timeline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ga1adrie1
does anyone know how long it took to make all 3 movies from the time they started filming till all 3 were cut and ready for release

DanielLB
5 years maybe? Im not exactly sure but didnt PJ originally start in like 1998 witht he whole idea of it? -May be wrong

Exabyte
They started filming on October 11th 1999 and finished on December 22nd 2000; cutting took until shortly before the publishing of the last EE-DVD last fall smile

Peter Jackson already started preparing the movies in 1994 though; two years later, in 1996, he first contacted Saul Zaentz who owned the filming rights for LoTR.

shaber
I believe that they should have released them more quickly, as in waiting only 6 month intervals?

Leggy_n_Merry
But then it would have been over too quickly!

xXLauriëXx
exactly.. just think, if they'd released them 2 years apart, we'd still have one more to go! cry

JohnnyBloom
it's really strange, i mean for three years, christmas brought with it the release of a new film ... and then last christmas, there was only really quite frankly ODD films on at christmas ... :'( and no lotr!

xXLauriëXx
i know *sigh*.. it made me do this: cry
and then, they changed the colour of the Odeon tickets from green to orange, which made me do this: ranting

JohnnyBloom
ive heard they're going to be changing them again soon

Elessea
blink whats an Odeon ticket?

JohnnyBloom
odeon is one of the main cinema companies in the UK.
They used to have these really cool bright tickets which were green, but a few months ago they went orange and it's really scary!!!

Elessea
oh...out tickets change color all the time big grin

Flying High
i liked them when they were green.....the vue cineam tickets suck...they're pale blue....

xXLauriëXx
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
ive heard they're going to be changing them again soon
really? eek! are they going to be pink by any chance??.. cos i went into the odeon today and all the guys behind the counter thing where u buy your tickets.. were all wearing pink shirts... confused

Originally posted by Flying High
i liked them when they were green.....the vue cineam tickets suck...they're pale blue....
the UCI tickets are even worse.. they used to be yellow card things, and now you just get a scrappy white receipt thing .. s'rubbish!

Flying High

xXLauriëXx
no i don't think it was just cos they wanted to wear them.. it was like the uniform thing, you know how all the people wear the same t-shirt from a company or whatever, and they all had the odeon logo on it.. they were really bright pink too.. we walked in the door and were like WOHA, blinding..

Flying High
interesting...the odeon is trying to keep up to date with the fashion stick out tongue

xXLauriëXx
laughing out loud

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Flying High
cineworld are worst - white, just plain white!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.