Savage Hulk versus Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/GoldenHeroes/Images/Characters/Orion.jpg

VS
http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/GoldenHeroes/Images/Characters/Hulk.jpg

Hulk Power
Wait. Are you underestimating the Hulk just because Orion has device?

Cosmic Cube
Good match-up.

Orion's main weapon is The Astroharness. I don't think it will pose too much of a problem for Hulk, considering that he has pretty much ignored Nebulon's blasts in the past.

Orion can definitely be beaten by brawlers. The General proved this.

Orion's strength is great, but strength is no object for the Hulk.

Hulk can jump way faster than Mach 6, and he doesn't have a big problem catching flying opponents, or speedsters either.

I think that Hulk takes it.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Wait. Are you underestimating the Hulk just because Orion has device?

He didn't even say anything.

Hulk Power
I know. Why didn't he answer back. I agree with you. You made some good points there. I think Hulk takes this. Even if that long pig guy seems to underestimate him.

long pig
confused.....alright.

I think Orion could take him. But it could go either way.

Hulk Power
Thats more like it. big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
confused.....alright.

I think Orion could take him. But it could go either way.

It's possible, but unlikely. I doubt the Astroharness would hurt Hulk.

I'll give you an example.

Cosmic Cube
Merged Hulk was reduced to a skeleton by Vector's matter repulsion ray, which is capable of repelling a planet sized object, easily. Hulk still knocked Vector unconscious, while he was a skeleton. Here's a scan.

Cosmic Cube
Here's the same attack being used against an angry, Savage Hulk. Note that he is completely unaffected by the matter repulsor. His durability is on a whole different level. Vector's beam isn't doing anything. His skin is virtually impregnable, and when it is pierced, it heals almost instantly.

Cosmic Cube
Any opinions?

Hulk Power
That is bad ass. rock

Sentry
Wow, that's cool, Hulk's skeleton moving forward through that blast. This will be a good fight. Savage Hulk 6/10.

Cosmic Cube
That is why I don't think Hulk would be hurt by the Astroharness. It didn't even stagger the Shaggy Man. Hulk is easily as durable as The Shaggy Man, if not more durable.

Hulk Power
True.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
Wow, that's cool, Hulk's skeleton moving forward through that blast. This will be a good fight. Savage Hulk 6/10.

Did you look at the second one? THAT's Savage Hulk. The beam didn't effect Savage Hulk at all. That was the purpose of my post. sad

Hulk Power
We kind of trailed off from the subject didn't we? Oh well, as long as you prove a point.

Cosmic Cube
Here's Nebulon, firing a full force beam that he expects to kill Hulk. Nebulon is easily more powerful than Orion.

Hulk Power
Thats crazy. I never knew that Savage Hulk had that kind of resistance.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Thats crazy. I never knew that Savage Hulk had that kind of resistance.

Well now ya know. big grin

A lot of people don't know how durable the Hulk is. But, that's my job. Informing the uninformed.

I seriously doubt the Astroharness would even faze Savage Hulk.

Sentry
Okay 10/10 for Savage Hulk.

Hulk Power
Thats more like it. big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
Okay 10/10 for Savage Hulk.

big grin

Crazymaniac
draw

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Crazymaniac
draw

Why do you say that? You don't think Hulk could hurt Orion? Explain.

long pig
I don't think Hulk can win either.

Strength wise, Orion is leagues above Hulk's calm strength....and i got proof that it takes him a while to boost up.

Skill wise, Orion has all the skill.
Speed, Orion.
Intelligence, Orion
Experience, Orion
Versitality, Orion

Hulk would be K.O'd before he gets that 30 minutes to become as strong as Orion.

Cosmic Cube
I don't think Hulk can win either.

Strength wise, Orion is leagues above Hulk's calm strength....and i got proof that it takes him a while to boost up.

Skill wise, Orion has all the skill.
Speed, Orion.
Intelligence, Orion
Experience, Orion
Versitality, Orion

Hulk would be K.O'd before he gets that 30 minutes to become as strong as Orion.

Leagues above Hulk in strength? no Orion's about as strong as Thor is.

Orion's speed in an atmosphere is Mach 6. Hulk is easily faster than that, since he can jump into outer space in a matter of seconds.

Savage Hulk doesn't really have a 'calm strength' like the others do. When he's calm, he has enough strength to move a tectonic plate that easily weighing over 10 trillion tons. He isn't ever at 100 tons, and it takes nothing for him to increase his strength. He could become leagues stronger than Orion, simply to prove that he was the strongest. Judging my scans, do you really think Orion would be able to knock Hulk out easily? Do I really need to bring up Savage Hulk's feats of strength? Orion would be nothing in comparison.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Good match-up.

Orion's main weapon is The Astroharness. I don't think it will pose too much of a problem for Hulk, considering that he has pretty much ignored Nebulon's blasts in the past.

Orion can definitely be beaten by brawlers. The General proved this.

Orion's strength is great, but strength is no object for the Hulk.

Hulk can jump way faster than Mach 6, and he doesn't have a big problem catching flying opponents, or speedsters either.

I think that Hulk takes it.
1st.
The General was above Supes, so he was probably even above Orion, who didn't fight like an idiot in slugfest but tried to restrain him with Astro Force, the problem is that the General's body is hella durable.
Orion wasn't defeated anyway, defeat means you're on the ground K.O. or you escape.Orion unleashed his dog against the General cause it would take time to beat him in a brawl and Mageddon's offensive was coming soon, so he was needed elsewhere.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K3VIL
1st.
The General was above Supes, so he was probably even above Orion, who didn't fight like an idiot in slugfest but tried to restrain him with Astro Force, the problem is that the General's body is hella durable.
Orion wasn't defeated anyway, defeat means you're on the ground K.O. or you escape.Orion unleashed his dog against the General cause it would take time to beat him in a brawl and Mageddon's offensive was coming soon, so he was needed elsewhere.

