Terry Borgard vs. Scorpion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
I hope you guys know something about KOF. big grin Terry is my favorite character in that series. Who wins? big grin

SaTsuJiN
its "Terry Bogard"... also, it would help a bit if you stated which terry and which scorpion smile

dvampire
How about 2003 Terry vs. Deception Scorpion. I want them at there best. big grin

CorderaMitchell
I'm not sure terry has more powerful attacks persay, but scorpion has better maneuverability and lethal attacks, I'll come back to you.

Creshosk
Scorpion, As much as I like Terry. . .

"Get over here!"

CorderaMitchell
"Come here!"

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
"Come here!" What ever it is, Harpoon through chest is not fun. . .

Of course then again there is that whole stint against the god of mars that Terry did. . . hmm . .

SaTsuJiN
heh.. if he threw the spear terry could duck it into a power geyser

dvampire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
heh.. if he threw the spear terry could duck it into a power geyser

laughing out loud laughing out loud Truth is I think Terry would win. He fights people who can deflect a city destorying blast with there hands (Takuma did this, he came from AOF to KOF; like Terry coming from FF). smile

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
What ever it is, Harpoon through chest is not fun. . .

Of course then again there is that whole stint against the god of mars that Terry did. . . hmm . .

no he said both, in the mk version 1, when you entered the blood code, he changed from come here to get over here.

CorderaMitchell
" Are you okay?!! Buster Wolf!!!

Creshosk
heh.. if he threw the spear terry could duck it into a power geyser Yeah, And he did take on the god of mars in his anime.

Scorpion is probably beaten here.

CorderaMitchell
lol

SaTsuJiN
http://www.midianweb.it/gif/garou_markofthewolves/terry_bogard/04.gif

CorderaMitchell
Buster Wolf!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
definitely terry...especially after the anime movie when he owns some guy made out of pure energy.

Hooverman
oh yeah i forgot about that

CorderaMitchell
he did do that didn't he

Creshosk
That was the god of Mars, that I've been talking about.

CorderaMitchell
yes it was.

LeAtHerRFace
Come its the classic "scorpion". Bogard will definitely put up a good fight.. but Scorpion would win (weapons, fatalities, spear, etc.)

Creshosk
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
Come its the classic "scorpion". Bogard will definitely put up a good fight.. but Scorpion would win (weapons, fatalities, spear, etc.) How can scorpion beat someone who bested the god of mars?

Go watch Fatal Fury the motion picture.

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/anime/ff_movie.jpg

dvampire
And that was back in Fatal Fury. Terry is way more powerful then he was back than. smile

CorderaMitchell
yea, the improvements of those kind of characters are significant beyond belief.

LeAtHerRFace
How can scorpion beat someone who bested the god of mars?

Actually Im not someone who just gives no-brainer answers without knowledge...
I own all three Fatal Fury Movies on dvd.
But going through Scorpions history of movies, games, shows, and comics... Scorpion would come up on top.

dvampire
Actually Im not someone who just gives no-brainer answers without knowledge...
I own all three Fatal Fury Movies on dvd.
But going through Scorpions history of movies, games, shows, and comics... Scorpion would come up on top.

But do you know about Terry Borgard. Terry been in all the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters (94-2003) video games. He fought way more powerful opponents. smile

CorderaMitchell
Scorpion is great, but by his traditional moves terry, just outshines him.

LeAtHerRFace
Scorpion can upgrade if you havent read the comics... he is FAR more superior

dvampire
Scorpion can upgrade if you havent read the comics... he is FAR more superior

Terry fights god like beings all the time. If you remeber in the anime Terry was taking blows from a being made out of energy (god of war). Geese Raising Storm technique was powerful enough to level a forest. Terry is fighting people like Orochi (a god), Rugal (Omega Rugal with Orochi power), Igniz who is very powerful, Mukai (a god like being that haves the power of stone), Kyo, Iori, and countless others. Scorpion is just out of his league. smile

CorderaMitchell
Scorpion was champion of the gods in MKD but other than that he wouldn't do too much, he is great, but he would have the greatest chance of winning in the netherworld

LeAtHerRFace
sad aw its just because I like Scorpion better... but oh well I was seeing when youd say that ^^

CorderaMitchell
I post less and less after lengthy debates in multiple forums,lol, see my posts in the MKvsSFvsKI thread

Sin_Volvagia
Terry Bogard beats the hell out of the MK universe.

Evil Ryu
How can scorpion beat someone who bested the god of mars?

By reminding him that he is kof 2k3 Terry and not anime Terry.

Scorpion stomps. He is a bloodthirsty revenge fueled ninja specter from the depths of hell for crying out loud. Besides his killing techniques and weapons, he can also use teleportation and illusions, but more importantly, he is a flame user who actually HAS proved he can quickly incinerate people with his flames like he did with the original Sub Zero. In his MK4 ending, he actually lifted Quan Chi with telekinesis and made him explode with a single energy ball.

