Lightsaber versus Claws: Maul v Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Let the bloodbath begin...

Darth Plagues
I would go for Maul, but isn't it true that Wolverine can never die?

Gryn Jabar
He can, but it's REALLY hard for him to die, with a lightsaber though, any hit will hurt him BADLY.

Nai Fohl
I would say a lightsaber is able to cut through andamantium (is it spelled like that ?).

If yes, Wolverine is getting killed within seconds.

If not. Well...that would be hard for Maul. At least he can force push Wolverine into some nice lava bath or throw some real heavy things at him. That will hurt enough I guess.

Gryn Jabar
LS's can't cut through adamantium.

Nai Fohl
As I said: If it can't cut through adamantion, Maul can't win here, since he can't kill Wolverine. Just throw so much things at him that he gets burried under thousand tons of waste.

Swanky-Tuna
They have a giant thread about this on the comic board. My stance was that the saber wouldn't cut the adamantium but would pass through his body as if it did. Meaning he'd have big searing disks cut out of him.

Darth Mantis
I seriously doubt that even adamantium claws can match a lightsaber... I say Darth Maul...

Nai Fohl
The problem here is folowing:

Wolverine has the ability to recover very fast from wounds.
Actualy he has a complete scelleton being made of adamantion.
Lightsaber wounds don't bleed because of instant cauterization.

Well. Maul could cut through Wolverine until he hits some of Wolverine bones. Wolverine will actualy nearly lose no blood here. Only things Maul could do:

a) Cut Wolverines inner organs off. Will that kill him ?
b) Hit Wolverine direct in the eye with that lightsaber and turn that thing around a few times so most of Wolverines brain will get desintegrated. Will that kill him ?

The question is: How much physical damage has to be done to Wolverine before he dies ? I don't know...

Crazymaniac
darth maul since it can cut through metal

Gryn Jabar
Did you not read the last 3 posts? Anyway, massive loss of blood caused by a lower power setting on the lightsaber, as done by Kun, would kill Wolverine, as with loss of major organs.

Bobafetty
Maul cuts up both Wolverines claws with his double saber in one swipe. Then just stabs him. It's that simple.

Swanky-Tuna
Because lightsabers are a weapon of science and adamantium easily survives direct nuke hits, I just go with sabers not cutting but not blocking as not to have to deal with fanboys whining about the strength of adamantium.

Bobafetty
Is this post aimed toward me?

mikkosison_360
I read in a Star Wars book that lightsabers are a beam of energy capable of cutting through anything, except another lightsaber blade. I'm not sure thought that George Lucas had adamantium in mind.

Darth L. Dipsit
This is true. It is mass accelerated to 3.0 x 10^8 m/s. The only thing it cannot cut is another sample of pure energy (blaster bolts, lightsaber beams, etc.) I don't think Wolverine would stand a chance. Here it is, though:

http://holonesquik.free.fr/Wolverine%20VS%20Darth%20Maul.jpg

HimoKun
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Did you not read the last 3 posts? Anyway, massive loss of blood caused by a lower power setting on the lightsaber, as done by Kun, would kill Wolverine, as with loss of major organs.

No, since Wolverine was shot in the head and he still lived.

Darth L. Dipsit
Energy transcends density. Adamantium is no match for a lightsaber. And say, for the record, that Wolverine got cut. The wound would be instantly cotorized by the heat of the lightsaber, so I don't think Wolverine could heal himself. His body would no longer be one functional system. If he were cut at his waste, for example, the wound would be burned shut, so that it is no longer healable (if a blood vessel is snipped and then the cut ends are burned shut, they cannot be put back together - Wolvie would suffocate or have a heart attack or something like that, assuming he wasn't cut in two, I am fairly sure). This is most accurate conceptually. Not to disagree - I used to like Wolverine a great deal. However, medical and anatomical science is not disputable, I think, in this case. So one side is right regarding this matter.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think adamantium's ever been cut.

And it's comic science. Wolverine is a beast beyond logic due to fandom. He's regenerated from burn wounds before which means when it comes to logic, he just doesn't care.

But the blaring weakness that every non-pro-wolverine arguement has pointed out is the spinal cord.

Instead of attacking the strengths like amateurs, exploit the weakness. Take out the disks!
Originally posted by HimoKun
No, since Wolverine was shot in the head and he still lived.
Wolverine has an adamantium skull.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
This is true. It is mass accelerated to 3.0 x 10^8 m/s. The only thing it cannot cut is another sample of pure energy (blaster bolts, lightsaber beams, etc.) I don't think Wolverine would stand a chance. Here it is, though:

Where did you get that kickass pic?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
they can cut through adamantium.

adamantium can beat melted down as we see in x2.

lightsaber can cut through anything but another laser.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
even if it couldnt(it can)

maul will win.

TraptUnderIce
For the sake of argument I don't think it can cut through adamantium. Wasn't there something in the Thrawn Crisis that Luke couldn't cut through? Either way I'd say that if Maul can cut through adamantium he could shove the saber into Logan's head and just let it sit in his brain for a while not allowing it to heal back for like 5 seconds til the brain dies.

Darth_Rankkor
Maul would win. Even if not with his saber. In a alternative story from marvel, magneto makes wolverine to cut his own throat thus dying. Same thing would happen. Maul just need to cut wolverine's throat. This, assuming that the light sabre wouldn't cut throught the adamantium, which I seriously doubt.

Kun-ni Habeo
i think saber can cut through adamantium

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
adamantium can beat melted down as we see in x2.
Adamantium is created by using certain processing on... iron I think. It must stay molten because if it cools it turns into adamantium and can't be remelted. I know this not only because I've read the comic history but because that's how Stryker explained it in the movie when they showed the very vats of molten pre-adamantium you're talking about.