Hulk has displayed strength greater than Superman, or Orion. The General had nothing more than great strength, durability, and intelligence. Savage Hulk has the first two, except for strength at a greater degree than the General.

My point was, Savage Hulk's body is just as 'hella durable' as The General's is.

He resorted to unleashing his dog. I think that's a win for The General.

Superman handled Mageddon himself.

Cosmic Cube
The Astroharness wouldn't work. I addressed this on the first page. Orion isn't stronger than Savage Hulk, and if he was, it wouldn't last two seconds. Orion definitely isn't more durable than Savage Hulk. He can fly faster than Hulk can run, but Hulk fights opponents with speed greater than his all the time. His accuracy and reflexes are uncanny. Hulk can clear the Earth's atmosphere in seconds. He'd have no problem catching Orion in mid flight, and pounding the crap out of him. Hulk is going to win this one.

Hulk Power
HULK wins! No problem. Just look at the scans in the first page. Nothing even happens to Hulk when he gets attacked.

whobdamandog
Gotta go with Hulk...Orion is a top notch warrior..but fighting a person of Hulk's calibur, he'll probably go into some type of warrior frenzy and end up trading blows with the Hulk. This will inevitably be a mistake, and before Orion has figured this out..he will end up like so many others have before him(Thor, Thing, Hercules, Iron man, Wonder Man, etc..etc..etc..)

long pig
Orion is stronger than Thor, so is Kalibak and Darkseid.

In Defenders #10, Hulk wasn't strong enough to overpower Thor is a pure physical strength, they were locked for 30 minutes.

Orion would be stronger for a good while, and out-manuever Hulk and out fight him.
I think he could take Hulk...

"Hulk smash!" Vs "I am the DOG OF WAR!"
Orion has a much cooler tagline.

Cosmic Cube
Orion is stronger than Thor, so is Kalibak and Darkseid.

In Defenders #10, Hulk wasn't strong enough to overpower Thor is a pure physical strength, they were locked for 30 minutes.

Orion would be stronger for a good while, and out-manuever Hulk and out fight him.
I think he could take Hulk...

"Hulk smash!" Vs "I am the DOG OF WAR!"
Orion has a much cooler tagline.

Any proof that Orion is stronger than Thor? Thor is regarded as one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe.

Defenders #10 is a minor inconsistency. Hulk has shown in his own comics that he can increase his strength to unimaginable levels in mere moments.

long pig
Orion is regarded as being the second strongest being in the DC universe.

Cosmic Cube
Orion is regarded as being the second strongest being in the DC universe.

Second to who?

What has he lifted?

long pig
I'm not sure to whom.

But, Orion is stated to be the most powerful humanoid on Earth, superior in strength to even Superman suposedly.

Plus he has a healing factor similar to Hulks, via the mother box.

I don't see Hulk having any advantages other than slightly superior strength.

Cosmic Cube
I'm not sure to whom.

But, Orion is stated to be the most powerful humanoid on Earth, superior in strength to even Superman suposedly.

Plus he has a healing factor similar to Hulks, via the mother box.

I don't see Hulk having any advantages other than slightly superior strength.

Hulk is superior to Superman in strength.

You didn't say the he had the mother box in this fight. He doesn't always carry it with him.

Silghtly superior strength? Hulk can become vastly superior to Orion. After he finds out that the Astroharness doesn't work, Orion will try to slug it out with Hulk. Orion will go down, every time.

long pig
Orion always has the motherbox. I've never seen him without it.

Hulk is superior in strength than Superman, but so is Orion.

Orion is a lot smarter and has thousands of years of experience fighting, that evens out the strength deal.

I see this like the fights with Hulk and Thor, but unlike Thor, Orion doesn't hold back on anyone.

When Orion goes into a rage, his strength boosts like Thors does when Thor goes into warrior madness.

I honestly could see Orion win 7/10.
Too many advantages.

Cosmic Cube
Orion always has the motherbox. I've never seen him without it.

Hulk is superior in strength than Superman, but so is Orion.

Orion is a lot smarter and has thousands of years of experience fighting, that evens out the strength deal.

I see this like the fights with Hulk and Thor, but unlike Thor, Orion doesn't hold back on anyone.

When Orion goes into a rage, his strength boosts like Thors does when Thor goes into warrior madness.

I honestly could see Orion win 7/10.
Too many advantages.

Thing is, Hulk can increase his strength infinitely. He can become a million times stronger than Orion.

Orion can go at Mach 6 in an atmosphere. Hulk can run at almost 500 mph, and jump at speeds in excess of Mach 10. His fighting speed is blinding. He has uncanny aim, and reflexes.

Hulk is way more durable than Orion. Check out the scans on the first page.

Thor NEVER holds back when fighting Hulk. He has never used Mjolnir's full power on Hulk, but he strains himself immensely when fighting the Hulk. You cannot compare the Astroharness to Mjolnir.

Orion's rage is nothing compared to the Hulk's, and it is nothing like Warrior Madness. If Hulk gets mad, Orion's strength will count for nothing.

I don't see Savage Hulk losing to Orion. He's too strong, too durable, and too quick.

DigiMark007
Interesting stuff. Nice job convincing me CC. I've spent my time on this forum thinking Hulk got too much credit...now I'm realizing it may be me who isn't giving him the credit he deserves. I may not like the whole 'infinite strength' thing, or the Hulk for that matter, but I'll at least give him the respect he should have.

-DM

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Interesting stuff. Nice job convincing me CC. I've spent my time on this forum thinking Hulk got too much credit...now I'm realizing it may be me who isn't giving him the credit he deserves. I may not like the whole 'infinite strength' thing, or the Hulk for that matter, but I'll at least give him the respect he should have.

