Grevious should have died in space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

adamrubin
his chest pleate has his lungs showing and he does breath from the lungs so when he was in space in teh begining of the movie he should have died right away, right

NoFate007
unless he has backup lungs lol

ApolloX
Probably, but hey its Star Wars.

Ken Kenobi
I have a feeling that he has special back-up systems for when he is in the vacuum of space.

Captain REX
Or something like that.

JKozzy
Yep. And Anakin, Obi, and Palpy wouldn't have been able to just hang on like that. They would've been goners.

Captain REX
Staaar Waaars.

Ken Kenobi
Suspend your disbelief people, it's a movie. I just don't understand all these people that have to analyze every last mundane detail about a film. Especially a movie that is based in an entirely different galaxy and is total Sci-Fi.

Justice Pie
Unless he held his breath. In EP1, you remember Qui-Gon and Ben holding their breathe for an undetermined amount of time in the waiting room on the Federation ship above Naboo.
And yeah, it's Star Wars.

Captain REX
You can hold your breath in space for 30 seconds. Then you explode.

Of course, this is Star Wars. You can hold your breath as long as is required by George Lucas.

Justice Pie
Originally posted by Captain REX
You can hold your breath in space for 30 seconds. Then you explode.

Of course, this is Star Wars. You can hold your breath as long as is required by George Lucas.
That's part of the job requirement.
"How long can you hold your breathe?"
"For as long as George requires me too."

melenor
yah.. i read alot and i read the movie book and he does not breath in normal sence

jerlark386
In star wars space theres air. Must be, because otherwise there would be no sound. smile

ApolloX
Originally posted by jerlark386
In star wars space theres air. Must be, because otherwise there would be no sound. smile
thats what i was also wondering.

The Ones
it is a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

adamrubin
thanks

adamrubin
i like your sig

the ones

chilled monkey
Grievous is able to seal his exoskeleton to protect his organic innards from a vacuum. It says so in the visual dictionary. He has a built-in oxygen supply.

PVS
what about his eyes? they should have been sucked right out of his skull. i agree with the poster, GG should have been dead.

chilled monkey
He can seal the exoskeleton. That includes eye protection.

Insomnia
You can survive in space for 30 seconds?
I'm pretty sure you'd freeze and/or explode way before that...

Your blood would start boiling too.

Stunrun
Originally posted by adamrubin
his chest pleate has his lungs showing and he does breath from the lungs so when he was in space in teh begining of the movie he should have died right away, right

yeh, ummmm.......i know the Star Wars saga was done backwords and everything, but have you watched Revenge Of The Sith backwords or what? his lungs were exposed when Obi-Wan...........exposed them........on Utapau? remember? which means they werent exposed beforeWhat the f**k? see where im going with this? LOL

Robin Darkside
He should have died, by freezing, and if not that, there is no pressure in space, he would have been crushed or exploded.

Insomnia
Originally posted by Stunrun
yeh, ummmm.......i know the Star Wars saga was done backwords and everything, but have you watched Revenge Of The Sith backwords or what? his lungs were exposed when Obi-Wan...........exposed them........on Utapau? remember? which means they werent exposed beforeWhat the f**k? see where im going with this? LOL

Look at a picture of Grevious. The plates cover the organs, but they aren't airtight, not in the slightest.

Stunrun
True, but Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine suffer for only a few seconds. Grievous is out in space only a few seconds longer, so it does seem possible he could also survive. Plus all of his enhancements might of helped too

Robin Darkside
absolutely doesn't make sense. George Lucas was on crack.

Darth Travizzle
wrong, his doid half could've had a breather for space.

Robin Darkside
his fregin organs were exposed

Swanky-Tuna
I'm sure his mechanical systems kept him alive and protected him partially from the radiation. It's not like you actually explode in space.

Ast Rofan
What does it matter, he still got what was coming to him. It is star wars, dont think about this shit, just enjoy the movie.

Anakin should have died on Mustafar, Obi should have sensed Ani in the elevator, ______ lost his lightsaber and used Anakin's, let these things go and enjoy the movie.

DarkYoda
Weren't they in Coruscant's upper atmosphere at that point? Still cold, but completely different than space. Because all of the air on the bridge would have been sucked out as well. Even if you seal the window on the bridge the way it did, there would be no time to pump air back in there that fast.

jerlark386
I'd rather not think of all the technical implications. There are lots of things in star wars that don't work out in real life. Take a lightsaber for instance, cornerstone part of the movie right? Light cannot abruptly end in a point like that.

Unless ofcourse the saber is not light and is a cascading plasma or electric field....

blah blah blah

Only a fanatic would care. Besides chances are you would'nt like the explanation anyway. Remember how the force was de-mystified?
Alot of people were dissappointed. Miti-chlorians? Sounds like some name GL ripped from 9th grade biology class or something.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Suspend your disbelief people, it's a movie. I just don't understand all these people that have to analyze every last mundane detail about a film. Especially a movie that is based in an entirely different galaxy and is total Sci-Fi.

I just don't understand how you can't see that Star wars is worth more than you.

smile

Sadako of Girth
Apparently Obi-wan would have considered temporary exposure to space as a possiblitily, flying a fighter with no shields, no helmet/space suit etc... Maybe they survived on the "Event Horizon" tactic of blowing all the air out of their lungs and being able to survive the Vacuum for the few seconds before the shutters slid into place over the broken window on the bridge...

Ushgarak
Well, the quoted figure of about 30 seconds to die in space is accurate; loose talk of people instantly exploding or- worse- freezing in space displays a weak grip of physics.

However, yes, we all know the answer to this, as given in many times, Science fact is secondary to drama in Star Wars, and a damn good thing too.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Weren't they in Coruscant's upper atmosphere at that point? Still cold, but completely different than space. Because all of the air on the bridge would have been sucked out as well. Even if you seal the window on the bridge the way it did, there would be no time to pump air back in there that fast.

DeVi| D0do
There should be no sound in space too... Gosh, George. Get it right. We want to see a completely realistic movie. And if that means no sound, so be it.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
There should be no sound in space too... Gosh, George. Get it right. We want to see a completely realistic movie. And if that means no sound, so be it.
So you want to see a realistic movie? Then don't watch Star Wars, it's anything but realistic.

Insomnia
He was being sarcastic.

PVS
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, the quoted figure of about 30 seconds to die in space is accurate; loose talk of people instantly exploding or- worse- freezing in space displays a weak grip of physics.

you also have to consider the sudden drop in pressure.

Darth_Rankkor
Where is this headed? Does this have a point?

PVS
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
Where is this headed? Does this have a point?

refer to the title of the thread messed

Darth_Rankkor
someone already said. It's star wars. fiction. enjoy the movie for what it is. Being realistic they all would have died when the window shatered, not only grieveous. Plus, there would be no movie because besides anakin love affair, all the rest is unreallistic

PVS
ok....but grievous should have died in space

stick out tongue

Darth_Rankkor
sick grieveous on space

b-dan
maby he can hold his breath for a long time hell he is a kaleesh warlord who knows what kind of traning he went threw

chilled monkey
As I've said before, he can seal his exoskeleton to protect himself from harsh environments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.