If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Who Would it Be. And by "get rid of" I don't necessarily mean kill or die. I mean the character will disappear from the pages of comics. (ex. Thunderbird III) He or she will not even be mentioned.

My picks?

Wolverine: Can anyone say overexposure? Good Lord. A year without him would be a blessing.

Superman: Same as Wolverine.

Batman: I like Bats.....but sticking his ****ing head in every event is getting rather tepid

Jubilee: Need I say why?

Gambit: Annoying as hell. I despise him.

Spider-Man: Nearly as overexposed as Wolverine. A half a dozen titles aren't good enough for him. He needs to be involved in every Marvel event.

Anyone else?

Scoobless
all the telepaths..... and magic users...... let's get down to some good physical battles now

jinzin
i would like to see darkseid literally just dissapear from the face of apocalips.....there would be this whole unsettled feeling like: whatever took care of darksied for good is out there..what was it? or did darksied leave on his own? is he planning something REALLLLLY big? it would be nice for some suspense...

i would also like to see spiderman gone for a year...not because I dislike him...I just think it would make a great point for why he needs to be around...like have the entirety of manhatten fall into this dark gang war, or supervillains overrun the city eventually....... it would be a great story to project what it is that makes spiderman the heart of marvel....and what marvel is without him...then I'd have him come back and deliver some serious ass handings....

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
i would also like to see spiderman gone for a year...not because I dislike him...I just think it would make a great point for why he needs to be around...like have the entirety of manhatten fall into this dark gang war, or supervillains overrun the city eventually....... it would be a great story to project what it is that makes spiderman the heart of marvel....and what marvel is without him...then I'd have him come back and deliver some serious ass handings....

could make a good story either way.... have some random guy or event timeslip him a year (or ten) into the future to see what would happen without him dealing with the nutjobs, psychos and regular street scum that the Avengers, X-Men and FF never bother with

it would probably end up with him being sent back to the time he left... or maybe a month or so after... when things are just starting to get bad which would give him some material for about a years worth of issues

stormfront13
i would like cyclops, wolverine, iceman, or spidey to leave

FieryBalrog
Emma Frost

long pig
Scoob hit it on the money....no telepathy or magic spells.

And no friggin lightspeeding(cept flash)!!

stormfront13
why emma?

DigiMark007
Magic and the speed force annoy me too. No rational sense...yet they're there. Flash should be more like Quicksilver...that would make more sense. I can deal with telepathy though.

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Pheonix...and all the bloody avatars.
4. Wonder Woman
5. Quick Freeze

...just trying to annoy as many people as possible... cool

-DM

stormfront13
well you definitley got my attention, why storm? she is one opf the more important x-men

DigiMark007
No real reason...like I said, mainly just trying to raise a few eyebrows (especially with WW and QF, who I have no problem with).

Honestly, I don't mind Storm but I've always had a bit of trouble with her power. Every other 'mutant' ability seems to be within the person (Cykes eye beams, Xavier's telepathy, etc.) and so I can justify it in my mind and suspend my disbelief. But Storm? Storm controls the weather and can summon winds, water, lightning, etc. It doesn't seem like an internalized mutant ability...it seems like witchcraft to me. I can justify nearly any other mutant, but it doesn't seem like rearranging some chromosomes in the body would produce someone who can summon a tidal wave. Given the number of comics I read and the fantastic abilities a lot of them have, this is a minor quibble...but a quibble nonetheless.

Sorry to knock your girl...like I said, I like the character of Storm, just not the ability so much.

-DM

stormfront13
well her ability was intented to seem like witch craft because storm comes from a long line of very powerful african preistessess. she is the only women in her family to not use magic

whirlysplat
Spawn as he provides Mcfarlane the wages of sinbig grin

armandovalles
i say Spiderman should die. I hate him.

Sentry
Thing

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No real reason...like I said, mainly just trying to raise a few eyebrows (especially with WW and QF, who I have no problem with).

Honestly, I don't mind Storm but I've always had a bit of trouble with her power. Every other 'mutant' ability seems to be within the person (Cykes eye beams, Xavier's telepathy, etc.) and so I can justify it in my mind and suspend my disbelief. But Storm? Storm controls the weather and can summon winds, water, lightning, etc. It doesn't seem like an internalized mutant ability...it seems like witchcraft to me. I can justify nearly any other mutant, but it doesn't seem like rearranging some chromosomes in the body would produce someone who can summon a tidal wave. Given the number of comics I read and the fantastic abilities a lot of them have, this is a minor quibble...but a quibble nonetheless.

