Anakin's Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robin Darkside
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I havent heard anything about it, even through the search. So this may seem very obvious.

After Anakin has turned to the darkside, I think Palpatine should have provided him with a red lightsaber. So, I'm not entirely sure why he still used the blue lightsaber. Its the first time a darkside jedi uses a blue one. I guess Anakin was just starting out with the darkside, but I thought it would have been cool if Palpy gave him one. Or does a jedi or sith have to construct his own?

It then could have been the same one his uses in OT, right until Luke chops his hand or robotic hand off. I'm not sure why Lucas didn;t want Anakin to have a red one right away

cad
well if you think about it anikin just turned to the dark side so he hasent become a sith yet so no one really wanted to give him a new light saber. And anikin doesent get a new one intill number 4.

Time Of Evil II
But also when he is transformed into DV, we don't see him fight so he may have been supplied with one then.

Boris
While it wasn't used within the film, there actually was a red lightsaber for him, it looks alot like his old one only with black bits.

Looky

Darth Travizzle
Because if Anakin got a new lightsaber, he probably would have trown it away where no one would find it. Then Obi-Wan wouldn't of had the blue lightsaber to give to Luke in episode IV.

Time Of Evil II
Did Obi-wan take it after the dual?

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
Because if Anakin got a new lightsaber, he probably would have trown it away where no one would find it. Then Obi-Wan wouldn't of had the blue lightsaber to give to Luke in episode IV.

yep, thats it right there, that never occured to me. Obiwan had to give Luke Anakin's lightsaber. Now it makes sense

Although, Obiwan could of got Anakins old lightsaber somehow, then Anakin gets a red one to kill the separtists and battle Obiwan.

((The_Anomaly))
Jedi and Sith are not "provided" with lightsabers. they construct it themselves. Anakin did not have the time to construct a red saber. thats why..

Time Of Evil II
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Jedi and Sith are not "provided" with lightsabers. they construct it themselves. Anakin did not have the time to construct a red saber. thats why..
But how do all the younguns construct theirs because they are minors.

DeVi| D0do
Maybe, instead of creating life, the Jedi can influence the midichlorians to create lightsabers?

blink

The Ones
lol. those sabers the younglings had were sabers that the council had to train them to use one before they begin constructing one of there own. when they become a jedi padawan (when they get a master) and once they have passed all the jedi tests, they can construct there own. hardly anyone constructs a perfect saber the 1st time round. (except for reven) it takes about 3-5 times to get it right.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Time Of Evil II
Did Obi-wan take it after the dual?
Ya you see him pick it up.

matreid
You did not construct your very own lightsaber until after you are chosen by a master and he/she takes you to Ilum to get a crystal.

The Ones
or dantooine. that place has a high force sensitive cave with crystals

Dresta
Originally posted by The Ones
or dantooine. that place has a high force sensitive cave with crystals

and that ***** leia wanted to have Dantooine blown up in ANH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.