They may not of gone into its base being iron... but they explained how adamantium is created.

Nai Fohl
Actually a lightsaber can't cut through:

-cortosis ore, capable of repelling or even shorting out a lightsaber blade (as shown in "I, Jedi" and in KOTOR)
-the unnamed metal superconductor used for ship armour hundreds of years before the Empire (as shown in "Shatterpoint"wink
-Mandalorian Iron ("Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith" comic)

So you can argue if a lightsaber could cut through adamantium.

BUT Dipsit and Rankkor got me to some terrible (for Wolvie) ideas here:

a)
Maul just has to use the force to keep Wolverine in position and than cut his throat with his lightsaber. The wound will immediatly cauterize because of the lightsabers heat. So there is no blood (and oxygen) transported to Wolverines brain any longer and he dies.

b)
Maul can use the force and pull the adamantium out of Wolverines body (splatter action).

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
a) Maul just has to use the force to keep Wolverine in position and than cut his throat with his lightsaber. The wound will immediatly cauterize because of the lightsabers heat. So there is no blood (and oxygen) transported to Wolverines brain any longer and he dies.
Maul could just use a technique that would work and behead him. Wolverine has regenerated charred wounds before. I know he shouldn't but he does.

You mean seperate it from the bones and stuff? That would be powerful messy but neat to see. For a while. I imagine it'd get as boring as shucking oysters after a while since there are so many bones.

Fishy
When using the force its actually very possible to break every bone in somebody's body, doesn't matter what kind of material it is, I don't know if Maul is powerful enough to do it but a powerful Sith could destroy every bone in somebody's body.

Darth Abominus
Originally posted by Fishy
When using the force its actually very possible to break every bone in somebody's body, doesn't matter what kind of material it is, I don't know if Maul is powerful enough to do it but a powerful Sith could destroy every bone in somebody's body.

i doubt maul could do that. someone like revan, exar kun or kreia i'd imagine could very likely.

i mean no offense but this thread is kinda sour, i mean there's just no chance for wolvie wink unless throwin in juggernaut in the picture most comic book characters don't stand a chance

Creshosk
Originally posted by Fishy
When using the force its actually very possible to break every bone in somebody's body, doesn't matter what kind of material it is, I don't know if Maul is powerful enough to do it but a powerful Sith could destroy every bone in somebody's body. Adamantium bones that have been bonded on a molecular level?

Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
In a alternative story from marvel, magneto makes wolverine to cut his own throat thus dying. In a recent avengers wolverine's claws were jammed into his throat, but that didn't kill him.

Maul should win this, he's got the force, so there should be nothing wolverine can do to maul.

But that lightsaber isn't going to work as it's been pointed out that there are materials in SW that can't be cut, and adamantium has survived the heat of the sun (though it took the help of the phoenix to keep wolverine from dying)

You'd have to fry all of Wolverine's organic material in order to kill him.

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Because lightsabers are a weapon of science and adamantium easily survives direct nuke hits, I just go with sabers not cutting but not blocking as not to have to deal with fanboys whining about the strength of adamantium. If the lightsaber doesn't block adamantium, and vice versa, Maul's weapon is virtually useless.

Gryn Jabar
Maul could tear his skeleton from his skin, not destroying the skeleton itself. Remember that in AoA wolverine was killed via sentinel blast, but his skeleton survived.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Creshosk
If the lightsaber doesn't block adamantium, and vice versa, Maul's weapon is virtually useless.
It's still good for cutting organic matter. Especially the parts holding the bones together that aren't laced with adamantium.
Maul could tear his skeleton from his skin, not destroying the skeleton itself. Remember that in AoA wolverine was killed via sentinel blast, but his skeleton survived.
Alternate realities are different. He wasn't nearly as popular back then.

Gryn Jabar
True, but let's assume that slavering at the mouth fanfs have nothing to do with this fight. Also, lets throw JP in there, how would he do?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
force choke.

either way, maul wins.

Creshosk
True, but let's assume that slavering at the mouth fanfs have nothing to do with this fight. Also, lets throw JP in there, how would he do? JP?

He'd own both of these guys like they were nothing.

It's still good for cutting organic matter. Especially the parts holding the bones together that aren't laced with adamantium. Well what I'm saying is the the saber wouldn't block the claws either. If Maul doesn't start off with a force attack wolverine is going to kill him from the first attack.

Revan Darkstar
Maul force chokes him, wolfy can't do anything about that

Swanky-Tuna
Well what I'm saying is the the saber wouldn't block the claws either. If Maul doesn't start off with a force attack wolverine is going to kill him from the first attack.
First attack? Selling Maul a little short aren't you?

Creshosk
First attack? Selling Maul a little short aren't you? If Wolverine attacks with his claws, the natural instinct would be to try and block. The claws pass through the blade that was supposed to block the claws and. . . wolverine lands a hit with his claws. . . that were not blocked. . . by the lightsaber maul thought would block the claws. . . but didn't. . .

Have I said it enough different ways to get what I was thinking across?it's not sarcasm, I'm just not very eloquent with words sometimes . . .

Darth_DaNThEMaN
wolverine.....in all sincerity.....is a b1tch compared to any sith.

nuff said.

Boris
Mr Maul.

Nai Fohl
Adamantium bones that have been bonded on a molecular level?

Well...maybe my memories are not that accurate here...I thought Wolverines bones had the adamantium around them and therefore can not be broken from the "outside". A force user could crush them without doing any damage to the adamantium. That would be a lot of pain I think.

Also Maul could "freeze" Wolverine completely through the force and than cut the whole flesh from the bones. I doubt that Wolverine would survive that since there would be nothing left to heal.

