Uncanny vs Astonishing X men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

life is cruell
Uncanny X-men- Storm, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Rachel, Psylocke, X 23
vs.
Astonishing X men- Cyclops, Emma, Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat, Wolvie

which team wins?

GalacticStorm
Uncanny Xmen

snoopdogg
Astonishing X-men

DarkCrawler
Astonishing.

FieryBalrog
hey, Astonishing is a better book, but powerwise theyre done for. Rachel, Storm and Psylocke are all quite powerful. The Astonishing team doent have a single person on that level.

8bitChris
I'd make a case for Cyclops neutralizing Storm in the fight. If they didn't attack him first anyway.

He could catch Rachel or Psylocke by surprise, but their TK shields would probably handle it.

Colossus could take Bishop pretty easily.

Wolverine > X-23

Nightcrawler and Kitty will be annoying to both sides. Nightcrawler could take out Cyclops too now that I think about it. But he'd be chumped by Beast if Beast ever landed a hit.

Emma will sit around in diamond form and wish she was as strong as Rachel.

Psylocke is probably one of the better fighters and probably hits harder than everyone (using her TK) except Colossus.

I'd make a case for the Astonishing team because Cyclops field leadership > Storm's firled leadership; but I have to give it to Uncanny in the overall strength department.

FieryBalrog
The Uncanny team has a more powerful telepath, 2 powerful telekinetics, and Storm...

Astonishing has Emma and a bunch of melee fighters, plus Cyke.

Why would Colossus, for example, be allowed to take out Bishop? Rachel mindwipes him, or Betsy uses TK to throw him around, taking out the Astonishing team right there.

8bitChris
Rachael mindwiping him would be out of character so it's not allowed on the forums!

8bitChris
I think the X-men team is pretty powerful; but they are the only one sans telepath.

Polaris, Iceman, Havok, Gambit, Rogue (She has sunfire's powers now :P)

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Rachael mindwiping him would be out of character so it's not allowed on the forums!

why would mindwiping be out of character? If she were really provoked, she would, and in fights here we assume bloodlust... Supes almost never speedblitzes, but hes speedblitzing every fight here.

But she doesnt need to mindwipe him to telepathically stop him anyway. Just mentally disable him, put him to sleep, whateva. wink

DarkCrawler
Emma has beaten Rachel on telepathic battle before. Rachel may have the raw power, but Emma is WAY more skilled. Cyclops could shoot Storm out from the air before, he could do it another time too. Wolverine can take out Nightcrawler. That leaves X-23, Bishop and an telekinetic Psylocke. I believe that Emma can take out Psylocke, Wolverine or Colossus can take out Bishop. X-23 will not be much of a problem.

snoopdogg
The astonishing team has a experience edge too I think.

So they may have better teamwork.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Emma has beaten Rachel on telepathic battle before. Rachel may have the raw power, but Emma is WAY more skilled. Cyclops could shoot Storm out from the air before, he could do it another time too. Wolverine can take out Nightcrawler. That leaves X-23, Bishop and an telekinetic Psylocke. I believe that Emma can take out Psylocke, Wolverine or Colossus can take out Bishop. X-23 will not be much of a problem.

well Rachel didnt go all out. Also, her power levels are being very inconsistent and are modified to fit the plot. Which is why one issue shes beating Fury and making black holes, the next Viper, a human agent who Claremont loves to bump up, is punking her. The overall trend has been depowering her over the past year or so when she was introduced.

I wouldnt say Emma is WAY more skilled than Rachel. Shes been to the end of time and back, she forged the Askani clan over 50 years, etc. She has a ton of experience.

Finally, Emma is pretty damn vulnerable sometimes and Rachel has telekinesis too. She was hit in the head with a rock by a protester and she couldnt use her telepathy at all. Rachel could just TK a brick into her head and shes out. In fact, she barely does anything telepathically powerful.

8bitChris
I thought Rachel lost all memory of herself as mother Askani?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I thought Rachel lost all memory of herself as mother Askani?

shes still developed the necessary telepathic skills and practice.