-DM

big grin Thanks.

long pig
I'm learning to respect Hulk.

Cosmic Cube
I'm learning to respect Hulk.

cry I'm touched.

whobdamandog
Respect...cool

I see Orion winning this is if he doesn't try to engage in hand to hand with Ol Greenskin. He's going to have to go into this battle with a plan/strategy, using Savage's limited intelligence against him. Savage is a freaking animal...and he's taken down the entire freaking MU on more than one occassion. This includes Thor, Hercules, Iron Man, FF, Avengers, Dr. Strange..and a sh*t load of other people. Orion would have a hard enough time with any one of these people/groups. Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying that this would be an easy battle for Savage..but if this battle gets down to hand to hand..(and with these two you know it will) Orion will find out why Hulk is "The Strongest one there is!!"

Fin

Tough Guy
people use thor v hulk s standstill stoo often as examples when its obvious writers never have hulk displaying levels of strength his charcacter is capable of as that would totally be little thor. hulk really i believe as a character needs other ways to beat him than brawls, juggiesaboms thors as characters need to use strengt in some form to beat hulk, something hulk is limitless in if they brawl him

Draco69
Orion. Mother Box determines weakness of Hulk. Then executes a counterrepsonse.

WOLVERINEFAN
orion is not that powerful and silver surfer beat him in a crossover. hulk can do it too

Draco69
Oooookay. So? Silver Surfer can beat Hulk. And damn near anybody. That proves nothing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
orion is not that powerful and silver surfer beat him in a crossover. hulk can do it too Since when does loosing to Norrin Radd make you "not that powerul"?

You cant compare Hulk to Surfer.

Cosmic Cube
Is the Mother Box in this fight? If so, Orion wins. If this is just Orion with the Astroharness, Hulk would trash him.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Oooookay. So? Silver Surfer can beat Hulk. And damn near anybody. That proves nothing.

Maybe it will release sleeping gas! scared

Draco69
The Mother Box is almost always with Orion. He has a similar rage to the Hulk. The Mother Box keeps him in check.

However the Astroharness wouldn't do more damage to the Hulk than it does to Superman or Captain Marvel.

Hulk Power
Hulk wins. He's invulnerable. Just look at the scans on page two. Nothing happens to him.

long pig
He always the the MotherBox. He has it here.

I don't see it a big defeat if Orion decides to slug it out for a while either, he's faught stronger beings.
But, he's lose after a while like that. I think Orion could take it, if he played it smart.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Orion. Mother Box determines weakness of Hulk. Then executes a counterrepsonse.

Just one question, Draco. Hulk doesn't have a real "weakness," (aside from sleeping gas.) What would the Mother Box do to him? Why didn't Orion use it against the Shaggy Man/General?

DrDoom
Since when does the 'box determine an opponents weakness? I know it gives him info, but I don't think it determines every opponents weakness.
I'd like an example or two if it's true. Even if it is...Hulk doesn't really even HAVE a weakness (his only drawback is that he can't fly)

Also, Hulk wins 7/10. Orion is stronger than a calm Hulk, but like Cosmic said, Hulk can meet and exceed his strength level in no time flat. His Astro force won't really even do anything but annoy Hulk. Hulk will mock him (like Hulk always does) and it will piss Orion off. THAT is the key to this fight: Orion's temper.

The mother box HELPS him control his temper, but it can't stop him if he's really pissed. Orion would get angered at Hulk's boasts of being "the strongest there is" and engage him in hand-to-hand combat. BIG MISTAKE.

Orion can match blows with the Hulk for a while,but soon Hulk will just get stronger than he is and KO him.

leonidas
great fight long! orion is not stronger than superman, its been shown in a battle they had. his beams wouldn't be enough and he couldn't beat him in a brawl. the only way he could win would be if motherbox can discern a way to either calm hulk down, or siphon off his gamma radiation. otherwise hulk wins.

Tough Guy
what weakness is hulk going to give away?????????????????????????????/

Mainstream
Originally posted by Tough Guy
what weakness is hulk going to give away?????????????????????????????/

Hulk scared of the dark.

DrDoom
Shhhhhhh!

You're gonna get the Jade Giant killed man!

Draco69
Just one question, Draco. Hulk doesn't have a real "weakness," (aside from sleeping gas.) What would the Mother Box do to him? Why didn't Orion use it against the Shaggy Man/General?

The Mother Box is technology connected to the source itself. It can do pretty much anything provided it has the power. It some ways it outstrips the Green Lantern ring.

One way to defeat the Hulk is to absorb the gamma radiation, put him to sleep with sleeping gas or simply revert him back to human form using the same calming technology used on Orion.

Orion didn't HAVE the Mother Box. He gave it to Oracle.

Mainstream
Originally posted by DrDoom
Shhhhhhh!

You're gonna get the Jade Giant killed man!

my bad.

DrDoom
It's cool.

http://www.wwoec.com/artist/pbm/Picolo.jpg

long pig
I've heard and read many times that Orion is superior to Superman in the strength dept. And way superior in the skill dept.

He boasts as being the "strongest humanoid on Earth".
Plus, HE'S THE DOG OF FRIGGIN WAR! <-----that = awesome.

I can see it go either way, but I see Orion playing it smart and being able to take Hulk 8/10.
I think he could overpower him for at least a few blows. Orion is uber strong.

Exactly, perfect responce. If it can calm Orion, it can calm Hulk, especially enough for him to lose his strength and durability so the AH will harm him.
Orion rivals Hulk in the rage department.

manjaro
lets first take a few things into consideration

*Orion is a god, new genesis god of war to be exact, ergo he's immortal.
*needless to say his has godly speed,strentgh,stamina and endurance
*ive seen this guy douse himself in gasoline, set himself on fire and took a white martian head on without his skin burning. and smacked the living shit outta him
*The Astro Force is another fundamental force of nature. It is wielded by Orion through his Astro-harness. It has the power to shatter the binding force of atoms or shift worlds in their orbits.
* Also the Astro force is localized in his body, it is becuase he either cant or hasnt yet learned to master it why he even needs the harness. plus the harness acts to regulate it so he doesnt explode everything when he releases--including himself.

