Different versions of ROTS???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UsulKane
I've seen rots now 3 times (once digital- was great) anyway, I also downloaded a copy from ares and I'm noticing some differences...was wondering if anybody else is seeing/hearing these?

new dialogue- anakin/obi wan just after anakin jumps back into the elevator...anakin tells obi wan that r2 is working on it and not to make anymore "loose wire jokes". Obi says "i didn't say anything! i didn't say anything!" I didn't remeber that in the theater.

when yoda chops of the heads of the two clone troopers... you see alot more of the actual decapitation (on my downloaded version)

also a couple audio things. A loud R2-R2-r2-r222222222 echo (from obi) when the falls down the shaft.

And a very distinct "tarzan yelp" when the wookis swing down onto the landing craft...99% sure this wasn't in the theater version cause it sounds retarded.

i could be wrong but was wondering if anyone else was noticing the same stuff.

Ast Rofan
No sorry man, all of that stuff is there in both.

HAROLD
Originally posted by UsulKane
I've seen rots now 3 times (once digital- was great) anyway, I also downloaded a copy from ares and I'm noticing some differences...was wondering if anybody else is seeing/hearing these?

new dialogue- anakin/obi wan just after anakin jumps back into the elevator...anakin tells obi wan that r2 is working on it and not to make anymore "loose wire jokes". Obi says "i didn't say anything! i didn't say anything!" I didn't remeber that in the theater.

when yoda chops of the heads of the two clone troopers... you see alot more of the actual decapitation (on my downloaded version)

also a couple audio things. A loud R2-R2-r2-r222222222 echo (from obi) when the falls down the shaft.

And a very distinct "tarzan yelp" when the wookis swing down onto the landing craft...99% sure this wasn't in the theater version cause it sounds retarded.

i could be wrong but was wondering if anyone else was noticing the same stuff. All of that was in the film.

And you shouldn't be downloading illegal copies of movies.

Darth Travizzle
I don't know, I've only seen the movie once.

Ast Rofan
Yeah that is very bad. wink

UsulKane
Really? My bad then...i could have sworn that tarzan yall wasn't there. I'll take your word for it though.

Oh, and i'll erase my copy too...sorry about that Lars. big grin

jerlark386
Ironically there is a download Star Wars ad right on top of this thread.

Darth Jello
i saw both versions, and i honestly didn't catch any difference at all, other than better video transfer on the digital

macgeek2005
I thought there was supposed to be 10 more minutes in the Digital. I saw both, and didn't notice a difference. Except for a few new shots here and there.

tlbauerle
Just because you don't remember certain lines doesn't mean they weren't there....Usul.

PVS
Originally posted by HAROLD
All of that was in the film.

And you shouldn't be downloading illegal copies of movies.

thanks officer roll eyes (sarcastic)

jerlark386
Actually theres a fairly decent swedish telecine release out. It has no counter and the top of characters heads are'nt comPletely Missing.(so its no an aspect ratio fix or cut).Unfortunately the audio sucks. But if you can soMehow remix the audio from workprint into the telecine you got yourself a nEar dvd-quality release. Not easy, especially when the movies are different length and contain different number oF frames, one release being pal and the Other being ntsc. But ofcouRse I don't do these things. This is just what I hear. Um. Yea

Dont download or COPY movies! It is evil. It is the darkside.

gentmax
Unfortunately, there WAS another Tarzan yell. I think it might have been the same SFX as in ROTJ.

PVS
i really didnt mind this particular tarzan yell. it at least sounded like
they were putting effort into it. in RotJ it just sounded like GL was on
a drinking binge, did the yell and recorded it, and edited it into the final cut before he sobered up.

edit: NOT that i liked it at all.....i just didnt HATE it.....just had to make that clear

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.