Goku vs Clark Kent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zod4Life
This is Goku vs Clark,not Superman.Goku vs Teenage Clark basically.Discuss who you think would win and why.

Zod4Life
I think that Goku could win aganst Clark because Clark hasn't reached the Superman stage yet.But as Superman,Goku would lose.

Smallville
roll eyes (sarcastic)

WOW!!!

joser23
mmm i guess it 'd be goku i mean when he becomes 4 stage of supersaya nobody can stop him not even superman

Zod4Life
Young Clark Kent can't beat Goku but Superman can.In any SSJ form Goku is burning energy so he'll lose to Superman quicker.

joser23
goku is faster, stronger and he has no weakness cause his tail has been cut soo no weakness but calrk's weakness is kryptonite

Zod4Life
Goku is not faster or stronger than Superman.And he doesn't even know what Kryptonite is anyway.GOKU WILL GET HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM IF HE FIGHTS SUPERMAN!!!

joser23
how? goku can fly 2! and he can even go superspeed! both r great but superman will get his ass soo kiked that he will go home crying stick out tongue laughing laughing

Smallville
Originally posted by joser23
how? goku can fly 2! and he can even go superspeed! both r great but superman will get his ass soo kiked that he will go home crying stick out tongue laughing laughing

Alright...

Smallville
... alright.

I understand that there is a band of people out there that make "____ vs Goku" threads... and I promised myself that I would never make an agrument in them as I have never watched Dragon Ball or any of the nature. However, since I am pretty much the Smallville Guru, I feel I am obligated.

Superman cannot die. Unless Goku somehow got a hold of Kryptonite (after somehow discovering Clarks weakness to) and utilized this, there would be no chance of a defeat. You have to bare in mind HE IS SUPERMAN. His powers are limited to his own imagination.

Zod4Life

Superman is wayyyyyyyy faster than Superman and stronger.

Smallville
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Superman is wayyyyyyyy faster than Superman and stronger.

blowup

Zod4Life
Goku CAN'T BEAT SUPERMAN!!!!Has Goku ever lived inside the sun for 16,000 years?No.Is he nigh invulnerable?No.Hell,Goku almost couldn't beat Frieza.A Ultimate Spirit Bomb wouldn't even be enough to stop Superman.

joser23
but goku can destroy the sun and then teleport and then kill superman coz he cant teleport or fly fast coz the sun is destroyed

Zod4Life
Dummy.Nobody can destroy the mother****in sun!!!Nobody is powerful enough to destroy the ****ing sun.NOBODY!!!!

Damn you so so ****ing stupid.dipsh!t

Zod4Life
Sorry but that was the stupidest thing you've ever posted.Nobody can destroy the sun.Not even a fictional character.

joser23
mm look we r talkin about goku! moron! and he destroyed majin boo and he destroyed the entire solar sistem then he i mean goku!! can destroy the sun and kill superman idiot!

Staphon
Im sorry, but Goku would so win, although I like clark WAY better, there just isnt a contest.

Burner
Superman would kill Goku, if he destroys the sun everyone dies, he wouldn't do that.

Clark.K
Well..seein that Goku can Become SSJ4 he is unstoppable.....and he is able to teleport himself to anypart of the universe and he has more powers than superman

Staphon
Yeah, Sorry burner, but this really isnt a fair fight. I love Superman and want to believe he could beat anyone, but Goku, although i dont like him nearly as much, would womp him, its just something you have to accept.

((The_Anomaly))
yes, Goku would own Superman unfortunatly.

Superman IS NOT invarnuable. he is to most things, but it IS stated that a nuclear blast would hurt him.

and let me explain that goku can generate a blast with the power of a nuclear explosion with one finger without blinking. that is non-super saiyan btw

as for goku not being able to destroy the sun? have you seen DBZ? Goku could, if he felt like it, destroy an entire solar system with his power, and thats only at Super Saiyan 2 level! (this is stated in the episode when Cell thretens to destroy the solar system while fighting Gohan, rather then just destroying the earth and since SSJ2 Goku is WAY stronger then cell...well...)

this is a no contest, Goku is faster, stronger, and i mean, hes like a God basically....

supes stands no chance at all

Goku normal- Supes can maybe fight with him, MAYBE
Super Saiyan Goku - Goku smaks supes around pretty badly
Super Saiyan 2 - Goku can basically laugh at supes and he will die
Super Saiyan 3 - I dont think Goku would even fight supes at this level since it'd be pointless
Super Saiyan 4 - bye bye Kal-El

mtryder
Who the **** even cares?

Staphon
Originally posted by mtryder
Who the **** even cares?

Go to hell

pr1983
Originally posted by Smallville

Superman cannot die.

where'd u hear that? confused

Clark.K
Yep i agree Goku would kick supes butt...but i am stll a fan of smallvile

sully_2u
ok seriously wtf is this? you guys are compairing a damn cartoon to a taped series on ABC Family! But like that other guy said superman's powers are limited by his imagination.

Staphon
Doomsday killed superman and he didnt even know the kamehame ha and ut took him weeks to get out of a hole in the ground. Goku can go super saijan and use all kinds off attacks. Superman would be spent, im sorry, i like Superman way more but there is no contest.

And people need to stop coming in and bagging on this poll, its a good poll and if you think its dumb, dont look at it!

sully_2u
i only look at it to laugh at how stupid people can be

pr1983
whats with this imagination stuff? he isnt a green lantern, his powers have set limits and boundaries... sure they are high but they are not infinite...

slim_thug
goku just has to use spirit bomb and superman's dead

Goki
I think Goku would beat Superman easily even in Saiyan form. Don't get me wrong, I like Superman and Goku the same amount (they are two of the coolest Heros). Goku's strength is only surpassed by his heart. Nobody has won against Goku in a long time. He was last defeated by Cell, but even Cell would not stand any more. Superman is pure of heart to, but he doesn't stand a chance. He might of had a small chance againts Goku at the power level Goku was when he fought Raditz, but all Superman would give Goku is a chance to test his powers out.
As for teen Clark Kent against Goku, Goku would easily whip Clark. Even if Clark fought against Goku with a power level when he fought Raditz, Clark would lose.

The Unknown
Goku vs. Clark Kent = Goku
Goku vs. Pre-Crisis Superman = Pre-Crisis Superman
Goku vs. Post-Crisis Superman = Goku

Whiteclipse
... alright.

I understand that there is a band of people out there that make "____ vs Goku" threads... and I promised myself that I would never make an agrument in them as I have never watched Dragon Ball or any of the nature. However, since I am pretty much the Smallville Guru, I feel I am obligated.

Superman cannot die. Unless Goku somehow got a hold of Kryptonite (after somehow discovering Clarks weakness to) and utilized this, there would be no chance of a defeat. You have to bare in mind HE IS SUPERMAN. His powers are limited to his own imagination.

um, have you ever heard of doomsday? supes can sure as hell die, clark(smallville) vs goku (any form from dbz after the sayian sega) Clark is absolutly destroyed. Goku vs comic incarnations of supes: goku would be in for the fight of his life, my vote would actually be on supes (visit the Goku vs superman thread in the games verses section)

crazylozer
A whole bunch of you here talk about Goku as an almost invincible guy, but that's quite an inaccurate statement. The theory behind Dragonball series characters' powers is that their life energy (chi) exudes a protective barrier that allows them to shrug off bullets, explosions and energy blasts. That being said, the most powerful characters in DB, DBZ, and DBGT are all aliens, so if they can also train themselves to become stronger, why can't Clark? Just to be annoying, here's another thought: Clark could just fly away real quick, and while Goku can move quickly, he can only move at the speed of light while using his instant relocation technique, and while doing so can't really look around for him. After about 200 years or so, Clark can come back and kick open Goku's grave.

