Do You Think White Noises Are From The Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RavenSDL
After Seeing the film white noise does anyone believe it could happen in real?

debbiejo
Sorry, didn't see it. But the dead are around anyway..They're just veryyyy quiet.

BlackC@t
They're not quiet in a haunted house.

What do you mean could it really happen? EVP is a true phoenomena, not just something made up for the purpose of the movie.

hotsauce6548
Well, I, for one, do not believe in white noise.

I think it's dumb and exaggerated. smile

BlackC@t
Mind telling us why?

Storm
The interpretation of such recordings is often highly subjective, and may differ from listener to listener. Some listeners may hear nothing at all, while others report hearing specific phrases or sentences.
I' m inclined to say that EVP is the product of our brain, aided by the strong emotional desire to make contact with the dead.

Magee
Originally posted by Storm
The interpretation of such recordings is often highly subjective, and may differ from listener to listener. Some listeners may hear nothing at all, while others report hearing specific phrases or sentences.
I' m inclined to say that EVP is the product of our brain, aided by the strong emotional desire to make contact with the dead. Agree. I was watching a program on discovery about this and came to the conclusion that it's complete bullshit. Half the time you can't hear anything, the other half you hear something which could really be a million things. Then the rare few which are not so explainable need to put whats said in subtitles. Without them there would be know way of us knowing what was said. Its like the subtitles influence you, thinking well it did sound like "I'm going to kill you" stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
white noise is the same as people saying that playing led zeppelin records backwards reveal satanic incantations. I think you just hear and see what you want to.

debbiejo
And the Beatles backwards? Sorry though didn't see the movie.

hotsauce6548
I agree with the last three or four posts. smile

Big Evil
I think the white noises are from your mom.

RavenSDL
big noise is that really suitable for this topic it is high inmature

BlackC@t
People imagining the voices? Whatever!

Me and my friends were listening to a bunch of EVPs' and we all heard the same thing. People aren't imagining it! You'll have to come up with something better then that.

Darth Revan
You and your friends heard the same thing because you WANTED to hear the same thing. If you look long enough for anything, you'll find it, it just won't always be real.

*refrains from giving boring explanation about white noise being sound cancelled out by destructive interference* big grin

BlackC@t
Some people can be so stupid. Sometimes I think about leaving KMC and joining another board because the people here are so nieve and believe what they want to believe.

There have been EVP conventions and people all hear the same thing during sessions.

You aren't basing your statement on facts or proof, you're just believing what you want to believe. That's just ****en stupid. Have some sense.

People aren't 'imagining' hearing the voices of the dead on tape. I swear, a three year-old could put up a better agrument.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Darth Revan

*refrains from giving boring explanation about white noise being sound cancelled out by destructive interference* big grin

Oh my ****en God rolleyes1

When people do EVPs' they clean up their tapes using equipment. That cancels out all the destructive interference. Got any other bullshit to throw? I'm warning you, when it comes to ghosts I know my stuff wink

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Big Evil
I think the white noises are from your mom.

Why does KMC always attract a bunch of immature 13 year-olds? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Revan

Filth
Yeah I think white noises could be from the dead.

debbiejo
I don't know about white noise, but...there are spirits around and some hear them.

Zilem
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Oh my ****en God rolleyes1

When people do EVPs' they clean up their tapes using equipment. That cancels out all the destructive interference. Got any other bullshit to throw? I'm warning you, when it comes to ghosts I know my stuff wink

!!!ha!!!!!!!!!!! Ghost i think are just a brech of imagination of sombodyies mind

Zilem
Why does KMC always attract a bunch of immature 13 year-olds? roll eyes (sarcastic)

now what kind of stupid question is that im 14 and im not immature im probably moe mature than youll ever be, so i reccomand you restate that quote, cause thats being immature yourself!!

Zilem
Originally posted by debbiejo
I don't know about white noise, but...there are spirits around and some hear them.

now spirits i belive but ghost no, they are 2 very different things as well somone want to argue about it lol?

Darth Revan
None of the above three posts made any sense. Blackc@t wasn't even talking to you. I swear, my dog is more coherent. no expression

BlackC@t
I have been to an EVP convention. There are no excuses for type A EVPs, everyone can hear those.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm off to get my Paranormal Investigating friends in here to explain everything. The white noises are extremly clear, there's no way that it's just interference.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Zilem
now what kind of stupid question is that im 14 and im not immature im probably moe mature than youll ever be, so i reccomand you restate that quote, cause thats being immature yourself!!

