Have you noticed that Frodo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Travizzle
Have you ever notices that Frodo NEVER killed a SINGLE orc? And also I think it's BS that everyone thinks that Frodo is a hero. Sam's the real hero. Frodo was going to take the ring for himself. That *******. mad

Exabyte
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
Have you ever notices that Frodo NEVER killed a SINGLE orc?
And in what way does that oppugn the fact that he's a hero?

- is this the only way to be a hero, to take somebody else's life? dontgetit o cruel world, how deep hast thou fallen..?

If I'm not mistaken, there was quite a good thread about exactly this question somewhere... I just can't find it at the moment ermm it must be somewhere... I think it was Smodden who started it confused

... found it o.o
Is Fro-do a Her-o?

Especially Shad posted several interesting replies (as usually stick out tongue):
Post 1
Post 2

Exabyte
edit no expression no expression

dark1365
Have you ever notices that Frodo NEVER killed a SINGLE orc? And also I think it's BS that everyone thinks that Frodo is a hero. Sam's the real hero. Frodo was going to take the ring for himself. That *******. mad
You my friend, are an idiot.

Fëanor
laughing......................*ehem*..................huh

JohnnyBloom
^^ yes quite!

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by dark1365
You my friend, are an idiot.

And you my "friend" are a mother ****er.

xXLauriëXx
*sigh*

JohnnyBloom
oh dear

Exabyte
Please no expression cry

cant you just... wait until some mod has closed this thread?
*holds up pacifist flag*

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Exabyte
wait until some mod has closed this thread?

ahem yes - any mods around atm??

Exabyte
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
ahem yes - any mods around atm??
Doesnt seem so no expression but the thread was reported ages ago

JohnnyBloom
aah well, i guess we can only wait!

Flying High
And you my "friend" are a mother ****er.
and you my friend are very polite no expression

JohnnyBloom
lovely manners you get round here!

Exabyte
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
lovely manners you get round here!
well said

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Exabyte
well said

hehe - seem to be agreeing with each other a lot on this thread eh??

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Flying High
and you my friend are very polite no expression
******* miffed

Smodden
Please try to restrain yourself from now on Darth Travizzle

....closing.

Tassie
Now to just hit that Close button, smod!

shaber
Possibly Frodo's will was entirely subdued at Sammauth Naur, like the starglass? Other readers have felt the same way though, not because of his not killing orcs, but because of his not destroying the Ring. People used to write to Tolkien and complain that Frodo was a traitor.

Morning_Glory

I loved Sam... i think he was my favorite hobbit!

Sam never once was tempted by the ring... plus I thought that Sean Austin did a good job playing the part

shaber
I wasn't entirely satisfied with the flim's chacterising of Sam, in the book he is like Frodo's dog, no exaggeration, take the incidents with farmer Maggot, Gollum, Shelob etc.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by shaber
I wasn't entirely satisfied with the flim's chacterising of Sam, in the book he is like Frodo's dog, no exaggeration, take the incidents with farmer Maggot, Gollum, Shelob etc.

hmm.. didnt read the book.. so I have is to go along with the movie

shaber
he would sooner Gollum had eaten his whole hand rather than Frodo's finger.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Smodden
Please try to restrain yourself from now on Darth Travizzle

....closing.
M'kay, sorry.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I loved Sam... i think he was my favorite hobbit!

Sam never once was tempted by the ring... plus I thought that Sean Austin did a good job playing the part
I'm not saying that I didn't like Sam. He was the hero. He was awesome.

ZoSo

Paola
Darth Travizzle: watch your language please

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Paola
Darth Travizzle: watch your language please
Yo, I said I won't and that I'm sorry.

DarkCrawler
Sam was the true hero. Frodo would have died after few minutes they left the Shire - Sam stopped Frodo from taking the ring out and alerting the Nazguls.

THEJEDIMASTER
yeah sam should b the hero xD

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by shaber
he would sooner Gollum had eaten his whole hand rather than Frodo's finger.
that's what i always felt when reading the books, but looking at the films it didn't really come across to well

and yeah, sam's deffinately the hero.

thomas231
Well I have to say I didn't really notice that he never killed any orcs, but I am not surprised, he was a pussy. And yes I have to agree that Sam was in fact the man, I mean come on he was running around killing spiders, slaying orcs, and making babies, clearly he was created in my image or something.

Movie_Geek_
Well I read the all but the last of the books and as much as it shows in the movies it is even more so in the books. Most of all in the Two Towers. The thing is the book the 2TT is almost half of the 3rd movie so most people do not know how much Sam really did.

General Zodiac
you think he wasn't a hero b/c he didn't kill an orc. that seems a little shallow. And if Sam had the ring as long a frodo did then sam would have tried to keep the ring.frodo had the ring forever and he showed great perserveriance against the ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.