what do you think? who is (was) the mightiest avenger ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
what do you think? who is (was) the mightiest avenger ever?

also retired ones included

long pig
Thor, he could own every other Avenger in a one on one.

Wanderer259
Captain America. He is the mortal that gods defer to.

Have you ever read the Earth X series of stories? I believe it was the second one that had the war in the afterlife. When all the heroes stood on top of a ridge over-looking Death's throne and Thanos, they all stood there until Captain America lifted his shield into the air, one-armed, without a single sound. Then they charged. It was an extremely inspiring panel and has become one of my most favorite moments of comic book history.

And that right there is why Cap, to me, is the mightiest.

long pig
Ah, you sentimental old goat. That was pretty cool now that I think about it.

Flame Alchemist
is any here

colossus17
this is not a VS. battle

spider310
I think THOR is one of the best but IRON MAN and CAPTAIN
AMERICA those three are todays but keep THOR and IRON MAN and
then and in the HULK as the older avengers on till #3
when HULK quit the AVENGERS and then became a DEFENDER
then CAPTAIN AMERICA came into the AVENGERS on #4

long pig
He's right.
Although I did get caught up in the moment of Captian America's total awesomeness.

Not a VS fight, unless you'd like to change the topic to "Avenger vs Avenger".

leonidas
isn't sentry supposed to be the toughest. i know the jury is still out, but maybe. thor is overall likely the toughest, though jan (the wasp) said herself that hercules was the strongest avenger that had ever been on the team! go herc!!

spider310
the HULK had to be the strongest on the AVENGER ever
even though he was only on the AVENGERS for 2 issues

EvilCap America
1 Thor-Thats what hes made for
2 Herc-Almost Thor w/o Hammer
3 Ironman-Loads of power combined with intelligence and adaptability
4 Captain America-Because hes figgan Cap A and he can whip Batman
5 Badly written Wolverine Grr grr take that Galactus bub

whirlysplat
Thor, Herc, Gilgamesh for Raw power
Cap for reasons stated big grin

Scoobless
Scarlet Witch during Disassembled was pretty freakin' powerful (damn mutie upgrades)

Tough Guy
hulks the most powerful ever end of story

armandovalles
Captain Marvel is the one true Avenger in my opinion. Then comes Genis-Vell, then Thor.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tough Guy
hulks the most powerful ever end of story

no.... he's one of the strongest no doubt... but not the most powerful... Thor is more powerful, so is Scarlet Witch it seems... wasn't Dr Strange an Avenger at one point?

armandovalles
no, Doc Strange was a defender.

The physically strongest ever, yes, is the Hulk. But the most powerful ever is easily Genis-Vell. He took out King Thor for God's sake!

spider310
First Dr.Strange was never an Avenger
Second my father thinks VISION is the best
because of what he could do.

DigiMark007
If we're being technical, it's probably Sentry or the newly upgraded Scarlet Witch.

Other than that, Hulk had the most strength, and Thor was probably the best all-around. Genis would be up there too...though during his Avengers run I don't think he was ever written at "King-Thor-beating" level.

-DM

whirlysplat
Sersi was pretty powerful big grin

armandovalles
Originally posted by DigiMark007
If we're being technical, it's probably Sentry or the newly upgraded Scarlet Witch.

Other than that, Hulk had the most strength, and Thor was probably the best all-around. Genis would be up there too...though during his Avengers run I don't think he was ever written at "King-Thor-beating" level.

-DM

No, in the Captain Marvel Vol. 3 (or vol. 4 maybe, i forgot which one, sry) in the 2-parter called Gods and Monsters Genis-Vell did actually beat down King Thor. It happenned.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by armandovalles
No, in the Captain Marvel Vol. 3 (or vol. 4 maybe, i forgot which one, sry) in the 2-parter called Gods and Monsters Genis-Vell did actually beat down King Thor. It happenned.

I dont think hes disputing that. I think hes saying that while he was in the avengers roster Captain Marvel wasnt at King Thor beating level.

Sentry
Originally posted by armandovalles

#7 & #8.

kgkg
i say Thor god of Thunder.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I dont think hes disputing that. I think hes saying that while he was in the avengers roster Captain Marvel wasnt at King Thor beating level.

Right.

armandovalles
Overall, the mightiest in my opinion was Captain Mar-Vell, who gave his life to dave the earth. Then comes his son, Genis-Vell, then either Thor or Hercules.

manjaro
thor, hulk ,herc, Scarlet witch,Namor

DrDoom
Sentry or ol' crazy ass Wanda.