Creshosk
Well...maybe my memories are not that accurate here...I thought Wolverines bones had the adamantium around them and therefore can not be broken from the "outside". A force user could crush them without doing any damage to the adamantium. That would be a lot of pain I think. The characters have been undergoing alot of changes, the adamantium was removed by magneto some time ago, then when it was put in it was bonded on a molecular level.

Also Maul could "freeze" Wolverine completely through the force and than cut the whole flesh from the bones. I doubt that Wolverine would survive that since there would be nothing left to heal. He wouldn't be fast enough to get it all off before he healed back.

Maul could still win though. But he'd have to use the force. . .

Swanky-Tuna
If Wolverine attacks with his claws, the natural instinct would be to try and block. The claws pass through the blade that was supposed to block the claws and. . . wolverine lands a hit with his claws. . . that were not blocked. . . by the lightsaber maul thought would block the claws. . . but didn't. . .
But saber users know lightsabers to cut through anything. It makes more sense that he'd try to cut his claws off rather than try to block something that he thinks his saber will just sheer off and thus not block in the first place.

Nai Fohl
The characters have been undergoing alot of changes, the adamantium was removed by magneto some time ago, then when it was put in it was bonded on a molecular level.

Erm...bonded on a molecular level ? Does that mean that you have the adamantium somewhere in the bones ? Well...I think you could still pull it out with the force.

Well. I didn't read comics for a long time but I don't think Wolverine is healing that fast. Having Wolverine who can't move Maul could cut pretty much stuff off...

Darth_Rankkor
Maul would win and that's that

Creshosk
Erm...bonded on a molecular level ? Does that mean that you have the adamantium somewhere in the bones ? Well...I think you could still pull it out with the force. you'd pull the bones with it unless you can seperate the molecules. . .

Well. I didn't read comics for a long time but I don't think Wolverine is healing that fast. Having Wolverine who can't move Maul could cut pretty much stuff off... Haven't read one recently have you?

Creshosk
But saber users know lightsabers to cut through anything. It makes more sense that he'd try to cut his claws off rather than try to block something that he thinks his saber will just sheer off and thus not block in the first place. But that's still the problem, he tries to cut the claws off, fails and is still hit by wolverine.

The saber won't stop the claws, it's like trying to block with a flashlight from the way you have it set up.

Swanky-Tuna
But that's still the problem, he tries to cut the claws off, fails and is still hit by wolverine.

The saber won't stop the claws, it's like trying to block with a flashlight from the way you have it set up.
But, hypothetically, if he didn't dodge after cutting off Wolverine's claws he's still get hit. He'd likely do one of those fancy shmancy bullfighter type moves where you attack while dodging.

Either way, Maul isn't going to be counting on his saber to block Wolverine's claws. Or rather, not counting on Wolverine's claws blocking his saber because in his mind he's going to cut through them just like every other metal.

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
Maul force chokes him, wolfy can't do anything about that
Exactly. Wolverine crudely charges Maul and gets forced choked along the way. It's that simple. Wolverine is way out of his league here.

Creshosk
But, hypothetically, if he didn't dodge after cutting off Wolverine's claws he's still get hit. He'd likely do one of those fancy shmancy bullfighter type moves where you attack while dodging.

Either way, Maul isn't going to be counting on his saber to block Wolverine's claws. Or rather, not counting on Wolverine's claws blocking his saber because in his mind he's going to cut through them just like every other metal. And that's where he'd screw up.

It's obviously not goic to block or cut the claws. That's the problem.

Maul wins through the use of the force, not the lightsaber.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Exactly. Wolverine crudely charges Maul and gets forced choked along the way. It's that simple. Wolverine is way out of his league here. Thats a better idea than going lightsaber aganst the claws. And that's how he could win.

Wickerman
from what i could tell from these discussions, the lightsaber shouldn't be able to CUT through the attacking adamantium claws, but be able to repell them, as in not just go through them without hurting it in any way. So after a while as Maul realizes all of wolverine's skeleton is protected, he could just force grip wolverine, hold him in the air and stab his lightsaber in wolverine's eye. I'd sure love to see Wolverine heal from that.
And also, if he could, it wouldn't be instant. Please don't confuse wolverine with deadpool mkay? The fight would still be won by Maul, and not JUST by using the force.

~wickerman~

Creshosk
Originally posted by Wickerman
from what i could tell from these discussions, the lightsaber shouldn't be able to CUT through the attacking adamantium claws, but be able to repell them, as in not just go through them without hurting it in any way. So after a while as Maul realizes all of wolverine's skeleton is protected, he could just force grip wolverine, hold him in the air and stab his lightsaber in wolverine's eye. I'd sure love to see Wolverine heal from that.
And also, if he could, it wouldn't be instant. Please don't confuse wolverine with deadpool mkay? The fight would still be won by Maul, and not JUST by using the force.

~wickerman~ If the claws are repealed that means they could block each other.

And why wouldn't it be instant? Wolverine has been healing instantly.

Wickerman
If the claws are repealed that means they could block each other.

And why wouldn't it be instant? Wolverine has been healing instantly.

yeah, they could block each other.
And has he healed instantly from wounds as grave as a lightsaber in his brain??? (i find Marvel comicbook inconsistency FAR greater than SW. I mean they make DP out to have a much quicker regenerative power than Wolverine, but now HE can heal at the same rate?)

~wickerman~

Creshosk
yeah, they could block each other.
And has he healed instantly from wounds as grave as a lightsaber in his brain???In his brain? no expression

http://www.bio.psu.edu/faculty/strauss/anatomy/skel/pics/Anterior%20Skull%20copy.jpg

If adamantium stops lightsabers then there's only the blace the optioc nerve goes through.