I'm not even going to waste my time, I suggest you just leave no expression

oldfarley
to all the naysayers out there, google "anabela cardoso"
thats all I have to say, kaput.

Darth Revan
I have been to an EVP convention. There are no excuses for type A EVPs, everyone can hear those.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm off to get my Paranormal Investigating friends in here to explain everything. The white noises are extremly clear, there's no way that it's just interference.

Did you even READ my last post? I'll explain again since you seem to have ignored it.

I was being a smart-aleck and joking about how the dictionary definition of white noise is noise that cancels itself out due to total destructive interference... Which took plenty long to explain last time and you can still go see if you don't want to continue making a fool of yourself over an unimportant joke. Hence, the correct term for dead people talking through electronic devices is not "white noise," but EVP.

Like I said before, I still don't know if I can believe some random person on the internet that they've heard dead people talking to them through their headphones. Or that they've been to an EVP convention. Or that these even exist, for that matter... Until you provide some actual documentation of your experiences, you're not putting up a very good argument.

You have your opinions, I have mine.

FeceMan
Some people can be so stupid. Sometimes I think about leaving KMC and joining another board because the people here are so nieve and believe what they want to believe.

There have been EVP conventions and people all hear the same thing during sessions.

You aren't basing your statement on facts or proof, you're just believing what you want to believe. That's just ****en stupid. Have some sense.

People aren't 'imagining' hearing the voices of the dead on tape. I swear, a three year-old could put up a better agrument.
Having participated in experiment similar to listening to white noise...yeah, you heard what you wanted to hear. Or someone suggested something and you heard it. The power of suggestion > the unbiased mind.

Fire
could be true, but I highly doubt it.

People hear what they want to hear if they try hard enough.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Fire
could be true, but I highly doubt it.

People hear what they want to hear if they try hard enough.
Exactly.

debbiejo
I believe there are things that many can't hear....and some extra sensitive people can...Dogs hear what we can't, so do insects..the list can go on and on...

Darth Revan
Dogs hear at higher and lower frequencies that we can, as well as softer volumes, the same is true of people who are said to have exceptionally good hearing. Such an ability wouldn't make you better equipped to understand something more clearly.

BlackC@t
Feceman: I swear my IQ almost dropped while reading your post no expression

Revan: If you want a little more convincing, I can provide a website with some great EVPs'. I'm sure the thread maker meant EVPs', they just didn't know that they were given the name 'EVPs'.

periera
That movie pissed me off for the following reasons:

1. It sucked
2. There is an actual phenomenon called After Death Communication. A lot of the stuff that Keaton experienced in the movie was akin to a lot of the ADC experiences that are written about in the book "Hello From Heaven!" (Seems kinda cheesy, but it's actually a good read). However, in the book there are no big scary bad ghosts that try to kill/harm the living. (Especially not by flying through them, that was SO ****ing lame.)

I don't know much about EVPs, as far as I know of they very well could exist. However, I feel that "White Noise" was a horrible representation of anything paranormal.

Shitty, shitty movie. Too bad I can't get that hour and a half + of my life back.

Darth Revan
Feceman: I swear my IQ almost dropped while reading your post no expression

Revan: If you want a little more convincing, I can provide a website with some great EVPs'. I'm sure the thread maker meant EVPs', they just didn't know that they were given the name 'EVPs'.

What was wrong with FeceMan's post? confused

Yeah, I know that. Jesus, I didn't think I would have to explain that I was making a joke. roll eyes (sarcastic)

joeykangaroo
nah the film wernt that good.. i dont really believe you can record the voices...i know if you could id be a bit freaked out confused

AngelGirl
i thought da film was cool! we watched it at my sleep over n me friends got anoyed with me cuz i keeped on jumpin

joeykangaroo
lol white noise is werid because it the time you dont get where the story line is going....and i cant remember the ending. the last thing that make me jump was the grudge....oh and when a moth was on me

BlackC@t
Feceman said "People hear what they want to hear," that's only when people are arrogant and don't want to believe in something.

