Should Padme die in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cybervader
Well in watching Episode III, we finally find out why Princess Leia is known as "Leia Organa", having being adopted by the Alderaan senator Bail Organa, though obviously we all know that technically she should have been "Leia Skywalker".

Do you remember that in episode XI, return of the jedi, luke asked leia about her mother?

"Leia, do u remember your mother, your real mother?"

"Just a little bit. She died when i was very young."

"What do u remember?"

"Just images really..feelings.."

"Tell me.."

"(sighs) She was..very beautiful. Kind. But..sad.. Why are u asking me this?"

"I have no memory of my mother..i never knew her."

So then how could leia possibly have all those 'memories' when Padme actually died at child-birth?? And luke did not have any at all?? Should it be more accurate to have padme die in Alderaan years later when leia is still very young?

What do u guys think?

Justice Pie
Originally posted by Cybervader
Well in watching Episode III, we finally find out why Princess Leia is known as "Leia Organa", having being adopted by the Alderaan senator Bail Organa, though obviously we all know that technically she should have been "Leia Skywalker".

Do you remember that in episode XI, return of the jedi, luke asked leia about her mother?

"Leia, do u remember your mother, your real mother?"

"Just a little bit. She died when i was very young."

"What do u remember?"

"Just images really..feelings.."

"Tell me.."

"(sighs) She was..very beautiful. Kind. But..sad.. Why are u asking me this?"

"I have no memory of my mother..i never knew her."

So then how could leia possibly have all those 'memories' when Padme actually died at child-birth?? And luke did not have any at all?? Should it be more accurate to have padme die in Alderaan years later when leia is still very young?

What do u guys think?
Commonly asked.
Make your own interpretations of it, I guess.
Maybe this shows Leias' connection to the force and all the things she 'saw' were actually 'seen' while she was baking in the oven?

Darth_Rankkor
true true

Darth_Duffy
she died, deal with it and move on

Robin Darkside
yes, she should not have died, the story doesn;t make sense

unless, Leia was just bullshitting Luke

Justice Pie
she was supposed to die.
it's the premonition anakin had that sent him on the crusade to save her, thus eventually killing her.
who cares what leia said 30 years ago.
hard to rewrite history.
sorry for all the lowercase.
bedtime.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Justice Pie
she was supposed to die.
it's the premonition anakin had that sent him on the crusade to save her, thus eventually killing her.
who cares what leia said 30 years ago.
hard to rewrite history.
sorry for all the lowercase.
bedtime.

Lucas knew the story behind Anakin when the Ot was only out, so I dont know why he would make Leia say that stuff cause they are twins. Unless before he wrote the PT, he never thought Padme died at child birth, which is most likely. But there has to be some explaination of why she said that, because Lucas wrote the PT to connect the OT correctly, he only had 20 years to do it. So, I'm sure that crossed his mind.

cad
Leia was probably on about her adopted mother.

Cybervader
hmm..well i do not think it was about the adopted mother..since luke specifically said.."your real mother"..so i guess..i dunno bout you guys but i really think its a flaw on the movie part of her dying then..It was clearly depicted to show the dramtic contrast between she giving birth..and the 'birth' of vader..though excellent..it overlooked wat leia said in episode 6.

Darth Travizzle
People,people,people.C'mon GL already made the movies, he can't go back and change it. So drop it.

Cybervader
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
People,people,people.C'mon GL already made the movies, he can't go back and change it. So drop it.

hmm..as a matter of fact, he can change it, and he DID..some of it at least.

In the new dvd release, vader's eyebrows were 'shaven off' when luke opens his mask..and anakin's jedi ghost was substituted to that of hayden..to make him look younger or wat? why not ewan mcgregor too?

So maybe GL can cut off the 'do u remember your mother dialouge'..hmm..

b-dan
bail could of told her she was adopted and her mom died

SnakeEyes
HA! I like how the thread starter said that Return of the Jedi was episode XI...

JKozzy
Bail Organa's wife could have died and her memories could be of her. Quite simple, if you don't take the lines literally.

Cybervader
haha..my mistake..its ep VI rather big grin But it would be cool to have ep XI yeh? hahaha

oh b-dan, that is most probably what happen..but it still does not explain leia knowing her real mother to be "sad"..bail could have told her amidal was "beautiful" of course..who wouldn't ? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.