((The_Anomaly))
well, actually goku would be training in otherworld, but thats not the point.

yes, its true if you threw a sword at Goku it would cut him, bullets too. however he can use his own kai to counter energy attacks thats how they can withstand massive explosions and not have a scratch (which would render clarks heat vision completely useless.)

second, goku's flying speed is easily as fast as clarks, theres an episode where Gotenks (fusion of goten and trunks) flies around the world like 15 times in 3 seconds, and gotenks is only at super saiyan 1 so naturally goku being the most powerful in the universe could top that speed with ease.

third, sure clark might be able to work out his muscles and stuff to get stronger but its not the same for saiyans. they train to raise thier powerlevel, which in turn creates more strength etc. Clark isnt capable of this kinda advancement as far as we've seen.

the only thing i agree with is that pre-crisis supes would more then likley beat goku. although super saiyan 4 goku would put up a fight, no doubts there, but post-crisis, supes would get his ass handed too him by goku.

Whiteclipse
Originally posted by crazylozer
A whole bunch of you here talk about Goku as an almost invincible guy, but that's quite an inaccurate statement. The theory behind Dragonball series characters' powers is that their life energy (chi) exudes a protective barrier that allows them to shrug off bullets, explosions and energy blasts. That being said, the most powerful characters in DB, DBZ, and DBGT are all aliens, so if they can also train themselves to become stronger, why can't Clark? Just to be annoying, here's another thought: Clark could just fly away real quick, and while Goku can move quickly, he can only move at the speed of light while using his instant relocation technique, and while doing so can't really look around for him. After about 200 years or so, Clark can come back and kick open Goku's grave.

um i don't think chi energy protects the DBZs from getting tossed into the ground/mountains/buildings, the impact at that velocity even with a chi 'shield' would crush them if that is their only defense, they are just tough physically they use chi for flight and energy attacks, otherwise they wouldn't do strength training to strenghten their bodies

crazylozer
Sorry to go all technical on you, but chi stems from the amount of life force they have. Life force is determined by the amount of strength and stamina your physical body contains. Thus, training the body leads to a greater amount of chi. Power level is the measurement of chi. Also, I don't deny that Goku is probably in peak physical condition, but muscles can't really become strong enough to weather "getting tossed into the ground/mountains/buildings". And to be even more of a pain in the arse, comparitively speaking Clark should be marginally faster. Slower than the Flash (who can rip through time-space), but faster than pretty much everything else, which puts him above the speed of light (remember, he can go back in time). Goku, max. speed = 186000 miles/second. Close, but no cigar.

Jchap
All right. Lets compare Goku's powers with Clark's powers.

1. Heat vision vs. Spirit bomb and such
Clark has heat vision. One Goku's powers is similar to his, but much powerful. Goku can shoot pure energy in different forms from his hands. So clark=tiny laser eyes and goku=superdestructive energy attacks.

2.Speed vs. Teleportaion
I think you get the idea of which is better

3. Strength
Superman would win in this area. I know because when i watch DBZ Goku gets knocked into cliffs and stuff, and it hurts him. If superman was thrown into the side of a cliff, it wouldn't hurt him at all.

4.Weaknesses
Clark can be killed by Kryptonite or can become powerless without a yellow sun. Goku's tail was cut off, so he has no unusual weakness.

5. Time and Place
Clark and Goku have the option of fighting anywhere in the universe. Clark is only powerful under a yellow sun, but when he is, he is much stronger than Goku. If they were not near a yellow sun, Clark wouldn't even have a fighting chance, it would be like lighting a baby's crib on fire while it is asleep. Now if they were somehow near the remnants of Krypton, if there were any chunks of Krypton floating around in space, Goku could just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. So in this category, i'd say Goku has the upper hand.

I think that the victor of this battle would depend on time and place

JediMasterLuke5
Goku is a joke. Hes off of a freakin kids show for goodness sakes. Superman is much stronger and faster then Goku.

Jchap
I just noticed on a reply from crazylozer that i forgot that Goku only travels as fast as the speed of light, but Clark can go faster. But Goku still has the ability to teleport. anyway, this is just an add-on to my earlier reply

crazylozer
Sorry to be argumentative JChap, but Goku's teleporting ability (Instant Transmission), is the way that he travels at the speed of light. Otherwise, he's considerably slower.

pr1983
Clark cannot travel faster than the speed of light, especially smallville clark...

Jchap
sorry my bad

vamp d-3
Actually, cell can move as fast as goku's teleport, and goku is way faster than cell in gt. Also, goku gets hurt when he is thrown against a cliff, etc. due to the power of the hit and the speed, goku is obviously stronger than superman.

FistOfThe North
Smallville's Clark Kent cannot beat Goku.

Superman cannot beat Goku.

However, Superman Prime, with the Sword of Heaven personally given to him by God himself after he broke the Gates of Heaven guarded God's top archangel, Micheal. Micheal didn't even attempt to stop Superman and the archangel has unlimited power.

But now Superman Prime has unlimited powers and would annihilate Goku's highest Saiyen level in mere sec/mins.

Ultimate Hulk43
mm look we r talkin about goku! moron! and he destroyed majin boo and he destroyed the entire solar sistem then he i mean goku!! can destroy the sun and kill superman idiot!

I was that moron and I believe you spelled Buu wrong,we're and system.Who's the idiot now? laughing

Uber_Jedi
Goku would destroy Clark because Clark is a pre-pubescent little idiot who doesn't even know how to "control" his powers. Besides, Goku is a much better name! Superman could never really be destroyed, not even in the comics---he just gets reborn somehow, always.

Ultimate Hulk43
I know,Superman would definitely win this fight.laughing He can ''control'' his powers and he is WAY more invincible than Goku or any other DBZ/GT character.Now,I do like DBZ,in fact DBZ is one of the best cartoons/comic books I've ever seen but they cannot beat Superman,especially Pre-Crisis Superman because he's totally invincible(ex.Magic and Kryptonite).No matter what they do they'll never be able to surpass Superman.They can't even breathe in space and there isn't anything to tell them Superman's weaknesses since Superman can block out someone trying to read his mind so Goku wouldn't be able to use that to find out.

crazylozer
Goku can read minds? Also, pre-pubscent means before hitting puberty. I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe that Clark is at least an emo teen, teen being the operative word.

Uber_Jedi
The key thing is---Clark isn't smart enough to even cook an egg with his heat eye beam!

((The_Anomaly))
pre-crisis supes would beat goku, post-crisis (what supes is now) would get his ass kicked really really really badly by goku, or vegeta, or pretty much any of the DBZ characters who can destroy a planet at the very least. these people include.

Goku
vegeta
krillin
frieza
cell
buu (all forms)
gohan
goten
trunks
all members of the ginyu force
the androids (#16, #17, #18, #19)
piccolo

well let just say that almost all the main characters of the show by the time GT starts could destroy a planet. and therefore would be able to kill superman and especially clark from smallville.

only pre-crisis supes would stand a chance.

crazylozer
actually, only freeza at 100% power could blow up a planet, so the ginyu force, being considerably weaker, could not destroy a planet. also, the power of any character that isnt part-saiyan, or a integral part of fighting (the androids, cell, buu, etc.) have never really been specified.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I know,Superman would definitely win this fight.laughing Goku or any other DBZ/GT character. They can't even breathe in space Goku wouldn't be able to use that to find out.

