2005 Summer Horror Movies You Are Most Excited To See

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Here are mine:

1. The Devil's Rejects

2. Land of the Dead

3. The Woods

4. The Fog

5. Doom

6. A History of Violence

7. The Brothers Grimm

8. War of the Worlds

9. The Cave

10. The Skeleton Key

MildPossession
Land of the Dead is most important to see.

HockeyFace
Originally posted by MildPossession
Land of the Dead is most important to see.

Yes, but Devil's Rejects is also going to be a huge movie for it's ensemble cast of horror veterans. Heck, its even got Mary Woronov from Eating Raoul!

SithSpy
I just saw the trailer for devil's rejects today...looks awesome. I love rob zombies visuals, always creepy. Also Undead looks like it will be preety good, and of course Land of the Dead, I read the script allready, it'll be awesome!

WindDancer
LOTD is in top but lately High Tension has drawn quite an interest in me.

SithSpy
Yeah high tension looks good but im not sure i understand the premise, so theres a killer and then someone who witnesses his crimes hunts him? do i have that right? b/c if so it doesent really seem like horror to me

Zilverz
Land of the Dead and Devils Rejects

eggmayo
I have High Tension (Haute Tension) on DVD, is it later released in America?

BackFire
Land of the Dead is having me shitty my pants in excitement, honestly, I've never been more excited for a film them I am for Land of the Dead.

I also want to see Devils Rejects and High Tension.

HockeyFace
I'm not that excited about High Tension, it just hasn't caught my interest. I can't wait to see The Woods though. Bruce Campbell in a movie that is getting a normal theatrical release! Happy Dance

MildPossession
The uncut Land of the Dead trailer is wonderful! Haute Tension is fantastic and is a must see. As for Undead, it's nothing amazing but some of the gore is good to see.

Deano
haute tension is excellent..better than most the crap hollywood is churning out
its different than most slasher films...ita got a unique style to it

MildPossession
The cinematography/art direction is wonderful too in Haute Tension. Lovely to look at.

papabeard
Night Watch, The Cave, The Woods,2001 Maniacs ( Starring Robert Englund), The Devils Rejects, Land of the Dead

HockeyFace
Originally posted by papabeard
2001 Maniacs ( Starring Robert Englund)

Yeah to bad its only getting a video release from Lions Gate though. I think it would have done pretty well on the big screen. Well at least we get to see Johnny "Reanimator 2 Skinny Corpse" Legend though! Happy Dance

beta-wolf_101
Isn't War of the Worlds a SCI FI movie? and was my vote is for Devil's Rejects.

chilled monkey
High Tension (Haute Tension) is garbage. Don't bother with it.

papabeard
High Tension is good, definetly worth a watch.

basementred
war of the worlds, saw 2, devil reject, and land of the dead, war of the worlds is a horror because fangoria talks about it

chilled monkey
High Tension is good, definetly worth a watch.

It is trash. Don't waste your money.

BREN
chilled monkey we heard ur point of view dont repeat urself,pitty nobody else agrees with it,the film is great,chilled monkey didnt like it in case u missed that every1 else did,spend ur money and be entertained,not educated,because unless im mistaken thats what i thought movies were for entertainment!,and chilled altho i dont know ya and i aint trying to be mean u have confessed that wrong turn is 1 of ur fave horror movies,can i ask how long u been watching horror movies?
personally i thought haute (high) tension kicked the shit out of wrong turn,lol but what do i know only been watching/collecting horror movies since 1980 i only own over 7000 and gawd only knows how many ive seen,lol maybe i was wrong about haute tension and wrong turn?...then again ...maybe not!,lol

grey fox
i've seen war of the worlds trailer......it's not that good from what i have seen so far

actor
Dark Water (is that what it's called?) I just saw it advertised when i went to see House of Wax (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!)

MildPossession
Dark Water looks like it could do very well as a remake, the original Japanese film is fabulous, so will be very very interesting to see what Walter Salles(The Motorcycle Diaries, City of God(Producer) and Central Station) has done with the remake. Especially with Jennifer Connelly in the lead and John C. Reilly.

Dark Water is a remake I am actually looking forwards to.

papabeard
I wont be watching the american remake, as I loved the original too much.

MildPossession
At least give it a chance...

papabeard
I dont agree with the hollywood remake mentality, to me it seems pointless, because they generally destroy whatever was good about the original. Also it destroys creativity.People should create new and original works , its like a cover version of a song, it has to be different from and better than the original and that is almost impossible to do,due to its very nature.

It may be good for people who havent seen the original, but those people should have sought it out before, and watched the original version giving it more exposure and making it more succesful, and this exposure would allow the film-makers more money to make more great films, the hollywood remakes leech money and exposure from the film-makers , suffocating and stifling any future creativity and success they might have.

Burn hollywood,Burn............blowup

crickey77
Originally posted by MildPossession
Dark Water looks like it could do very well as a remake, the original Japanese film is fabulous, so will be very very interesting to see what Walter Salles(The Motorcycle Diaries, City of God(Producer) and Central Station) has done with the remake. Especially with Jennifer Connelly in the lead and John C. Reilly.

Dark Water is a remake I am actually looking forwards to.

Yeah, that is def. my most anticipated horror movie for the summer. Jennifer Connelly is a great actress and the commercials definitely look freaky.

Skull-X
My votes all for The Grudge 2

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by basementred
war of the worlds, saw 2, devil reject, and land of the dead, war of the worlds is a horror because fangoria talks about it

Negative. "War of the Worlds" has been and always will be strictly Sci-Fi.

Also it destroys creativity.People should create new and original works

Tell that to the creators of your beloved J-Horror. They're head over heels in love with forumlaic ghost stories with the same plot.

Dreadlord_913
I could hardly call War of the Worlds a horror movie but I still want to see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.