Thousands of people hear the dead speaking on EVPs'. I'll post a website where there are some EVPs' you can listen to, and they are not made up, I know the creators of the website.

http://www.theshadowlands.net/ghostwav.htm Don't forget to listen to the ones of page two, enjoy wink

periera
Feceman said "People hear what they want to hear," that's only when people are arrogant and don't want to believe in something.

Actually, that's something quite commonly referred to as "mob mentality."

Darth Revan

Funny how you say "believe in" rather than just "believe"...

But in any case, I don't see what's so ridiculous about that. It's very true, and it's been said many times before in this thread so I don't see why you jumped on FeceMan all of a sudden. If you spend long enough looking for something that you truly believe exists, you'll find it, whether it exists or not.

BlackC@t
...Huh? confused...

BlackC@t
Ah-ha! I've found more evidence to support my statement!

You said EVPs' are probably just interference. A human voice is not capable of making a sound below 300Hz, neither is interference, yet when an EVP is recorded and tested the sound is below 300Hz and it's a humans voice. So how could it be 'interference' if it's not possible for interference to be measured below 300Hzs?

WoNgArOo
there are loads of different theories for White Noise. has anyone seen the film The Mothman Prophecies? that's a crazy theory!!! big grin

BlackC@t
You've all got it wrong!

White Noise is the staticy noise, 'EVPs' are the dead people talking.

Not white noise, 'EVPs.'

BlackC@t
What is your view on EVP? Do you really believe it is voices of the dead?

I do. A lot of skeptics believe it's interference, but they have machines that pick up and remove interference so why doesn't the machine remove the voice if it is just interference?

Others says it's just sound that makes you think it's actually a voice. But what about the really clear ones? (Class A) They're too clear to think they're just sound.

Here's a great web-site with some very clear EVPs: http://www.alabamaparanormal.org/evp.htm

BackFire
I don't think it's dead people, that's for sure. Who know's what it is? Maybe it's alien life forms who are invisible screwing around with us. Or maybe it is dead people, or maybe it is just some funky static that is making a sound similar to a voice. Dunno, and frankly, I don't really care.

BlackC@t
Nothing's for sure, hun wink

Sir Mist
I think I feel stupider after clicking that linkno expression

Sir Mist
Ask the spirits of the dead for permission to take their pictures.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Ok, next time I go off to take photos of a ghost, Ill make sure to ask it if it will mindroll eyes (sarcastic)

Did I read before that an EVP cant be heard by humans? So...if I ask...how am I supposed to know the answer? wanker

Lame.no expression

darktim1
I heard some really clear evp's ones on ghost hunters on the scifi channel. One of them said they don't want us here. And another on battle ship North Carolina when in one of the shower rooms a voice said the sailors were here.

BlackC@t
Sir Mist, on tape they're able to be heard easily.

Ther reason we don't hear them is because since ghosts have no psychial vocal cords, they manipulate the electro magentic energy into sound waves, Which we do not pick up on but audio recorders do.

Why do you feel stupider for clicking on the link? keep an open mind. Don't get so arrogant and nieve that you think it's all a bunch of BS.

Spelljammer
Speaking of white noise, who's responsible for this necromancy?

Anyways, yes, white noise is real, not very realiable, but it's real. Being beings of energy, it could be fairly easy to communicate through radio waves. But the problem is deciphering through the static. And even if there is no static there's still electromagnetic waves running through your radio so the message could become distorted. I'm in no position to tell you how much but from exprience, white noise isn't a very good tool for divination..

I've been told things that could become very useful sometime in the future.. I've discovered that given the oppurtunity, sense our brains pick up on radio waves, if i could get ahold of a human brain, I could tighten the veins inorder to strengthen frequincy feedback, and turn it into an organic radio.. only $3.95.. stick out tongue

BackFire
Sir Mist, on tape they're able to be heard easily.

Ther reason we don't hear them is because since ghosts have no psychial vocal cords, they manipulate the electro magentic energy into sound waves, Which we do not pick up on but audio recorders do.

Why do you feel stupider for clicking on the link? keep an open mind. Don't get so arrogant and nieve that you think it's all a bunch of BS.

This raises an interesting question.

