Darth Vader in ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikkosison_360
I don't get the point when darth vader was about to get his hand cut off. It didn't make sense to me why he had to hold that railing. Im sure it wasn't for balance, because the bridge was stable enough. Was it because of luke's anger when he was forcing vader down to the ground. If i was vader and i was being forced to the ground by luke, i would've just used the force push. But, like i said, why did he hold the railing?

HELP! laughing http://www.starwars.ntrnet.pl/smallluke%20and%20darth.jpg

Its the only image i could find of the two

mikkosison_360

mikkosison_360
,?';

mikkosison_360
i juss love playin around wit stuff

Boris
To support himself up so he could try in vain to block the hit's from Luke's saber maybe?

PVS
um....he stumbled and fell.....how is that impossible?

matreid
He held it cause he wanted to.

Thornbane
There was clearly a moment of bad acting when Vader goes from a defensive stance to his "hanging on the railing ready for his hand to get cut off" stance.

It was just bad choreography. We'll live.

koopa75
Originally posted by PVS
um....he stumbled and fell.....how is that impossible?

Here, here! People are reading way too much into these little things. The idea that Vader might actually get exhasted, or unable to concentrate the force when getting a beat-down; those are all reasonable explainations for a reasonable thing to happen durring battle.

Jezz - the guy is missing 4-limbs - give him a break!

Red Superfly
Luke used HAX!

Darth Travizzle
Hey, cut Vader some slack dude, he's an old geezer and he can see the light, and it's power knocks him to the ground.

Cybervader
I think it was for balance. But he looked so weak at that point, i'm sure luke could have finished him off and not aiming his saber at vader's saber so that he would not hurt him. :}

mikkosison_360
Originally posted by koopa75
Here, here! People are reading way too much into these little things. The idea that Vader might actually get exhasted, or unable to concentrate the force when getting a beat-down; those are all reasonable explainations for a reasonable thing to happen durring battle.

Jezz - the guy is missing 4-limbs - give him a break!

Isn't he missing three?? two feet and one hand

mikkosison_360
if you watched it closely i saw vader purposely get down onto the rail not because luke pushed him down

amity75
His 25 year old mechanical legs gave out just at the worst possible moment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.