Z Warriors can't breath in space? Have you ever heard of GT? (Grand Tour? Where the Dragonballs are no longer spread across planet Earth, but across the Galaxy? How do you think the Z Warriors get to these Dragonballs? Spaceships? No. They fly through space to get to them. Recheck your sources. Goku pwns Clark.

Ultimate Hulk43
Actually they did use a spaceship and the only Z Fighters who went on that trip were Goku,Trunks and Pan.And those dragonballs were totally different from the ones they usually use,they were called the Black-Star dragonballs and they were never used until GT.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
pre-crisis supes would beat goku, post-crisis (what supes is now) would get his ass kicked really really really badly by goku, or vegeta, or pretty much any of the DBZ characters who can destroy a planet at the very least. these people include.

Goku
vegeta
krillin
frieza
cell
buu (all forms)
gohan
goten
trunks
all members of the ginyu force
the androids (#16, #17, #18, #19)
piccolo

well let just say that almost all the main characters of the show by the time GT starts could destroy a planet. and therefore would be able to kill superman and especially clark from smallville.

only pre-crisis supes would stand a chance.

Superman Prime would pwn EVERY DBZ character without breaking a sweat.He spent 15,000 years inside of the sun and came out invulnerable to EVERYTHING and he had the ability to bring people back from the dead and he was completely gold.Superman Prime is the strongest version of Superman EVER,this version is even stronger than Pre-Crisis Superman.

Zarathustra
actually, only freeza at 100% power could blow up a planet, so the ginyu force, being considerably weaker, could not destroy a planet. also, the power of any character that isnt part-saiyan, or a integral part of fighting (the androids, cell, buu, etc.) have never really been specified.
In the first season of DBZ, Vegetta, being weaker than any member of the Ginyu Force, blew up a planet inhabitted by big insects with a blast from two fingers without exerting much effort.
That being said, Goku's nothing more than a Superman wannabe. He's a blatant ripoff: Alien baby from a destroyed planet sent to Earth in a small spacecraft. Has great powers by human standards and after sacrificing himself for the greater good (because he's an undoubtably purehearted and morally upright individual) he comes back from the dead. He's Superman with a bad haircut and less character. I don't care what his "power level" is: he's going down because this crap doesn't fly with me.

crazylozer
I meant an Earth-sized planet. I think that planet of bugs was actually pretty small, but again, who knows; they're not really specific? Oh, and goku as a superman rip-off, good call! laughing

FistOfThe North
There are dozens of Superman ripoffs, can you say Shazzam? But there is something behind the Goku element i cannot pinpoint but that i can accept. Superman is my most favorite character of all time, but Goku and company and the DBZ story, I love..

Ultimate Hulk43
The Saiyans are the only ones that would give Superman competition.

crazylozer
Buu is pretty unkillable too...

Well not really, but still.

Ultimate Hulk43
Superman would eat Buu.

Didn't Pre-Crisis Superman have the ability to absorb people's powers?

crazylozer
Don't you remeber what happens when people get eaten? Bodies shrink, immune systems fail, blood is spilled, and eventually, everyone gets spat out.

Ultimate Hulk43
IT....WAS....A....JOKE.

Anyway,no one from DBZ can beat Superman because they've NEVER had the ability to turn back time,close and hold black holes with their bare hands or stay inside the sun for 15,000 years.

((The_Anomaly))

even though its already been said...

in the saiyan saga at the beginning of DBZ vegeta destroys a planet with little effort while he and nappa are going to earth. (how do you know how big the planet is?)

his power level is 18,000 at the time.

ginyu's is 120,000

thats a very very large difference, ginyu could easily destroy the earth.

oh and no, frieza didnt have to be at 100% power to destroy a planet. he can destroyed a planet in his first form with no effort at all (he destroyed planet vegeta with one finger in his first form and this planet was far larger then earth as it had 10x earth's gravity)

anyways, as i said, at the beginning of DBGT all the main characters could destroy a planet effortlessly if they wanted too (even yamcha) and therefore could easily beat superman, krillin could beat superman.

--------------

I didnt know we were including Superman Prime, he can basically beat anything ever in anything.

crazylozer
How exactly do you know how large the planet Vegeta destroyed is? Plus, the gravity of a planet does not neccesarily mean that it is larger in size or harder to destroy. If you lit a match on say, Jupiter, it would explode due to the large amount of gases. Gravity is dependant on how massive a planet is.

When freeza destroyed Namek, what he actually did was destabilize the core of the planet. So he didn't actually obliterate it, he had the power to drill down with an energy blast. So when exactly did anyone other than the main characters gain any strength? Whenever they get into fights, they basically just stall for time until a saiyan jumps onto the scene.

And, for the record, what I MEANT by the destruction of a planet is an object that is similar in make-up and size to the Earth.

((The_Anomaly))
How exactly do you know how large the planet Vegeta destroyed is? Plus, the gravity of a planet does not neccesarily mean that it is larger in size or harder to destroy. If you lit a match on say, Jupiter, it would explode due to the large amount of gases. Gravity is dependant on how massive a planet is.

When freeza destroyed Namek, what he actually did was destabilize the core of the planet. So he didn't actually obliterate it, he had the power to drill down with an energy blast. So when exactly did anyone other than the main characters gain any strength? Whenever they get into fights, they basically just stall for time until a saiyan jumps onto the scene.

And, for the record, what I MEANT by the destruction of a planet is an object that is similar in make-up and size to the Earth.

ok, well you answered your first question yourself.

Vegeta (the planet) had 10x earth gravity (as was stated by king-kai during goku's training in other world during the saiyan saga)

it is "one of the secrets of they're immense power" as king-kai said.

and since you already stated yourself that for the gravity to be greater more mass is needed. therefore vegeta is relatively about 10x larger then earth.

and as i said frieza blew it up with one finger in his first form.

next. Frieza refrained from "blowing" the planet namek up with one single blast because the explosion from the planet would hurt him. his plan was for namek to explode, and he would survive, and since goku cant breathe in space frieza would win the fight (as they both would survive the explosion). now what he DIDNT want to do was to completely obliterate planet namek (like he did planet vegeta) because the occurring blast after that WOULD hurt him. now if frieza is capable fo destroying a planet in his first form with one finger and no effort, its safe to asume he COULD have destroyed namek 100 time over in his final form had he wanted too, but then the blast might kill him too, and obvoiusly he wouldn't want that. this is all said during the fight, i suggest you watch it.

my next question is: have you ever even seen DBZ before? because if you have you'd notice that ALL the fighters continue to grow in power all the time. Piccolo for example, was the strongest on the planet for a while during the android saga before Vegeta finished training in the hyperbolic time chamber. during this time piccolo would pwn frieza effortlessly. (when before he got @ss raped by frieza on namek) i do believe that is gaining power. dont you?

so i dont know what the hell your talking about to be honest. watch the show, you'll see all of what i'm talking about.

so since Vegeta COULD destroy a planet (regardless of size) with no effort when he had a powerlevel of 18,000. its safe to assume that he could put in some effort and destroy most planets at that time had he wanted too. and since the main characters (the saiyans, piccolo, and all bad guys, everyone after frieza pretty much) have power levels in at least the high 10's of millions, that they could all easily destroy the earth.

also on a side note: a being with the power relative to a SSJ2 could destroy the entire earth solar system. as cell stated he was going to destroy it with his power after he came back to life after goku's death, at this point he had power near equal or possibly even more power then Gohan as a SSJ2.