If they can't speak without a vocal cord, the physical organ that allows speech, then how are they even concious, how do they even recognize words or people, how do they think and react without a brain? The brain is what allows creatures to think and be concious, spirits don't have that, so how do they do this?

BlackC@t
Ghosts are souls. How do you know that our soul is not responsible for our thoughts?

Storm
Every culture in the world carries stories about ghosts, but they vary across time and place, with disagreements both as to what ghosts are and whether they are hallucinations or a part of nature.

Ushgarak
Ghosts are souls. How do you know that our soul is not responsible for our thoughts?

Well, we have a considerable amount of evidence that it is the brain, so unless you can prove to a better standard that it is the soul, it is a waste of time to think like that (seeing as you cannot even prove a soul exists).

And there is a difference between having an open mind and credulously believing in nonsense.

Lana
I think the whole theory is garbage.

And BlackCat, all through this thread you've accused people of believe what they want to believe -- yet it's you that's doing just that. Pot, meet kettle.

nitro-swicked
yes it happened to me. it happened about 1 year ago. me and my mate were making a take i was on the microphone and he was on the decks well we started the tape and then we finished it. we had a listen and at first i thought that it was a song. my mate was like thats no song thats a ****en little girls voice. i was like ur full of shit after about 5 attempts of trying to figure out what it was saying and we got:

argh no john no please let me go. we found out later that a little girl had been murdered in my room sad

BlackC@t
I'm not saying I think ghosts exist just for the Hell of it, I'm saying it because of things I've experienced.

When ghosts call our names, they commmunicate with us through means of psychic use. Perhaps they do have brains afterall.

BlackC@t
How do we know that the mind and soul are not the same? What if they are?

What if the brain is just 'the engine'?

Ushgarak
Without the existance of the soul having been proven, or even evidenced, the question is futile.

BlackC@t
Unless you have experienced ghostly activity.

I've heard a lot of stories about deceased relatives calling up their relatives over a phone. Their voice sounded very staticy and far away.

How do you explain things like that?

Great Vengeance
I agree with ushgarak.

BlackC@t
Thank you for that very useless post.

Mind telling us why you agree? smile

BlackC@t
Just to clarify, white noises are the staticy noises you hear.

Evp is what the poster really means.

Sir Mist

I've heard a lot of stories about deceased relatives calling up their relatives over a phone. Their voice sounded very staticy and far away.

I explain it like this:

I've heard a lot of stories

Thank you for that very useless post.

Mind telling us why you agree? smile

Uhh...because its never been proven...just as Ush said blink

BlackC@t
...blink Huh?

Sorry, you're confusing me erm

Ushgarak

Simple- that's hearsay. You haven't proved that has happened so it isa irrelevant. If it happens under controlled or truly observable coniditons then you can make a case.

mr.smiley
I agree with Blackcat on this for the most part.While some Evps are hard to hear and you can interpert them a number of ways,I've also herd a few which are very distinct.

BlackC@t
Thank you, Mr Smiley smile

I have posted a website somewhere on this page or the previous with some very distinct EVPs.

Ushgarak
So what? That's still just hearsay. I could post a picture of a ghost, doesn't prove that ghosts exist, simply that I have a picture. That could have been created in a hundred different ways- and many have been so faked over time.

If it's not being proven in a controlled environment, it's not been proven at all.

mr.smiley
Yes,but I was clarifying the sound of some of these evps.People where posting they couldn't be distinquished and you could make them out to be anything.I simply said their are very clear evps out their and never tried to say they were authentic.

BlackC@t
Exactly!

Miss_Faye
Anything is possible, there are alot of things left unanswer and this case maybe this is it. I'm not saying I do believe and it and I'm not saying I don't. You just gotta keep an open mind on these things.

By the way the movie sucked horribly. I regret ever spending my 9 bucks on that p.o.c. !

Ushgarak
I'll repeat again- having an open mind does not equate to believing spurious nonsense. Without evidence, an open mind is irrelevant. The open mind is open to exactly that- evidence. Not simply rumour, because a rumour has no value.

mr.smiley
True.But not to long ago it was rumored that their where dragons on a little island and no body belived it until a little explorer went their and discoverd what we now know as Comodo Dragons.He did this all on fables and stories and it was true.I think while most rumors and legends are false we should still look into them because we never know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.