Pre Obi-Wan fight Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Prodigy
I would like to post this for all that have an opinion and would delve deeper into the perverbial "what ifs" in this vast universe. Since TPM we Sith devouts always have grieved Darth Mauls truly crappy (albeit hideous) way of dying after in essence defeating Obi-Wan. We all know Lord Maul was a better pure fighter than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Maul, being strong in the Force as well, bested a Jedi Master and his Padawan - at the same time. The nature of this post is to suggest a storyline that would even more legitimize Anakin Skywalker.... FF to ROTS.. Count Dooku (Darth Taranus) is not a beloved figure, but was able to stand toe to toe with Yoda for a while. He was defeated by Padawan Skywalker in the Darth Sidious' test to see if Skywalker was a worthy successor... But Dooku was 97 years old...
I suggest that Maul should have survived until Episode III and fought Padawan Anakin Skywalker (after of course Maul knocks Obi-Wan out of the fray as Dooku did) in a one on one duel. Anakin defeating a super badass Maul would have further legitimized his power and legend not to mention giving Maul a legitimate and good death. Lord Vader vs. Lord Maul = EPIC. But also yields Maul on the losing end....

Gryn Jabar
Yes. Maul already lost to Vader though, twice.

Dark Prodigy
Ok... How did this happen twice...

DarkAge
Instead of saying "pre Ob-Wan fight Vader" I think we should just say "pre-Duel Vader", like "pre-Crisis Superman" to avoid confusion.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Dark Prodigy
Ok... How did this happen twice...
2 Clones. I see Maul winning against Anakin though.

Fishy
I don't... Maul would have lost because of the same reason Dooku did. sidious would have told him not to kill Anakin. And If Maul would have survived then the entire clone wars would not have happened the way they did, Maul wasn't a motivator. His dead was necessary

Bobafetty
I dont get this thread. Is it Obi vs. Maul or Vader vs. Maul?

Kurik Faeli
Okay Anakin would totally win. Anakin was SLIGHTLY weaker than Obi Wan in ROTS and Obiwan defeated Maul when he was still a padawan. In ROTS he was a Jedi Master and a very experienced one at that, Anakin takes this one easy.

Lord Darkstar
well when I first thought about this it was obvious, however, now that I have thought about it it will be close. For instance consider this, Obi-Wan beat Anakin by using Ataru. Also, he fought Darth Maul using Ataru, and lost. After Qui-Gon died, Obi-Wan abandoned that form, so his skill in it did not increase from TPM to RotS, if anything it decreased from never using it. So that brings up the iteresting thing that since Maul beat Obi-Wan while at his height (of that form) and Anakin lost of Obi-Wan while he was weak in that form. Not saying Maul will win, just something to think about. Also, do not say Anakin will be able to use the force and win, Maul was powerful and had been trained for over 20 years, he knew about the force and could force choke (in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter) and he used force lightning (in some game, I forget which one) and since we are in the EU section, both apply. He knew more about the dark side than Anakin did. Maul also trained for battle non-stop.

Also, Dark Progidy when talking about Anakin before his duel with Obi-Wan we normally just say RotS Anakin, makes it shorter to type and it means the same thing.

Boris
Vader Vs Maul.... Vader... probably.

Tangible God
Maul would have taken down ROTS Obi AND Anakin. Remember than in 14 years, Maul would get more powerful as well. By all rights he DID defeat Obi-wan on Naboo, but the writers couldn't have him die, so they devised that godawful dismemberment scene. I mean, he just stood there and watched it coming. After the fight he just fought, he wouldn't have let THAT happen.

Lord Darkstar
Tangible, I think you may have missed something, this is not saying if Maul survived the fight and trained over the next several years like you said, this is dealing with the Maul that we see in the movies, before his death.

On a different note, no Maul should never have died from Obi-Wan's hit, but unfortunally he did

Luke Is Better
ok dark prodigy theres a lot of things wrong with ur first paragraph. 1 anakin wasn't a padawan when he fought he was a knight. 2 maul wasn't THAT powerful in the force and 3 dooku wasn't 97 and he would have wasted anakin if he would have suspected that sids wanted anakin to kill him

Illustrious
I've never seen someone so loquacious and yet say so little.

Luke Is Better
lol i don't no if thats good or bad

but ne ways i think vader wins this cause he really IS strong in the force. their saber skills 4 some reason i feel r the same and they both kind fight the same very head strong so i guess it also might come down to who makes the first wrong move

Darth Martin
I want Maul to win. He has more knowledge and training.

playa1258
Vader whoops his ass its that simple. His strength is incredible, surpassing that of every jedi except Yoda and Mace at the time of Rots. Vader wins due to his greater power in the force superior sabre skills and physical strength.

Darth Sexy
Some of you are retarded. First of all, who's to say Maul didn't reach his peak by TPM, because if I remember correctly, he did. Secondly, what in the world makes you think that if Maul got better, he would be able to defeat ROTS Obiwan? We know ROTS Obiwan>Maul. What really concerns me is how some people can think Maul stands a chance against Anakin. Anakin beat Dooku who was superior to Maul. I wouldn't say he WTFPwns Maul but Maul stands virtually no chance. Remember that GL said that Suited Vader was just as good as Dooku, or Maul. That's SUITED Vader, who's a robot. Anakin would win this fight without MUCH difficulty.