Honorable mentions:

1)crazy ass Genis
2)Thor
3)Da Prince of Powah!
4)Hulk
5)Sersi
6)Iron Man
7)Invisible Woman
8)The Avenging son

CorderaMitchell
Thor.........

Tough Guy
hulk, he was the best , too out onaughts armour remember, they al knew the daddy then

Zahit
Thor.

booper
Thor

DigiMark007
Posh

The King of All
captain america

CaptainStoic
The Toughest Avenger in my opinion and based on Stats of upper strength would be....
1)The Beyonder (was once an Avenger)
2) The Sentry
3) The Hulk (Potential)
4) Thor
5) Hercules (Immortal form) and Gilgamesh tie
6) She Hulk (previously the number six position belonged to Wonderman)
7) Wonderman
8) Iron Man
9) Namor
10) Vision

CaptainStoic
The Toughest Avenger in my opinion and based on Stats of upper strength would be....
1)The Beyonder (was once an Avenger)
2) The Sentry
3) The Hulk (Potential)
4) Thor
5) Hercules (Immortal form) and Gilgamesh tie
6) She Hulk (previously the number six position belonged to Wonderman)
7) Wonderman
8) Iron Man
9) Namor
10) Vision

CaptainStoic
Sorry for posting twice I had problems with my connection

nathan summers
Black Panther. He played them. He started out as an Avenger to gather intel on them and to assess the threat they would/could pose to Wakanda. And they didn't even realize that he'd done so. T'Challa's P.I.M.P. wink

Marcus4600
Thor

roughrider
Even if Hulk or Hercules have a slight edge in raw strength, Thor has the best combination of atributes. Super Strength, Speed, Flight, hugely powerful energy projection, wielding one of the greatest weapons in the Marvel Universe, great toughness and fighting skills. And, his mind is clear; not a jangle of nerves like Sentry. It's why he's held a position in the Avengers like Superman has done with the JLA.

Etrigan
Thor.... if we are talking strongest.

If we are talking the one that everyone sees as the leader, the one that will always be above them in rank, the one with the best resources and the most fame....

Cap.

Tony Stark
Asgardian Armored Iron man...

DA...DA...DA...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

willRules
Beast stick out tongue

batdude123
Sentry.

Thunderstrike
Looking like King Thor right now, though we all know Betzague thinks it's Hulk.

DigiMark007
King Thor isn't an Avenger....only regular Thor was. Nice try though TS.... stick out tongue

DigiMark007
I also like how armando had us believing Genis beat King Thor on the first couple pages...you can get away with murder for your favorite character until the right scans pop up.

I still think either Wanda at the time of Disassembled or Sentry/Thor. There might be some other chic picks, but those seem the most sensible.

badabing
Wolverine. He has adamantium and healing factor.

ScarletSpider
Captain Mar-Vell was only ever an Avengers associate. He became an honorary Avenger posthumously. In the same manner Genis-Vell has only helped the Avengers out from time to time. Yes, in the Busiekian future, he's an Avenger, but at the moment he's not, and is dead, so he cannot be an Avenger. I will also not be taking the Hulk into account since he was removed outright from their roster and had Captain America placed retroactively in his stead as a "founder." Doctor Strange has never been an Avenger, he's helped out a couple times, but is one of the few people to outright turn down membership.

I'm going with
1) Thor
2) Wonderman
3) Gilgamesh
4) Quasar
5) Iron Man--now with his new upgrades he might be closer to the top, but we haven't seen how those upgrades come into play during Avengers battles, so I'll refrain from judging those.
6) Warbird/Ms. Marvel (as Binary she would be much higher of course)
7) Vision

That's just a quick list form off the top of my head. For that I was just taking into account basic super powers. Stuff like reality altering Wanda and the wildly powerful Sersi I didn't bother to rate, but let it be known they are up there. Also, Sentry is probably very high on the list, but considering the jackshit he's done as an Avenger so far, I didn't bother trying to rate him. Namor should probably be on there too, but he was an Avenger for all of five minutes.

And I know there are inconsistencies in my list, but whatever.

juggernaut66666
thor is the man

GodofThunder
Thor in my opinion all around tough guy

ScarletSpider
I forgot D-Man! Dammit!

FOOM
They don't call him the mighty Thor f'r nothin'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.