Favorite Scream Queen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Who is your favorite horror movie Scream Queen?

Cinemaddiction
Marilyn Burns takes the cake, though. The truckbed scene in TCM was magic.

Honorable mention to Ashley Laurence. How she's an "other", much less not even mentioned is beyond me. She's probably one of the better Horror actresses of her time, along with Heather and Jamie Lee.

HockeyFace
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Honorable mention to Ashley Laurence. How she's an "other", much less not even mentioned is beyond me.

I had heard the name before but never really made the connection... thanks for clueing me in. And please keep in mind that this kind of poll is a tad difficult to do because there are A LOT of Scream Queens out there to choose from. Remember I could have put P.J. Soles, Dee Wallace Stone, Felissa Rose, Tiffany Shepis, Mary Woronov, Sybil Danning, Asia Argento, etc. in there but I only could pick a maximum of ten in there.

Cinemaddiction
Half the people in the list aren't really leading ladies in Horror films, not well known or established ones, anyway? Where's Sissy Spacek if not for only "Carrie"? Jessica Biel for the "TCM" remake? She was outstanding.

I mean, Linnea Quigley, what, "ROTLD" and maybe "SN, DN"? By definition, Linda Blair doesn't belong, because scream queens are usually the damsels in distress. She was..PO-sess-ed. Adrienne Barbeau? For what movie, "Swamp Thing", lol..? Hopefully not "The Fog", especially with Jamie Lee Curtis in it as well.

I dunno..some of the selections are really obscure..and taint the title, especially when there are more deserving actresses that actually let out a yell in a film.

papabeard
Marylin Burns or Shelley Duvall

HockeyFace
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I mean, Linnea Quigley, what, "ROTLD" and maybe "SN, DN"? By definition, Linda Blair doesn't belong, because scream queens are usually the damsels in distress. She was..PO-sess-ed. Adrienne Barbeau? For what movie, "Swamp Thing", lol..? Hopefully not "The Fog", especially with Jamie Lee Curtis in it as well.

I dunno..some of the selections are really obscure..and taint the title, especially when there are more deserving actresses that actually let out a yell in a film.

The most obscure two people in that list are probably Linnea Quigely and Brinke Stevens, but they are considered Scream Queens by the people that watch really underground horror movies. The thing is Linnea has been in a lot of horror films other than Return of the Living Dead. Among her credits are Fred Olen Ray's Hollywood Chainsaw Massacre, Creepozoids, Night of the Demons, Silent Night Deadly Night, Nightmare Sisters, Witchtrap, Pumpkinhead II, Fatal Frames, etc. And Brinke has been in a lot too including Teenage Exorcist, Slumber Party Massacre, Haunting Fear, Spirits, Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl-O-Rama, etc.

As for Linda Blair she was in more horror movies than the Exorcist. And Barbeau was in more than a few horror films as well. Ever see Creepshow, The Convent, or Two Evil Eyes?

Wolfie
Heather Langenkamp is a very good actress but I don't think of her as much of a scream queen.

I'll have to vote for Marilyn Burns, especially for her scene tied to the chair in TCM.

basementred
i pick jamie lee curtis even though heather langenkamp takes 2

slayer
They are all great but jAmie gets my vote smile

PRO-PAIN
I would have to say Asia Argento,Linnea Quigley, and Jamie Lee...

And yeah Linda Blair could be a scream queen, she was quite the damsel in distress in Hell Night...

Impediment
No question about it, Marilyn Burns as Sally Hardesty in Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974). I heard numerous rumors that she actually lost her voice on set a few times because she screamed so hard and loudly. An honorable mention is Vera Miles who played Lila Crane in Psycho (1960). The scene where she is in the fruit cellar and discovers the decomposed, but preserved body of Mother Bates and she lets out an unearthly scream,............now THAT is a scream. And I can't forget the lovely Jamie Lee. A real hottie with a great set of lungs.

evildeaddesigns
HAS TO BE JAMIE I GUESS...

Impediment
Another honorable mention has to go to Shelley Duvall from The Shining.

thomasgeorge
i like jamie lee curtis

jayy
Originally posted by thomasgeorge
i like jamie lee curtis

Yup. wink

BackFire
Marilyn Burns followed by Linnea Quigley

jayy
Originally posted by BackFire
Marilyn Burns followed by Linnea Quigley

Linnea Quigley. That's the chick from Night Of The Demons, right?

cool

LizzyT123
I was thinking Sissy Spasec....or however you spell it

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I was thinking Sissy Spasec....or however you spell it

Yeah, from Carrie. cool

LizzyT123
Yup

jayy
sleep sleep Good night sleep sleep

LizzyT123
Good Morning!

thomasgeorge
good afternoon

LizzyT123
Good afternoon? what time is it over there thomas george? I'm eating breakfast!

thomasgeorge
well its 6

LizzyT123
dang, its like, three hours opposite!

jayy
Jamie Lee fo sho!!

cool

LizzyT123
I voted for other. There are many ladies that have great screams in the movies, that aren't exactly famous like Jamie Lee.

the.shape
Out of the ones on the list I'd have to say Janet Leigh and Jamie Lee but I couldn't vote for both so I voted for Janet. Can't forget her role in "Psycho".

thomasgeorge
crap

LizzyT123
crap?

Doc Ock
Jamie Lee Curtis all the way.

"Heeeeeeeeelllllp.Somebody help me please!!!!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.