And it's really difficult to knock him out or even give him a concussion, I think he'd heal from a lightsaber to the eye just fine.

(i find Marvel comicbook inconsistency FAR greater than SW. I mean they make DP out to have a much quicker regenerative power than Wolverine, but now HE can heal at the same rate?)

~wickerman~ Spiderman can talk to insects now and has orgainc webbing. . . Yeah they've been upgrading their characters. . . confused

Wickerman
In his brain? no expression

http://www.bio.psu.edu/faculty/strauss/anatomy/skel/pics/Anterior%20Skull%20copy.jpg

If adamantium stops lightsabers then there's only the blace the optioc nerve goes through.

And it's really difficult to knock him out or even give him a concussion, I think he'd heal from a lightsaber to the eye just fine.

Spiderman can talk to insects now and has orgainc webbing. . . Yeah they've been upgrading their characters. . . confused

Hmmm...i guess my anatomy skills need retuning sad been proven wrong.
And yeah, i know concussions won't hurt him much. I remember the whole Spiderman bashing his head into a tombstone crap. And yeah, i know bout the organic webbing crap too. But this ain't the right forum for that Bub stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Ogami Itto
woveine can't use the force!!! one force chopke later Mauls the VIctpr!!!oooo drunk

Swanky-Tuna
Just. Cut. The. Spine.

Creshosk
Hmmm...i guess my anatomy skills need retuning sad been proven wrong.
And yeah, i know concussions won't hurt him much. I remember the whole Spiderman bashing his head into a tombstone crap. And yeah, i know bout the organic webbing crap too. But this ain't the right forum for that Bub stick out tongue

~wickerman~ Nah, it's just to show how the characters have been powered up.

Maul wins this because of the Force

Just. Cut. The. Spine. Where? Because I'm still not convinced that would work.

Swanky-Tuna
Where? Because I'm still not convinced that would work.
Between the vertebrae.

turboman1691
The real point here is this: adamantium is INDESTRUCTIBLE. It cannot be cut by a light saber. There is only one being capable of manipulating adamantium and that is Magneto, and that is because his power gives him complete control over all metal and adamantium is a metal. Mags innately has dominion over all metal, even ones that are otherwise indestrucible. But Mags aside, no other character is destroying adamantium. (well maybe molecule rearrangers like nate grey, but hey those guys are like gods).

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, do you really think Adamantium would be a match for a lightsaber guided by the force?!
You're daffy

Jaster Mereel
But wolverine's claws aren't cortosis, so Maul would just mess 'em up at the start unless I missed something

Se7in
Wolverine's skeleton has been removed and he lived. Magneto did it to Wolverine, but Wolverine still tried to release his claw, putting so much stress, his bones came out. Look at that pic at Maul vs. Wolvie, notice his claws are bone. So that wouldn't kill him. Wolverine would eventually win this fight. Maul would have to live every second aware of Wolvie, never sleeping. Maul would eventually have to die, while Wolvie would keep living. Wolvie will definitely outlive Maul, given Wolverine was born in sometime around 1802 and doesn't look over his 30's.

Jaster Mereel
But if he was cut in half by a lightsaber beam, his genes couldn't mend the whole severed body, could they?

Se7in
That, I don't know. But Wolverine's claws are bone, and a lightsaber will definitely cut them. The new question is: What is Wolverine's mode of regeneration? If Wolvie's body was servered, I believe the legs would die, but the rest of his body that is attached to his brain would regenerate.

turboman1691
look at the star wars movies, the light sabre had trouble cutting through the blast door in episode one, and when they closed the heavy blast doors, it wouldn't cut it at all, Qui Gon had to insert it and wait for it to melt. Now granted I don't know what type of metal this is, but no mention was ever made of an indestructible metal in star wars so we can assume it was just hardened steel or something similar (something much, much, MUCH, weaker than adamantium). Adamantium is INDESTRUCIBLE.

Se7in
Adamantium is inderstructible to any measures humans have countered yet. But this is Star Wars, in which humans can control lengths of light. For all we known, there could be a hundred things in the SW universe that can cut through adamantium, we don't know, but I would put money on a ligthsaber. But even if it can't, it doesn't matter, Wolverine's claws are made of bone.

DarthMaul9123
maul takes wolverine ..there's a cartoon that comes on scifi sometimes and one has wolverine and darth maul fighting and maul wins with and electricity shock and a blade to the stomach

DarthMaul9123

thats also a pic i found on the enternet its sweet

Sorgo
Adamantium = Not real.

Lightsaber = Not Real.

No one knows which one would cut through what because they aren't real! You cannot determine which one would win. It is impossible, so stop trying.

If Wolverine tried to jump towards Maul, even if the Lightsaber couldn't go through Wolv's claws, he'd still get f*cked up by Maul.

Sorgo
^ MY 2000TH POST! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

xxxpoppunker182
you guys do know that there are some metals lightsabers CAN'T cutt through but anaomantium isnt one of those mauul would win and lets say a lightsaber can't do that why not just hold wolverine still with the force then rip the anamanium out from his body? i'm sure that would kill him.

Darth_Janus
Jesus, what a damn stupid post to argue.