Ultimate Hulk43
even though its already been said...

in the saiyan saga at the beginning of DBZ vegeta destroys a planet with little effort while he and nappa are going to earth. (how do you know how big the planet is?)

his power level is 18,000 at the time.

That wasn't canon because it wasn't drawn by Akira Toriyama who's the creator of DBZ so if it wasn't drawn by him,IT DOESN'T COUNT.

Ultimate Hulk43
ok, well you answered your first question yourself.

Vegeta (the planet) had 10x earth gravity (as was stated by king-kai during goku's training in other world during the saiyan saga)

it is "one of the secrets of they're immense power" as king-kai said.

and since you already stated yourself that for the gravity to be greater more mass is needed. therefore vegeta is relatively about 10x larger then earth.

and as i said frieza blew it up with one finger in his first form.

next. Frieza refrained from "blowing" the planet namek up with one single blast because the explosion from the planet would hurt him. his plan was for namek to explode, and he would survive, and since goku cant breathe in space frieza would win the fight (as they both would survive the explosion). now what he DIDNT want to do was to completely obliterate planet namek (like he did planet vegeta) because the occurring blast after that WOULD hurt him. now if frieza is capable fo destroying a planet in his first form with one finger and no effort, its safe to asume he COULD have destroyed namek 100 time over in his final form had he wanted too, but then the blast might kill him too, and obvoiusly he wouldn't want that. this is all said during the fight, i suggest you watch it.

my next question is: have you ever even seen DBZ before? because if you have you'd notice that ALL the fighters continue to grow in power all the time. Piccolo for example, was the strongest on the planet for a while during the android saga before Vegeta finished training in the hyperbolic time chamber. during this time piccolo would pwn frieza effortlessly. (when before he got @ss raped by frieza on namek) i do believe that is gaining power. dont you?

so i dont know what the hell your talking about to be honest. watch the show, you'll see all of what i'm talking about.

so since Vegeta COULD destroy a planet (regardless of size) with no effort when he had a powerlevel of 18,000. its safe to assume that he could put in some effort and destroy most planets at that time had he wanted too. and since the main characters (the saiyans, piccolo, and all bad guys, everyone after frieza pretty much) have power levels in at least the high 10's of millions, that they could all easily destroy the earth.

also on a side note: a being with the power relative to a SSJ2 could destroy the entire earth solar system. as cell stated he was going to destroy it with his power after he came back to life after goku's death, at this point he had power near equal or possibly even more power then Gohan as a SSJ2.

No,Frieza COULDN'T destroy Planet Namek because he was low in power,as said in the Manga(comics).The blast WOULDN'T hurt or kill him(it was NEVER stated in the comics).Also,Akira Toriyama NEVER drew the scene where Vegeta and Nappa destroyed that planet so it doesn't count.

crazylozer
Let's do a simple exercise in science and logic, shall we?

First, mass is not the same thing as size, which is what I meant before. Lead is denser than water, so a cubic inch of lead weighs more than a cubic inch of water. Therefore, just because an X amount of lead is 10x as massive as that of the same amount of water doesn't mean that the lead is 10x larger in volume than the water. So just because the planet Vegeta had 10x the gravity of Earth doesn't mean it was 10x larger. Case in point: King Kai's planet had 10x the gravity of Earth; how large was it?

My next point will be that yes, all the fighters do improve, but by how much? Piccolo had such a massive power gain during the instance you mentioned because he became merged with Kami, multiplying his power exponentially.

Oh, and if he had wanted to really win the 'fight' with Goku, why didn't he just fly out of orbit of Namek and destroy the entire planet? I doubt Goku's speed was enough to make up for a head start, especially if Freeza sent down a distraction.

Next, when Cell said he would destroy the solar system, I doubt he'd try to do it all at once, because if you'd recall, the battle of kamehameha's between Gohan and Cell was simply not massive enough to capture all the planets in their different orbits. So in order to destroy the solar system, he'd have to multiply his power by about 100.

And by the way, yeah I've watched the show before.

Ultimate Hulk43
The Z-Fighters get stronger by TRAINING.

crazylozer
In the instance where Piccolo gained a large amount of power before he confronted Cell, he gained it from merging with Kami. They were originally one Namekian, but they seperated into the evil and good versions. But yeah, the other times, they get stronger by training, but when do you actually see Krillin train?

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't think they ever show Krillin train but he does train nonetheless.

Dan-El
Clark, Superman, Clark as Superboy, whoever, could kick Goku's ass. It's the same with any american comic book property. In comparison, American comics win overall. USA, ALL THE WAY!

Ultimate Hulk43
Finally,someone who understands Superman's unlimited power.

((The_Anomaly))
cell didnt mean he was going to destroy the solar system from earth. thats not what he said.

all it would take is for him to destroy the sun.

also Ultimate Hulk43 you have no idea what your talking about, sorry you dont. frieza could easily have destroyed namek. he wasent even at 100% power when he attempted to destroy it, he still had about 25% of his power being unused at the time.

as for Toriyama never drawing the scene where vegeta blows up the planet, it makes no difference. the manga and TV show continuity isnt EXACTLY the same, and Toriyama himself has said its the same story with the twist that the animators could make things move. its still canon in terms of DBZ (an example of non-canon are the 13 DBZ movies)

I love superman, i even have a superman poster on my wall, hes my fav superhero by far. I own all the smallville seasons, i own the DVDs of all of the superman movies, i own quite a few comics, i even have a box of superman toys from when i was younger.

but the fact is Goku would kick current supermans ass so hard he would go back in time meet Jor-El on krypton then kick his ass too.

current supes just cant win this fight, its impossible, anyone who could destroy the sun only using half of his power could easily kick supes ass.

now superman prime and pre-crisis supes is a different story, but current superman, he'd just get his ass kicked.

i mean look at the poll on this thread, more people agree with me then disagree, and thats saying a lot seeing as this is in the superman forum, and most people here like superman.

crazylozer
Actually, is Clark on Smallville going to be pre-crisis based or post-crisis? So far, he seems to be getting more and more invincible (Season 1, bullets=bruises, Season 5, re-entry=annoyance), and so far, his only weakness has been kryptonite. Then again, logically, everything after The Crisis On Infinite Earths is post-crisis. Anyone know?

Ultimate Hulk43
He's a mix of both and he's vulnerable to Magic too,not just Kryptonite.This was seen in season 4.

Ultimate Hulk43
but the fact is Goku would kick current supermans ass so hard he would go back in time meet Jor-El on krypton then kick his ass too.

current supes just cant win this fight, its impossible, anyone who could destroy the sun only using half of his power could easily kick supes ass.

now superman prime and pre-crisis supes is a different story, but current superman, he'd just get his ass kicked.

That was what I've been trying to say.And about the Frieza thing,I do know what I'm talking about,I read the Manga not to long ago and after Goku beat the crap out of him,he TRIED to destory the plaent but couldn't because of his weak Power Level but I'll read over it again to make sure,it's been about two months.

