Flash and Superman Vs. Mephisto and his children

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
During one of Supes and Flash's pointless races, Flash accidentally causes a dimensional rift into the Marvel Universe which lands them smack dab in the middle of Mephisto's Netherworld Dimension, directly in his throneroom as he is meeting with his children (Blackheart and Malevolence), discussing Blackheart's latest attempt at assassinating his sister.

The evil three turn to see Flash and Supes trip over eachother and slam into a gargoyle statue about 30 feet from Mephisto's throne upon entry into the dimension. Flash attempts to re-create the incident instantaneously so he and Supes can escape without further notice, but finds that he can not access the Speed Force Dimension in this realm, so they are trapped.

Mephisto then says "Oh look, visitors. Let's make them feel welcome kids...".

Can Supes and Flash defeat Blackheart, Malevolence, Mephisto, and his hordes of demons, as well as batter Mephisto to a point where he banishes them from his dimension so they can return to the DCU?

Discuss.

Magee
Originally posted by illadelph12
During one of Supes and Flash's pointless races, Flash accidentally causes a dimensional rift into the Marvel Universe which lands them smack dab in the middle of Mephisto's Netherworld Dimension, directly in his throneroom as he is meeting with his children (Blackheart and Malevolence), discussing Blackheart's latest attempt at assassinating his sister.

The evil three turn to see Flash and Supes trip over eachother and slam into a gargoyle statue about 30 feet from Mephisto's throne upon entry into the dimension. Flash attempts to re-create the incident instantaneously so he and Supes can escape without further notice, but finds that he can not access the Speed Force Dimension in this realm, so they are trapped.

Mephisto then says "Oh look, visitors. Let's make them feel welcome kids...".

Can Supes and Flash defeat Blackheart, Malevolence, Mephisto, and his hordes of demons, as well as batter Mephisto to a point where he banishes them from his dimension so they can return to the DCU?

Discuss. Well since Flash can't access the SF in the Marvel universe that drastically depowers him. I think Superman could hold off Mephisto and Blackheart while Flash takes care of Melevolence, then its 2v2. Could go either way tbh.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Magee
Well since Flash can't access the SF in the Marvel universe that drastically depowers him. I think Superman could hold off Mephisto and Blackheart while Flash takes care of Melevolence, then its 2v2. Could go either way tbh.

Assume he can access the Speed Force.

Mephisto is a very powerful magician, you know.

Sentry
Hmmm... Without the speed force what can Wally do? It's basically Superman VS. Mephisto and his children. Supes could pound on them, but healthy doses of dark magic blast and hellfire could hurt Supes. I'm not saying 100 percent it can, but most likely. Supes and magic don't do to well. Not to mention Mephisto and kids are nearly omnipotent in their realm. They increase their strength levels to match or Superman's. The odds are against Superman in this battle. Mephisto and kids win.

Sentry
Well here's a description of Mephisto's powers:

He alone could take them. Along with his Children, they win.

illadelph12
Side note:

To make things a bit clearer, in this scenario, Flash can't enter the SFD, but he can still achieve 99.99999% lightspeed in Mephisto's realm. He just can't transcend light speed or sap other's speed/momentum, or perform his I.M.P.'s.

mdbull73
Great scenario!

I have a question? Are Supes and Flash in their normal forms or astral forms.

If they are in their astral forms, some of their weaknesses might not apply.

In Fantastic Four #278, Franklin Richard's astral form did not have the self-imposed block on his psionic powers that Richard's physical form had.

Mephisto knew this, and tried to keep Franklin away from Dr. Strange, but Strange freed Franklin and the rest is history.

If the Flash and Supes are in astral form, then they might not suffer from some of their weaknesses. If Superman is now invulnerable to Kryptonite in his astral form (I dont know enough about the Flash's weaknesses), that makes for a very long day for Mephisto and his children.

However, if Kryptonite is still a problem in Mephisto's realm, then I'm sure Mephisto could manufacture as much real Kryptonite as he needed (or at least make Superman believe that he is in a veritable Kryptonite hell).

Sentry
Supes is vulnerable to magic also. It doesn't work well with his bio matrix.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
Supes is vulnerable to magic also. It doesn't work well with his bio matrix.

If I recall correctly, Superman was once transformed into a gorilla.

illadelph12
Hmm, interesting points mdbull.

Being as how they entered Mephisto's realm through a dimensional rift, I'd say they are in their normal physical forms and not astral projections of themselves. But, if having the 2 in astral form would make things more evenly matched, I guess the dimensional aperture could have separated their spirits from their bodies so that their astral forms are trapped in Mephisto's realm and their bodies are trapped in the SFD.

Actually, I will:

In this scenario, Flash and Supes are in astral form. Flash can not access the SFD from Mephisto's realm, but can travel at 99.99999999% light speed (basically lightspeed), and Supes has all of his powers but does not have his kryptonite or sunlight variation weaknesses due to not actually being in physical form, but, since there is no sunlight in Mephisto's realm, Supes has to rely on his solar reserves, so he can go full bore for, lets say, 3-3.5 weeks nonstop which would deplete his superpowers (as well as damage depleting his powers), so if he conserved he'd have 2 months worth, but if he maxed out he'd have 3-3.5 weeks worth of power before weakening to a normal human state. He still has his weakness to magic and high intensity energies that could disrupt his biomatrix, as well as physical damage.

Beyonder
Mephisto and Blackheart.

mdbull73
Through his mystic vapors, Mephisto would easily discover Superman's weaknesses. ALl he would have to do is teleport Supes and Flash to a distant part of his ream, then get the "prep" time.

In other words, all Mephisto would have to do, by himself, is keep Supes out of the sun.

However, could the Flash whirl around millions of times to create a simulated sun in Hell.

Since Mephisto's kids wouldn't be able to stop Flash from doing this, the simulated sun would grow stronger and stronger.

Superman would then have the energy to beat Mephisto.

P.S. I am a <gulp> Mephisto fanboy, so I am trying to give Supes the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, the battle itself is between Mephisto and Supes and Flash.

Magee
Simulated sun? I dont think Flash could do that just by spinning around lol. It doesn't make sense that Flash can't access the SFD but can still travel at lightspeed. When he was in the Marvel universe he said he couldn't feel the SF and that he was much slower than normal. Tbh I dont think they can pull it off. Their out numbered and I think Mephisto would be a good match for both of them. Add 2 of his kids and it becomes a little unfair.

long pig
It's possible Magee, I was hanging out earlier eating a snickers and I started spinning on my computer chair, and wouldn't you know it....I accidently made a friggin' sun!
My luck I guess.

CorderaMitchell
lol the sig master ladies and gentlemen.

mdbull73
Last time I checked guys, we are talking about comic books and a man who can run at light speed.

Im just trying to be original.

long pig
Just messing with you, and I'm a Mephisto fan myself.
I was hoping the "M" in "House of M" stood for Mephisto.....-sigh- It'd been awesome.

mdbull73
Lol

The problem is that Mephisto always has to lose in the comics.

It would really be interesting to see what would happen if the writers actually let him loose one time.

That being said, I still dont think his children would be a factor in this match.

So Im going to stick to my guns: The Flash spins so fast he creates some immense field of energy that Supes is able to channel through his body. He augments his heat ray and fries Mephisto. At the same time, the energy the Flash has created opens an interdimensional portal.

Supes and Flash escape and Mephisto, tattered and torn, decides to give DC characters a free pass through his realm anytime they get stuck.

In the comics, all is possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.