KMC Members: Characters That you are totally ignorant of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
-nod to draco-
Name here characters that you have NO understanding of...ask questions or what not about them. Maybe we help each other.

I have a few.

GreenLantern: I know they're green....-shakes head-
WonderWoman: Don't understand her.
Darkseid: he's big and blue and has some sorta beams.....that...chase you...

DigiMark007
Ha. Ditto Darkseid. And Mr. Mzystdnwhateverthehell (??)...never heard of him or seen him in a comic.

There's a bunch I've never been able to read and only know what I've read on this forum. I'm sure a lot of us can say that. For me, for years it was mainly Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, Daredevil, etc. and the other Marvel tentpoles...so anything cosmic and/or DC I'm kinda catching up on as we speak (both from reading comics and learning here on the forum).

And Maelstrom. But the only reason I want to know more about him is because I might have to face Khell in the tourney. Otherwise he seems too obscure for me to really care.

-DM

Quick Freeze
Orion
i kinda know his back story but what the hell are his powers???

SnakeEyes
hmmm, Characters that I know almost nothing about:

Wonderwoman: Never even got interested in her...
Thanos: I think he's awesome, but I have never read an issue with him in it.
Black Panther: Was never interested in him, but now I kinda am because of all the credit he gets on these forums.

FieryBalrog
Carnage
Green Lantern
Iron Man

Draco69
Cosmics (Genis, Silver Surfer, Thanos, that stuff)

DarkCrawler
Superman Prime.

Eternity, Death, Living Tribunal...that sort of uber cosmics.

Saint of Killers.

Martian Manhunter.

Thor.

BENITO
LOBO

all I know is that he ugly

Khellendros
Ditto to Darkseid and the big heavy hitting cosmics. Celestials and abstracts, I know next to nothing. I admittedly don't know much about iron man. I know he changes suits a lot, and I know about his repulsors, but thats about it.

Next Venom_girl
Who's this Sentry guy anyway? All I know is that he looks like yellow supes, thinks he killed his wife, and (allegedly) ripped Carnage in half.

DigiMark007
Actually, ripping Carnage in half is one of the few things we can confirm about Sentry. That and he fought the Void. That's about it...pretty much everything else is rumor.

There's a brilliant idea longpig started that says maybe he was just created out of the imagination of Scarlet Witch. There's absolutely no justification for this idea, but it sounds cool to me.

-DM

P.S. Ditto Uber-Cosmics and Abstracts...I know nothing about them. That goes for DC too...couldn't tell you one thing about Lucifer Morningstar or Gabriel or any of those.

Nataku8188
Black Panther
Phoenix

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, ripping Carnage in half is one of the few things we can confirm about Sentry. That and he fought the Void. That's about it...pretty much everything else is rumor.
(Somebody else mentioned that what he was ripping looked rather empty...)
Silver Surfer, Kazaar, Angelus, Magdelena.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
(Somebody else mentioned that what he was ripping looked rather empty...)
Silver Surfer, Kazaar, Angelus, Magdelena.

have a look for yourself

prior to this scene Carnage was pretty much about to kill Like Cage, Dare Devil and Spider-Woman

Bishop X
Sentry...

Scoobless
well (other than unsubstantiated claims of other heroes) you've just seen pretty much everything he's done

here it is again.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bishop X
Hey Scoobless, come visit the SSSR&P.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Bishop X
Hey Scoobless, come visit the SSSR&P.

um.... what?

confused

nigel45
It's nice to know I'm not the only somewhat ignorant person on these boards.

At best, I have a very weak knowledge of anyone above Silver Surfer in the Marvel Universe. That would be like celestials and Thanos and all those cats.

shaber
Wonder woman was a show some decades ago starring Linda Carter (I think that's right...) the character had been training for thousands of millenia at combat and has notable attributes of various figures from ancient Mediterranean mythology.

Mainstream
don't know sh*t about High Father and most cosmic beings except dark Phoenix and Silver Surfer

TraptUnderIce
Green Lantern Corps is a coalition of superheroes given the Green Lantern Ring and the name Green Lantern by the "Guardians. Each one defends a certain region of the galaxy. Hal Jordan one of the original Green Lanterns kill all the others. One Guardian survives to give the last ring to ?Kyle Rayner? and tells him to defend Earth.

I think that sums up GL but I have only read what I know on here and other random sites.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Green Lantern Corps is a coalition of superheroes given the Green Lantern Ring and the name Green Lantern by the "Guardians. Each one defends a certain region of the galaxy. Hal Jordan one of the original Green Lanterns kill all the others. One Guardian survives to give the last ring to ?Kyle Rayner? and tells him to defend Earth.