---direct quote from orion #24:

"The Astro-Force, the harness, my wristbands are one and the same. They are a part of the Source and cannot be destroyed. Not by mortals. Perhaps not even by gods! A power beyond the comprehension of the flesh. They are the wrath of the Source, Lightray! And I, who along stand poised between the ferocity of Apokalips, and the compassion of New Genesis, am its wielder. A light that burns in the heart of darkness! - Orion, to Lightray

that being said i seriously doubt one palm blast from Nebulon, or another from Vector could be deemed as comparable to the a-force blasting the shit outta the hulk. a few ppl have been kicking around stuff that he might be the strongest humanoid on Earth, or the 2nd strongest in DC, but i dont know about all that. especially when there are guys like
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Superman
Darksied
Bizzaro
Black Adam
Lobo
Mongul
and Amazo running around the DCU. but i believe he definatley is strong enuff to give the hulk a good run in the STR dept. Also it is important that you all remember that his rage is kept in check by Mother box, so since everynone wants the Box to be disqualified please believe that an enraged hulk would have a seriously difficult time with an equally enraged Orion.

Also if all else fails Orion can just play cheap and come to earth as a giant. as you all should know(or at least im hoping you all know) that on an absolute reference scale the new gods, and those of apokolips are about 300 feet tall. When they Boom Tube to another plane, the Mother Box reconfigures their body to an appropriate size. Similarily, when a terran Boom Tube's to New Genesis, they are reconfigured as well.

But if you use a *different* form of teleportation, that reconfiguration doesn't take place. So humans end up the size of ants. This was seen in a Supergirl arc(matrix), where she teleported magically to Apokolips, and was miniaturized until she was exposed to a Mother Box. so if orion teleports to earth by some other means which im sure new gen. has that kind of tech. he could crush all of earth's inhabitants easily. which begs the question why doesnt darksied just do that when he tries to invade Earth---again.

--small conversation between superman and Orion: the New Gods#10

"Of course. Your Earth, Superman, is nothing more than a *speck* in an *air pocket*."

"Orion--look at us. We're the same size. If Earth was a speck, I would be a microbe here. And you've been on Earth. You're not a giant there."

"The boom tube, Superman. It adjusts your size as you travel through it."

so who knows maybe under those circumstances he might be the strongest in the DCU, either way i think hulk is dust on this one.

long pig
I kept trying to say that Orion is a tough guy, and when I made the "Orion vs Thor" fight, I got laughed off the thread.....pshhhhhh.

Anyways, good job, manjaro. You said it better than I could.

I just went by tag lines and such about the strength, He's said it himself, and others have as well.
It's possible I'm wrong, it's happend once before. big grin

Tough Guy
and hulk is not harmed by sleeping gas, so what weakness will he give away?????????????????????????????

Mainstream
and hulk is not harmed by sleeping gas, so what weakness will he give away?????????????????????????????

Hulk is..is..is..scared of Clown...but that'll be our little sercet.

that's why you never see him at mcdonalds...

Tough Guy
hulk is no 1 in the strength league, any comic writer will tell u that

Mainstream
hulk is no 1 in the strength league, any comic writer will tell u that

you won't get any argument from me TG!!!

Draco69
Originally posted by manjaro
lets first take a few things into consideration

*Orion is a god, new genesis god of war to be exact, ergo he's immortal.
*needless to say his has godly speed,strentgh,stamina and endurance
*ive seen this guy douse himself in gasoline, set himself on fire and took a white martian head on without his skin burning. and smacked the living shit outta him
*The Astro Force is another fundamental force of nature. It is wielded by Orion through his Astro-harness. It has the power to shatter the binding force of atoms or shift worlds in their orbits.
* Also the Astro force is localized in his body, it is becuase he either cant or hasnt yet learned to master it why he even needs the harness. plus the harness acts to regulate it so he doesnt explode everything when he releases--including himself.

---direct quote from orion #24:

"The Astro-Force, the harness, my wristbands are one and the same. They are a part of the Source and cannot be destroyed. Not by mortals. Perhaps not even by gods! A power beyond the comprehension of the flesh. They are the wrath of the Source, Lightray! And I, who along stand poised between the ferocity of Apokalips, and the compassion of New Genesis, am its wielder. A light that burns in the heart of darkness! - Orion, to Lightray

that being said i seriously doubt one palm blast from Nebulon, or another from Vector could be deemed as comparable to the a-force blasting the shit outta the hulk. a few ppl have been kicking around stuff that he might be the strongest humanoid on Earth, or the 2nd strongest in DC, but i dont know about all that. especially when there are guys like
Doomsday
Captain Marvel
Superman
Darksied
Bizzaro
Black Adam
Lobo
Mongul
and Amazo running around the DCU. but i believe he definatley is strong enuff to give the hulk a good run in the STR dept. Also it is important that you all remember that his rage is kept in check by Mother box, so since everynone wants the Box to be disqualified please believe that an enraged hulk would have a seriously difficult time with an equally enraged Orion.

Also if all else fails Orion can just play cheap and come to earth as a giant. as you all should know(or at least im hoping you all know) that on an absolute reference scale the new gods, and those of apokolips are about 300 feet tall. When they Boom Tube to another plane, the Mother Box reconfigures their body to an appropriate size. Similarily, when a terran Boom Tube's to New Genesis, they are reconfigured as well.

