Battlecruisers Vs. Carriers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
THE ULTIMATE STARCRAFT RIVALRY WHO WINS DISCUSS. eek!

Pyropsycho
I would normally be for the protoss. But in this situation, battlecruisers would own considering both sides are fully upgraded. And even if the battlecruisers don't have yamato gun they'd still win because it takes forever for the carrier to launch interceptors attack. Also, in that patch a long time ago, the carrier's armor was weakened severely.

Battlecruisers also shoot one laser at a time while carriers use a bombardment of weak attacks, equivalent to several marines. This makes battlecruisers more suitable for killing units because attacks are instant.

Carriers however are more suitable for attacking a base, because they can launch interceptors from a far, giving them a substantial long-range advantage. Also carriers can move around while their interceptors are attacking an enemy. So in the contest of evasive maneuvers, the carrier wins.

In a dogfight battlecruiser wins...

RagnaViper
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
THE ULTIMATE STARCRAFT RIVALRY WHO WINS DISCUSS. eek!

Depends on what you mean. If you mean effectiveness in a group, then it's carriers. If you mean dogfight, then it's what pyro said: Battlecruiser wins.

CorderaMitchell
In a group of many its definitely Cattlebruisers, i mean Barriers, anyway a lot of fast moving attakcs , kill many in one quick volley.

RagnaViper
In a group of many its definitely Cattlebruisers, i mean Barriers, anyway a lot of fast moving attakcs , kill many in one quick volley.

I still say Battlecruisers are best for directly attacking units while Carriers are best against bases.

CorderaMitchell
Depends on the numbers, anything over 20 is instant death, a volley destroys anything, without yamato.

And shield removal=death.

RagnaViper
Depends on the numbers, anything over 20 is instant death, a volley destroys anything, without yamato.

And shield removal=death.

Yeah, Shield Removal helps a lot.

CorderaMitchell
agreed.

Pyropsycho
Also carriers have a number of tricks that I've found. One of course being moving and attacking at the same time. Another however is that they can literally cover the screen with their innumerable interceptors. Its cheap, but it keeps human opponents from being able to manage their units very easily because the can hardly see through the swarm.

But again carriers win only in base destruction speed and efficiency. But 12 battlecruisers vs. 12 carriers ends in a Terran victory especially with yamato gun.

CorderaMitchell
Yep the old hold position, but bc's were still faster, they shot quick bursts equal to interceptors time with 34 damage. vs an interceptors 9, but a carrier itself its easy to kill, especially with the scourge, a bc, can simply nail each one with one hit.

Pyropsycho
Yes bc's don't go down to scourges without a fight. And protoss air units as a whole are nearly defenseless. Scouts have slow moving missiles that tend to spin around in circles and carriers take forever to unload their interceptors. At the same time Terran air uses lasers and straight missiles (not gay) and wraiths can easily take on scourges from cloaking alone.

CorderaMitchell
Gotta love the wraiths.............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.