Scientologists are jerks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO

silver_tears
Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are supposedly into this laughing out loud

bilb
Isnt the important thing that these people are getting help?? Tehy can decide for themsel;ves what beliefs to have once things are returned to ' normal' (for lack of a much better word)

Vivien
I blame Bob Marley's death on Scientology, he broke his toe playing soccer and was told by Scientologists not to go to the hospital.
His broken toe got infected and a cancerous tumor started to grow in his foot, it spread to his brain thus killing the reggie legend.
Bloody Scientologists!!!

whirlysplat
When I wasa boy Scientologists used to come up to you on the Street in Brighton and try and to get you to go with them to there shop and buy L Ron Hubbards stupid bookss. Shit the richest pay them money and they tell them space aliens created us lmao.

an interesting link

http://www.xenu.net/

Tex
That article is outrageously biased and filled with attacks instead of facts.

SaTsuJiN
I just read the definition for scientology.. and it still doesnt make sense to me.. o_o.. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=scientology

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by bilb
Isnt the important thing that these people are getting help?? Tehy can decide for themsel;ves what beliefs to have once things are returned to ' normal' (for lack of a much better word)

yet you forget that in order to get said aid they had to convert to their religion...those people were suffering from the tsunami's and they came along like vultures on a battlefield swarming down when the battles over to devour the fallen and down trodden. if that isnt dishonorable then i dont what the hell is!

bilb
true that.. IF they did in fact make aid contingent on converting then it is indeed rephrensible

PVS
its been reported the certain other christian groups have done the same to tsunami victims (not all so no bitching please). some religious people can be very scummy. at least we can rest knowing that if there really is such a hell that they believe in, they will be roasting in it.

debbiejo
Many religions do that...It's called spreading the word along with doing good deeds...

bilb
Originally posted by debbiejo
Many religions do that...It's called spreading the word along with doing good deeds...

thats not quite accurate.. I mean you make it sound like EVERY kind act made by a Christian is contigent upon converting, which is very much not the case MOST of the time...

debbiejo
Originally posted by bilb
thats not quite accurate.. I mean you make it sound like EVERY kind act made by a Christian is contigent upon converting, which is very much not the case MOST of the time...

Not every religion of course...But many many do good works, helping feed the needy ...etc..and pass out lituature ...etc. Don't know much about the Catholics, but all the churches Iv'e ever attended that were protestant did do that..

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo

no, these particular groups told people that they would only give out food and supplies if they accepted christ. when they refused, they packed all the shit up and left. is that a good deed?

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
no, these particular groups told people that they would only give out food and supplies if they accepted christ. when they refused, they packed all the shit up and left. is that a good deed?

Nope, That's crap!

PVS
what sucks is i cant find the article, but even that was just hearsay, since the whole area was a clusterf***.

i think that even the act of trying to convert buhdists, muslems, and hindus when they are at their most desperate moment is pretty shitty.

debbiejo
Those were wolves in sheeps clothing...Get people when they're lowest..

TrAnCeDuO
yes

i think Medagama Dhammanda said it best.

as i said above those people were nothing but hungry vultures...they didnt care...all they wanted to do was to push their evil agenda.

hotsauce6548
Are they now...

Big Evil
Why do people hate Scientology? What's so differant from it then any other religon?

About the only religon and it's followers i've had a bad expeirence with was Mormans..

On the other hand: I have converted many of Catholics and a Mennonite to my brand of Satanism..\m/ evil face \m/

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Big Evil
Why do people hate Scientology? What's so differant from it then any other religon?

You mean aside from the obvious.............?

finti
.........and how those who tries to leave it is treated

debbiejo
I visited a reading room of theirs once. I'm kinda compulsive sometimes....just too curious.

@F1
John Travolta's a Scientologist, he based his movie, Battle Field Earth on his religion, which was a pile of poo, poo.

debbiejo
I guess it's a popular religion..Think it's based on some woman psychic or prophet.

Bardock42
John Travolta is a good actor though...

whirlysplat

Big Evil
Originally posted by @F1
John Travolta's a Scientologist, he based his movie, Battle Field Earth on his religion, which was a pile of poo, poo.
Was that the one where he looked like Rob Zombie?