One, there is no specifications on Wolverine's abilities. This is important because in about '93 he had the adamantium twisted and pulled out of his body quite painfully by Magneto. He survived, but he was mentally scarred, and left the X-Men for a time. His claws still exist, but they are bone. They are quite strong, don't get me wrong. But a lightsaber would cleave him in pieces. And despite what most comic fanboys think, Wolverine's healing powers aren't on par with Deadpool's, and he could be rendered completely immobile and helpless with a well-placed strike (Or just use the Force to control his own hands and make him pin himself to a wall)

Two, everyone rants and raves that adamantium can't be destroyed, but apparently it can be pulled out and twisted by Magneto with relatively no problem. Granted, Magneto's power is immense, but if he can bend the metal to his will, it is malleable. And thus it can be bent, if not outright destroyed. Now, a lightsaber burns hot enough to get through space age blast doors. All metal is simply liquid moving very slowly at room temperature. Under such hot extremes, even Wolverine's adamantium would distort and melt. He could literally be undone with a few well placed blows, and considering how easily Maul could keep Wolverine immobile (Remember, Magneto could will Wolverine to a stop easily. A Sith Lord, even one as relatively minor as Maul, could do something similar, or arrange for Wolverine to be still enough to do damage). Point being, if average human beings (read: the scientists who created Weapon X) can control and manipulate the metal, and it can be turned into liquid form and can be grafted to his skeleton, it can also be forceably removed or even like I said, distorted by the raw heat of the lightsaber. All you people saying "adamantium is INDESTRUCTIBLE" are seriously brainslow and need to go back to science class and pay attention. Nothing is indestructible, save for the very smallest parts of an atom perhaps. Things are only hard and solid in comparison to other objects at a given temperature. If you have a weapon that is like a piece of the sun, shoving it anywhere near or in the body of someone who has plated metal on their skeletal system (Which in itself is ultimate bullshit for you right there) that stuff is going to come unglued.

The end result is Wolverine getting schooled by a Sith lord with power of the Force, and the ability to rend his body, piece by piece, and distort his skeletal shell to the point where Wolverine, should he survive, would be wishing he hadn't.

And about Wolverine not being able to be amputated... didn't he have only one damn arm in Bishop's alternate future? How do you explain that?

Darth Faunus
Janus' done his comic book homework. . .

Spelljammer
If Darth Maul had no control over The Force, Wolverine could possibly win this fight. (After a nice beating from Maul and his lightsaber though..) But with The Force, Wolverine is litteraly toast. You see, if Darth Maul uses Force Lightning, Wolverine's heart will stop from the electric shock. Or Maul could just telkeneticaly break Wolvie's heart. Whichever he wants. But Force Lightning is more realiable as it also shuts down the brain..

But I'd like to add that it's a myth that metal conducts with electricity. Though Wolverine's in no position to believe differantly..

But hell, why would they fight? I could see Maul being told by The Emperor telekeniticaly to push Wolverine over the edge so he can become a puppet to the sith's plans. The guy has all the requirements to make a great pawn to the darkside. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to introduce him to The Force, but he'd make a great meat shield..

Darth Faunus
Metal does conduct electricity. . .

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Metal does conduct electricity. . .
I saw it on mythbusters, they took a dummy with alot of peircings, put in another pod a dummy without peircings, and had an electric conducter to see which dummy it would strike first. Only perhaps 6/10 times did the dummy full of metal get shocked over the empty dummy. Making it inconclusive that metal has a SIGNIFICANT factor in attracting electric current, where as it's argubaly just a quincidence.. The only reason perhaps metal could attract electricity is if as said, metal is just water moving at an extremely low velocity in even tempature.. Which would mean pretty much ANYTHING would conduct more electricity then metal as long as it had composed water with a more unstable depth such as the human body..

Darth_Janus
Actually, liquid conduct eletricity pretty damn good. And I'll be Paracelsus' Jewish uncle before I rely on a single demonstration on mythbusters in my already presumptuous fantasy land thesis.

And Faunus, I used to be a huge Marvel fan until about '93 or '94, when Uncanny X-Men dropped my favorite artist, John Romita Jr. in favor of someone who probably did anime beforehand. And I was seriously gettin' pissed with X-Men 2099 making characters become completely inconsistant with their starting roles and personalities by the twelfth issue, (And reuining a plot I thought was damn better than Bloodties or Fatal Attractions) and I gave up on comics. And seeing as they all now look like half assed anime manga wanna be artwork and not the classic, ink penned renditions I grew up with, I protest picking them up.

turboman1691
Originally posted by Se7in
Adamantium is inderstructible to any measures humans have countered yet. But this is Star Wars, in which humans can control lengths of light. For all we known, there could be a hundred things in the SW universe that can cut through adamantium, we don't know, but I would put money on a ligthsaber. But even if it can't, it doesn't matter, Wolverine's claws are made of bone.

The hulk has punched adamantium and it has not bent. You are not going to convince me or any other comic book fan that anything in the SW universe can withstand a direct punch from the hulk.

And as far as his claws being bone, we have to match up the best wolverine against the best maul. If we are just using how they are in the present, then wolvie will most likely win, since Maul is cut in half and um...DEAD.

overlord

Darth Nhilus
Maul would get wolverine while he was running at him. Then he would slice him up.

Dimmimar
Originally posted by turboman1691
The hulk has punched adamantium and it has not bent. You are not going to convince me or any other comic book fan that anything in the SW universe can withstand a direct punch from the hulk.

And as far as his claws being bone, we have to match up the best wolverine against the best maul. If we are just using how they are in the present, then wolvie will most likely win, since Maul is cut in half and um...DEAD.

Come on, I'd wager that Marka Ragnos could beat the Hulk in fisticuffs!

atlant80
grevious's metal feet are very strong and Obi withstood that

Lord Janus

Pay attention. And consider reading my post as shown below. You might -learn- something.

