Luminara vs. Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
So which of these female jedi will be the victor?

Setting is the Valley of the jedi...

Darth L. Dipsit
Since Shaak Ti, according to Wikipedia (see the site below), was a Jedi Master at one point, and Luiminara apparently never made it past Knight as far as we know, I think Shaak Ti would do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_Council

Darth Mantis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinlan_Vos It says that Luminara recieved the rank of Master ten years prior to the Clone wars...

Serra_Keto
:Luminara Wins, please don't argue with me and female Star Wars characters happy

Darth L. Dipsit
Why Luiminara? I don't wish to be confrontational and start a fight I couldn't finish, but could you please elaborate?

Also, Mantis, you are totally correct - Luminara was a Master. However, she is still not on the list above because she was temporary. Shaak Ti was appointed after Yaddle left following TPM and lasted through ROTS. Although I didn't see her on the Council, she was apparently there. So, since she was a lifetime appointment and Luminara was not, it seems the point is still as valid as it ever was. However, Trebor Coleman was also a Master and Jango Fett killed him (which, I think, is worse than getting killed by clone troopers, under the circumstances), so maybe the point is less valid from different points of view.

sasee tiin
I think it would be hard to decide a winner here, mostly because no one here (at least i think so...) now very much about what they really have done, Who have they beaten etc.
So, i would say 50/50

Crazymaniac
we're starting threads of jedi whom we dont even know their level of combat

Darth Plagues
In the animated series "Clone Wars" we got to see both in combat, so we do know about their combat skills. But since its in the Valley of the Jedi, it would depend on who recieves the Valley's power first.

SnakeEyes
I say Shaak Ti, just because I have seen her kick ass in the comics...

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i say luminara, and she was a master, u cant be on the council if ur not a master(besides anakin)

sasee tiin
do you have any reasons? just interrested, no offense smile

Bobafetty
Id have to say Shaak Ti wins because I dont know much about the other

Ogami Itto
Luminara would triumph even tho shaaq is on the council! i think luminara has a weird flexible lightsaber style too!!

Darth_DaNThEMaN
luminara is also on the council ladies and gents.

i dont know much about them, i just think luminara would win, from what i know.

Darth L. Dipsit
Luminara's a temporary addition to the Council, though. Shaak Ti is appointed for life. That is the point, Dan, sir. Although slightly invalid, that is the argument - not that Luminara was never on the Council (see my last posts on this thread).

Thanks for your time, sir. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Darth_Janus
Figures all of you are well-read on Luminara... or is that me just being sarcastic?

Luminara is a master before the Clone Wars, and a formidable Soresu master who was considered a peer of Obi-Wan's. She was also a very calm, reserved individual with an inner spark of wisdom and courage, and served in diplomatic missions in many places, including Ansion.

Shaak Ti may have been on the council longer, but that isn't exactly grounds for being a better fighter; keep in mind that many council members spent very little time on the front during the wars and beforehand, barely ever left the temple itself. For example, Mace and Yoda had perhaps two or three missions during the three years of the Clone Wars.

sasee tiin
I think this will be a pretty equal fight, but after your post Janus, i too think i will "give my vote" to Luminara.

Darth_Janus
I swing anotha. Score.

Luminara is perhaps my favorite female Jedi in the series, followed by Barriss.

goblinese
I am going with luminara. I do not know too much about them, but I think I know enough that I know Luminara would win.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Janus rules.

masterkit
Shaak Ti

Darth_Janus
Another compelling arguer. Here, let me try.

LUMINARA UNDULI.

Does I win cuz I uses the caps?

Master Mawi
I'd say its a tie.

Since Luminara is a Form III practitioner (Soresu), and Shaak Ti is described as a calm and non-violent being, only drawing her lightsaber out when necessary (mentioned in the comic : Shaak Ti), they would mostly tie. But it is also said that Luminara was able to match the skills of Count Dooku.

Darth_Janus
Where is this said now?

Darth Windu
Which is the reason I no longer trust Wiki. Do you honestly believe that?