I think that sums up GL but I have only read what I know on here and other random sites.

that's basically the story up until Kyle gets the ring (very basically)

the rings give the wearer the ability to harness their imagination and will power to create anything they can think of

the rings need to be charged once every 24 hours using each GL's power battery

the GL's power batteries are connected to the central battery on OA which focuses the will power of every being in the galaxy... each GL's willpower is multiplied a million times by this... hence why some GL's are more powerful than others

GL's used to have a weakness to anything yellow (that was all explained in rebirth) but i think that weakness has gone now

p.s..... i only have a handful of GL comics so if anyone has more info feel free to correct me

pr1983
before i came to kmc i knew nothing about green lantern...

but ive read up and know a little...

Bishop X
Hey everyone, come to the SSSR & P thread, adopt any comic book persona you want! Signed Lucas Bishop.

long pig
Originally posted by BENITO
LOBO

all I know is that he ugly

Name: Lobo, The Main Man, That Dirty Bastich That Killed My Father.
Favorite Phrase: By Fetals gizz!
Fav words: Frag! Fragger! Fraggin! What the frag??! Bastich!

Lobo was born in a world called Czarnia<sp?>, where there was no such thing as evil, anger was unheard of and hate was non existant. Lobo is said to be the yang of his planets ying, meaning, his planet was so good, Lobo was born to balance it out by being a total bad ass.

When he was born he killed the Dr., 5 years later, Lobo found himself being a science genius. He made a a virus thing that killed every living thing on his planet.

He's roughly as strong as superman, has healing more than Hulk and has the ability to see someones weakness at first sight. He's now the greatest intergalaxy bounty hunter to ever exist, he has a mentally controlled motorcycle that can exceed lightspeed, and a host of other weapons.

He's roughly 400 years old and doesn't need to breath/eat/sleep/yadayada.

Greatest Feats: Kicked Supermans ass while totally drunk.
Blown up a host of planets, one by giving every being on the planet a hat with explosives triggered to go off at the slightest touch, then mentally controls them all to slap themselves on their head. big grin

Killed a host of angels and gods.

He's just a bad mother.

nigel45
Originally posted by Scoobless
that's basically the story up until Kyle gets the ring (very basically)

the rings give the wearer the ability to harness their imagination and will power to create anything they can think of

the rings need to be charged once every 24 hours using each GL's power battery

the GL's power batteries are connected to the central battery on OA which focuses the will power of every being in the galaxy... each GL's willpower is multiplied a million times by this... hence why some GL's are more powerful than others

GL's used to have a weakness to anything yellow (that was all explained in rebirth) but i think that weakness has gone now

p.s..... i only have a handful of GL comics so if anyone has more info feel free to correct me

That sounds pretty thorough. Some little side-notes: Kyle Rayner was the first Green Lantern to not be vulnerable to the color yellow, which is something explained in "Green Lantern: Rebirth" (honestly, if there's anyone out there who really wants to learn more about GL's, buy this series). Also, I'm pretty sure he never had to recharge his ring.

But he was mostly an exception. The other GL's had the things you described.

Scoobless
ok... what are the differences between Alan Scott and the other GL's (i know it's something to do with his ring being magical)

i saw a guy named "Shining Knight" on JLU.... who is he?

i recently read Identity Crisis...... what are Dr Lights powers? (light based i would imagine)

i had never heard of TOAA (the one above all) before i came to KMC.... who is he and what does he do?

CorderaMitchell
Who is Nate Grey

pr1983
nate grey...

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=73

long pig
Seriously, who the hell is Catman?
I see him in the new Villians United comic, but who/what exactly is he, and what can he do?

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Seriously, who the hell is Catman?
I see him in the new Villians United comic, but who/what exactly is he, and what can he do?

he was on Justice League Unlimited..... apparently he's just an old guy that fights pretty well... no powers

embarrasment

Mainstream
Originally posted by Scoobless
he was on Justice League Unlimited..... apparently he's just an old guy that fights pretty well... no powers

embarrasment

that wasn't catman catman a villian...your thinking about Wildcat

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mainstream
that wasn't catman catman a villian...your thinking about Wildcat

um...... you may be right about that....... embarrasment

*stupid cat-named people*

Catman was a character on another Justice League cartoon though (i'm pretty sure this time)... he was part of the "Justice Guild" on an alternate reality with some GL knock off and Tom Turbine

DigiMark007

Alan Scott...Original Green Lantern, originally had a wood weakness...like the yellow thing with other GL's. I found a great site on him once but then lost it...I'll look for it again.

He's different because he internalized his 'lantern'. He no longer has a ring. His heart is his GL ring. He's a walking Lantern. It makes it so he doesn't age...thus his looking like he's thrity when he's probably at least in his 60's. That's all I know about him. He's currently with the JSA. Not sure about the whole 'magic' thing you mentioned.

-DM

Blair Wind
can anyone who read GL:Rebirth explain what the whole yellow weakness is ??