Cosmic Flame
Not to mention that Rachel's TK extends to the molecular level like her "mother". Emma wouldn't take Betsy out, as she seems to be immune to TP right now.

I don't think Astonishing has much more experience than Uncanny. Rachel has much more combat experience than Emma does. Bishop has studied the X-Men, so he has a slight advantage. The only one with little experience here is X-23, and she doesn't seem to let that stop her.

stormfront13
storm electrifies all the air near the astonishing team then they're all done. she has broken through a forcefield doing tihs, astonishing is done.

life is cruell
I think the astonishing team has the advantage. Knowing that storm could pull something like electrifying the air around them cyclops would take her out quickly with a wide optic blast. Emma would give her team a pyschic defense against rachel. Colossus would take out bishop, new 40 ton class beast is gonna take out nightcrawler by eventually anticipating where he will teleport like cyclops once did. Wolverine could handle X-23 and then theres psylocke which is tricky but kitty might be able to ambush her.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by life is cruell
I think the astonishing team has the advantage. Knowing that storm could pull something like electrifying the air around them cyclops would take her out quickly with a wide optic blast. Emma would give her team a pyschic defense against rachel. Colossus would take out bishop, new 40 ton class beast is gonna take out nightcrawler by eventually anticipating where he will teleport like cyclops once did. Wolverine could handle X-23 and then theres psylocke which is tricky but kitty might be able to ambush her.

Knowing Cyke would try a wide angle blast, Psylocke creates a TK shield while Rachel and Emma lock horns telepathically. Pyslocke then telekinetically swings around Colossus like a club, taking out Cyke and Emma. Once Emma is down Rachel mentally subdues the rest. Storm provides cover & backup, Bishop provides absorption, X-23 provides Wolverine distraction. stick out tongue

stormfront13
providing a wide range attack could possibly kill some of the uncanny members uncanny, and cyke won't do that

DrDoom
I'm assuming that they are going for blood in this fight, so he would.

Also, Uncanny wins:

-Two super powerful TK/Telepaths (did Betsy get her telepathy back? or does she just have uber TK like she did when she returned?)

-Bishop, who knows virtually evey X-Man's strengths/weaknesses/fighting style. He'd concentrate on Kitty, first blowing Lockjaw out of the air.

-Nightcrawler could just teleport behind Cyke at soon as they start fighting,rip off his visor, grab onto him and teleport like 4 or 5 times, ending up with him 10 feet in the air--ready to get deep fried by Storm. (I doubt Cyke would be crazy enough to open his eyes during the ride, seeing as he could just as well kill his team).

-While Rachel is battling Emma on the Astral Plane, Betsy is using Pete like an indestructible bowling ball, trying to crush the agile Beast--Storm (who has been using her weather powers to force Kitty underground) lends her a hand and uses her lightning to herd Beast into the giant Russian. *Splat*

-Only Kitty, Colossus (who is just Betsy's voodoo doll) and Emma are left. While Storm, X-23 and Nightcrawler are trying to find Kitty, Betsy notices that Emma has almost won the battle with Rachel, so she hurls Colossus at Emma (who is still quite occupied). Emma goes down, and Peter is hurt (slamming into Emma's diamond hard form wouldn't K.O. him, but he'd be groggy). Betsy then starts using him like Hotsauce uses an And 1 ball, and after a few minutes, Pete is down.

-It's the entire Uncanny team vs. Shadowcat. She might get Bishop if she gets very lucky,either way she's toast.

-"But where's Wolverine?!" you ask? He's at the FF's headquarters, explaining to Reed why he stole his cloning machine ( how else could he be on the X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-men AND The Avengers? At the same time no less).

8bitChris
Psylocke is still sans telepathy.

DrDoom
So she just has uber TK...her TK is ridiculously powerful now.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DrDoom
So she just has uber TK...her TK is ridiculously powerful now.

what was so ridiculous about it? confused

DarkCrawler
Cyclops probably knows all the X-Men better then they know themselves, though.