Sorry to knock your girl...like I said, I like the character of Storm, just not the ability so much.

-DM

Well, plenty of people have powers like Storm. Magma controls magma and tectonic activity, Wind Dancer is like Storm minus the water-based and lightning effects, Rictor, Avalanche, etc.

Personally I think the most unexplainable are people like Abyss, whose body is a pocket dimension, or Xorn, with the star for the brain.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by stormfront13
why emma?

shes in too many books and is starting to annoy me. big grin

long pig
#1phoenix
#2storm
#3thing
#4spider-man
#5wonder woman
#6superman
#7wolverine

They all suck, and I wish they'd die.... evil face

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by long pig
#1phoenix
#2storm
#3thing
#4spider-man
#5wonder woman
#6superman
#7wolverine

They all suck, and I wish they'd die.... evil face

laughing at least youre an equal opportunity hater.

MERCILOUS
Wolvie's an obvious choice, Pheonix is another good one, but I'd like to see Blade and Hellboy gone.

DarkCrawler
J-U-B-I-L-E-E

Wolverine too. And Phoenix.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Well, plenty of people have powers like Storm. Magma controls magma and tectonic activity, Wind Dancer is like Storm minus the water-based and lightning effects, Rictor, Avalanche, etc.

Personally I think the most unexplainable are people like Abyss, whose body is a pocket dimension, or Xorn, with the star for the brain.

True. But Storm's a bit more high-profile than those guys. In any case, she wouldn't be my first choice for getting rid of someone, but she's definitely top 10 or so. Pheonix probably tops my list...even ahead of Wolvie.

-DM

stormfront13
well s i said digi, storms powers are supposed to seem l;ike witchcraft because she is a decendant of a long line of african royalty and african priestess, powerful ones.

long pig
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
laughing at least youre an equal opportunity hater.
I added everyones favorite, just to be sure.

Seriously though, Storm is great, hope she never leaves. Plus, she's puuurdy.

Only character I have a REAL problem with is Gambit......ugh...CHARM POWERS?!??

Also, I could do without Thing, seriously, what does he have that 99% of the other "big guys" don't? Heart? My ass!
He's out of date and needs to retire, or get a downgrade in strength and an upgrade in intelligence.

long pig
well s i said digi, storms powers are supposed to seem l;ike witchcraft because she is a decendant of a long line of african royalty and african priestess, powerful ones.

Then why not call it witchcraft?
Seriously, how much more appealing would she be her powers where to do with magic, or some deal her ancestors had with Gaea or mother earth?

They can do more with Storm than what they're doing now.
Make her supernatural, make her more mystic than mutant, then I'd respect her more.

stormfront13
well yeah, but then she'd be classified as a magic user. but i do like that idea about her ancestors making a deal with gaea. i read somehwere that they were going to give her magical powers soon

Draco69
Forgot Phoenix too. I hear about the ****ing Phoenix one more time.

And Bishop. He's too cocky.

And Claramont Storm. What's the difference between Storm and Claramont Storm. Claramont Storm is too ridiculously overblown. Others have written her far more realistically.

stormfront13
she's not really overblown, just more at her potential than others. as said in uncanny x-men # 17(second series) storm is one of the most powerful mutants ever to walk the earth

DarkCrawler
Bishop too. And Gambit. And Rogue.

Draco69
she's not really overblown, just more at her potential than others. as said in uncanny x-men # 17(second series) storm is one of the most powerful mutants ever to walk the earth

I didn't mean in power. I meant in the story itself. Claramont seems to put her first in the story no matter what. In the eighties the "I used to be worshipped as a goddess you know!" line was cool. A thousand times later and it's f***ing annoying. She would be a far more interesting character under a better writer. Like Whedon. *drools at that thought*

brainchild81
1)Superman & 2)Jubilee

stormfront13
yeah, but i like the fact that he uses her a lot. but yeah they need to think of more lines for her

Draco69
Exactly. It's all the same under her. Nothing new. Claramont is reuse the same lines over and over again.

"Now I see why Storm was worshipped as a goddess!"

God knows how many times Claramont used that line....

Whedon or Morrison would make her MUUUUUUCH more interesting. And they would use her powers better.

Claramont uses the mundane or the insane ways of using her powers.

MERCILOUS
'cause Claremont's a hack getting by on his past deeds. All washed up.

stormfront13
yeah i need to see more ways for her powers to be used because the possibilities are endless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.