I'll put it this way: That movie was better then any Star Trek crap.

MildPossession
It an interesting philosophy to read about, I have no problem with people who are into it, but when they start trying to push it onto you then I don't want to know. Same with any religion/philosophy branch in the world. As long as people don't force it on me, I don't mind what their beliefs are as long as no one is harmed.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
John Travolta is a good actor though...

if he has spent the last 30 years acting like a bad actor, then i agree

seriously though, if he wasnt a good dancer, he'd be selling insurance full time

@F1
Was that the one where he looked like Rob Zombie?

I'll put it this way: That movie was better then any Star Trek crap.

You must really dislike Startrek

Darth Revan

Because they tell people that Jesus will save them from illnesses. Then the people die. That's pretty shitty. no expression

debbiejo
Then they say if they die they didn't have enough faith or that their was some hidden sin or that it is gods will. Though I'm not sure they believe in sin..abstract sin maybe.

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Because they tell people that Jesus will save them from illnesses. Then the people die. That's pretty shitty. no expression

yeah thats quite a convenient excuse. if im not mistaken, didnt andy kaufmen also die from this garbage?

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS

They do realize that this practice goes completely against the Christian doctrine, right?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
if he has spent the last 30 years acting like a bad actor, then i agree

seriously though, if he wasnt a good dancer, he'd be selling insurance full time

What's wrong with the world...people think Nicholas Cage, but they don't like Travolta.....it's a pity.

WindDancer
I once visited the L. Ron Hubbard building in Hollywood years ago. And basically the staff provides a little tour of the building and you get to see a little museum dedicated to Hubbard. He was a fascinating man and very creative sci-fi writer. I think is a shame that hollywood celebs detoriate the philosophy of Hubbard's for personal gain. But then again we're talking about Hollywood Celebs so is pretty sad.

*cough*Tom Cruise*cough*

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Vivien
I blame Bob Marley's death on Scientology, he broke his toe playing soccer and was told by Scientologists not to go to the hospital.
His broken toe got infected and a cancerous tumor started to grow in his foot, it spread to his brain thus killing the reggie legend.
Bloody Scientologists!!!

Marley was a Rastafarian not a scientologist.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Marley was a Rastafarian not a scientologist.

big grin Kharma you are so dry laughing

whirlysplat
With all due respect Windancer Hubbard was a conman and a loon. His Audit idea instead of teaching is his most damaging idea. Originally posted by WindDancer
I once visited the L. Ron Hubbard building in Hollywood years ago. And basically the staff provides a little tour of the building and you get to see a little museum dedicated to Hubbard. He was a fascinating man and very creative sci-fi writer. I think is a shame that hollywood celebs detoriate the philosophy of Hubbard's for personal gain. But then again we're talking about Hollywood Celebs so is pretty sad.

*cough*Tom Cruise*cough*

Bardock42
Originally posted by WindDancer

*cough*Tom Cruise*cough*

Anything famous?

Bardock42
Wait I checked on him and something says he wrote Battelfield Earth...well I didn't read it...but I heard the movie sucked ...

WindDancer
Originally posted by whirlysplat
With all due respect Windancer Hubbard was a conman and a loon. His Audit idea instead of teaching is his most damaging idea.

Oh of course the man had his flaws. No doubt about it. But he was a good writter and had a interesting lifestyle.

Nah, just a bunch of fanatics.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Bardock42
Wait I checked on him and something says he wrote Battelfield Earth...well I didn't read it...but I heard the movie sucked ...

Oh it sucked, Bardock...

It sucked like a newly formed black hole told that if it sucked harder than anything had previously sucked before, with the full usage of its highly respected sucking capability that it could go back to being a nice happy star again.... yes

It truly was the Dyson vacuum cleaner of the movies as vacuums world.

Youve seen Hitchhikers guide haven't you...?

Well it was the equivalent in movie terms of Vogon poetry...
...People have only survived watching it by gnawing off their own left leg.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Oh it sucked, Bardock...