((The_Anomaly))
think about this logically

frieza tries to destroy planet namek using roughly 50-60% of his full powerlevel.

he then does not destroy it.

then he decides that its time he use his full powerlevel in order to not get killed before namek does explode. goku lets frieza reach his maximum so that "there is no doubt who the stronger of us is when this fight is over"

now if frieza still had that much power in reserve that he was not using, how is it possible he could not destroy the planet had he felt like it.

also i seriously doubt that his power had dropped below 18,000 at that point...lol (20,000 is roughly what is needed to destroy a normal sized planet)

if it had goku would have killed him with one punch, seeing as goku's powerlevel at that time was in the 5-10 million range.

to say that frieza did not have the power to destroy a planet is pure nonsense, frieza in his first form has WAYYY more power then what is needed to do so. frieza is about 48x more powerful in his final form then his first form.

you do the math

crazylozer
point...lol (20,000 is roughly what is needed to destroy a normal sized planet)

if it had goku would have killed him with one punch, seeing as goku's powerlevel at that time was in the 5-10 million range.

to say that frieza did not have the power to destroy a planet is pure nonsense, frieza in his first form has WAYYY more power then what is needed to do so.

So how exactly do you know how much power is needed to destroy a planet? Planets can have different sizes, mass and make-up. By planet, I assume that we're talking about something similar to Earth.

Also, destroying a planet can have different levels. As far as I could tell, frieza resorts to destroying planets by smashing through the ground until his blast reaches the core where the planet destabilizes. That being said, how much power is required to drill through the ground until they get to the core?

Ultimate Hulk43

frieza tries to destroy planet namek using roughly 50-60% of his full powerlevel.

he then does not destroy it.

then he decides that its time he use his full powerlevel in order to not get killed before namek does explode. goku lets frieza reach his maximum so that "there is no doubt who the stronger of us is when this fight is over"

now if frieza still had that much power in reserve that he was not using, how is it possible he could not destroy the planet had he felt like it.

also i seriously doubt that his power had dropped below 18,000 at that point...lol (20,000 is roughly what is needed to destroy a normal sized planet)

to say that frieza did not have the power to destroy a planet is pure nonsense, frieza in his first form has WAYYY more power then what is needed to do so. frieza is about 48x more powerful in his final form then his first form.

you do the math

Like I said,I'll read the Manga again to see what was said and done.

Melnorme
I just wanted to clear up some of the crazy nonsense that was being spouted off on these boards.

First of all, Goku's Shunkan-Ido (aka Instant Transmission) is infinitely faster than the speed of light...thus it is "Instant". If it was merely the speed of light, how could he have scoped out Brolli's damage in another galaxy in any meaningful span of time? Everyone he knew would have been dead and buried for hundreds of thousands of years if it were so slow! Obviously, this claim is pure bunk. It's also worth noting that this technique also can instantly transmit Goku across dimensions, as he frequently uses it to travel between this plane of existance, and the "next world" throughout the series.

Also, as far as Freiza's (and other characters') ability to destroy worlds, this nonsense about "only Frieza at full power could do it" is just that...nonsense. In the first few episodes of DBZ, Piccolo destroys the moon (1/5 as massive as Earth) with a single attack, and without even showing signs of being tired. This is Piccolo's weakest form in DBZ. The moon is completely destroyed (nothing can be seen of it from then out), and I must also add that the moon does not have an active core, which seems to be the claim in these boards; that planetary destruction in DBZ can only be brought about by destabilizing a celestial body's core.

Also, we witnessed Freiza's destruction of the planet Vegita. It was, presumably Earth-like in appearance...though appearances may be deceiving. It's very likely that this planet was far more massive than Earth, as the residents were exponentially stronger and tougher than Earthlings. In any case, Freiza destroyed it while in his "weakest" form, using only one finger. The ensuing destruction took seconds, and was extremely energetic, meaning that it was not a mere "core collapse", but rather the only significant source of energy for the explosion was Freiza's own. As you can see, the claim that Freiza could only destroy planets at max power and only by destabilizing the core is demonstrably false.

Melnorme
Another false argument going on seems to be that Goku's source of invulnerability is his "Ki", or some sort of shield produced by that. Although this is the current incarnation of Superman's form of invulnerability, this is not the case with Saiyans.

During Dragonball Movie #14, Goku is shot by Bulma in the head. Now, while Goku is already a formidable martial artist, and fighter, he has not yet met Master Roshi. He has not learned to develop his "ki" in any significant way. He has not yet mastered the kame hame ha. However, the bullet ricochets off his head, and apparently the bullet only stings the child Saiyan. Goku certainly doesn't have the ability to produce a field yet, as he has no experience with ki-type attacks. Moreover, if it were a force field, why would the bullet sting? It would only bounce off the field, and have imparted none of its energy to the Goku's head.

Also, we can tell that Goku's invulnerability is not solely due to a force field by comparing it to Superman's invulnerability. In the comics, Superman's current incarnation has his clothes made out of normal materials, not some Kryptonian fabric as was the case PreC. His threads stay together because of a force field that extends a very short distance from his body. So, when hit by a particularly brutal attack, Superman's cape often disintegrates, but the suit, only a fraction of an inch from his skin, remains intact. Conversely, how often do we see Goku's shirt getting blown off of him? Every third episode? And yet, Goku seems to survive these attacks that penetrate this force field. Clearly, Goku himself is fairly invulnerable, and this is not solely due to a "force field".

However, it is true that characters in Dragonball do produce some kind of field. This is seen in countless episodes, as debris, smoke, and energy attacks are seen to come in contact with these fields. However, this is merely a supplimental form of protection, and the Saiyans (and most of the characters in the DBZ universe) are also physically tough...very tough.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Melnorme
I just wanted to clear up some of the crazy nonsense that was being spouted off on these boards.

First of all, Goku's Shunkan-Ido (aka Instant Transmission) is infinitely faster than the speed of light...thus it is "Instant". If it was merely the speed of light, how could he have scoped out Brolli's damage in another galaxy in any meaningful span of time? Everyone he knew would have been dead and buried for hundreds of thousands of years if it were so slow! Obviously, this claim is pure bunk. It's also worth noting that this technique also can instantly transmit Goku across dimensions, as he frequently uses it to travel between this plane of existance, and the "next world" throughout the series.

Also, as far as Freiza's (and other characters') ability to destroy worlds, this nonsense about "only Frieza at full power could do it" is just that...nonsense. In the first few episodes of DBZ, Piccolo destroys the moon (1/5 as massive as Earth) with a single attack, and without even showing signs of being tired. This is Piccolo's weakest form in DBZ. The moon is completely destroyed (nothing can be seen of it from then out), and I must also add that the moon does not have an active core, which seems to be the claim in these boards; that planetary destruction in DBZ can only be brought about by destabilizing a celestial body's core.

Also, we witnessed Freiza's destruction of the planet Vegita. It was, presumably Earth-like in appearance...though appearances may be deceiving. It's very likely that this planet was far more massive than Earth, as the residents were exponentially stronger and tougher than Earthlings. In any case, Freiza destroyed it while in his "weakest" form, using only one finger. The ensuing destruction took seconds, and was extremely energetic, meaning that it was not a mere "core collapse", but rather the only significant source of energy for the explosion was Freiza's own. As you can see, the claim that Freiza could only destroy planets at max power and only by destabilizing the core is demonstrably false.

that whole thing about frieza is EXACTLY what i've been saying, but people seem to think its not true.

Frieza could EASILY destroy Namek, saying anything else is utter nonsense.

as for everything else, its all right and its what i've been saying for what seems like months now.