But if you use a *different* form of teleportation, that reconfiguration doesn't take place. So humans end up the size of ants. This was seen in a Supergirl arc(matrix), where she teleported magically to Apokolips, and was miniaturized until she was exposed to a Mother Box. so if orion teleports to earth by some other means which im sure new gen. has that kind of tech. he could crush all of earth's inhabitants easily. which begs the question why doesnt darksied just do that when he tries to invade Earth---again.

--small conversation between superman and Orion: the New Gods#10

"Of course. Your Earth, Superman, is nothing more than a *speck* in an *air pocket*."

"Orion--look at us. We're the same size. If Earth was a speck, I would be a microbe here. And you've been on Earth. You're not a giant there."

"The boom tube, Superman. It adjusts your size as you travel through it."

so who knows maybe under those circumstances he might be the strongest in the DCU, either way i think hulk is dust on this one.

Wow! Thanks Manjaro. I never realized I was so ignorant about Orion and the New Gods. I need to study more.

long pig
No one has commented on Orions blazing speed feats, not a speeder like Flash, but his reactions and fight speed are near instantanious.

I have a comic where a blind Orion (his eyes are missing, they grow back later) catches bullets and throws them back into the barrel of the gun, through it, and into the shooter.

Cosmic Cube
No one has commented on Orions blazing speed feats, not a speeder like Flash, but his reactions and fight speed are near instantanious.

I have a comic where a blind Orion (his eyes are missing, they grow back later) catches bullets and throws them back into the barrel of the gun, through it, and into the shooter.

Hulk can be pretty damn fast himself. I have one comic in which Hulk catches about four missiles, all traveling faster than the speed of sound. Hulk dodges bullets, (Lord knows why,) pretty effortlessly.

long pig
Was he blind, and his back turned? big grin

long pig
When you said that the Astro Force wouldn't work on Hulk.

In the same story where Superman outruns the OmegaBeam, Orion worries over killing a bloodlusted Superman who believes he's Darkseids son with his Astro Force, Orion stuns him with surgically used Astro Force bubbles, take a punch to the head with no effect, and knock Supes back with a ferocious looking backhand.

Why wouldn't the same use of the astroforce work on Hulk, when it worked on Superman?

Cosmic Cube
When you said that the Astro Force wouldn't work on Hulk.

In the same story where Superman outruns the OmegaBeam, Orion worries over killing a bloodlusted Superman who believes he's Darkseids son with his Astro Force, Orion stuns him with surgically used Astro Force bubbles, take a punch to the head with no effect, and knock Supes back with a ferocious looking backhand.

Why wouldn't the same use of the astroforce work on Hulk, when it worked on Superman?

Different characters.

Superman's bioaura is the sole source of his invulnerability. It is permeable by different means. The Astroforce may be one of the few things that can bypass the aura. Hulk's skin stands up to any sort of punishment, with no selective weakness. He is similar in durability to the Shaggy Man, against whom the Astroforce had no avail.

joesha28
Orion dies in this fight.

long pig
Are you kidding? He stalemated a blood lust Superman.
If anyone dies, it's the Hulk. Orions fighting skill is so far above Hulk's and his strength is way above Hulk's at the beginning. 8/10 Orion.

Their durability and healing are nearly the same too.

long pig
mad no one respects Orion on this forum mad

joesha28
Orion was no match for Darkseid. Hulk would own darkseid at least. Hulk's durability will hold him till he goes stronger and stronger. Hulk is a person that someone like Thor be able to handle.

long pig
Orion beat Darkseid without using his weapons, what are you talking about?
Thor can handle Hulk, and Orion could handle Thor, what's your point?

Sentry
Hulk could catch Orion. If he gets Orion to brawl with him, he could very well take the Dog Of War.

I respect your brother longpig, but he loses here. stick out tongue

long pig
Strange is my pop's and Orion is my brother?

So THAT'S where I get my supreme intelligence and rippling abs from!
I should fight crime. big grin

Cosmic Cube
Are you kidding? He stalemated a blood lust Superman.
If anyone dies, it's the Hulk. Orions fighting skill is so far above Hulk's and his strength is way above Hulk's at the beginning. 8/10 Orion.

Their durability and healing are nearly the same too.

Orion's strength is not way above Hulk's at the beginning. Without the Mother Box, Hulk wins this fight.

Cosmic Cube
Orion beat Darkseid without using his weapons, what are you talking about?
Thor can handle Hulk, and Orion could handle Thor, what's your point?

Orion would have a very hard time beating Thor.

long pig
He'd have a hell of a time beating Thor, but he could, maybe not the majority of the time, but he definatly could pull a few out.

Mjolnir and motherbox/astroharness are very close in power, astroforce is the polar opposite of the Omega beams.

Everything else between the two are nearly equal as well, except Orion's healing is crazy. That fight could go either way forever.

Cosmic Cube
He'd have a hell of a time beating Thor, but he could, maybe not the majority of the time, but he definatly could pull a few out.

Mjolnir and motherbox/astroharness are very close in power, astroforce is the polar opposite of the Omega beams.

Everything else between the two are nearly equal as well, except Orion's healing is crazy. That fight could go either way forever.

Yeah.

Cept Thor can fly faster! evil face

long pig
lightspeed owns.

Cosmic Cube
lightspeed owns.

Unfortunately. sad

K3VIL
Orion's strength is not way above Hulk's at the beginning. Without the Mother Box, Hulk wins this fight.
Orion has a base strenght that surpass that of Superman.
Hulk can obviously surpass Orion strenght, forcing him to go berserk mode, needing to surpass him again, in a devasting battle, if Orion use his fightning abilities he wins, if he goes slugfest, I think he still wins.
Hulk has been knocked unconscious from Ravage, Abomination, Iron Man and others, and Orion is not the last of the class so...