"One, there is no specifications on Wolverine's abilities. This is important because in about '93 he had the adamantium twisted and pulled out of his body quite painfully by Magneto. He survived, but he was mentally scarred, and left the X-Men for a time. His claws still exist, but they are bone. They are quite strong, don't get me wrong. But a lightsaber would cleave him in pieces. And despite what most comic fanboys think, Wolverine's healing powers aren't on par with Deadpool's, and he could be rendered completely immobile and helpless with a well-placed strike (Or just use the Force to control his own hands and make him pin himself to a wall)

Two, everyone rants and raves that adamantium can't be destroyed, but apparently it can be pulled out and twisted by Magneto with relatively no problem. Granted, Magneto's power is immense, but if he can bend the metal to his will, it is malleable. And thus it can be bent, if not outright destroyed. Now, a lightsaber burns hot enough to get through space age blast doors. All metal is simply liquid moving very slowly at room temperature. Under such hot extremes, even Wolverine's adamantium would distort and melt. He could literally be undone with a few well placed blows, and considering how easily Maul could keep Wolverine immobile (Remember, Magneto could will Wolverine to a stop easily. A Sith Lord, even one as relatively minor as Maul, could do something similar, or arrange for Wolverine to be still enough to do damage). Point being, if average human beings (read: the scientists who created Weapon X) can control and manipulate the metal, and it can be turned into liquid form and can be grafted to his skeleton, it can also be forceably removed or even like I said, distorted by the raw heat of the lightsaber. All you people saying "adamantium is INDESTRUCTIBLE" are seriously brainslow and need to go back to science class and pay attention. Nothing is indestructible, save for the very smallest parts of an atom perhaps. Things are only hard and solid in comparison to other objects at a given temperature. If you have a weapon that is like a piece of the sun, shoving it anywhere near or in the body of someone who has plated metal on their skeletal system (Which in itself is ultimate bullshit for you right there) that stuff is going to come unglued.

The end result is Wolverine getting schooled by a Sith lord with power of the Force, and the ability to rend his body, piece by piece, and distort his skeletal shell to the point where Wolverine, should he survive, would be wishing he hadn't."

Darth Nhilus
Very good

atlant80
wow and BTW everything can be destroyed including the smallest part of a atom i believe

Lord Janus
You're refering to fission and fusion. Things can't be destroyed; they can be divided.

atlant80
yea im not god with detail

darth_amethyst
if all else fails maul could friken use mind fisure and blow him up or melt the metal it wouldnt be destroyed cut or watever but it would be melted

Darth_Nefarus
this is almost as ridiculous as my arguement with golem(insert numbers) about how a saber would slice through Juggernaut.

But way to go Janus

Illustrious
That's the issue with lightsabers versus adamantium. Adamantium is unbreakable by comic book standards, and comic books have people flying around and lifting immense weight, and overall not being realistic.

All arguments here will always degenerate into "Lightsabers can cut through adamantium."

"No it can't, adamantium is unbreakable! And resists melting!"
"Yes it can"
"No it can't"
"Yes!"
"No!"

Lord Janus
If it resists melting, how the hell did they ever get it to conform to his skeleton? Or is that another stupor power?

Darth_Glentract
From what I know about it when it forms it is a liquid and will stay a liquid until it cools. Keeping it in a heated tank and then pumping it into someone and then letting it cool. I wonder why you can't re-melt it though.

Lord Janus
If it has a melting point, it can be melted. And since a lightsaber burns hot enough to open blaster doors, it can definately cause damage to a metal skeleton.

Rand al'Thor
I say Maul sweet talks Wolverine into killing himself. stick out tongue

turboman1691
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Pay attention. And consider reading my post as shown below. You might -learn- something.

"One, there is no specifications on Wolverine's abilities. This is important because in about '93 he had the adamantium twisted and pulled out of his body quite painfully by Magneto. He survived, but he was mentally scarred, and left the X-Men for a time. His claws still exist, but they are bone. They are quite strong, don't get me wrong. But a lightsaber would cleave him in pieces. And despite what most comic fanboys think, Wolverine's healing powers aren't on par with Deadpool's, and he could be rendered completely immobile and helpless with a well-placed strike (Or just use the Force to control his own hands and make him pin himself to a wall)

The end result is Wolverine getting schooled by a Sith lord with power of the Force, and the ability to rend his body, piece by piece, and distort his skeletal shell to the point where Wolverine, should he survive, would be wishing he hadn't."

There is only one being capable of manipulating adamantium and that is Magneto, and that is because his power gives him complete control over all metal and adamantium is a metal. Mags innately has dominion over all metal, even ones that are otherwise indestrucible. But Mags aside, no other character is destroying adamantium. (well maybe molecule rearrangers like nate grey, but hey those guys are like gods).

and as for griveous kicking obi wan...does someone really want to argue that a kick from that robot is as powerful as a punch from the hulk??

Darth L. Dipsit
Lightsaber's energy: it is mass accelerated to 3.0 x 10^8 m/s. The only thing it cannot cut is another sample of pure energy (blaster bolts, lightsaber beams, etc.) I don't think Wolverine would stand a chance

http://www.wiu.edu/users/mudjs1/wolvmaulthresh.jpg

The properties of light energy negate the possibility that adamantium can escape a laser unharmed. Due to the kinetic energy of the photons in the lightsaber, they will smash into the adamantium on a submolecular energetic level in terms of polar waves. These, as they are moving so fast, will eventually cause the adamantium particles to accelerate as well (if a marble is hit by another marble, it accelerates - the same is true for any type of molecule or atom), thus causing heat, which will lead to the adamantium changing state. It is the properties of matter and energy that negate the possibility of Wolverine's resistance to photonic/massive heat energy on an electromagnetic level (massive in the sense that the photons can interact with mass, not that the impact is huge or the colloquial "massive"wink. In terms of metals these are fairly secure and patent accepted truths.

overlord
Come on everybody, Maul strips wolverine's flesh off, the lightsaber wouldn't go through the adamantium directly but who cares? Wolverine can't recover from everything, stick this lightsaber through his organs and finish it, i'd say.
It would be unlikely Wolverine would get a shot at Maul as Maul's reflexes are much better.

turboman1691
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
From what I know about it when it forms it is a liquid and will stay a liquid until it cools. Keeping it in a heated tank and then pumping it into someone and then letting it cool. I wonder why you can't re-melt it though.