Also, the MK universe is filled with mutants, half man half dragon monsters, killing machines, reptilian abominations, sorcerers, gods, demos, zombies, etc. Terry would get his ass kicked on a daily basis there.

Toasty.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Evil Ryu

Scorpion stomps. He is a bloodthirsty revenge fueled ninja specter from the depths of hell for crying out loud. Besides his killing techniques and weapons, he can also use teleportation and illusions, but more importantly, he is a flame user who actually HAS proved he can quickly incinerate people with his flames like he did with the original Sub Zero.

no expression That's all? Terry Bogard can easily overturn cars and trucks, defeated a group of NESTS soldiers, and defeated opponents way over Liu Kang's league. His Power Geyser KO'd Wolfgang Krauser (a fighter that even Geese Howard fears) in one shot.

All Scorpion has done was kill the original Sub-zero and send Quan Chi to Hell. He got his ass handed to two Oni.

I don't know what game you were playing but the Scorpion's MK4 ending shows Scorpion sending Quan Chi to the Netherrealm.

Yet some Bruce Lee wannabe can survive through that? laughing You might want to check out the SNK universe because much of the fighters would completely waste all of MK. Just look at the bosses of Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. Mukai alone makes most of MK look absolutely pathetic.

Ridley_Prime
This thread is stupid and shouldn't have been bumped.

Phanteros
Motion picture is non cannon.

Evil Ryu
Oh don't say that... you gonna hurt the thread starter's feelings. Truth is, all threads here are kinda stupid anyway, lol.

Over Liu Kang's league? ROFL. Geese and Krauser are nothing compared to Shao Kahn and Goro.

Whoops. Sub Zero's ending.

Yet an emo, a queer and a backstreet boy wannabe can survive through that? laughing

Btw, this is Terry after the fight:

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/props/effects/body84.gif

Sin_Volvagia
Over Liu Kang's league? ROFL. Geese and Krauser are nothing compared to Shao Kahn and Goro.

Only Shao Kahn is stronger than them but he's still below Orochi and "Those from the Past". Geese Howard's Rising Storm is of greater power than anything Goro can throw out and he's not even on Krauser's level.

Too bad it's non-canon and the only way Scorpion is beating Quan Chi if he's in the Netherrealm with him.

All three are waste Lui Lame and Kung Lao alone.

K' fought armed soldiers and survived and fought opponents and defeated Krizalid (who makes razor whirlwinds by kicking, can punch real fast, and has pyrokinesis at a much greater level).

Iori, as a kid, crushed rocks in his hands. As an adult he can slice people up with his hands, defeated Goenitz (who's control over wind is so powerful that he easily destroyed a coliseum with a hurricane and gouged Rugal's eye with a gesture), and has has pyrokinesis on a great level where he easily makes explosions and create flaming geysers. He once punched Kyo so hard that he flew 30ft and crashed into a cliff.

Kyo is between the power of K' and Iori.

Terry becomes an MK warehouse?

This is Scorpion's fate (@2:24)
AjDamRuBOK0

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Terry Bogard beats the hell out of the MK universe.

Terry isn't taken the entire the MKverse. Forget that.

iChaos
He wouldn't be able to kill Raiden, lol.

SaTsuJiN
ah the games versus forums.. where the battles are rarely 'matched', the tears flow, and the fanboy hate machine is at full throttle..

typical versus forum thread : "omigawrd, jedah vs sonic".. and then people bother debating it XD

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Terry isn't taken the entire the MKverse. Forget that.

My debate with Evil Ryu made me forget about characters like Taven and Onaga.

JacopeX
Terry Bogard beats the hell out of the MK universe. You're out of your godamned mind.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by JacopeX
You're out of your godamned mind.

Did you not see my last post or did you just wanted to make an ass out of yourself?

I-Drop

Scorpion stomps. He is a bloodthirsty revenge fueled ninja specter from the depths of hell for crying out loud. Besides his killing techniques and weapons, he can also use teleportation and illusions, but more importantly, he is a flame user who actually HAS proved he can quickly incinerate people with his flames like he did with the original Sub Zero. In his MK4 ending, he actually lifted Quan Chi with telekinesis and made him explode with a single energy ball.

Also, the MK universe is filled with mutants, half man half dragon monsters, killing machines, reptilian abominations, sorcerers, gods, demos, zombies, etc. Terry would get his ass kicked on a daily basis there.

Toasty. Ditto. MK verse is quite powerful, they just happen to put out lame games so the characters get underrated.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by I-Drop
Ditto. MK verse is quite powerful, they just happen to put out lame games so the characters get underrated.

Not just underrated; butchered. Just look at Liu Kang, Sonya, Kano, Shang Tsung, and Kintaro.