Cosmic Cube
Hulk getting KOed by Ravage wasn't in continuity. Rampaging Hulk is like a "what if," and Leonardi is a terrible writer. Abomination never KOed Hulk. Iron Man either, to my recollection.

DarkCrawler
Manjaro, Draco and long pig convinced me.

Orion wins.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Manjaro, Draco and long pig convinced me.

Orion wins.

Only because of the mother box. roll eyes (sarcastic)

K3VIL
Hulk getting KOed by Ravage wasn't in continuity. Rampaging Hulk is like a "what if," and Leonardi is a terrible writer. Abomination never KOed Hulk. Iron Man either, to my recollection.
Iron Man in his gamm radiation absorbing armor knocked out Hulk with a punch that even created a shockwave after pummeling his face

Sentry
Hulk wins.

DarkCrawler
Orion wins.

Cosmic Cube
Iron Man in his gamm radiation absorbing armor knocked out Hulk with a punch that even created a shockwave after pummeling his face

Iron Man was absorbing Hulk's gamma radiation, weakening him. It's not like he just walked up on Hulk and laid him out with his strength alone. That's like Batman KOing Superman with a Kryptonite ring.

What issue is that from?

Sentry
I see we have reached an impasse.

kgkg
So who is winning Orion or Hulk?

I want to my comment but ............. laughing out loud

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
So who is winning Orion or Hulk?

I want to my comment but ............. laughing out loud
Orion, but only because of his queer little Mother Box.

Without the Mother Box, Orion would get pounded. mad

manjaro
the thing is fighting without the mother box almost ensures his victory, cuz his berserker rage is practically unparallaled in the DCU maybe a LOBO or Doomsday can come close but the mother box is what keeps that in check so hulk could yelp "hulk smash" all he wants to he's going down. why? cuz orion isnt one of those guys who stand there and quip with his enemies. the way spidey cracks jokes or beast qoute shakespeare and philosophers, and Doc smapson who tries to talk him down, Orion maims and kills at will with his bare hands. and still he has the A-force to back him up.

we all know that it is the opposite to the Omega Force, and not even superman can withstand a blast from either without wincing in pain, so hulk would put up a good fight, but he's toast

Cosmic Cube
the thing is fighting without the mother box almost ensures his victory, cuz his berserker rage is practically unparallaled in the DCU maybe a LOBO or Doomsday can come close but the mother box is what keeps that in check so hulk could yelp "hulk smash" all he wants to he's going down. why? cuz orion isnt one of those guys who stand there and quip with his enemies. the way spidey cracks jokes or beast qoute shakespeare and philosophers, and Doc smapson who tries to talk him down, Orion maims and kills at will with his bare hands. and still he has the A-force to back him up.

we all know that it is the opposite to the Omega Force, and not even superman can withstand a blast from either without wincing in pain, so hulk would put up a good fight, but he's toast

Orion's rage is nothing compared to the Hulk's. When Orion gets mad, he doesn't get stronger. In comparison, Orion would be an angry two year old.

Hulk has taken hits from guns designed to bring down Celestials. He isn't Superman. Omega Effect or Astro force, nothin' doing.

Orion getting angry and going blow for blow with the Hulk is the stupidest thing he could possibly do.

Cosmic Cube

manjaro
so exactly what the mother box is gonna do? the mother box is touted as the universes ultimate calcuator/computer, it heals ppl and it provides a link to the source. Orion doesnt need it to operate the harness, cuz the astro force comes from within him. yes the box can channel energy directly from the source to the harness but thats completely different from the astro force.

orion can heal just fine on his own and he's hella durable. someone please tell me how in the name of jeezus how the hulk can stand up to a force that can destroy city sized star ships, and rip holes thru planets

K3VIL
Orion's rage is nothing compared to the Hulk's. When Orion gets mad, he doesn't get stronger. In comparison, Orion would be an angry two year old.

Hulk has taken hits from guns designed to bring down Celestials. He isn't Superman. Omega Effect or Astro force, nothin' doing.

Orion getting angry and going blow for blow with the Hulk is the stupidest thing he could possibly do.
Orion's rage and real power are blocked from the Mother Box, Cosmic Cube.If the MB is removed, his Cosmic Destroyer Rage kick in, and Orion starts to level anything on his path, and his REAL strenght kick in, his powers are blocked from the MB to avoid him to become a threat for anyone he encounter.

Sentry
Who's stronger and more durable at their full potential? Orion's unchecked power? Or Hulk's unbridled strength of a fully angered Hulk? I think Orion stands a better chance by removing the mother box, letting loose his full potential, so Orion can keep up with the Hulk.

Strength wise, Hulk punks Orion. Battle wise, Orion's got a good chance, but if he fails to calm Hulk down, the battle will shift into Hulk's favor. I believe Orion's unchecked strength, but if he goes toe to toe against the Savage Hulk, he will fall. Give him a good fight, but he will fall.

Cosmic Cube
so exactly what the mother box is gonna do? the mother box is touted as the universes ultimate calcuator/computer, it heals ppl and it provides a link to the source. Orion doesnt need it to operate the harness, cuz the astro force comes from within him. yes the box can channel energy directly from the source to the harness but thats completely different from the astro force.

orion can heal just fine on his own and he's hella durable. someone please tell me how in the name of jeezus how the hulk can stand up to a force that can destroy city sized star ships, and rip holes thru planets

Check the first page. Hulk can withstand a blast that would devestate a planet. He's just that durable.

The Mother Box could find Hulk's weaknesses. Gamma ray absorption, sleeping gas, and calm.

joesha28
Orion would have a very hard time beating Thor.

Well He might even lose

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by joesha28
Well He might even lose

It's possible.