It can't be remelted because adamantium cannot be melted; it has not melting point. It is an alloy made from various other metals and chemicals all of which have individual melting points, hence the liquid form of the metal that will cool to form the indestrucible adamantium. Once that liquid drys though, the new compound adamantium cannot be turned back into a liquid...i.e. the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. In the case of adamantium, the whole is MUCH greater than the sum of its parts.

I'm not arguing that Wolvie could beat maul, because I'm unsure of how that fight would turn out. I'm simply saying Maul would have to inflict great amounts of internal damage because his saber is not going through wolverines skeleton. Maul def. has a major advantage in this one, I'm just not sure he could do enough damage to wolvie without being hit once, because that's all it would take, one hit and the fight is over, maul has no healing ability. I'm just curious if it wouldn't turn out like wolverine's fight w/ mystique, where she is obviously the better fighter, but she has no way to hurt him badly enough to win the battle???
Granted I am obviously not comparing mystique to maul, because that would just be stupid, I'm just using it as an example.

Lord Janus
Wow, adamantium can't be melted?

That's damn stupid. How the hell did they put it on Wolverine if it doesn't have a melting point? Actually, can you name one metal or even mineral on this planet without a melting point? Or is this more comic book BS obfuscation?

overlord
NoNO!! It vaporizes!! Really!! I saw it!! schmoll

Lord Janus
Uh... alright.

overlord
It's your fault!! You always change subject!! AARGH!!! Maul wins duhh.. Maul's super reflexes help him to strip Wolverine's face off, and within seconds Wolverine's belly will be full of holes! chair

turboman1691
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Wow, adamantium can't be melted?

That's damn stupid. How the hell did they put it on Wolverine if it doesn't have a melting point? Actually, can you name one metal or even mineral on this planet without a melting point? Or is this more comic book BS obfuscation?

Damn stupid, huh? did you even read my post, the main point of it was how the metal got put on wolverine even though it can't be melted. I don't personally agree w/ it but yes, it is more comic book BS. You're right every REAL metal and mineral can be melted and all of them are destructible. Adamantium is not real and is not destructible.

It's the comic book world we're talking about, a guy gets hit w/ gamma radiation and instead of muating and dying he became the most powerful creature in the world...real? I think not, but it happens in the comic book world. If they say adamantium is indestructible in a world that has the hulk, then it is INDESTRUCTIBLE, even in the star wars universe.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by overlord
NoNO!! It vaporizes!! Really!! I saw it!! schmoll

"Sublimes" - vaporize describes the liquid-to-gas change. Though this is perhaps a very stupid point for me to make, the solid-to-gas change is "sublimation." Sorry if that contributed nothing.

ResubianNushi
Damn stupid, huh? did you even read my post, the main point of it was how the metal got put on wolverine even though it can't be melted. I don't personally agree w/ it but yes, it is more comic book BS. You're right every REAL metal and mineral can be melted and all of them are destructible. Adamantium is not real and is not destructible.

It's the comic book world we're talking about, a guy gets hit w/ gamma radiation and instead of muating and dying he became the most powerful creature in the world...real? I think not, but it happens in the comic book world. If they say adamantium is indestructible in a world that has the hulk, then it is INDESTRUCTIBLE, even in the star wars universe.

That's the probem with porting things over. Adamatium is supposed ot by like let's say Cortois in the Star Wars Universe. We can equivilize these things, but not get a exact match. And Adamatium can by melted, otherwise the mineral could never be extracted and made into liquid form unless they mined it from a volcanoe, kept it hot enough through the movement process, which would be near damn impossible, and then put it into someone's body and getting it all the way along his bone structure. It contradicts itself too many times to use it's "Invincible" Theorum.

turboman1691
that is the exact point I tried to make. There is not adamantium mineral to mine. the metal is an alloy, a combination of various other metals and chemicals. Each of those can be melted, but once they are put together and allowed to cool the new substance, adamantium, cannot be melted. At least according to it's comic profile.

Tangible God
Lol, a couple of solid metal claws, no matter what alloy........against a f*ckin LIGHTSBAER?!

Pure, focused energy, outerworldly-like....aginst metal claws.

Unless those claws are Cortosis, they're screwed.

God I'm so sick of people trying to compare Star Wars to the goddamn X-men.

turboman1691
True Adamantium is nearly as strong as Captain America's shield, and is, for all practical purpose, indestructible. The degree of impermeability varies directly with the thickness of the Adamantium. A direct blow from Thor's hammer, conveyed with the thunder god's full strength, will slightly dent a solid cylinder of True Adamantium. A sufficient mass of Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon.

This is straight from the marvel directory. If the substance can only be bent by a direct from Thor's hammer and can survive a nuclear blast, I think it's safe to assume that a lightsaber (which has trouble cutting through blast doors on a ship) would not cut it.

