Any Recommendations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slinger
Does anybody have any recommendations for a guy trying to really get into anime? I'm not new to it, but I really want to get into it. Could you go by genre, too. Oh and to be specific about a couple things, I'd like recommendations from all kinds of genres, but do you guys know of any anime with cool gunplay, like in the style of Ballad of Fallen Angels on Cowboy Bebop, that episode was awesome. I never got past that episode, thought. And, also could you recommend something for a little kid about 10 years old, somebody who likes Teen Titans and that kind of stuff, you know, with action and comedy, not too kiidy, but cool enough to entertain?

Bardock42
Anime: Naruto, Ranma 1/2, Dragonball maybe One Piece, Detective Conan or Yu Gi Oh....ogh and yu have to watch Shin Chan...funniest anime ever.

For Manga: Berserk, Ranma !/2, Dragonball, One Piece and Neon Genesis Evangelion

Max Spidey 24
NArutooooooooooooooooooooo Bleachhhhhhhhhhhhhhh streetfighter 2V. Fullmetal panic and alchemist .......and some otherrrr stufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffff.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Theres an anime call Midori Days whick is funny. Its a romantic comedy.

TrAnCeDuO
well from what youve asked for i can say trigun, ghost in a shell, chrno crusade, and hellsing.

Lana
Definitely watch more of Bebop yes

Also, pretty much most of the others that have been named: Trigun, GOTS, Hellsing...

For the 10 year old, I'd say go with anime like Shaman King, .hack//Sign, maybe Naruto?

Bardock42
Naruto for the 10 year olds...says someone who has a Sailor Moon sig.....stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
meh to each their own but i wouldnt reccomend .hack//sign to a ten year old since its very heavy in dialogue and has little to keep them concentrated on the story at hand.

Lana
Originally posted by Bardock42
Naruto for the 10 year olds...says someone who has a Sailor Moon sig.....stick out tongue

I've only read the manga stick out tongue so I really don't know about the anime, hence the maybe and the question mark.

And Sailormoon I'd recommend of course, but it depends on the kid. If it's a boy, he prolly won't like it.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Gantz is awesome!! it has so much gore but it has a real good meaning in it.

sai12
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
meh to each their own but i wouldnt reccomend .hack//sign to a ten year old since its very heavy in dialogue and has little to keep them concentrated on the story at hand.

I agree. I had a hard time keeping my 16 year old brother to watch it. He liked it, but it had too much story not enough action.

I wouldn't know what to reccommend though. I was thinking something like Slayers. How bout just having them watch the stuff on tv like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh *sp*, Digimon....That kinda stuff?

TrAnCeDuO
slayers...would be okay...i guess...if im not mistaken isnt there a running gag on lina inverses breasts being so small?*hasnt seen the anime in a long time*

but yeah the rest you listed would be just fine.

Lana
Slayers? Yeah, one of the main gags in that show is Lina's chest size, plus if you're watching the series' with Naga....umm, not suitable for a 10 year old I'd say.

sai12
Naga is in the movies....

*giggle*

I know what you mean though.

sailormoon
I agree with all the reccomendations, not for the ten year old but for someone older, from what you said, I know it has know guns but the swordplay is good. Checkout Samurai Champloo! This isn't for the Ten year old either, but you should check out Full Metal Alchemist, simply because it's awesome!!!! stick out tongue

soundtrack
adult:
cowboy bebop
gundam wing
escaflowne
street fighter II
saiyuki
wolf's rain
hellsing
x
ruroni kenshin
yu yu hakushu

kids can almost always watch regular anime b/c they put some comedy into it. it also depends on where you live and what version you what.

RavenSDL
any recommendtion for someone who wants to get into manga and anime

Bardock42
Oh god..I didn't read the 10 years part....oh god...do NOT under no circumstances show Berserk to a 10 year old....oh god Neon Genesis Evangeliomn neither...sorry aboot that...the rest should be fine...although its an even better read for older people

TrAnCeDuO
yeah now that you mention it NGE has alot of ....*cough* different tones in it.

Bardock42
yeah now that you mention it NGE has alot of ....*cough* different tones in it.

I guess you don't know Berserk stick out tongue

soundtrack
the get backers

TrAnCeDuO
I guess you don't know Berserk stick out tongue

err actually i do...and i dont know what your trying to imply by that post.

Bardock42
err actually i do...and i dont know what your trying to imply by that post.

Just that Neon Genesis Evangelion is maybe strage and nothing for a 10 year old......but Berserk is just plain sick

sai12
Just that Neon Genesis Evangelion is maybe strage and nothing for a 10 year old......but Berserk is just plain sick

Beserk is not sick!! Its an awesome movie!! Though they may have a few graphic scenes...it isn't sick! :P

Flame Alchemist
Berserk is a freakin pysko

Ciraric
I think he can show whatever he wants to a 10-year old.

Broaden their views from the putrid crap they normally watch.

And for anyone looking for good manga- Battle Royale.