Mider
Orion should just get a diffrent transporation device so He could be as big as He is on Apocalypse but here on earth then crush the Hulk there end of fight. IF He is that smart though.

joesha28
ah ha.....Weakness found:

Endurance/Stamina: Orion's stamina is legendary. Only on Apokolips or New Genesis, are there any beings with the ability to compete with Orion in a conflict of any nature. Bolstered by his rage and his mother box, Orion is a virtually inexhaustible engine of destruction.

<<<This does not mean that Orion does not tire. In battles against foes of near equal might, such as Kalibak or Darkseid, Orion has been seen to fatigue, only after hours of continuous combat>>>.

The scale at which these beings operate is well above what we have come to expect from terrestrial metahumans.

So Orion do still tire. Hulk's does not tire much. He has more stamina. Lets do a analysis. Orion uncheck strength could make go toe to with hulk in the 1st part of fight. Seeing the challange being given Hulk might get mad and stronger but eventually Orion get tired and might lose. Just an analysis.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk doesn't tire, period. The longer he fights, the stronger, more durable, and more regenerative he becomes. He keeps fighting and gets stronger until he wins, or loses. His stamina is unlimited. There will be a point at which Orion will not be able to affect Hulk at all.

joesha28
Astroforce i do not know if it can hurt Hulk much. It might not give the fear to hulk. Hulk might overcome thing that he does not fear and he rarely fears. Mjolnir in Thor's hands was one if not the only thing Hulk confessed he fears.

long pig
Orion can fight for days, but he does tire. Anyone who fights Hulk for a few days is going to lose.

I don't see Orion fighting Hulk for days, more like a few hours until he forces Hulk to revert back to banner. If Orion wins, which he would, he'd have to do it in the first 4 or 5 hours, which is how any win over Hulk would go.

Cosmic Cube
Astroforce i do not know if it can hurt Hulk much. It might not give the fear to hulk. Hulk might overcome thing that he does not fear and he rarely fears. Mjolnir in Thor's hands was one if not the only thing Hulk confessed he fears.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.

lol He did? When?

long pig
Hulk should be afraid of Thor's hammer. Has Thor ever let loose a full OdinForce on Hulk? It seems like he usually holds back on Hulk to me.

joesha28
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.

lol He did? When?

In a fantastic 4 issue. And also in Hulk's future imperfect (a conversation between Maestro and the Prof hulk.)

Cosmic Cube
Hulk should be afraid of Thor's hammer. Has Thor ever let loose a full OdinForce on Hulk? It seems like he usually holds back on Hulk to me.

With Mjolnir, he does. Physically, he always strains himself. I don't think Hulk wants to get hit by a full Odinforce Blast. That would even damage Galactus.

Cosmic Cube
Orion can fight for days, but he does tire. Anyone who fights Hulk for a few days is going to lose.

I don't see Orion fighting Hulk for days, more like a few hours until he forces Hulk to revert back to banner. If Orion wins, which he would, he'd have to do it in the first 4 or 5 hours, which is how any win over Hulk would go.

Via the Mother Box. wink

If Orion plays it smart, he wins.

joesha28
yes, a fight using all brawns might get Orion defeated big time.

Cosmic Cube
yes, a fight using all brawns might get Orion defeated big time.

might?

long pig
Ehhhh, all brawns doesn't automatically go to Hulk either. Their durability and healing are nearly equal, Orion is stronger at the beginning, and his skill level is off the charts, so is his fight speed.

It'd be stupid to fight Hulk in h2h, but Thor has done it, and did well, so would Orion.

Cosmic Cube
Ehhhh, all brawns doesn't automatically go to Hulk either. Their durability and healing are nearly equal, Orion is stronger at the beginning, and his skill level is off the charts, so is his fight speed.

It'd be stupid to fight Hulk in h2h, but Thor has done it, and did well, so would Orion.

Orion isn't necessarily stronger at the beginning. Savage Hulk doesn't have a clear "base strength" established, and his strength makes exponential jumps like nothing. Hulk's fighting speed is just as fast as Orion's.

Thor has got beaten near death by Hulk, fighting hand to hand. Same thing happened to Abomination. Orion will follow suit.

long pig
Thor doesn't have Orion's healing.
Abomination doesn't have Orion's skill.

That's why they lost.
Even though Thor has stalemated Hulk in h2h before, it's pertty clear he'd lose if he didn't end it quickly.

But the difference is, Thor never actually tried to kill Hulk, Orion would try nothing but killing him.

Cosmic Cube
Thor doesn't have Orion's healing.
Abomination doesn't have Orion's skill.

That's why they lost.
Even though Thor has stalemated Hulk in h2h before, it's pertty clear he'd lose if he didn't end it quickly.

But the difference is, Thor never actually tried to kill Hulk, Orion would try nothing but killing him.

Killing Hulk isn't an option for Thor, or Orion. Skill isn't much when your opponent can become infinitely stronger and more durable than you. Orion's rage would get his head handed to him.

long pig
His skill level is high enough to make beating him with only strength near impossible. Although Hulk would outclass him in strength, it's definatly not a sure thing that Hulk would win.

Cosmic Cube
His skill level is high enough to make beating him with only strength near impossible. Although Hulk would outclass him in strength, it's definatly not a sure thing that Hulk would win.

How so?

Hulk would outclass him in strength, and durability.

long pig
Who's to say he couldn't take him out with a blaze surgically placed strikes with his martial arts before Hulk can get angry enough to equal Orion's strength/speed/durability?

Skill and intelligence are the first and second most important thing in a fight, Orion has those in spades.

I'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as you're making it seem, Hulk isn't unbeatable in a h2h fight. Hulk can win, and he can definatly lose as well.

Cosmic Cube
Who's to say he couldn't take him out with a blaze surgically placed strikes with his martial arts before Hulk can get angry enough to equal Orion's strength/speed/durability?

Skill and intelligence are the first and second most important thing in a fight, Orion has those in spades.