Darth L. Dipsit
The properties of light energy negate the possibility that adamantium can escape a laser unharmed. Due to the kinetic energy of the photons in the lightsaber, they will smash into the adamantium on a submolecular energetic level in terms of polar waves. These, as they are moving so fast, will eventually cause the adamantium particles to accelerate as well (if a marble is hit by another marble, it accelerates - the same is true for any type of molecule or atom), thus causing heat, which will lead to the adamantium changing state. It is the properties of matter and energy that negate the possibility of Wolverine's resistance to photonic/massive heat energy on an electromagnetic level (massive in the sense that the photons can interact with mass, not that the impact is huge or the colloquial "massive"wink. In terms of metals these are fairly secure and patent accepted truths.

I still stand by this, and no one has addressed it.

Deus Ex
True Adamantium is nearly as strong as Captain America's shield, and is, for all practical purpose, indestructible. The degree of impermeability varies directly with the thickness of the Adamantium. A direct blow from Thor's hammer, conveyed with the thunder god's full strength, will slightly dent a solid cylinder of True Adamantium. A sufficient mass of Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon.

This is straight from the marvel directory. If the substance can only be bent by a direct from Thor's hammer and can survive a nuclear blast, I think it's safe to assume that a lightsaber (which has trouble cutting through blast doors on a ship) would not cut it.

LMFAO!

A sufficient mass of Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon?

Alright, a few problems with that.

A) Sufficient mass could be anything. 2 kilograms, five inches thick, a mile across, etc.

B) Lightsabers are derived from technology same as used in turbolasers on starships. Since the smallest turbolaser is significant enough to destroy a 13 meter wide asteroid in under a second (Which requires enough power to be measured in terajoules) you can only imagine what kind of power a lightsaber can contain. If you still think this is insufficient to damage or distort a 1980s era alloy, you must be on crack.

C) Here's an argument I heard regarding lightsabers cutting through doors, as seen in TPM:

"The lightsaber is NOT a heat-based weapon. The following quote comes from the Star Wars Technical Commentaries, www.theforce.net/swtc. These are not official, but they are exhaustively researched by PhDs and are considered by Star Wars technical fans to be the best source in existence. The sabre is NOT a thermal effect. At least, if it is, it is CONTAINED. The blade does not put out any discernible heat near its boundary. The hilt is NOT hot. Regardless of excellent insulation technology that probably exists in STARWARS (starship hulls and armour etc) - it must be recognised that the sabre is not a 'heat' weapon. HOWEVER: objects that have been CUT by a sabre exhibit burn-like symptoms, and MOST cuts on organics are cauterized. There is clearly a heat-like effect at work within the core of the sabre blade - as you'd expect from a 'pure energy' weapon! HEAT is simply the excited motion of molecules ... heat MAKES molecules move, and visa-versa if you can make molecules move, you get heat. This is the principle of magnetic-induction cooking ranges - and of microwave ovens. The 'burning' seen on cut objects may not mean that the interior of the blade is 'hot' per se, perhaps it merely excites the molecules during the cutting process! A number of people have written to me citing a canonical incident from ''The Phantom Menace'' where a sabre blade is seen to ''melt'' a metal door. THIS DOES *NOT* PROVE THE BLADE IS *HOT* ... if the action of the blade in destroying the fabric of the metal EXCITES the molecules around the point of destruction, then heat will be INDUCED from this excitement. The door is actually MELTING ITSELF. This is NOT such a strange notion ... after all, INDUCTION COOKTOPS exist that heat metal saucepans without being ''hot'' themselves ... MICROWAVE OVENS cause heat in food without actually pumping heat at them, they simply EXCITE the molecules within the food ... if you apply a metal-file to a work-piece of metal, BOTH get hot, but NEITHER was hot to start with! In short, you don't need HEAT to make something HOT! "

So, if the blade itself isn't hot, but it can cause extreme heat. Now, what I'd like to see is a good damn reason why Wolverine would be able to withstand the Force, withstand the lightsaber (especially if its properties are sufficient to cause a space-age blast door to basically melt at the source of the cut.) and still kill Darth Maul.

All I'm really seeing here is dodging on the behalf of Wolvie supporters on how great adamantium is.

Admiral Akbar
nice janus, very nice.

Deus Ex
thank you.

birthoftheforce
A lightsaber could cut through adamantium. Wolverine's claws have like no reach. Maul is quicker.

Deus Ex
I don't neccessarily think Maul is quicker, actually. Wolverine is a formidable opponent. If Maul doesn't properly use the Force and his blade, he could lose this fight and quickly.

But since the fight supposes Maul can use both, he has a higher chance of winning.

overlord
It will be easy for Maul, those claws are short and the lightsaber would probably hit Wolverines hands quite often too. It's just like a sword against someone with knives. Wolverine probably won't even be able to come close to Maul.

Fishy
A great knife fighter can still defeat a bad sword fighter, but really you can not call this a sword against knife fight because the knives would be quite limited in what they can do.

Deus Ex
Thatr's not a good analogy cuz a good knife fighter has more range of motion than a swordfighter and if all else fails, can chuck their weapon. Wolvie can't shoot his claws, unless Marvel really went over the deep end.

overlord
So you don't agree then? pff fine, mister rebel! schmoll

Deus Ex
That smilie has an incredible lower lip. I bet he could wrap that around him and wipe his ass with his tongue.

overlord
Well I certainly can.. Can't you?

Deus Ex
Well duh. Who can't?

Fishy
J.C. Denton, he's kinda stiff. Paul might be able to do so though... Especially when you go out through the window instead of down the stairs, because he will be dead then. Dead peole are probably very flexible.

Deus Ex
And heavier than you'd expect. But if you have a strength mod, you can chuck them far.

Fishy
Yeah, I know besides the augmentation allows you to move around heavy boxes and all that crap which is pretty useful too.

Deus Ex
I rather like the Deus Ex IV ragdoll affects. Tossing bodies has never been more fun.

Fishy
Yeah I know its pretty great to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.