Ridley_Prime
Tsung is awesome though (more-so than most of the other MK villains IMO), and Sonya (although not one of my top favorites) is pretty classic as well.

edit:

ah the games versus forums.. where the battles are rarely 'matched', the tears flow, and the fanboy hate machine is at full throttle..

typical versus forum thread : "omigawrd, jedah vs sonic".. and then people bother debating it XD
I know right?

Hell Lancer
Scorpion: GET OVER HERE!
Terry: GETOUTTAHERE!

terry goes down hard. MK universe is too powerful and they are practically freaks. i doubt terry can rip someone's spine out and wipe his ass with it like scorpion does.

I-Drop
Not just underrated; butchered. Just look at Liu Kang Well he just sucks. Horrible, generic character no matter how good or bad the game is. The only original MK character that wasn't an instant classic.

Ridley_Prime
It's Liu Lame, remember?

I-Drop
laughing out loud I'll never forget

Bro SMASH
Well he just sucks. Horrible, generic character no matter how good or bad the game is. The only original MK character that wasn't an instant classic.

You don't have to keep repeating yourself. We all know how you feel about Liu Kang.

I-Drop
You meant "about Liu Lame". &that was for any new posters who might show up smile They have to know too.

Hell Lancer
so has I-drop always been a hater? confused
i've looked at some older threads and he's been the same for a couple of years now. that's some consistency! laughing out loud

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
Scorpion: GET OVER HERE!
Terry: GETOUTTAHERE!

terry goes down hard. MK universe is too powerful and they are practically freaks. i doubt terry can rip someone's spine out and wipe his ass with it like scorpion does.

Terry moves faster than Scorpion and 1 Hit KO'd a character that would wipe the floor with Goro. Terry has beaten many opponents including Geese and Krauser. Scorpion only killed Sub-zero and got beat by two Oni. Hell, he can't even stop Quan Chi without sending him to the Netherrealm.

Terry can't rip out someone's spine? Won't matter if he can take out armed soldiers and KO top-class fighters with one Power Geyser.

Well he just sucks. Horrible, generic character no matter how good or bad the game is. The only original MK character that wasn't an instant classic.

Sure he was still lame before but at least he didn't become a zombie for no good reason and with an even more annoying battle cry.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Originally posted by Hell Lancer
so has I-drop always been a hater? confused
i've looked at some older threads and he's been the same for a couple of years now. that's some consistency! laughing out loud Don't mess w/perfection. I only do it when horrible characters are mentioned nowadays tho. You seem familiar. Were you on KMC w/another name b4?

Ridley_Prime
Hell, he can't even stop Quan Chi without sending him to the Netherrealm.
And how do you know that? Not saying he would beat Terry, but Scorpion still knocked the tar out of Quan Chi and sent him on the run in the Netherrealm, so that counts for something too as far as feats go. Those two Oni (who Deception Scorpion would beat single-handedly due to having his power amped by the Elder Gods) were the only reason that coward sorcerer still lived.

Hell Lancer
i just joined a few weeks back. i've just look at old fighting game threads and seen you in all of 'em big grin
and don't worry, i have no intention of messing with you, oh smart one! awe

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And how do you know that? Not saying he would beat Terry, but Scorpion still knocked the tar out of Quan Chi and sent him on the run in the Netherrealm, so that counts for something too as far as feats go. Those two Oni (who Deception Scorpion would beat single-handedly due to having his power amped by the Elder Gods) were the only reason that coward sorcerer still lived.

That was unfair advantage. Quan Chi couldn't even use his magic in the Netherrealm. Of course, he needed the two Oni to even live. If this were some other location, Quan Chi would put Scorpion's head on a pike.

Also, Scorpion wasn't amped until Deception. Before that, Drahmin and Moloch threw his ass into the soulnado (which should've been his end).

Ridley_Prime
If this were some other location, Quan Chi would put Scorpion's head on a pike.
If it were normal Scorpion, maybe, but against Scorpion whose amped by the Elder Gods? I doubt it. Shujinko only beat that version of him because he's infused with the combined might/essence of so many warriors.

MKD Scorpion and Shujinko are both at a level above Quan Chi.

Also, Scorpion wasn't amped until Deception. Before that, Drahmin and Moloch threw his ass into the soulnado (which should've been his end).
I know. That's why I specified by saying Deception Scorpion.

Normal Scorpion did have an unfair advantage against the sorcerer in the Netherrealm though, I'll give you that.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

MKD Scorpion and Shujinko are both at a level above Quan Chi.

Shujinko yes but Scorpion? We don't even know how powerful he is. That ending where he kills Onaga is non-canon.

You got it backwards

superman_above_
Scoprion has lightning speed, terry is hypersonic at best, scorpion has durability and can take more punishments than terry considering his immortality. his mobility will give him edge.

Scorpion 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.