Darth_Janus
Luminara is one of the Wikipedia profiles I found HEAVILY edited. It said some whack shit, really.

Master Shaak Ti
I'm thinking Shaak Ti

tommy vercetti
luminari unduli was a great jedi master and rivaled the skills of obi won kenobi. Shaak ti was good but just not good enough

Darth_Janus
Luminara Unduli is a form III master. She wins.

Darth Faunus
Wow, Janus, an Ewok statement. Although backed up earlier.

Darth_Janus
Well, it's a little obvious. Someone with amazing grace and agility who utilizes a defensive style versus Shaak Ti.

Darth Faunus
Well it's not like Shaak Ti sucks. . . she's no Coleman Trebor.

Darth_Janus
No, she's pretty capable. but Luminara in a one-on-one would probably have the advantage. Smaller target, very nimble and graceful, excellent command of the Force, and a defensive style.

Master Mawi
well, in the novelization of episode III Shaak Ti and Anakin were described as combat stylists. So judging from that, they could be both Form V users. So Shaak Ti vs. Luminara would be an even match.

Ianus
You forget that Obi, a Form III user, kept up with and beat Anakin, a form V user of better talent then Shaak Ti.

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
i say luminara, and she was a master, u cant be on the council if ur not a master(besides anakin)

Nonsense. There have been many Knights on the council. Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Knight, Anakin of course, and I think one of the Jedi from KOTOR on Dantooine was a Knight, I dunno why, I just always thought that. And obviously in the some 4000 years in between, there surely had to have been a Knight here and there.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Since Shaak Ti, according to Wikipedia (see the site below), was a Jedi Master at one point, and Luiminara apparently never made it past Knight as far as we know, I think Shaak Ti would do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_Council

erm

tough call, but i would say shaak ti

darthsith19
Luminara for sure. Shaak Ti lost to Grievous. Luminara is a soresu master and could probably beat Grievous.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd go with shaak ti because mace windu in LOE was pretty excited to have her on his team when they went to "the works" and he spoke quite highly of her.

Master Mawi
Originally posted by Ianus
You forget that Obi, a Form III user, kept up with and beat Anakin, a form V user of better talent then Shaak Ti.

Did you really think Obi-Wan used Form III against Anakin on Mustafar? Anakin and Obi-Wan fought beside each other in many battles during the Clone Wars. Anakin could probably see Obi-Wan's weak spots.

I heard that Obi-Wan used Form IV on Mustafar. But personally, I think Obi-Wan combined Form III and Form IV because maybe Anakin rarely or never saw him use it before since Qui-Gon's death.

Kinda like combining Form II and III to create Form V, and Form IV and V to create Form VII.

Ianus
Form III is a fighting philosophy, not a bunch of moves. And Obi-Wan WAS true to Soresu with his defensive fighting against Anakin, period.

adi gallia
so now 7 years late i reply in saying shaak ti wins the fight. ti went up against grievous and starkiller. she was regarded as one of the best female fighters- using ataru and makashi techniques aided by her ability to fight multiple opponents, ducking and darting with ease . ataru was used by sidious, makashi by dooku. ti was on the council obviously chosen for her power and accomplishments.

unduli uses soresu which is defensive more than offensive. while unduli is a superb acrobat, her loose flexible joints are a weakness to be exploited by harsh strikes. she was use to fighting alongside her padawan, not alone. luminara was elevated to master around the battle of naboo, shaak ti sat on council less than half a decade later. shaak ti trained 3 padawans while unduli only trained 1. luminara lacks experience with duals. she only ever fought ventress and failed.
shaak ti is on equal par with mara jade and depa billaba, better than adi gallia, bultar swan and aayla secura by a small margin.

Q99
Yea, we have more information now.

To be fair, Luminara was hampered by a vision injury in her duel with Ventress. But on the flip side, Shaak Ti has gotten some really nice feats under her belt.

NewGuy01
Shaak Ti, and I don't doubt it a bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.