I'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as you're making it seem, Hulk isn't unbeatable in a h2h fight. Hulk can win, and he can definatly lose as well.

Pressure points don't work on Hulk. He doesn't really feel pain. Hulk can lose this fight, but without the Mother Box, it isn't likely. If Orion can manage to strategically take Hulk out before he gets too angry, he can win. But without the Mother Box, it's much more likely that Orion will be in a blind rage. He would attack Hulk in senseless fury, and Hulk would beat him to the ground. That's why the Mother Box is key in this fight.

MERCILOUS
Pressure points don't necessarily work on a pain basis. If Hulk has an anatomy similar to a human there's no reason plenty of pressure points wouldn't work.

Wanderer259
I don't know about that. In my opinion, that's suspect. A lot of pressure point use is about pain (you use the sharp, sudden pain to cause the enemy to falter or obey you) while some of it is about striking the nerve so that its corresponding body part stops working properly. If he can't feel pain, and I think he can as I seem to remember him getting pissed over it, then it's only the nerve-shot that he needs to worry about. But can't his healing abilities just fix it?

MERCILOUS
Well yeah, but it would be a nerve shot from Orion. I'd imagine that'd cause substansial damage. And I may be stretching a bit, but maestro said that spine injuries took the longest to heal, I imagine that might well be because of the nerve damage.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Well yeah, but it would be a nerve shot from Orion. I'd imagine that'd cause substansial damage. And I may be stretching a bit, but maestro said that spine injuries took the longest to heal, I imagine that might well be because of the nerve damage.

That's quite a stretch. Maestro is just a stonger version of the Professor. Most people think he's the strongest incarnation of the Hulk, which is totally false. He's among the least durable, and he doesn't get stronger due to a psychic failsafe that turns him into Savage Banner when he gets mad..

If Merged Hulk can keep fighting with the flesh flayed from his bones, a nerve stike isn't going faze Savage Hulk.

MERCILOUS
I'll admit it was a stretch, but probably not as long a stretch as you say, the thing about pressure points is that they almost work on an inside out type of way. Just tapping certain pressure points can rander limbs useless, certainly a full on smashing of one could do quite a bit of damage. Although now that I think about it a little more, his healing should be greatly accellerated.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I'll admit it was a stretch, but probably not as long a stretch as you say, the thing about pressure points is that they almost work on an inside out type of way. Just tapping certain pressure points can rander limbs useless, certainly a full on smashing of one could do quite a bit of damage. Although now that I think about it a little more, his healing should be greatly accellerated.

I don't think Merged Hulk had any pressure points when Vector peeled his flesh off. That didn't stop him. Savage Hulk was hit by the same attack with no effect. Vector casually moves planets with that matter repulsor blast. Look at page 1. Hulk's durability might not allow for a nerve strike, and if it does, the effect won't last.

Tough Guy
pressure points??????? huk is stronger and more durable as has infinate capacity in this area, no one can defeat him brawling they need so mething else ( im talking hulk as a character not previous issues where he was weakened to draw with thor or namour etc)

Cosmic Cube
Hulk can't be defeated in the area of brute strength. Hulk can always become more durable. There are people who are more durable than Hulk (Juggernaut,) but no one can match him in strength. Orion isn't coming out of a brawl with Hulk victorious, if he comes out at all. Unchecked anger would be Orion's undoing.

He's gonna need that Mother Box, one way or another.

Tough Guy
thst wont help him

K3VIL
Beings less stronger than Orion K.O.ed Hulk, Orion can do the job.

manjaro
the major thing about orion tho is that he was trained extensively in the arts for millenia by Valkyria who according to new god lore is the greatest martial Artist in all the universe(fourth world and ours), in fact, i believe she is the new genesis god of the arts(not a hundred % sure on that tho). superior killer tactics would win out against the hulk

DarkCrawler
:nod:

manjaro
orion walking thru a boulder as a kid. dont get me wrong now. im not saying the hulk cant do it but this is a mere pup of war we're talking about

Cosmic Cube
Beings less stronger than Orion K.O.ed Hulk, Orion can do the job.

No, only Iron Man with a gamma absorber. No one else.

Cosmic Cube
the major thing about orion tho is that he was trained extensively in the arts for millenia by Valkyria who according to new god lore is the greatest martial Artist in all the universe(fourth world and ours), in fact, i believe she is the new genesis god of the arts(not a hundred % sure on that tho). superior killer tactics would win out against the hulk

Superior killer tactics won't work against someone who's nigh impossible to kill. Hulk's durability and regeneration won't allow for nerve strikes, and the like. If Orion runs up to Hulk and tries to slug it out, he's going to get broken down. No disrespect to Orion, but Hulk's virtually unbeatable in a straight up brawl. Without the Mother Box, Orion won't be able to think straight, and it will be his undoing.

orion walking thru a boulder as a kid. dont get me wrong now. im not saying the hulk cant do it but this is a mere pup of war we're talking about

Hulk busted a "boulder" twice the size of Earth with one punch. stick out tongue

manjaro
him battling an enraged lightray...a ginormous piece of celstial city falls on him.....he shakes it off

Cosmic Cube
him battling an enraged lightray...a ginormous piece of celstial city falls on him.....he shakes it off

So? Bet it didn't weigh 150 billion tons... smile

manjaro
showing that he has some measure of control over the A-force without the harness: note last panel. this just refutes ppl's silly notion he DOESNT get stronger with rage

manjaro
So? Bet it didn't weigh 150 billion tons... smile

ok buddy i think you need to settle down now. im just posting to show a not so well known side of orion, not to get on anybody's case. that mountain thing is out of continuity anyway so whats your point

Cosmic Cube
showing that he has some measure of control over the A-force without the harness: note last panel. this just refutes ppl's silly notion he DOESNT get stronger with rage

How does that prove that he does gets stronger with rage? Was it ever stated?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>