynamite. In fact, there's very little stupid or pointless about it. It has its share of stupid humor, but it's also very clever at times, and as Tex said there is a very positive message beneath it all: a true Christian loves and accepts people as who and what they are.

exactly, but napoleon dynamite is not stupid and pointless

Darth Revan
Actually, it is. That's why it's funny.

spidergrl
Originally posted by Darth Revan

exactly stick out tongue

BackFire
Still haven't seen this movie, the previews made it look really really really REALLY stupid and bland. Also a movie starring Mandi Moore isn't generally the best source for religious satire these days, I'd rather get my religious satire from South Park or The Simpsons anyday.

That said, I guess I should check the movie out since it's gotten positive reviews and what not.

spidergrl
You should.

I saw the previews and I admit ...... I wasn't going to see it. But it is truely a good movie! and im not a good fan of Mandi Moore ...... and this movie made me hate her even more ....... so im happy! happy

Draco69
South Park is gospel to me. Love it.

Simpsons USED to be. But not anymore. It needs new writers. Badly.

spidergrl
I can't stand South Park or the Simpsons *waits to be tourtured*

Imaginary
*joins in waiting*

ShotgunWes
I love South Park! The Simpspns are O.K. they were better before. Family guy rules them all!!!

spidergrl
Originally posted by Imaginary
*joins in waiting*

thank you for waiting with me happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.