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
can anyone who read GL:Rebirth explain what the whole yellow weakness is ??

yes.....

the yellow impurity (or weakness) in the rings was caused by Parallax, Parallax is not Hal but an entity that feeds on and uses fear like the rings use willpower.... the guardians encountered him eons ago and couldn't defeat him so they trapped him in the battery

now, apparently, there is an "emotional electromagnetic spectrum" green is willpower and yellow is fear.... parallax was completely yellow and somehow that made the rings vulnerable to anything yellow... (but i think they got over that recently)

Kyle's ring never had the yellow weakness as he was given the ring after Parallax escaped the battery inside Hal Jordan

so basically the "Yellow Impurity" (or weakness) IS Parallax

mdbull73
For me, most of the DC universe.

I never read DC, but since being part of this forum, I want to read more.

I want to learn more about:

1. Lucifer Morningstar
2. Archangel Michael
3. Darkseid (I have an issue with superman and batman and darkseid, but Darkseid doesn't fight)

Scoobless
who (or what) is Anti-Monitor?

long pig
The Anti-Monitor
He single handedly made DC stop sucking!
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/images/antimonitor.png

Scoobless
cool... ok.... who is "Saint of Killers"?

grey fox
Ahhhh now the ball is in my field......since i know a crap load about the saint of killers as he is one of my favorite DC characters (even though i have never read a a single DC comic in my life)

The Saint of Killers
http://pc59te.dte.uma.es/cdb/series/vertigo/bitmaps/saintkillers.jpg

Identity/Class: Undead spirit of death and revenge

Affiliations: (formerly) Scalphunter (while he was alive); Agent of God and the Devil (after he died)

Enemies: Virtually everyone who lives

Known Relatives: Unnamed wife and daughter (both deceased)

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Worldwide

First Appearance: Preacher #2 (Vertigo)

Powers/Abilities: The Saint of Killers employs two guns which always strike their target and always kill them, no matter how difficult the shot, or how tough the person shot. He cannot be killed by any conventional means.

History: The Saint of Killers was once a heartless murderer who made his living in the American West by collecting scalps and killing for money. His life changed when he found a young girl that he had inadvertantly rescued when he killed her indian captors. As they were far from civilisation when they met, the girl pleaded with him to take her with him, and in spite of himself, she got through his bitter, hardened exterior, to whatever tiny core of goodness rested within. They fell in love, married, and had a daughter, and the killer became a farmer. However his family fell ill, and the man left them to fetch the doctor from the nearest town. When he got there his mission was delayed by a gang of outlaws whom he got into a fight with. As a result of the time this wasted, by the time he returned home he found his family had died. Grief stricken, he returned to the town and went on a killing spree, slaying everyone he encountered. Just before he could shoot the leader of the outlaws, he was impaled in the chest with a shovel.

Death took him, and because of his last murders, he was consigned to Hell. His hatred could not be contained though, and it caused Hell to freeze over. The Angel of Death was in Hell, playing cards with the Devil, and he suggested a solution. They would allow the man to return to Earth to finish his vengeance so long as he would then agree to become the new Angel of Death. Accepting the offer, the new Saint of Killers slew the Devil for insulting him, and then returned to the land of the living, where he slaughtered everyone in the town. Viewing him as dangerously uncontrollable, Heaven arranged to put him to sleep except when he was needed to kill people.

When Genesis escaped Heaven and merged with the Preacher Jesse Custer, the Saint was awoken again, and sent after Custer. For the first time ever he was stymied when Custer used his vocal powers to prevent the Saint from shooting him or his companions. However the Saint kept coming back, and it was only when Custer offered him information about why his family died, that the Saint stopped gunning for him. Jesse informed the Saint that it appeared the deaths were not accidental; Heaven had arranged them in order to obtain themselves the services of an efficient killer. Now the Saint has a new target - Heaven itself.

He also killeded god after he left heaven (without heaven DC god is just a really beefed up angel )

olympian
Hardcore eek!

whirlysplat
Yes but the Preacher was more than a match for him with the power of Genesisbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

and it was only one DC version of "God" a few existbig grin

grey fox
well yeah we have dc 'GOD' and marvel god who goes by the name of TOAA

Scoobless
ok.... now.... who is Asmodel?.... (is it pronounced ass-model?)

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Carnage
Green Lantern
Iron Man

Carnage is the symboite "child" of brock. He is able to move his tendrils and seperate them from his body as weapons, they last very temporarily though.

He's a faster, stronger version of brock. And how venom cloud's spiderman's senses, carnage clouds Brocks and Peters.

The symboite offspring have to adjust to their new host, but each birth is deadier. Peter<Brock<Carnage<Toxic

Sonics and fire are effective against the symbiotes. Fire is more effective on carnage, but sonics are more effective on venom.

Cleutus Kassidy is the human host of the symbiote who kills.

He got his power while in a cell with brock. It took peter, Venom, AND the enlisting of the FF to take him down.

He breaks out of his holding place, but is thwarted by peter.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by grey fox
well yeah we have dc 'GOD' and marvel god who goes by the name of TOAA
Asmodel is a king angel, leader of the Bull host

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.