Inspectah Deck
Anyone from DBZ could beat Clark

Ultimate Hulk43
But not Superman.It's common knowledge,next I'll be hearing that the Spectre will be brought to his knees by Broly,yeah right. wink

((The_Anomaly))
Broly is weak

and its common knowledge that SUPERMAN PRIME and PRE-CRISIS SUPES could beat DBZ character's

but Superman now could not

and since Prime was a brief part of superman, i dont even consider it that special.

and since pre-crisis supes dosent even exist anymore. then techinically Goku can beat Superman, cause he would pWn current Superman.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Anyone from DBZ could beat Clark

Sure about that? I don't think Krillin could beat young Clark. Neither could Yamcha or Tien.

I definitely think Goku is stronger than Vegeta, and as much as i think Vegeta rulz and I'll even go as far as saying that Clark may even take this fight to but thats a big "may".

((The_Anomaly))
are you kidding?

both krillin and yamcha have the ability to destroy the earth if they felt like it.

Vegeta would kick the crap outta superman and especially clark (smallville) even more so in GT when vegeta can go super saiyan 4.

all the saiyans at base form could kill superman (current) pretty much any of the main CBZ characters could kill superman....

goku, vegeta, gohan, goten, trunks (espically fused), piccolo, krillin, tien, yamcha...

pretty much anyone from the namek saga on who fights could kick supermans (post-crisis) ass.

people here are severely underestimating how powerful DBZ characters really are.

FistOfThe North
are you kidding?

both krillin and yamcha have the ability to destroy the earth if they felt like it.

Vegeta would kick the crap outta superman and especially clark (smallville) even more so in GT when vegeta can go super saiyan 4.

all the saiyans at base form could kill superman (current) pretty much any of the main CBZ characters could kill superman....

goku, vegeta, gohan, goten, trunks (espically fused), piccolo, krillin, tien, yamcha...

pretty much anyone from the namek saga on who fights could kick supermans (post-crisis) ass.

people here are severely underestimating how powerful DBZ characters really are.

lmao, dude.

Superman would pulverize DBZ characters with the exception of Goku, I'd have to see that fight, and since you wanna increase powers, ill bring in Superman Prime.

Nuff said.

((The_Anomaly))
how, how can he "pulverize" them? tell me?

and if you read it i said CURRENT SUPERMAN, for F*ucks sake people, CURRENT, not pre-crisis, not prime, CURRENT...

I've already said more then prolly 5 times now that Prime and pre-crisis supes would beat goku.

but current superman isnt a match for ANY of the main DBZ characters, not even remotely close.

Superman cant destroy planets with one finger

Nuff said.....

crazylozer
However, Superman has a history of having his power increased over time. Even since the beginning of post-crisis, he's gotten more powerful. How strong he'll end up is anyone's guess....

FistOfThe North
how, how can he "pulverize" them? tell me?

and if you read it i said CURRENT SUPERMAN, for F*ucks sake people, CURRENT, not pre-crisis, not prime, CURRENT...

I've already said more then prolly 5 times now that Prime and pre-crisis supes would beat goku.

but current superman isnt a match for ANY of the main DBZ characters, not even remotely close.

Superman cant destroy planets with one finger

Nuff said.....

lol Soo....what your saying is, is "Let's increase Goku's Saiyin level and pit him against current Superman." c'mon. And you did talk about Superman battling against Super Saiyins.

You'll increase a Saiyin's level but not Supermans? Thats fake. mad

Melnorme
Broly is weak

and its common knowledge that SUPERMAN PRIME and PRE-CRISIS SUPES could beat DBZ character's

but Superman now could not

and since Prime was a brief part of superman, i dont even consider it that special.

and since pre-crisis supes dosent even exist anymore. then techinically Goku can beat Superman, cause he would pWn current Superman.

"Common knowledge" is another way of saying "argumentum ad populum", which is obviously a logical fallacy.

It's possible that PC Superman could beat him, but not knowing what Superman Prime's feats are, I remain somewhat dubious of this claim. In any case, if you wish to bring in the non-canon souped-up Supes Prime, might I suggest squaring him against his DBZ equivalent, Goku post DBGT, wherein he had absorbed the power of the dragonballs, and thus could effectively alter reality, as would a god? Let's see Prime beat that. laughing

FistOfThe North
"Common knowledge" is another way of saying "argumentum ad populum", which is obviously a logical fallacy.

It's possible that PC Superman could beat him, but not knowing what Superman Prime's feats are, I remain somewhat dubious of this claim. In any case, if you wish to bring in the non-canon souped-up Supes Prime, might I suggest squaring him against his DBZ equivalent, Goku post DBGT, wherein he had absorbed the power of the dragonballs, and thus could effectively alter reality, as would a god? Let's see Prime beat that. laughing

See that's the thing, Prime is a God.

And I'm not joking.

Young Kent loses no doubt but Prime would vaporize Goku's highest Saiyin level really fast. And if you wanna throw in projectiles then the "Sword of Heaven" comes in. Prime is just on a much higher algebra than are any DBZ characters much as i like 'em.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
lol Soo....what your saying is, is "Let's increase Goku's Saiyin level and pit him against current Superman." c'mon. And you did talk about Superman battling against Super Saiyins.

You'll increase a Saiyin's level but not Supermans? Thats fake. mad

I didnt say anything about increasing goku's power? What the f**k?

((The_Anomaly))

lol, a logical fallacy eh? do you even know what an actual logical fallacy is?

anyways, its pretty obvious that superman prime would beat goku, he can basically do anything.

however you are right, i was thinking about post GT goku after absorbing the dragonballs a while go, but refrained from using it as an argument because were not really sure what him absorbing the dragonaballs actually meant....

i'd assume your right, that he could grant wishes and alter reality, and i'd assume he is technically immortal now, cause the dragonballs are immortal (save for if dende dies, and when he does die of old age what happens to goku?)

so that would be interesting, superman prime is god-like, but goku w/ dragonballs could just make him vanish into nothingness. assuming it would have been within shenrons power to do so, but then we'd assume that he'd have a lot more then shenrons previous power seeing as goku is pretty much the most powerful person in the universe, dead or alive so...

there are lots of factors, but post-DB absorbtion-Goku might just be able to beat superman prime. its possible but hard to speculate since we dont really know what that goku could do.

FistOfThe North
even more so in GT when vegeta can go super saiyan 4.

trunks (espically fused),could kick supermans (post-crisis) ass.

Really? This is what you wrote.

PrettyboyTom
If I didn't quickly scroll through this babble I'd have fell to sleep on the first post.

Superman is much more than some silly over the top manga animation-esque thing. No comparison!

Topic... Ended!

((The_Anomaly))
Really? This is what you wrote.

Really what? i dont get it?

yes, trunks fused as gotenks would kick post-crisis supes ass and so would Vegeta...

...........What the f**k?

i dont get what you are supposed to be showing me...

Smallville
Superman... hands down.

Inspectah Deck
Sure about that? I don't think Krillin could beat young Clark. Neither could Yamcha or Tien.

I definitely think Goku is stronger than Vegeta, and as much as i think Vegeta rulz and I'll even go as far as saying that Clark may even take this fight to but thats a big "may".

Krillin would kill Superman

((The_Anomaly))
Krillin would kill Superman

thats what i've been saying, its sad cause krillin is annoying as hell, but he could beat superman...

now supes is wayyyy cooler then krillin, but krillin would still beat him.

as i said, people who think post-crisis supes can win this are either a) too huge of superman fanboys to admit that DBZ characters are stronger then supes. or b) do not quite understand just how powerful DBZ characters are.

and for the last time, im not talking about superman prime and pre-crisis superman

im ONLY talking about post-crisis superman (superman RIGHT NOW)

any of the main DBZ characters would kill post-crisis superman with little to no effort.