Flame Alchemist
I don't think you should show mature anime to a 10yr old he'll probobaly get bored with it and want to do something else

snehin
Originally posted by slinger
Does anybody have any recommendations for a guy trying to really get into anime? I'm not new to it, but I really want to get into it. Could you go by genre, too. Oh and to be specific about a couple things, I'd like recommendations from all kinds of genres, but do you guys know of any anime with cool gunplay, like in the style of Ballad of Fallen Angels on Cowboy Bebop, that episode was awesome. I never got past that episode, thought. And, also could you recommend something for a little kid about 10 years old, somebody who likes Teen Titans and that kind of stuff, you know, with action and comedy, not too kiidy, but cool enough to entertain? naruto,berserk,dragonball and its sequels,rurouni kenshin,gundam seed,tenchu,red ninja series!

snehin
Just that Neon Genesis Evangelion is maybe strage and nothing for a 10 year old......but Berserk is just plain sick hey when i was 10 i watched so may animes tht were like berserk exept berserk came out a lot later im 15 now but i watched every anime doesn't matter wat scenes were there!!

snehin
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
I don't think you should show mature anime to a 10yr old he'll probobaly get bored with it and want to do something else not every 10yr old kid getz tht way!

Bardock42
Well I wasn't talking aboot the anime...I've seen some of it...its just stupid if you want the real Berserk read it...its great but whatever you say it is sick....people get raped crushed destroyed in like every single picture

snehin
Well I wasn't talking aboot the anime...I've seen some of it...its just stupid if you want the real Berserk read it...its great but whatever you say it is sick....people get raped crushed destroyed in like every single picture i know but i watched stuff like tht when i was 10!not berserk!!stuff like drenity r smthin i cant spell it its a hrd word to spell!!

Bardock42
Originally posted by snehin
i know but i watched stuff like tht when i was 10!not berserk!!stuff like drenity r smthin i cant spell it its a hrd word to spell!!

You watched stuff like "Berserk the Anime" or "Berserk the Manga" ?

snehin
You watched stuff like "Berserk the Anime" or "Berserk the Manga" ? u cant watch manga!

Bardock42
ARGHHHHH...aren't we all Manga/Anime friends here stick out tongue ....well anyways you are of course right...I am sorry ...my english is not perfect.....

So let me rephrase:
Did you watch stuff like "Berserk the Anime" or read stuff like "Berserk the Manga" ......

actually I reconsidered...you can actually watch stuff like "Berserk the Manga" since my statement was aboot the content not the form....anyways...I am still curious

Flame Alchemist
^^^^^^^ agree

sai12
ARGHHHHH...aren't we all Manga/Anime friends here stick out tongue ....well anyways you are of course right...I am sorry ...my english is not perfect.....

So let me rephrase:
Did you watch stuff like "Berserk the Anime" or read stuff like "Berserk the Manga" ......

actually I reconsidered...you can actually watch stuff like "Berserk the Manga" since my statement was aboot the content not the form....anyways...I am still curious

I only saw the anime of Beserk. Maybe that was toned down a bit so it could be watched by a broader range of people. IF it was too graphic (Like your crushed people every page) it woudln't be suitable for most auidences.

So are you suggesting that we dont' read the manga of Beserk? :P

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by sai12
I only saw the anime of Beserk. Maybe that was toned down a bit so it could be watched by a broader range of people. IF it was too graphic (Like your crushed people every page) it woudln't be suitable for most auidences.

*cough*the manga seems to be quite gory.

heres a nice reference to it...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/193336

Bardock42
Originally posted by sai12

No no...I suggest you read it....that is if you are not ten year old

It has some humourous scenes too...all in all probably my favorite manga but well kind of very very gory....and a lot of sexual content.

snehin

So let me rephrase:

actually I reconsidered...you can actually watch stuff like "Berserk the Manga" since my statement was aboot the content not the form....anyways...I am still curious i have read a bit of the manga and watched a bit of the anime!
No no...I suggest you read it....that is if you are not ten year old

It has some humourous scenes too...all in all probably my favorite manga but well kind of very very gory....and a lot of sexual content. oh in tht case i agree argh i thought the anime cant be watched by 10yr olds now stuff finally makes sense!

slinger
I'm not saying my brother's never seen anything graphic(his first anime, as well as mine, was Guyver) but I was just looking for something that would appeal specifically to a kid his age. And is there any other gunplay stuff out there? Oh yeah, and thanks for all your recommendations so far.

Flame Alchemist
I've read the manga of Berserk and I don't like it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
I've read the manga of Berserk and I don't like it.
Why .......

FullMetalLover1
Trigun has gunplay in it. They give it on Adult Swim on Saturdays at 1:30. Fullmetal Alchemist has alot of action and comedy in it, its also sad sometimes. They give that show Mon-Wed on AS at 1:00. Ghost in the shell comes after FMA that show is more Sci- Fi and has action in it.
Something for 10 year olds is Duel Masters which is funny, Rave Master has action, and Zatch Bell has Both. Those are shown on Toonami on Cartoon Network on saturday. There are also 2 New shows on AS called Paranoia Agent and s-CRY-ed. Those are given on Saturday too. My 2 Most Favorite are Inuyasha and Samurai Champloo which are funny and action packed. Also given on saturday.

K Von Doom
Streetfighter... Vampire Hunter D... nuff said

Vote for Ryu's team in this tourney

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t369007.html

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.