BENITO
It's Uncanny who wins. Hehehe

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cyclops probably knows all the X-Men better then they know themselves, though.

Except that Uncanny's been away from the mansion for several years now, returning only on occasion. And Bishop, I think, probably knows them better than anyone.

DarkCrawler
Nah, Cyclops does. (After the thousand Danger Room scenes with them) Bishop know a lot, but Cyclops has had first hand experience with them. He once wiped up the floor with a team consisting Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Shadowcat, Rogue and Lockheed.

Zahit
Astonishing is a FAR better book.
The only X-Book i've been able to stomach in the last 15 years or so.
Good stuff so far.

As far as a fight goes, pretty damn close, but the astonishing team
has the experience. cyclops is by FAR the best strategist of the group.
emma has the experience over rachel and betsy.
very close.

and no....storm CANNOT defeat the entire X-men by herself!!!

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Zahit
Astonishing is a FAR better book.
The only X-Book i've been able to stomach in the last 15 years or so.
Good stuff so far.

As far as a fight goes, pretty damn close, but the astonishing team
has the experience. cyclops is by FAR the best strategist of the group.
emma has the experience over rachel and betsy.
very close.

and no....storm CANNOT defeat the entire X-men by herself!!! betsy and rachel are certainly as experienced as Emma. Dammit, Rachels been through thousands of years of history.

Cyclops is a good strategist, Storm is a good one too. Cyclops is better, but the power edge on the Uncanny team is just too much.

When you have useless people like Beast (great character, not much power-wise) or even Colossus- whom Psylocke will use as a battering ram- its not going to matter. Bishop DOES have tons of info on every x-man.

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
betsy and rachel are certainly as experienced as Emma. Dammit, Rachels been through thousands of years of history.

Cyclops is a good strategist, Storm is a good one too. Cyclops is better, but the power edge on the Uncanny team is just too much.

When you have useless people like Beast (great character, not much power-wise) or even Colossus- whom Psylocke will use as a battering ram- its not going to matter. Bishop DOES have tons of info on every x-man.

Most of Emma's combat experience has come since she's been with the X-Men, so it's very limited. And since Bishop was supposed to know who was to betray the X-Men, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know the Xavier Protocols as well. Besides, he's been engaged in many shady dealings with Sage. It would be most unwise to underestimate him.

CorderaMitchell
Uncanny x-men in an all out fight.

stormfront13
there is no way cyke knows the other team better than they do themselves. he isn't going to predict their every move. uncanny wins imo. psylocks telepathy is on a level that even rachel can't reach. yeah cyke is a good leader, he might be a better stragetist, but storm isn't far behind and combine that with bishop knowing every x-men like the back of his hand they should have the edge. they have more raw power.

DrDoom
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
what was so ridiculous about it? confused

She used to use psychic knives, and then a sword. She also switched powers with Jean for a bit. Now she's slapping Rachel away like it was nothing. She was powerful, but not this powerful.

Either Betsy's getting up there, or Claremont just enjoy's nerfing Rachel.
(Hmm...now that I think about it...)

stormfront13
well actually i think betsy is naturally powerful or somethiung, i would love to se if she has any other abilities

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DrDoom
She used to use psychic knives, and then a sword. She also switched powers with Jean for a bit. Now she's slapping Rachel away like it was nothing. She was powerful, but not this powerful.

Either Betsy's getting up there, or Claremont just enjoy's nerfing Rachel.
(Hmm...now that I think about it...)

its a combination of both, but mostly Rachel being nerfed. Strange, because CC does love powering up his women...

stormfront13
well anyway, the only probem on the astonishing team would be emma. she can use telepathy in diamond form, and in diamond form has class 70 strength

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by stormfront13
well anyway, the only probem on the astonishing team would be emma. she can use telepathy in diamond form, and in diamond form has class 70 strength

thats not actually known to be true, merely suggested by a couple of panels of Astonishing... she doesnt necessarily have telepathy in diamond form.

stormfront13
well someone gave me an issue number where she ha done it, let me find it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.