FistOfThe North
Really what? i dont get it?

yes, trunks fused as gotenks would kick post-crisis supes ass and so would Vegeta...

...........What the f**k?

i dont get what you are supposed to be showing me...

what do you mean wtf you strumpet, when you said this:

"I didn't say anything about increasing goku's power?" a few posts back, totally contradicting yourself. Make up your mind, duke.

Inspectah Deck
thats what i've been saying, its sad cause krillin is annoying as hell, but he could beat superman...

now supes is wayyyy cooler then krillin, but krillin would still beat him.

as i said, people who think post-crisis supes can win this are either a) too huge of superman fanboys to admit that DBZ characters are stronger then supes. or b) do not quite understand just how powerful DBZ characters are.

and for the last time, im not talking about superman prime and pre-crisis superman

im ONLY talking about post-crisis superman (superman RIGHT NOW)

any of the main DBZ characters would kill post-crisis superman with little to no effort.

yes

((The_Anomaly))
what do you mean wtf you strumpet, when you said this:

"I didn't say anything about increasing goku's power?" a few posts back, totally contradicting yourself. Make up your mind, duke.

Ok seriously, i have no idea what the hell your talking about, honestly.

what does super saiyan 4 or fusing have to do with that...?????

super saiyan 4 isnt "increasing" Goku's power, it IS his power....

I just threw in the Gotenks fusion just cause'

but other then that i dont know wtf your trying to say, cause no where did i say anything about "increasing" Goku's power.... What the f**k?

PrettyboyTom
YAWN, THIS IS BORING!

Dragonball sucks!!!!!!

Solo
Superman... hands down.
Yup.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Solo
Yup.

Elaborate

Melnorme
Elaborate

They just don't understand... sad

FistOfThe North
How can an impostor defeat the source of it's existence.

Without Superman there'd be no Goku. Because of Superman, Goku exists, plain and simple. Period.

Goku is basically a Japanese Superman.

Superman will f*** up Goku without a doubt much as I like Kakarot.

PrettyboyTom
How can an imposter defeat the source of its existence? Is that like saying, "how can a son beat up his father?". Well, depends on if the son is stronger/bigger/faster, etc, than the father. Without the father, there wouldn't be a son, but if said son beats up daddy, daddy would be no more.

((The_Anomaly))

Without Superman there'd be no Goku. Because of Superman, Goku exists, plain and simple. Period.

yes, your right? but what does that have to do with who is more powerful?

if that were true then superman could take anyone who is in comic books today, and thats obviously not true.

PrettyboyTom
They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be, they only lack the brains and common sense to show them the way. Dance around in red and blue tights and save people and they'll be inspired to become better people! ..

DA.... DA DA DA DAAAAA....... DAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...... DA DA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melnorme

And, for what it's worth, there have been stories about Son Goku since before there was a Superman, before there was an America, and before there was even an English language, so nyah nyah! stick out tongue

Inspectah Deck

What the f**k?

LarrySanders
Fact is Ken Shiro could beat the both of them together! lol big grin

PrettyboyTom
With a finger point of doom!?

LarrySanders
Im sorry but your already dead.....

Thats all Superman and Goku would hear lol big grin

PrettyboyTom
Ken Shiro doesn't so much as have to raise a hand in battle, does he.

PrettyboyTom
So all this is settled then? Superman and Goku would both lose against Ken Shiro.

smile ah'm happy wid dat playa

LarrySanders
Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
So all this is settled then? Superman and Goku would both lose against Ken Shiro.

smile ah'm happy wid dat playa

Amen to that! Ken shiro needs only gaze to flatten them both wink

Melnorme
Originally posted by LarrySanders
Amen to that! Ken shiro needs only gaze to flatten them both wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

stuey
i want clark to win so bad but it's so obvious goku kicks ass seeing that goku has five stages now all goku has to do is kao-kin and whoop clarks ass if not he always has 2 and he ain't getting past 2 but if he somehow does goku has super saiyan 5 i seen him in it he's unstopple he killed kid buu in seconds it was awesome

PrettyboyTom
I don't buy Goku.. I think he's a fraud

stuey
no way he's no fraud but just saying figureing that clark is real but has no powers then again clark could win goku has a weakness if u ahve't notice he can't use to much of his power so clark could win too

((The_Anomaly))

what the hell does that even mean?

how the hell is he a fraud??

Inspectah Deck

dontgetit Can you buy Goku?

PrettyboyTom
Deck, Anomaly, It was a figure of speech - do you understand what that means?

Inspectah Deck
That's not figurative speech laughing

PrettyboyTom
Inspectd'uh D'uheck. Solvahing d'uh misteri. Com-unikation Probum..... D'uhahhhhh.. Crahime ceeeeen.

Why do I bother speaking with people like you? Why do I even bother????????

((The_Anomaly))
errr, whatever man, leave then if you dont wanna "talk" to us...cause your just an a whole different plateau of intelligence then the rest of us right....i mean i can see it, your way smarter then anyone I've ever met. actually now that i think about it, you might as well leave these forums completely cause no one on KMC could possibly be capable of even understanding that your talking about.

right everyone? i mean geeze, what do we know? in comparison i'd guess pretty well nothing.

laughing out loud

Inspectah Deck
Inspectd'uh D'uheck. Solvahing d'uh misteri. Com-unikation Probum..... D'uhahhhhh.. Crahime ceeeeen.

Why do I bother speaking with people like you? Why do I even bother????????

Explain how that's figurative speech, and I'll give you a cookie! eek!

PrettyboyTom
After this, I'm not going to bother.....

confused

Thanks, but *you* used "your" out of context (use a dictionary and find out the right way to use it), therefore *your* grammar is trashed/defiled/violated. LoooosAH. bangin

Okay, simpleton, just this once (since you're so keen to learn): "I don't buy Goku"; what that means is, "I think he's a JOKE". "he is a fraud" is my allegorical term for: "he's too far fetched to be even considered as a viable opponent for Superman, as Superman is a far more believable 'character' than someone who can 'blow up a solar system with nothing more than a thought or a stupid Ryu-like fireball move. It's farrrrrrr fetched. Way more so than Superman, as he is still subject to believable boundaries, e.g. he cannot blow up solar systems. big grin Dragonball reminds me of my childhood years, where I'd play cops and robbers with friends and they'd still get up after being shot a thousand times in the chest and come back with a, "I'm wearing super-sonic anti-bullet protective shields". C'mon!

"I don't buy Goku" *is* figurative - what would make you say it's not? Answer: you do not comprehend allegorical terms. Since I know why you do not comprehend, I already have the answer to my own question; that is why I gave it. I'm explaining more to you than I should bother to and it's probably all going to waste, but what the heck! it's xmas! smile.

Hope that's cleared things up for you. Keep your cookie though, sport. You have a hole where that could go, I suggest you shove it in there.

Merry Xmas.. and do take time out to read my disclaimer hysterical

PrettyboyTom
One more thing..

That is why you should make good use of those free online dictionaries!
fear

mtryder
Way more so than Superman, as he is still subject to believable boundaries, e.g. he cannot blow up solar systems.

Superman? Believable? *more* believable, maybe, but anyone that finds an alien from the planet krypton who happens to look just like a human believable is insane. Factor in that this alien happens to be able to superspeed, fly, shoot fricking lasers out of his eyes, use super strength, use super breath, and that whole deal about being basically invulnerable save for green rocks from his home planet, and it gets even less "believable". Hell, the man Goes back in time by making Earth spin backwards. This, of course, is perfectly believable. Righto.