It sucked like a newly formed black hole told that if it sucked harder than anything had previously sucked before, with the full usage of its highly respected sucking capability that it could go back to being a nice happy star again.... yes

It truly was the Dyson vacuum cleaner of the movies as vacuums world.

Hmm very sucky then

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.. yes

I challenge you to watch it and not internally hemorrhage.

Bardock42
Indeed.. yes

I challenge you to watch it and not internally hemorrhage.

What is it about?

Sadako of Girth
Mankind having been enslaved by second rate klingons some of which want our gold and stuff and mankind learning to read up on how to use our nuclear weapons and nuke them, if memory serves...

...And the concept was totally coshed over the head and left to die in some dank basement somewhere by the laughable script, acting, direction and sanctamonious overbearingly preachey tone throughout.

And John Travolta makes you laugh/spew blood soaked vomit unintentionally by slipping from afformentioned second rate Klingon into the guy from Face off/Broken Arrow/Pulp Fiction at regular intervals.....

The definitive career low for Travolta...

Here is the first review/synopsis i just found on a search for your enjoyment.
I'm totally unsurprised by the reactions there....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185183/

Bardock42
Hmm sad......I like Travolta.....

Sadako of Girth
Well he HAS been in some great movies over the years for sure... smile

But THIS stinks WAY worse than any Travolta fan such as yourself should ever have to experience.....

It goes to show.... Great movie with shit actors= You get away with it.

Shit movie with even the greatest actor= Still as shit movie and it tarnishes that actor.... Besmirching their good name for ever...

KharmaDog
Besmirching

Now there's a word you don't hear enough nowadays.

ariwin
best. word. ever.

well, almost as good as scientology. man those people are freaks.

manjaro
scientologists are complete jack bags dude. they dont believe in modern medicine or anything like that, in fact they have thier own hospitals and shit ,and the real funny thing is most of the celebrities involved have some form of surgery or another....so much for not believing in modern medicine. Tom cruise and his new chick wont last cuz he's managed to chase off every chick he's ever been involved with ...sake of scientology. Nicole kidman stuck with him cuz she loved him, but she wanted to raise her kids christian so he got rid of her, and penelope cruz got chased off the same way cuz she refused to choose him and his bullshit beliefs over her catholic faith(which is arguably the biggest thing in Mexico, where she'd from)

so he picked himself up with this young impressionable easily molded chick and got her in it too. a girl who is 26 BTW, who despite being in serious realtionships with a number of actors since she broke into showbiz, one of which resulted in a long engagment still maintains that she's a virgin, yeah right....you dumbass b *****

manjaro
i wish i could be taken seriously as that hubbard guy tho. i could be like hmmmm, im a failed hollywood screenwriter......i know what i'll do......i'll create my own religion,, and get celebrites as my spokepersons.........this is gonna be sweeet.

Morgoths_Wrath
I wouldn't follow any religion founded by a science fiction novelist o.O

f**k L. Ron Hubbard and f**k all his clones

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
I wouldn't follow any religion founded by a science fiction novelist o.O

f**k L. Ron Hubbard and f**k all his clones

Oh by all means I would.....just not this one

periera
Originally posted by Vivien
Bloody Scientologists!!!

I don't care much for Scientology either, but if you break your toe it's kind of pointless to go to the doctor because there's not much that can be done for it. At least that's what I've been told, anyway.

wuTa
dont knock my religion you bastards!!!!!! alien

periera
yeah well, you ARE a Pistons fan, I wouldn't put anything past you. stick out tongue

wuTa
laughing BURN!!!!

the spurs have been playing like a bunch of scientologists lately, but with the way there playing they could use all the help they can get alien.....big game tomorrow periera...i hope your boys show up!!!! smile

periera
Bring it!! My boys are gonna OWN your boys!!!

Bardock42
I think the lakers take it laughing ............. no seriously they bend the rules the spurs and pistons get disqualified and the Lakers get it...........

periera
Normally, I would agree with you. But this season the Lakers have sucked......MAJORLY.

Bardock42
Originally posted by periera
Normally, I would agree with you. But this season the Lakers have sucked......MAJORLY.

Yes I am aware of this....I hate the Lakers no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.