Darth Subjekt
Ok, there's definitely some idiocy going on in here. First off, Anakin was Knight when he fought Dooku, as said previously, secondly, I know this just kills all the little Dooku fanboys out there, but Anakin beat Dooku fair and square with Dooku fighting for his life. This has been debated to death and if you want to see the proof, go to the Vader vs. Dooku thread. Also, there is no way in HELL that Maul could take OB1 and Anakin together. And he couldnt take Anakin by himself either. GL stated numerous times that diring thr time of ROTS, Aankin is the most powerful, OB1 just has more experience...hence theres no way Anakin was even slightly below OB1. OB1 even told him he was better. Maul was a warrior, not a brain surgeon of the force, so his abilities fair nowhere close to Anakin's. Anakin would absolutely pwn Maul, no questions asked. Maul would last longer than Dooku did merely out of his lightsaber style. but he would still go down hard.

Dooku would have never "wasted" Anakin in ROTS...that much is obvious. He didn;t beat him cause he thought Sids would save him, Anakin beat him that easily to show that he was that much more powerful than Dooku, as Sidious told GG.

Also i know this has been a debate, but by simply reading whats written and taking fanboyism interpretations into it, Maul was "at his apex in powers." Never to get any better. And you can debate that all you want, but Sidious didn't unleash him till he was peaked out. No way Maul has this. I wouldn't even say Maul takes out ROTS Ob1....

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Dark Prodigy
I would like to post this for all that have an opinion and would delve deeper into the perverbial "what ifs" in this vast universe. Since TPM we Sith devouts always have grieved Darth Mauls truly crappy (albeit hideous) way of dying after in essence defeating Obi-Wan. We all know Lord Maul was a better pure fighter than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Maul, being strong in the Force as well, bested a Jedi Master and his Padawan - at the same time. The nature of this post is to suggest a storyline that would even more legitimize Anakin Skywalker.... FF to ROTS.. Count Dooku (Darth Taranus) is not a beloved figure, but was able to stand toe to toe with Yoda for a while. He was defeated by Padawan Skywalker in the Darth Sidious' test to see if Skywalker was a worthy successor... But Dooku was 97 years old...
I suggest that Maul should have survived until Episode III and fought Padawan Anakin Skywalker (after of course Maul knocks Obi-Wan out of the fray as Dooku did) in a one on one duel. Anakin defeating a super badass Maul would have further legitimized his power and legend not to mention giving Maul a legitimate and good death. Lord Vader vs. Lord Maul = EPIC. But also yields Maul on the losing end....

What? Maul had to separate Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan from combat knowing he couldn't win. Even then the reason he defeated Qui-Gon was because Maul has more stamina compared to Jinn. Plus once Qui-Gon died Obi-Wan was putting the hurt on Maul. Maul got a lucky shot against Obi-Wan and so that means he was pwning him.

Not likely. If it wasn't for that hole Obi-Wan would have torn up Maul in straight up combat.

Escape81
Not likely; Maul seemed to be holding his own against them both fairly well. He tried to separate them because it would make the killing easier. He kicked Obi-Wan off the ledge with the intent to kill him - which opened him up for an attack from Qui-Gon.

And it was Qui-Gon who separated them, lol. He was reckless and tried to take Maul on by himself, and didn't wait for Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon's thoughts provided by the novelization and the script disagree with you, my friend. Qui-Gon confesses in the book that Maul is just better than him. He's got more weapons training, he's stronger, faster, more agile, and is just better.

According to his thoughts, the only reason that he even held his own is due to his experience as a swordsman. The end.

Obi-Wan "put the hurt on Maul" because he gave into his anger. What do we know from our Star Wars experience? Anger and rage, though tools of the Dark Side, have been proven to give a combatant a physical edge in battle.

Maul was surprised at the onslaught, but again, was more skilled than Obi-Wan.

Maul was going to pwn Obi-Wan. Not the reverse.

You can't be serious.

Darth Subjekt
It even states in th eNovel that Maul was the better fighter.

Drizzt365
Okay lets get this straight people I've done my homework on darth maul and he was by far the worst sith there was. No he was not at his peak this was his test. and he would have beaten ob1 if it wasnt for shear luck on ob1's part. darth maul had more rage than even vader!!! Maul would have surpassed sids. he also had way more knowlege of the force than anakin did. at the age of eight he was already learning how to control it and at an even earlier age he was able to survive on his own on the surface of mustifar and he did. He had also recived alot of his training at a school of assassins and was much stronger than any sith we've seen yes even dooku. and people Darth Maul didnt die after his fight with ob1 it was in a book i read cant remember the name but its all about his life. when u find this book as im sure some of u will look in the begining when he is doing one hand push ups at the age of three he had amazing mental disipline and anakin didnt therefore with all of tnese facts i say he would have killed anakin not to metion sids and everyone other than possibly yoda.

Lord Lucien
Tee hee. 5 1/2 years later.

Stealth Moose
Throttle down, preteen.

Also, almost none of the people who previously replied in this thread even come here anymore. Way to be situationally unaware.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.