PrettyboyTom
mtryder, just like all the others on this forum, you misunderstand. Ah, you're from the United States - that explains it!

Goku is extremely OTT (over-the-top) and that's my point. I'm not saying Superman is believable, or even *more* believable as you say "maybe" to. By even suggesting to any extent that Superman is more real than Goku in fact farts on your whole attempt to correct me. See, you just agreed with me by 'insinuating' Goku is less believable than Superman because Goku is indeed, OVER THE TOP.

I urge you for your own good to read carefully what I say in my posts - it is quick to jump to your own conclusions and trip yourself over your own fat head (as you just did) as a result of not doing just that. Contrary to what your ignorance *may* lead you to believe, I DO realise Superman does some fantastical things, but NOTHING to the extremes of GOKU's stupidly exaggerated powers of taking out planets and solar systems and god knows what other stupid things like that (as I pointed out earlier!!).

How can you compare some wacky animation like Goku to an art craft of an on-going story in the Superman legacy? Goku's world is crazy, absurd and retarded. Comparing Dragonball to Superman is like comparing Super Mario Bros to Batman and analysing both in a one on one fight and trying to determine an outcome. Ri-god-damn-diculous. So Mario would win cos he'd get his racoon cap and take off in the air and eat a magic mushroom that would make him super GIANT racoon and then he'd come down on Batman like a ton of bricks from the skies, flattening him into the pavement. DON'T BE STUPID! They're too different to be compared. Mario escapes believable boundaries into super-absurdity to ensure victory over Batman, in much the same way Goku would to ensure victory over Superman.

ENOUGH OF THIS BACKLASH WHEN I'M CLEARLY IN THE RIGHT!

Inspectah Deck
Okay, simpleton, just this once (since you're so keen to learn): "I don't buy Goku"; what that means is, "I think he's a JOKE". "he is a fraud" is my allegorical term for: "he's too far fetched to be even considered as a viable opponent for Superman, as Superman is a far more believable 'character' than someone who can 'blow up a solar system with nothing more than a thought or a stupid Ryu-like fireball move. It's farrrrrrr fetched. Way more so than Superman, as he is still subject to believable boundaries, e.g. he cannot blow up solar systems. big grin

"I don't buy Goku" *is* figurative - what would make you say it's not? Answer: you do not comprehend allegorical terms. Since I know why you do not comprehend, I already have the answer to my own question; that is why I gave it. I'm explaining more to you than I should bother to and it's probably all going to waste, but what the heck! it's xmas! smile.

Hope that's cleared things up for you. Keep your cookie though, sport. You have a hole where that could go, I suggest you shove it in there.

Merry Xmas.. and do take time out to read my disclaimer hysterical

So you think Goku would beat Clark?

((The_Anomaly))
mtryder, just like all the others on this forum, you misunderstand. Ah, you're from the United States - that explains it!

Goku is extremely OTT (over-the-top) and that's my point. I'm not saying Superman is believable, or even *more* believable as you say "maybe" to. By even suggesting to any extent that Superman is more real than Goku in fact farts on your whole attempt to correct me. See, you just agreed with me by 'insinuating' Goku is less believable than Superman because Goku is indeed, OVER THE TOP.

I urge you for your own good to read carefully what I say in my posts - it is quick to jump to your own conclusions and trip yourself over your own fat head (as you just did) as a result of not doing just that. Contrary to what your ignorance *may* lead you to believe, I DO realise Superman does some fantastical things, but NOTHING to the extremes of GOKU's stupidly exaggerated powers of taking out planets and solar systems and god knows what other stupid things like that (as I pointed out earlier!!).

How can you compare some wacky animation like Goku to an art craft of an on-going story in the Superman legacy? Goku's world is crazy, absurd and retarded. Comparing Dragonball to Superman is like comparing Super Mario Bros to Batman and analysing both in a one on one fight and trying to determine an outcome. Ri-god-damn-diculous. So Mario would win cos he'd get his racoon cap and take off in the air and eat a magic mushroom that would make him super GIANT racoon and then he'd come down on Batman like a ton of bricks from the skies, flattening him into the pavement. DON'T BE STUPID! They're too different to be compared. Mario escapes believable boundaries into super-absurdity to ensure victory over Batman, in much the same way Goku would to ensure victory over Superman.

ENOUGH OF THIS BACKLASH WHEN I'M CLEARLY IN THE RIGHT!

Ermmm....there are FAR more absurd things in other American comics then Goku man. (btw Goku never does actually blow up any planets, he could however do so effortlessly)

The cosmic beings in marvel are WAYYYY more over the top then Goku ever was or could be. Seriously man, think about things before you say them.

Sure Goku and Superman are indeed different, but not so different that one cannot compare them. (your Mario Batman analogy is absurd and untrue in a comparison of Superman vs. Goku)

Goku would ensure victory over Superman because he is stronger. In the same way that Galactus would ensure victory over Spiderman.

The problem here (in comparing Goku vs. Supes) lies not in the fact that Goku is absurd in character and world. The problem is the power difference between Goku and Superman is absurd. Just as the power difference between Galactus and Spiderman is absurd. If someone asked "who wins, Spiderman or Galactus?". Thats an absolutely ridiculously pointless question. Galactus has more power in his pinky finger then Spiderman could have if you multiplied his power by 500.

This is the same for Goku vs. Superman. Goku could in technical terms blow up a planet with no effort in his normal state (not powered up at all, so in an "at rest state"wink by looking at a planet, no finger, nothing, he could destroy planets so easily its insane, almost ridiculous, but its still true. Superman in comparison to power like that, is nothing. Sure hes fast and strong and very very hard to kill, but he can be hurt, and killed. Doomsday showed us this, and Goku could again basically look at Doomsday and kill him.

Its just not possible for Superman to win this fight, Goku is on a far higher plateau of power then Superman is. Thats why a battle between Superman and Goku seems absurd.

PrettyboyTom
Wrong, Anomaly, I'm 100% correct in everything I say. smile

((The_Anomaly))
not exactly

PrettyboyTom
You can't beat me, Anomaly.. I am right. big grin

PrettyboyTom

((The_Anomaly))
Everything you said there is just your personal opinion with no argumentation. I wont argue with your personal opinion, its pointless.

personally I loved DBZ (to death) when I was younger, and I still like it today. Superman is also a part of my childhood, so they are both special to me but this isn't a thread about who is more nostalgic, or who deserves more respect, this is a thread on who would win Goku or Clark.

And DBZ isn't a "sleazy cartoon" at all, its one of the most popular (if not the most popular) Manga's (comic book) and TV series in Japan. So you need to think about it from that point, DBZ is a legend of Japanese comics too. Sure is not near the world wide legacy that is "Supeman" (nothing is). But its not something that is near "sleazy", its a major part of Japanese comics. So stop trying to degrade it to something that its not. Simply because you don't like it doesn't mean anything at all.

PrettyboyTom
Oh but I never said I didn't like it! I just don't WATCH it. clap

Inspectah Deck
Its just not possible for Superman to win this fight, Goku is on a far higher plateau of power then Superman is. Thats why a battle between Superman and Goku seems absurd.

Goku>Doomsday>Superman

PrettyboyTom
Mario (pre-mushroom crisis)>Goku>Doomsday>Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.